2102 Shattuck Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94704Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.revivalbarandkitchen.com/
- Phone: (510) 549-9950
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00-10:00pm
Sundays 5:00- 9:30
Late Night Menu Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10:00-11:00
Happy Hour Tuesday-Friday 3:00-6:00
Live music on Thursday nights!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Amy Murray
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Revival Bar + Kitchen provides excellent and innovative lunch box catering in downtown Berkeley. We create tasty, and organic menus with generous options for interesting sandwiches, grain salads, vegetable salads, and desserts.
- Entertainment: We are hosting special events on occasion. Please sign up for our email list (via our website). We will send out announcements a few weeks prior to events. Your email will remain confidential.
- Special Events: Revival Bar+Kitchen features culinary, cocktail, and musical events on occasion. Special Artisan Wine Dinners, and Thematic Farmer Menus are our specialty. Sign up for our email list to get notified. Your email will remain confidential.
- Cross Street: Addison
- Public Transit: Downtown Berkeley BART is just a few steps away. It's a major hub for AC transit as well.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking may be tight, but there are numerous options for reasonably-priced pay lots within a few blocks. Downtown Berkeley Parking Map link on our website.
A word from Revival Bar+Kitchen
Revival Bar+Kitchen is serving distinctive, locally sourced, farm-to table, snout-to tail, utterly delicious food for dinner. The full bar is mixing original, hand-crafted cocktails, and our bar menu is available to satisfy after-the-show appetites. We have a 40 person private room for everything from business dinners to wedding parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Revival Bar+Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Berkeley ›
Revival Bar+Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (104)vibrant bar scene (77)neighborhood gem (67)special occasion (51)good for groups (48)romantic (32)hot spot (30)notable wine list (24)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Cocktails excellent, food overcooked and saltyconsistentVIPDined on 11/21/2014The bar scene is very fun - lots of interesting cocktails, excellent bartenders. I was wholly unimpressed with the food. VERY VERY salty, everything and overcooked. I would definitely encourage people to drink but hold off on the food.Special Features:
- Great food... new waiter?foodie4lifeVIPDined on 11/21/2014We had an amazing dinner and the food was really great. The drinks were really great too. The waiter on the other hand was not so great. The service was really slow, my drink took forever and I had to ask for it twice. The waiter never put in the fries for our order so we finished eating and told him just to take them off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive staff. Convenient location.ellaVIPDined on 11/20/2014Wish there were more variety for vegetarians and fish offerings. Meat options out-way other choices. However, always enjoy dining at Revival. Have been several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great88888Dined on 11/19/2014Food took over an hour to come out and not everyone in our party had ordered appetizers. Won't go back.
- Great for foodies! Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/15/2014You won't go wrong eating here. Food/service experience has always been great. Wonderful dinner before or after plays or Cal Performances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2014Food Tasty; vegetarian dish too small for price. Menu a bit quirky!
- Exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2014One of the top 3 food experiences ever. Chef Amy delivers unique food that makes other food from other nice restaurants seem like your are eating fast food. She knows where her food comes from, because she and her team make everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodteamVIPDined on 11/12/2014We love to eat here before theatre on Addison Street. Staff is always able to handle time constraints. Appetizers to share are great and the bar is excellent. Keep doing what you are doing - it works.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revive your taste budsZasaSwansonDined on 11/8/2014Revival Bar + Kitchen is quite has been quite the discovery and a Gem. The mixed drinks, appetizers, main course, service and ambiance is delightful. My favorite again is the Mixed Grill. The portions literally melt in your mouth. Overall the experience is quite a treat to the senses and palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/6/2014Been many times and it just gets better and better... The composed salads are always a highlight, as are the fabulous flatbreads, and the charcuterie plates. Nom nom! Top notch kitchen, handles all dishes with ingenuity and panache.Special Features:
- Superb service and foodHappydinerDined on 11/6/2014We ran late for our reservation due to traffic problems. We called to let Revival know and the hostess assured us that she would make sure we were seated whenever we arrived. We were served quickly. The food was excellent. Although we arrived late to dinner, our waiter and the kitchen staff made sure we got to the theater on time. We were very impressed with the service and the food and will come back again.Special Features:
- Noisy diningduncan2721Dined on 11/6/2014Restaurant WAY too noisy! Noise level was not "Energetic" . Could hardly hear ourselves think. Not a pleasant atmosphere. If you want to encourage a slightly older crowd going to nearby theaters, you'd better do something about buffering the noise level. Doubt that I will dine there again. AND--we had to wait over an hour between giving out order and the meal brought to our table. That is way too long.
- the off-menu menuLocalWineheadDined on 11/2/2014As a pesco-vegetarian, you'd think my choices would be limited at a restaurant featuring on-site butchery but things are surprising at Revival. The "same" dishes are often made differently from the menu descriptions: the sea bass has no bass b/c they ran out so it's halibut instead, the summer veggies are actually an intriguing kale mixture, or they are not making the au jus sauce but a fantastic carrot or beet-based foam. The wine list is ever-changing and from unusual locations. Desserts sound typical but arrive at table looking nothing like you expected. It's an adventure!! I come each time expecting the unexpected. Always interesting, always yummy. Also, open late, walking distance from F&S & the theatres, stumbling distance to BART.Special Features:
- Overall very good.LibbyDined on 10/31/2014The rarely found tongue and heart starter was good. The chef certainly knew what he/she was doing, as these offal dishes are very difficult to prepare, especially the heart which tends to be tough. It was excellently cooked and favorably seasoned. I have already recommended this restaurant to friends and will continue to do so. I plan to return to try other unusual interesting dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; Superb organic quality!Bostonfoodie1Dined on 10/31/2014I have now eaten at Revival seven times during my stay in Berkeley, and it never disappoints. The flavor combinations are wonderful, and the service is terrific. I will return each time I visit the area, and I have recommended the restaurant to numerous others, both locally and here visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every bite was delightfulGratefulDonZDined on 10/30/2014Beet Flatbread, Kale Salad, Black Bass, and several kinds of Mushrooms made an appearance.... The kind of meal we were still talking about 2 days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Dinner at RevivalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Three of us dined Wednesday night at Berkeley's Revival Bar & Kitchen. I have to say right away that all three of us enjoyed our meals to the fullest. The menu is slim, but each of us found more than one tempting item. Our servers were competent and pleasant, and our main server hit the zone of paying our table sufficient attention without distracting us by too-frequent visits. The big room is noisier than I like, but I would come here again, probably early.
- DinerDinerDined on 10/26/2014Delicious, Delicious food, wonderful bar and wine offerings, extensive list of both wines by the bottle and spirits. Great on the spot service. Brought my family here they loved it. Local ingredients with seasonal changing menus. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- great bar, great charcuteriegoodfoodDined on 10/26/2014revival is home to the freshest, most tasty charcuterie in the east bay. also, a great bar. not an amazing place to eat if you are a vegetarian, but really terrific french fries are a wonderful consolation.Special Features:
- Great Dininghankar2Dined on 10/22/2014Had dinner here with friends prior to going to a Berkeley Rep performance. The service was outstanding as was my entree of fresh trout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I shall returnhrmhrmDined on 10/19/2014This location has had bad luck, but whoever runs this hit the right formula. Ambience has an old gas lamp feel but it's a modern version, not kitsch nostalgic. Food is excellent. Service was very friendly, but a bit slower. That's the only complaint though, and it's not a big one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gem near Berkeley BartdbdbDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant represents, indeed, the revival of a space that held once a restaurant that started out good and declined rapidly. Not so, Revival, which has been going strong now for about four or five years. The food is excellent; the wine list not quite notable but interesting and well thought out; many bottles in the 30-50 range and ranging up to about 100 for an excellent Brunello. Ambiance lovely. A bit noisy but one can carry on conversation and the service is amiable and efficient. I like this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very Good DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent spot for dinner in Downtown Berkeley. Can recommend the Duck Breast & Leg Confit, the Pork Chop, and the Plum Gallette for dessert. Not crowded when we arrived at ^PM on a Friday but packed by the time we left.Special Features:
- Berkeley GemZasaSwansonDined on 10/17/2014Revival Bar + Kitchen is quite a delightful find. Share the lamb meatballs and have the Revival Mixed Grill all to yourself. The food and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodDeniseDined on 10/16/2014Enjoyed the food. We eat here often (before going to the Berkeley Repetory Theater). Service was rather slow this evening (apparently the kitchen was backed up), however service is usually very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place before theater or musicluv2dineVIPDined on 10/15/2014Close to BART, Berkeley Rep and Freight & Salvage. Very comfortable with excellent service, food and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Menu Needs UpdatingLauraDined on 10/11/2014Having enjoyed Revival several times, we decided it would be a good choice to treat my in-laws to dinner. However, we found the menu to be limited and in need of updating. We felt there were not enough choices of entrees and that one or two specials would have solved that issue. 3 out of 4 of us were dissatisfied with the apple fritters; the crust masked the taste of apples - and apples are in season! One of us ordered the lamb and although the taste of the meat was good, the presentation of the lamb on the plate left a lot to be desired; why have limp greens that are difficult to CUT??!! This dish would have been lovely with fresh vegetables and/or a simple grain. The duck entree was considered very good. Service, atmosphere: GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwanDined on 10/10/2014Food is mostly local and seasonal. Food always interesting & so delicious. Go there every visit to Berkeley. Best to make reservations if you are going to the play because it's busy. You can get in without reservations because they also have a large bar seating area tooSpecial Features:
- all4foodDined on 10/9/2014We come to Revival when we go to Berkeley Rep--fine food and very helpful staff. Have enjoyed it for several years now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDaveGeorge7Dined on 10/9/2014We visited this restaurant for the first time on Thursday, Oct. 9th. It is located on the same block as our entertainment venue, Freight and Salvage. We loved the experience! The waiter and staff were at our elbows catering to our every need. The food dishes, which my wife and I shared were prepared to perfection. This included a delicious pumpkin soup, perfectly grilled pork chop, fresh salad with fruit and persimmon, and the locally caught wild salmon. I can see why some reviewers objected to noise levels as the old brick walls and open spaces are reflective of sound. But the noise did not interfere with our conversation even though my wife has hearing difficulties. Our compliments to the chef and wait staff!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemdbdbDined on 10/5/2014Revival is a true neighborhood gem in downtown Berkeley right near the Bart. The food is excellent and the wine list fine, if not quite notable. The bar which opens at four is full of folks having drinks together after work and even eating at the bar later on and the room, while a bit noisy, is not too noisy for comfortable conversation. Service is friendly and competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came for the location-stayed 4 foodnrheidiVIPDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant is across the street from Berkeley Rep theaters, so we went because of its location. We were early, so spent an hour over wine in the bar chatting. Excellent menu - I went with the mixed grill as they do all their own butchering, charcuterie, etc and this was a great way to sample it. Best pork I've eaten. Varied and plentiful menu selections available, nice wine list. Service was tops with a lot of care taken to assure our comfort with timing regarding our curtain time. We will be back often!Special Features:
- Pre Berkeley Rep. faveMarindocVIPDined on 10/1/2014One of few restaurants that has a 5 pm reservation time! It's perfect for cross street, Weds. 7pm theater starts. House designed cocktails as Basil Gimlet are superb. Good pours, spirit selection and bartender knowledge are tops. Waitperson(s) were helpful and knowledgeable- even the new trainee! Share one of the well sized flatbreads, pickle, charcuterie plates or the humungous sized French fries with your drink. Entrees as excellent and nicely plated: medium rare salmon on risotto cake, breast of duck with confit, braised beef. Desserts tend to be on small size- probably OK with ample appetizer and entree varieties. Coffee and teas are great. Try for a seat near the window. Unfortunately no TV to see sporting events. OUR FAVE!!!Special Features:
- Consistently Good FoodEastBayGourmandVIPDined on 9/27/2014Knowledgeable wait staff with good wine recommendations. Food is always good and a varied menu to choose from satisfying most tastes. I enjoy the mixed grill.sSpecial Features:
- Not my favorite!StunningDined on 9/27/2014We simply found the restaurant too loud and the ambience not peaceful or friendly. The food was fine but not wonderful. The coffee intensely strong.Special Features:
- Revival is a personal favoriteElleDined on 9/25/2014We love going here for the cocktails AND the food. It's pretty energetic noise-wise, so I'm not sure I'd say it's for a romantic evening when you want to hear your dinner companion and have deep conversation. But it's a fun place to eat, and we often go here before shows at Berkeley Rep or the Freight and Salvage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for meal before performanceJanrcVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great drink -The Fitzroy. Fun place to come for drink. Great dinner service in time for a performance at Aurora or Berkeley Rep.Special Features:
- Stellar food and serviceContessaDined on 9/23/2014It's always a terrific night out at Revival. The cocktails are perfectly mixed, the food is terrific (LOVED the bresaola this visit), and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly CreativeYypoVIPDined on 9/20/2014Innovative cuisine, although too much emphasis on red-meat products. Kale and tomato salads were different in a very refreshing and rewarding way. Duck main dish was exceptionally well done.
- Par ExcellanceCapitalistVIPDined on 9/18/2014the food was to die for; the waiter was very pleasant, knowledgeable and friendly; the only negative, and it's a big one, is the Berkeley homeless outside the window; to avoid looking at them, ask for inner seating; the restaurant should be able to do something with the city to move these folks away from the window side of the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.