2102 Shattuck Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94704Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.revivalbarandkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5105499950
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00-10:00pm
Sundays 5:00- 9:30
Late Night Menu Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10:00-11:00
Happy Hour Tuesday-Friday 3:00-6:00
Live music on Thursday nights!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Amy Murray
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Revival Bar + Kitchen provides excellent and innovative lunch box catering in downtown Berkeley. We create tasty, and organic menus with generous options for interesting sandwiches, grain salads, vegetable salads, and desserts.
- Entertainment: We are hosting special events on occasion. Please sign up for our email list (via our website). We will send out announcements a few weeks prior to events. Your email will remain confidential.
- Special Events: Revival Bar+Kitchen features culinary, cocktail, and musical events on occasion. Special Artisan Wine Dinners, and Thematic Farmer Menus are our specialty. Sign up for our email list to get notified. Your email will remain confidential.
- Cross Street: Addison
- Public Transit: Downtown Berkeley BART is just a few steps away. It's a major hub for AC transit as well.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking may be tight, but there are numerous options for reasonably-priced pay lots within a few blocks. Downtown Berkeley Parking Map link on our website.
A word from Revival Bar+Kitchen
Revival Bar+Kitchen is serving distinctive, locally sourced, farm-to table, snout-to tail, utterly delicious food for dinner. The full bar is mixing original, hand-crafted cocktails, and our bar menu is available to satisfy after-the-show appetites. We have a 40 person private room for everything from business dinners to wedding parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Revival Bar+Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Berkeley ›
Revival Bar+Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)vibrant bar scene (73)special occasion (58)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (38)romantic (31)notable wine list (26)hot spot (19)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- pretty goodtrustmeDined on 8/24/2014Revival provided good service. There was a nice assortment of starters and the wntres were well prepared and attractively presented. go for the charcuterie.
- First Time's The Charm!ack48Dined on 8/21/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We chose it for a pre-Greek Theater performance. We had a drink at the bar (mixologist was fabulous and most accommodating!) before being seated at our table for dinner. Our server was delightful and most efficient. She was also very much aware of our theater reservation and served us in a most timely fashion. They have a fabulous wine list and we were delighted with each and every dish we were served. SUPERB!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place overalloutandaboutDined on 8/16/2014The ambiance and full bar was probably the best parts of the restaurant. The food was overall decent, but I wouldn't come here just for that. I was looking for a place that had decent drinks and drinks and moderate noise level for a girls night out, which it fulfilled. My girls and I had a great time catching up. Service was a bit sparse, but we weren't that needy. The decor and lighting were lovely.Special Features:
- Pre-concert dinnerdontgetoutmuchDined on 8/15/2014We chose Revival Bar + Kitchen based on other Yelper's reviews for a special dinner, pre-concert at the Greek Theater. The food was outstanding - we had the Sea Bass, Spare Ribs (best ribs ever!), Roasted Duck (OMG! Incredible!), and the Kale Salad, regrettable only because the other dishes were so phenomenally good. The meats here are the feature - in house butchery and all - and are prepared perfectly. It's a big meal, go hungry! Will definitely be back, probably for 'Fried Chicken Sundays"! Our waiter was awesome, made sure we got our check early and reminded us when it was getting close to showtime... sweet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- at least it was close to BARTJamieFukuisanDined on 8/14/2014pork under cooked, table too small, table needed a tablecloth, you can't put clean silverware on a dirty metal table top, wait staff unfamiliar with what was on the plates being served, I'll go again if someone else buys. Asked for sparkling water and waiter said they had sparkling water on tap, is that new or am I just really old?
