238 Abbott Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2K8Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.revelroom.ca/
- Phone: 6046874088x
- Hours of Operation:
DInner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 5:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Southern
- Executive Chef: Todd Boyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Split level lounge featuring main and mezzanine floor. Mezzanine seats up to 45 guests for dinner service or up to 55 guests for cocktail style mingling events. Mezzanine or full room buyouts available.
- Private Party Contact: Genni Hennessy 6046874088x
- Entertainment: Live music 4 nights a week - Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays. 7-10pm (except Thursday late show 8:30-late). No cover.
A word from Revel Room
Revel Room opened our doors in 2008 with the goal of bringing a little bit of Southern hospitality to Vancouver's funkiest neighbourhood in Gastown. Our menu showcases the flavours of the South from New Mexico to New Orleans. Menu highlights include Bayou gumbo, shrimp jambalaya, and buttermilk fried chicken. Extensive hand crafted cocktail list focusing on spirit forward and bourbon cocktails. Kitchen open late night until 12:30 Mon thru Thurs and 1:30 Fri and Sat. Featuring live blues, jazz and rockabilly every Sunday and Wednesday. Come Revel with us and enjoy cocktails, dining, and music in one of Gastown's most eclectic rooms. Fresh baked cookies every evening at last call.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Revel Room reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Food was good tasting...RtisoutDined on 7/18/2014But it was cold :( There was a few big group tables to serve, so maybe that's why. It seemed like it took foreverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!!MrsjroDined on 7/6/2014As always, the owner Denis is warm & friendly, the service is awesome and the music is amazing. One of our favorite spots in Vancouver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool restaurantCarraVIPDined on 6/13/2014Really great looking restaurant, with fantastic vibe. The menu has lots of interesting things on it - devilled eggs as an appie! The drink menu was fun as well. It was quite busy, and possibly a bit understaffed. While our waitress was fine enough, she was very rushed, so she wasn't able to add much to the experience, and we waited quite a long time for the bill. Overall, it was good, and would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great cocktails, fun crowd & musicMissVVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food was "ok" - they could probably take some lessons from La Taqueria on their tacos...
- The following 8 reviews are from the Revel Room reviews archive.
- Welcome homeDornoDined on 5/11/2014This is a fabulous spot for service second to none! You are treated like a welcome guest in the proprietor's own home. Live music will get your toes tapping and any number of guests will be invited up to song/play. What a wonderful neighbourhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice restaurant with live musicTataDined on 3/30/2014Staffs are friendly. Foods and drinks are great. But the desert can be better. The band is also great. We enjoyed our dining at Revel Room. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live music and good foodAndreaDined on 3/30/2014The food and drinks are great, and the live music is fantastic. It's a bit dark, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sazeracs!MarkusDined on 3/5/2014One of the best places to eat in Gastown, with fantastic Southern flavours and outstanding mixologists. Thursday is your best bet if you want quiet - but why would you when you can go Sunday through Wednesday and hear some terrific live music. (The Revellers - on Wednesday nights - feature the Revel's owner, Dennis Brock, on vocals, sounding like a young Elvis or Carl Perkins.) The servers may look like hipsters, but they are definitely not slackers. The bartenders will mix you a mean Sazerac or Mint Julep - or one of their own signature drinks. The prices are reasonable, especially considering both how good the food is, and the portions are generous. You can easily get by with appies, but the mains are worth every cent. Great burgers, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating for Birthday PartiesMelboonesDined on 3/1/2014I had my husband's birthday dinner there Saturday night for 11 people. We were able to bring in our own cake without paying a plating fee. Appies are also very reasonable so I ordered 5 for the group just to get us started. My only complaint was that the service was a little slow as it was very busy and a couple of the orders got mixed up. However, staff was super friendly and the food was excellent, especially for the price. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for groupsWexterDined on 2/21/2014Booked reso the day before for 7 people on Friday, no problem. Sat right away. Restaurant was trendy. Got very busy and noisy on the main floor, not sure how upstairs was. Ordered blackened Ahi tacos, delish! Tried the drink roulette, great concept and was happy with how my drink turned out. Server was attentive, although appeared overwhelmed towards the end (area got very busy). Happy with overall experience, would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewskierDined on 1/3/2014It is our opinion food was a complete letdown, service was very good, and ambience was good as well. We are certain none of our friends that work in downtown would be interested in visiting an establishment such as this. thank youSpecial Features:
- disappointingsarla22Dined on 9/20/2013The food was good, the drinks were GREAT, but the service ruined it all. The hostess/floor manager was nice and warm enough but our server was rude and ineffective. There are so many choices of restaurants out there and in the future I will not be choosing this one.