10 Little West 12th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.revelnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126455369
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Gualtiero Carosi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Sarah 2126455369
A word from Revel
Formerly known as the No Name Bar, Revel has transformed and is known throughout the city as the restaurant/bar/lounge with the most beautiful garden space in the Meatpacking District. With a retractable roof and three dining areas, Revel serves up its Italian-Mediterranean cuisine to a loyal clientele where newcomers are welcomed throughout the year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Revel reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (29)good for groups (19)great for brunch (18)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (9)special occasion (9)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DinneradventuresDined on 9/16/2014The garden was absolutely beautiful! Our good was goodand our server was GREAT. Unfortunately the hostess was cold and careless and there was an event going on so we were sitting down staring at a bunch of backsides while a "magician" with a dirty mouth amused the crowd, making our romantic dinner a less so. Thankfully we were able to move to a more private table and the service saved the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014West Village (meat packing) staple. Always great. Perfect place to roll into for a great sunday brunch after a raucous saturday and/or friday evening(s). ;)Special Features:
- Needs some work.Food4UrSoulDined on 9/13/2014Was looking for outdoor/garden dining the the Meatpacking Distrcit & Revel's pictures looks beautiful. Their garden with retractable roof is beautiful. What a neat looking place - bar was large - had good music playing but was empty. I think they need to decide what they want to be. With the large bar & loud music it could be a fun night spot - but the garden screams romance. So it wasn't very romantic with the loud music. Wine list was nothing special except it was pricey. Food was nothing special either. Tasted more processed than freshly prepared. We were a party of 6 so 20% tip was automatically, otherwise service certainly didn't warrant that. Waitress was unfriendly & cold. Bathrooms were coed = dirty.Special Features:
- Awesome brunch spotMannajoiDined on 9/7/2014Have been here as a group and with one other person. Great, energetic service, excellent food, beautiful atmosphere, BEST bellini's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent brunch spotLadydiVIPDined on 8/31/2014We always love the omlettess and brunch menu. Fun atmosphere and great garden room when weather is nice.Special Features:
- Beautiful Garden, Good FoodElfieldsDined on 8/29/2014The atmosphere is spectacular, the food is very good. There are a lot of negative food review of Yelp for this place, but in my experience, they're unfounded. The food was simple, but flavorful. Not doused in sauces or spices, but still different and exciting. The app and entrees (while a tiny bit pricey) were all fresh, quality and delicious. The garden was absolutely beautiful - you feel like you're not in New York anymore. I highly recommend Revel for a birthday or a night with friends for apps. I will say, for our party of 4, the bill was $300 with a couple apps and a drink a piece, so be prepared to spend, but if you're going to, this is one of the places to do it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014food was very good, service poor (disappeared with my credit card for 15 min and only after asking twice they figured that the waiter still had assuming that i had left). then i wanted a copy of the check and the told me it wasnt possible anymore and i had to insist seriously to get one - mcdonalds is more customer friendly)Special Features:
- UnimpressedddgirlDined on 8/9/2014A group of girls and I went here for dinner this past Saturday and were slightly disappointed. I have been to Revel for drinks previously and the garden is beautiful but when we arrived no one really helped us. We had a reservation and waited around and had to remind the hostess that we were waiting to be seated a couple of times. When they did seat us we sat out front which was fine but the table was sticky, the waiter was slow and uninterested (he forgot silverware and by the time he came back with it half of us had cold food). He also forgot my friend's beer and by the time he brought it we had all finished our last drink. Really bummed about this experience, do not think i will go back.Special Features:
- eatsmartDined on 8/9/2014The service left alot to be desired. Our waitress was nice enough, however, I had to request to place a drink order, I had to request bread, they initially brought over someone else's food and my steak was not cooked correctly. When it came time to have coffee, 3 cups came out and the 4th later, asking again. By the way, the coffee came in 3 different style cups, as 2 were the same.Special Features:
- nice atmosphere; cool neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/29/2014but food quality & service poor, and tables/chairs (patio bistro tables) terrible.
- food & service: eh to disappointingwha22upDined on 7/27/2014Eating outside the garden was the only thing positive I'll say. Food was disappointing. Ordered steak & eggs for brunch. It didn't turn out as i requested: RARE but got steak WELL DONE aka DRY, almost like "sawing" the meat! $20 for this entree was definitely not worth it. Individual carafe of Bellini was another disappointment for $25. Champagne was flat & peach juice was watered down. Service: not good. Waiter just took our orders... did not come to our table to say how were doing, need anything or at least offered more coffee. It was not very busy. Waiter & my party of 7 knew gratuity will be included onto the bill.... I think he took the easy way out instead of being (more) professional.