- Lovely theatre district restaurantluvfoodDined on 8/12/2014Our waiter was excellent and the food quite delicious. The only complaint was that the mixed meat large plate was on the salty side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice placeLarryDined on 8/12/2014Four of us dined at Revival prior to a recent concert at the Greek Theater. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal, although the service was slow and we ended up in a rush to get to the concert, even though we told the wait staff of our plans. Still, this is a really nice place to eat if your not in a hurry.Special Features:
- tom1938Dined on 8/9/2014Food and service very good. High noise level makes conversation difficult.Special Features:
- enjoyable dinnerKiraDined on 8/9/2014We had a good time at Revival. The cocktails are interesting, the food was very good, the service was great. I look forward to returning another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meal.BerkeleyRepDined on 8/8/2014Spectacularly prepared food. Perfect portions. Exquisite desserts. Beyond my expectations!Special Features:
- peterVIPDined on 8/7/2014It is very convenient when attending the Berkeley Rep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEmc1Dined on 8/3/2014Revival is our go to special occasion restaurant. Great bar. Food always good. Love the kale salad.Special Features:
- Revival YummmphilnjanDined on 7/31/2014Revival saved the day! Our anniversary plans changed and being Berkeley Rep folks, we had been eyeing this lovely dining spot for months. We celebrated our anniversary by having the best feast imaginable - from the very generous "small" charcuterie plate to a memorable Terra Firma tiger baby watermelon salad to the "larger" plates - halibut and mixed grill to a super flavorful sorbet. The service was great - Aaron was always anticipating our needs and was helpful with suggestions. We loved the decor, the romantic ambiance and the seats were so comfortable. We will go back again and again - the very name excites our palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find something appealingRiverDined on 7/31/2014Strange menu. Limited choices. Poor results. My companion felt the same way. Too bad because restaurant is well located for entertainment.Special Features:
- Close to the theatre, and elegant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014We started with their Greek flatbread which consisted of salami, onions and feta cheese - an outstanding beginning. My wife and her friend had the gnocchi, and it was truly elegant. I had the burger which was perfectly cooked and came with either fries or a side salad (I chose the salad). We shared two desserts. The mini doughnuts, and the key-lime tortes. Both were outstanding, but my favorite was the doughnut dish which was freshly made (our server indicated it would be an additional 15 minutes - but certainly worth the wait.). There was a modest but more than sufficient wine list, and outstanding coffee at the end. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Gift certificate recipientPumaIIIDined on 7/30/2014A gift certificate that languished in a drawer for some years was finally redeemed and led to one of our most memorable meals we have experienced in the Bay Area. Service was excellent. It was obvious that several staff had an eye on our table and checked with us appropriately without making us feel hovered over. Cocktails were festive and contained novel ingredients. The food was fabulous and innovatively prepared. We tried a variety of dishes including house made charcuterie, duck confit flat bread, curly kale salad and a most extraordinary Farallon Island black cod, by far the most perfectly cooked fish ever experienced. The menu changes constantly to take advantage of the freshest and most desirable of local ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchFlipperVIPDined on 7/29/2014Went to dinner before show at Berkeley Rep. Food out of this world. The heirloom tomato salad was the best I ever had. The duck pate served with gherkins, onion, mustard and chutney was a great first choice. The duck was tender, rare (as I ordered) and just the right amount. In fact all portions were substantial but not overwhelming. The service was a little slow but we easily made the show. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to bebellbellDined on 7/26/2014We've been coming to Revival since 2011 and there's been a definate decline in the quality of food as well as the service. In the early days, the food was high quality and the wait staff was enthusiastic about their jobs. I was there Saturday and our bartender seemed distracted and focused on activities other than serving customers. In fact, she sort of seemed to avoid the customers who were at the bar with us, doing things that didn't appear as important as serving patrons like wiping an already clean counter and moving glasses - mere inches - on the bar behind her. As we sat down for dinner, our server had what I could only describe as this mild sneer on his face, like he couldn't wait to leave for the night. Revival needs reviving!
- Revival Bar and KitchenCarnivoreDined on 7/23/2014The charcuterie was very good, but marred by unneeded salad items. I would have preferred more regular bread in place of a huge plate of crostini . My mixed grill had the same problem, and lacked some classic items, such as mushrooms, kidneys , and bacon. I would not in lude a sausage. The server twice bumped into me. The wine service began well, but we were left to refill our own glasses.
- Wish the food was betterfoodloverDined on 7/19/2014This is a great location and the restaurant has a lot going for it--except the food is really a disappointment. I had the duck entree--tough breast, dry leg, yucky pistachio pistou. It didn't even look appealing. My partner had the lamb shank, which was a bit better. We ordered a side of french fries, which thankfully were really good, and we had a few desserts, which were so-so. Everything was overpriced for what we got. Too bad!
- JerryDined on 7/13/2014The fried chicken was very tasty. I was disappointed, however, in the somewhat limited menu, and was hoping to get salmon, for which they had advertised earlier in the season. One issue was with the room temperature -- it was uncomfortably warm until we brought it to their attention, at which point they turned up the air conditioning. We appreciated the immediate response.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!EssieDined on 7/12/2014The food was wonderful, the service friendly and efficient. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:
- Tasty but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Food was a little pricey for the amount received. However, it was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to dine!JKKADined on 7/1/2014Four of us dined at Revival before going to Berkeley Rep. It's upbeat and the staff is extremely cordial. We all enjoyed our food but there are a few too many lamb entrees for me (since I don't eat lamb) so I feel that the menu is a bit limited. Having said that, the two of us who don't eat lamb, found other very good things to eat. The flatbread is a must!!! This is a foodies restaurant...creative...interesting flavors and combinations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and OriginalTapasDined on 6/29/2014Overall an enjoyable experience although the restaurant is rather noisy. Service was friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the duck breast and knowing that we were partaking in a farm-to-table experience. The price seemed reasonable for the Berkley area. Not sure that we will return since there are many other great restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- CARNEVORE'S PARADISEOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014used this several times as a pre-theateer venue. Other than the high noise level, it is very good. Most of the complicated meat charcuterie is made on premises. Cheese plate is one of the best in town As to wine, small list but has taken the sensible step of making the house wines a rotating selection of kegs--ie., not bottle by bottle Thus fresher, and more various, and local.Special Features:
- Hopefully not the end?StanDined on 6/27/2014We've been to Revival at least half a dozen times since it opened and it's always been fantastic. This last Friday night it was decidedly mediocre. Of the four small plates we ordered--fritto misto, calamari, kale salad, and flatbread--the fritto misto was great, and everything else was ho hum. To top it all off, the "devil's chocolate cake," THE dessert that our waiter categorically recommended, was very pretty to look at and so over-the-top cloyingly sweet as to be completely inedible with no sense of subtlety. (Hopefully not intended to be prepared that way.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- near theatreeaterDined on 6/27/2014our server was attentive to our theatre time, he asked if we had a curtain to make and brought the check on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and loudOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/27/2014The noise prohibits carrying on a conversation. I had the duck breast for $25. It was good but not that good! It is very convenient for two theaters, but I think we will see if there is a better restaurant for us.
- HenriDined on 6/27/2014Our waiter was outstanding. The food suburb. They always have new drinks and he was very helpful in suggesting something we might like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service missed the markanecDined on 6/26/2014Sorry, could not recommend this restaurant going forward, although we have dined there on many occasions. The wait staff changed part way through the dining experience and pertinent information was not passed forward. There were several missteps-wrong drink, timing, and spacing of drinks, hors d'oeurves, main course, etc. Just not on target. The food is still great, but the service was lacking this time around. :-( P.S. Wish we could have had a white tablecloth like other tables had. Might have helped with the sound.Special Features:
- panteraDined on 6/24/2014Have been to Revival before and was disappointed this time - the french fries were undercooked - tasted frozen
- Superb experiencePattySDined on 6/22/2014The food is comprised of fresh, locally sourced ingredients that are prepared and presented in such a way that demands slow consumption and discussion. The service is efficient and aware without being intrusive. The servers treated our ten-year-old diner with respect and without patronizing him. Every dish is perfect. The portions are generous without being overwhelming. The vegetables, fruits and proteins are given star status. There is a grapefruit sabayon that accompanies the pan-roasted trout that should be served all by itself as a side dish or a drink because it's so delicious. Don't overlook the confited and roasted duck. Please bring a designated driver because the cocktails, especially "The Grand Chawbee", say "Drink Me."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An expensive disappointment.EasytopleaseDined on 6/21/2014The ambiance and the service were ok, but the food left to be desired. The entrée was dry and greasy; it looked and tasted as if it had been plated hours before and just reheated for serving. Will not go back.
- Good pre-theater spotMaryVIPDined on 6/17/2014I enjoyed my first visit to Revival. It is very convenient to several theaters. The food was tasty and a relatively good value.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014We ate here for the first time in April and enjoyed the experience so much that we returned. Once again when told that we had a theater performance to attend, the staff ensured that we were able to enjoy our meal as well as make the performance on time. The heirloom tomato salad was delicious. The lardo accent brought out the sweetness of the tomatoes. The small charcuterie plate was enough for two people. The diverse seasonings and textures blended perfectly. We would return again.Special Features:
- Great findSallyDined on 6/14/2014The food was exciting and novel and delicious. Wait staff - Dion - was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceJon1949Dined on 6/13/2014We had the charcuterie plate, which was excellent. Each item was tasty. The middle size was plenty for two people. Fritto mixto was also wonderful. The house salads were large and fresh. The Spanish wine went well with all of it. Our waiter and the team were very attentive. All in all, very, very nice.Special Features:
- Fall in love with BerkeleyLive4foodDined on 6/10/2014This spot made me fall in love with Berkeley...again. Food was outstanding and the atmosphere just as vibrant. Very "Berkeley" crowd, great scene for dinner and/or bar. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot before the theaterSuzieQVIPDined on 6/7/2014Went to revival before attending a berkeley rep show. Food came out quickly by our wonderful server, and the fiord was fantastic. The Gnudi with spring peas was delicious as was our panna cotta dessert! Cocktails very fun but pretty pricey for the size. The waitress was wonderful as were all the service staff.Special Features: