Reverie - Chicago
414 N Orleans St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Reverie - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reveriechicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 467-4141
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Thursday: 11am-11pm
Friday: 11am- 2am
Saturday: 10am- 3am
Sunday: 10am- 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Rodelio Aglibot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Reverie - Chicago
Born from an impractical idea that sports and great food can exist under one roof. No, we’re not just a bar. No, we’re not just a restaurant. Reverie is both. Built on the principle that good company and great service can slow down your day, even if only for a few hours. Different days call for different remedies, different dreams. Seal the business deal over lunch, catch up with your friends over dinner and cocktails, or melt away the week in our upstairs lounge. This is our daydream; what’s yours?Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Reverie - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (21)great for lunch (15)late-night find (12)great for brunch (10)special occasion (9)notable wine list (6)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- MallratMallratDined on 11/19/2014We had five people from work go to lunch on a weekday. It was not crowded, we got seated right away by a very nice hostess. The service was very slow -- long time to place the order, long time to get food, and long time to get our check. 90 minutes for lunch - not good.
- Reverie is high end restaurant/bar with sportsBillDined on 11/16/2014The environment at Reverie is a happening bar/restaurant the really has some components of a sports bar. The food options is wide from sushi to burgers and all items on the menu are described as being produces with a top chef in the kitchen. Went to Reverie after the Bears game with my wife and another couple, the service was outstanding, food was delicious and the environment is one we want to check out for the evening crowd. Definetely returning to Reverie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Place DowntownsusanDined on 11/8/2014Loved the turkey burger. Service was decent, very friendlySpecial Features:
- Great choicesGouleyantDined on 11/7/2014Reverie has a good menu with plenty of healthy choices, prepared and presented with care. The vegetable preparations and the sushi, in particular, look really good. I had the burger, which was done to my satisfaction. The sauce, however, was too sweet, cloying the rest of the sandwich. The beer selection was very good. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014Some of the items were good and some were just alright. Good service and good variety of foods and drinks.Special Features:
- Huffin' & Puffin' Doin' Nuthin'MediaEyesVIPDined on 11/1/2014Deafening sound almost drowned out the sloppy service. Overpriced drinks, mediocre small plates, unambitious shushi rolls. This is really just a big TV sports bar..pretending to be a restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food. Great serviceTexasTrojanVIPDined on 10/18/2014Found restaurant on open table and boy did it deliver. Great sushi rolls, vibrant bar scene, and excellent service. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchAileenVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went here with 7 people after my daughter ran the marathon. It was delicious. Very different menu. Also, they offered $10 bottle of champagne with fresh oj for mimosas and peach puree for bellinis. Best deal in town. We had so much fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Addition 2 the NeighborhoodLyloVIPDined on 10/11/2014We couldn't have been more delighted. This may be a sports bar/restaurant but the service was impeccable, well-informed, professional and friendly. The menu has options from bar appetizers to impressive entrees like Chilean Sea Bass ; with everything from sushi rolls, burgers, lobster sliders, and yummy salads in-between. The food was excellent. We loved the sliders, harvest salad and spinach-artichoke in a bread box appetizer. Our waitress Elle was so helpful, attentive, and knowledgable about the menu items and wine selection. We felt welcomed and well cared for by everyone from host to busboys. We warmly welcome Reverie to our neighborhood, we plan to be regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceMikeAandBennysDined on 10/5/2014Valet parking was not obvious (you definitely want to valet $11) and used street metered parking (thanks for ticket for 6 min over City of Chicago)but other than that this was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014Great place and great atmosphere! Definitely recommend this spot! Such a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUnBMACTVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great food, really nice place, great to watch a game, good serviceSpecial Features:
- GREAT NEW SPOT!!JaRockDined on 9/20/2014Awesome food from The Food Buddha! Great new River North spot that will become your fav in a hurry. Kale & Brussels Sprout salad can't be missed and don't for get the Love Handles for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a bit over pricedLocalNeighborDined on 9/19/2014Drinks were a bit overpriced for the size they were served in. The food was excellent!Special Features:
- Great girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014I took a friend out who recently had a baby for a mama's night out. We had a fantastic time and sampled many of the craft cocktails and some of the appetizer/small plates and rolls. The food was fantastic and our server, Lauren, was very attentive and personable. Reverie is a beautiful space and a great spot to enjoy a girls night out that I plan to frequent with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceGoldCoasterDined on 9/10/2014I stopped in for lunch with a colleague and we both ordered the scallop special which was fantastic. The portion looked small but it was very filling and every bit was delicious. We were in and out within the hour without feeling rushed. I would definitely come back to try some of their other menu items.Special Features:
- Superb Ahi TunaCindyVIPDined on 9/7/2014This was our first visit to Reverie. Everything we ordered was fantastic, from start to finish. The crispy brussel sprouts and kale was a real surprise. We enjoyed it so much, the chef sent us another order - no charge! We also shared the Ahi Tuna Pokstada." It was cut into four servings, but each of us would have been happy to order our own. For dinner, the Brass Monkey was a big hit. One person in our group was brave enough to order the eel dish, Crispy Rice 2.0, and loved it. The double patty burger was plenty for the men in our group. I enjoyed the Mushroom Melt - make sure you ask for avocado on yours - YUM! We split a warm bread pudding. Just enough for 6 people to get 2 tastes each. I recommend Reverie; request Scott.Special Features:
- Satisfactory ReviewHollyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Currently, I live around the corner and find myself eating at Reverie 2-3 times per week. It's great ambiance and terrific drinks! Highly recommend this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Plenty of TV screens to watch games.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drat...those darn televisions!HeatherWildeVIPDined on 9/4/2014Was hoping for good local "go to" spot. Turns out food is a little more clever than really great. And those televisions do little for atmosphere. Will return to try a few more things. But not optimistic on atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunch/lunchMKdiningVIPDined on 8/31/2014Excellent brunch experience with a group of 10. Great variety of food (eggs, salads, sandwiches, sushi) and very attentive staff. We closed out our tab but opened another because it was such a great experience. Will definitely be going back. Often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find!JTLancerDined on 8/13/2014Loved this restaurant! Cannot wait to go back. The brussels sprout and kale salad was unbelievable! Save room for the special strawberry ice cream dessert!Special Features:
- Great NEW place in River NorthMaryMoeVIPDined on 8/7/2014First time to Reverie and we loved it. We tried 7 different small plates...tongue twister, nacho fries, brussel sprout salad, mushroom melt sandwich, etc. All were excellent. Service was amazingly attentive, friendly, approachable. There is a good vibe in the restaurant. Loud enough, but you can still hear a conversation without needing to shout. Good music. Good IPA beers. The upper level looks amazing for drinks and people watching. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at a new hot spotfoodie392Dined on 8/2/2014I showed up with a group of friends for a reservation at 7pm on a Saturday night. It was pretty empty with a few people sitting at the bar and a few booths filled. It was a beautiful night so we were sat a booth by the open windows which was lovely. My friends and I had decided to have a slow, family style kind of dinner where we ordered a few dishes at a time and shared everything. After our first round of appetizers (Ahi Tuna Pokstada & Spinach and Artichoke Trip, both wonderful and perfect size to share between four people) other guests started to show up, and after another half an hour the place was pretty hoppin'. Our food came out quickly, the sushi was great (Brass Monkey definite favorite) and the ambiance and service were great!Special Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Reverie - Chicago reviews archive.