- DisasterDoctorJ5Dined on 7/26/2014Waste of time and money. Service was horrendous and zero customer service! Other better choices out there!
- Great place!MissNYCDined on 7/26/2014Went to celebrate my friends birthday. Pleasantly surprised. Good good. Waiter was great. Kept out mimosas and bellinis flowing. Outdoor garden very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnhappyBorn2DineDined on 7/19/2014We were a party of 6 celebrating a friends birthday. Great atmosphere! Negative side...Our entrees did not come out at the same time which is never a good thing and on top of that my entree was cold. My last 2 dinning experiences at Revel were great, not one complaint! Hopefully they were just having a bad evening!!!!Special Features:
- Bread was very staleSallyDined on 7/16/2014How does a restaurant have the nerve to serve stale bread? Servers tried to please but are clueless.Special Features:
- Definitely Returning!epicure112Dined on 7/14/2014I made reservations at Revel for myself and four others on a Monday night to celebrate a birthday. When we arrived the restaurant was not too crowded or loud. Revel has a very cozy, but still a young, vibe with dim (but not too dark) lighting and the garden area is really beautiful and even has a retractable roof (perfect for an outdoor dining experience even when the weather does not cooperate)! All of the food we ordered was extremely delicious and perfectly cooked. All of the staff was very friendly--the owner is an absolute sweetheart and sent our entire table free drinks for the occasion. We will definitely be returning in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday brunch!northwesteastsouthDined on 7/12/2014Joe was a great server and we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Revel. I was only expecting a great place to have bottomless drinks, but the food was awesome, as well! I would definitely return back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy location, noisy, overpricedAsile2014Dined on 7/10/2014Made a reservation the day before asking for a table in the garden. Once there they said that no reservation was taken and I was not given a table in the garden. Food was decent, but far below expectations and reputation. For the price you pay you would expect something more. Service was okay but only because after we complained for a few things they tried to recoup somehow... The overall experience was okay. It's a typical NY cool restaurant in meatpacking, but for the food that was not that good. I am not sure I would go back there again.
- tsmajmVIPDined on 7/1/2014celebrated a bday here! A mistake! Had to request water, bread-guess they were new at this position. drinks came WITH the food! BDay boy got fish w/artichokes (he is a big fan of Artichokes)dinner came without-they simply said they didnt have them. chicken was sent back, burned on the edges raw in the middle. ordered espresso-they came back and said they dont have espresso. spoke to the mgr, he asked if sending a bottle of presecco to the table would make me feel better. i said he was missing the point about basic restaurant treatment. he said he took my chic off the bill (REALLY!) and then he said, so you dont want the presecco? we took it - it was too warm to drink! Thanks for ruining a b/day and being beyond understanding!
- Bathrooms need care.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Everything related to dinner was perfect. bathrooms need care.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceShefjVIPDined on 6/28/2014Brought some friends here for boozy brunch this weekend and to watch the game. The service here continues to decline and the only time the waiter came to our table was to take our order. For the entire time we were there, we were catching the attention of busboys and other staff in order to replenish drinks, water or get condiments. On more than one occasion a waiter who wasn't ours asked us to ask our waiter instead of offering to get him or pass along the message. If our waiter came to our table to check in on us, we wouldn't have that issue now would we. Food and drinks were great as usual, just don't go here if you have a time limit and can be flexible on quality of service.Special Features:
- Nice for a Saturday Dinner OutDanielleDined on 6/21/2014We got there 20 minutes early but they still didn't have a table for 2 available in the garden 20 minutes after our reservation. If you don't want to sit in the garden there's a room to the side where you can be sat and it was only halfway full. We sat in that room. The service was so so. The waiter had a lot of tables to cover and we had to flag down a busboy and ask him to get the waiter to come take our order. I ordered the lamb and really enjoyed it. It was cooked perfectly and the sauces that came with it were delicious. However, I took another star off for service because we ordered a bottle of white wine and after pouring it the waiter placed it on the table with no ice bucket or anything, on the first day of summer...Special Features:
- The following 468 reviews are from the Revel reviews archive.
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Restaurant came highly recommended. While we had a great time and the service was very good, the food was just so so. Could have had the same menu at almost any other restaurant.Special Features:
- barbaraDined on 6/19/2014We were not informed that they were watching soccer on several television around the restaurant..how good could the food be.
- Cute little Garden not the foodAvNYfoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Love the ambience, cute little garden, fun to go with a big group but don't expect magic in your food!Special Features:
- AnonymousDined on 6/13/2014My boyfriend and I enjoyed dinner at Revel on a Friday, around 8 PM. The hostess was not particularly friendly, and took a long time to seat us, and check the couple behind us in. The gentlemen who greeted our table, and poured us water, we're lovely. Our server however was not friendly, and seemed generally agitated. The food was outstanding. We ordered the spaghetti and clams, and the penne a la vodka with shrimp. Our cocktails were also delicious, though they did take about 15 minutes to hit the table. I am a server as well, and understand how hectic the hospitality industry is, especially on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Overall, we enjoyed Revel and would dine there again, but in hopes of having friendlier, more efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gorgeousllk1021VIPDined on 6/10/2014Gorgeous little piece of new New York. We were seated right on schedule, food was great, ambiance is ridiculously special. Our only complaint is that after we were served, our waiter seemed to have forgotten about us. We had to wave like mad women to get his attention. No idea whether he was over-burdened with tables or had just gotten bored with our table. Who knows. But service be damned.....the place is so pretty, we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Better OptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014The food was good, but the service left a LOT TO BE Desired. The Hostess was in over her head for a Saturday night 8 PM. Was not responsive and directed us to a table which could not accommodiate our party. Much better options for dinner. The bar was also good. Next time a drink there and then STK or the other multiple options in the district.
- perfect ambiancedjsrDined on 6/7/2014Wow, walking in and sitting is a beautiful experience, the bar was great and the music right, perfect lighting and friendly service. It made a perfect setting for an intimate dinner for our patents anniversary. I couldn't help but find the bat an appealing place to sit, our hover, and it seems the locals agree. I didn't get as excited about the menu, though I won't knock the pasta. The house made gnocchi with pesto sauce was delicious, my boyfriend had the Cornish hen, super tender and flavorful. Not much selection and very pricey for what I felt we got, a great experience overall. I would actually go back for lunch or the bar.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 6/6/2014Too crowded, tables tii close together. But good for groups. Food is just ok. Both the cesar and artichoke salads weren't good, I couldn't even chew the artichoke. The bar is good if you just go for drinks. Pretty flower wall, nice to look at but I m not going backSpecial Features:
- Good for Boozy Brunch!Loves2eatVIPDined on 5/31/2014I've been there several times for brunch. $40 all you can drink champagne drinks and 1 entree of your choice. Price is great considering you are in the Meat Packing District. Food is decent. Outdoor seating available (Garden Room, has retractable roof so you can enjoy rain or shine).Special Features:
- Garden table lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/20147pm Friday night, busy at the bar but restaurant quiet. Noise level higher when jazz music started later. Food average. Service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible Service and foodCampbellVIPDined on 5/24/2014Always good here with great service. The Pork Chops are the best on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic SceneHamptonsHoneyDined on 5/24/2014Great hot spot restaurant with a vibrant and energetic atmosphere. The food was excellent but our waiter was a little slow. Great spot for a bit if you're in the meatpacking district!Special Features:
- Fab foodAFNYDined on 5/23/2014Great food, atmosphere and location! Highly recommend this restaurant for date nightSpecial Features:
- Under GlassRobbiVIPDined on 5/23/2014Great space with glass ceiling. Bartender is excellent. I had a drink called Love is a many splendid thing (mango). Bronzino with cauliflower was delicious. Lamb chops were superb. Salad, grilled octopus were great too. Go here! It is a fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food / Bottomless BrunchChelseaGrlVIPDined on 5/17/2014The Bottomless Brunch option is great. The food is fresh and tasty. Great location and vibe however the service is slow, the drinks are warm and the scene is very young. Be sure to wear a lot of make up and your nine inch heels and you'll blend right in. I personally don't mind the atmosphere or the heels but if you want to wear last nights makeup and your favorite TOMs you might want to rethink going to brunch here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindRevelDined on 5/15/2014Everything from the moment you walk you are kindly greeted and taken to your seat. The staff were very knowledgeable and helped with wine selection and recommendations of appetizers and entrees. We had a fantastic evening a d every element of fine dining was achieved and enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible in every wayCityGirl104Dined on 5/6/2014I had high hopes for this restaurant as it was a quiet Tuesday night. It was not crowded, and not a lot of noise, so that was a plus. The waiter didn't take our drink order for at least 10 minutes. He took the dinner order immediately after delivering the drinks, but it was 45 minutes until we received the entrees, which was shocking because there were only about 3 other tables with customers. The whole wheat pasta that I ordered was inedible, as was my friend's pasta. Overcooked and drowning in olive oil. NEVER AGAIN.Special Features:
- Bottomless brunchPC2014Dined on 4/27/2014Had great fun Waitress very accommodating Beautiful backyardSpecial Features: