Revel Kitchen & Bar
331 Hartz Ave
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Revel Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://revelkitchenandbar.com/
- Phone: 9252081758x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Curtis deCarion
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wine
A word from Revel Kitchen & Bar
From the owners of Esin Restaurant and Bar. Revel Kitchen & Bar is located in Historic Downtown Danville. Revel Kitchen & Bar is an uspcale, yet casual tavern offering local, sustainable & natural ingredients. Liquid refreshments feature Craft Beers on tap, Craft Cocktails and eclectic wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Revel Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Revel Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (138)neighborhood gem (127)vibrant bar scene (121)great for outdoor dining (107)hot spot (97)special occasion (63)good for groups (49)notable wine list (40)late-night find (31)romantic (19)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Go for the bar, otherwise passCaraVIPDined on 9/16/2014They have a great cocktail and bar menu. It's the kind of place that seems to focus on the drinks/bar and the sit-down service is secondary. Food was mixed (short ribs were great, but my salmon was seriously overpriced and fishy). The prices were a bit wonky, like desserts for $8.50 or fish and chips for $19.50? If you are looking to go for drinks with friends and get a few small plates, I would recommend Revel, but I'd pass if you're just looking for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Current 'in spot'JimJudyVIPDined on 9/16/2014Creative, delicious small plates that allow the individual flavors to be enjoyed. The desserts are fabulous with a wine pairing.Special Features:
- We love Revel!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2014Mondays are fried chicken night here and you will not find a better fried chicken anywhere. Crunchy and not oily, it comes with mashed potatoes and biscuit and is quite a plateful! Drinks are fabulous and there is an excellent selection of unique wines by the glass. The short rib melts in your mouth and is perfectly seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyBDined on 9/12/2014Came back after loving it before and was even better! New salmon dish with corn purée...WOW! So delicious. Others at table had duck, the pasta dish and chicken. Not a bad dish among them. Everyhing we ordered was off the charts amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014We had small plates- between us and shared all. The bruschetta was particularly delicious, as was the butterscotch dessert. Service excellent. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- All Small PlateaBernigilmanVIPDined on 9/9/2014Three friends tried a bunch of small plates. Every single one was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to BrianBarbaraDined on 9/8/2014I arrived early - was thirsty and hungry and wanted to get a jump on my guest. Brian was my waiter. He greeted me with a wonderful smile asked for my order, and within less than 5 minutes I had my cocktail and those fabulous deviled eggs. The Monday chicken special met expectations and then some, and the evening was really punctuated by Brian's quiet but very available service. Please let him know how pleased we were.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2014We are regulars at Revel, but this time we tried the ribs for the first time. They were perfectly amazing, though none of us cared for the sauce, but it really wasn't missed. The beet salad and spinach pararadelle were delightful as well.Special Features:
- winendine42VIPDined on 9/5/2014Seems to be a happening place. Order a Grey Goose Martini however was not very good. Sent if back and the second one was better but not great. Did not think it was that hard to make that drink. The Service was good but not great. Liked the food a lot. Will try this place again to see if it improves. The mother ship Esin runs circles around this place.
- ServiceBWNLadiesVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had the best waiter. He made recommendations and was very attentive. The food was good but a little on the expensive side for the size of the portions. The battered Cod was excellent so moist and the batter so light and crisp. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2014We've dined here many times, and food is consistently very good. Service is great. Ambiance really nice inside or on patio. Great bar and draft beer selection. We'd like to see some better wine values.Special Features:
- FoodMaven47VIPDined on 9/1/2014Th food was all very good except for the pork belly sliders. Took one bitE and had to send them back. Ordered the ahi appetizer whixch was very goog.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!diningdanvilleDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I dined at Revel for a nice dinner out and were not disappointed. The food was innovative and delicious and the service wonderful! The restaurant was pretty full, but our waitress took great care of us. She even brought us a couple of different wines to taste as we were not sure what we wanted. It is a relaxed atmosphere and perfect for a fun night out. We enjoyed everything we tasted and went the small plates route so we could try different things without getting full. Love the fact they bring you still or sparkling water and leave the pitcher on the table, which is great on a hot day. They have inside or patio dining, so you can choose based on the weather. Reservations are recommended as this place is full!Special Features:
- Great serviceSMK5250VIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent and the entire experience was great due to our fantastic waitress, Darsha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always consistent & excellentmilena925Dined on 8/28/2014We had small plates for dinner and shared - the bruschetta is excellent, shrimp and grits were very good, little on the saltier side, but not much; meatballs vere soft and delicate, very good; hummus and the mussells were tasty as well. The staff is very friendly and always attentive. Will be back!Special Features:
- REVEL IS SO GOOD!bear2dineDined on 8/26/2014WE LOVE IT. DOWNTOWN DANVILLE REALLY NEEDED A FUN HOT SPOT WITH REALLY GOOD FOOD. GREAT BAR AND DECENT WINE. LOVE THE KALE SALAD, AHI TARTARE IS SO DELICIOUS AND THE MEATBALLS ARE TO DIE FOR! MY ONLY WISH WOULD BE THAT ESIN WOULD BRING OVER HER OUT OF THIS WORLD LEMON MERINGUE TART...AND IM TALKING THE FULL WEDGE SERVING. ENJOY!Special Features:
- Not. No. Don't.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014An irritating experience. We had an early dinner reservation to fit a movie, but Revel kept us for 2:45. The waiter lacked follow-through, disappearing for as long as 30 minutes during the meal. He informed us he had "a birthday and two anniversaries" to take care of. Meanwhile, teams of hipster employees rushed around the modest restaurant. It's disconcerting to see so many straggly beards hovering over diner's meals. The news that the bar lacked the ingredients for my wife's specialty cocktail took 15 minutes to arrive. The octopus appetizer smelled of scorch and age and tasted of salt. Mary's Natural Chicken dinner took 60 minutes to prepare and was a war between bacon and lemon in which the chicken was a hostage. Bad experience.Special Features:
- Yummy small platesTerriDined on 8/20/2014We dined at Revel on a Wednesday night and it was pretty hoppin'. There were 5 of us ladies, and we shared: Fries with aioli, meatballs (amazing), bruschetta with burrata (wow), shrimp & grits (so good), and the kale salad (great balance). The atmosphere was lively and the service was attentive. Will definitely go back and try the larger plates.Special Features:
- Revel food just okay.daisyDined on 8/19/2014Foodwise, Revel doesn't offer anything special. The main attraction seems to be the bar and the food is secondary. We didn't sit at the bar, but it looked like it was busy and everyone was enjoying themselves.
- First time dinerJennDDined on 8/18/2014Tried the new local hot spot and was impressed. Reservations were held and we didn't have to wait at all. Good service and nice size menu with multiple options for all. We were there with a group of 4 for a birthday party and while the restaurant is lively, we could still hear conversation. As former San Franciscans, this spot made us feel like we were back in the city for a night but still in the comforts of Danville.Special Features:
- DisappointingfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Esin has been a favorite of ours in Danville, so we were really looking forward to trying Revel, which we understood to be by the same owners. The clams we ordered were not particularly fresh and a touch overcooked. The shrimp and grits were good. However, the other things we ordered were really not memorable. The ambiance is nice and the outdoor seating lovely on a nice evening. Service was good. However, prices were high for so-so, average dishes. Overall, our visit to Revel was disappointing.Special Features:
- ExcellentBearDined on 8/15/2014Always terrific food and excellent service. The front porch is a big bonus. We are extremely fond of both of Esin's restaurants. Her name sake restaurant and this new one Revel. The latter has not been open but a few months and we have managed to go there three times and to Esin once. We appreciate there being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- even better than our first timeAcedVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had the rabbit and the hummus for the second time and it was even better than our first time. We look forward to eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impression positivePHcoupleVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went for a birthday celebration dinner with family. Fun, friendly service, creative menu and wine selections, tasty and excellently prepared. We'll be going back here.Special Features:
- Great first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Went with a friend early on Friday night. Were seated right away as we had an early reservation. We had lamb sliders, hummus and shrimp and grits. Enjoyed Moscow Mules, peach shrub and strawberry shrub. Ended the evening with butterscotch pudding and the chocolate mousse tart. Enjoyed everything we ate and drank. Food is excellent but slightly overpriced in my opinion. Not a place where you can go regularly because of price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 8/14/2014This is the second time I have been to Revel, the service and desserts are outstanding but I do not think the food is as good as Cafe Esin. The wine choices are great and I will continue to go there as the downtown location is a nice change. However, for a more special meal go to Cafe Esin.It is also much quieterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack Luster FoodOverhypedVIPDined on 8/14/2014Clam chowder was very watery and bland The cod fritters or cod tater tots were less desirable than they looked and the saffron dipping sauce with a marinara under the cod tater tots was like an oxymoron. The short ribs with polenta (cold) had hardly any sauce from the brace short ribs and the tasting was bland no seasoning. There was a fishy taste in my polenta it tasted like it was Day Old polenta. Ordering a drink at the bar takes forever. So this is the new place in Danville however if the quality of food stays the same it won't last long.Special Features:
- The new neighborhood gem!!AlbqDined on 8/13/2014We really enjoyed our new neighborhood restaurant. The ladies in our group sampled the small plates, while one other ordered a full meal. We enjoyed all the food!! Ordered dessert, too, and that was great!! The noise level just kept rising, however!! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five GuysSpikeMuffinVIPDined on 8/13/2014Our wives abandoned us so we decided to have dinner after golf. We've been here (and Esin) many times and keep coming back for more. Totally different vibe from the usual restaurants what with various size "plates", eclectic cuisine, wine on tap etc., and we were able to have a nice conversation, excellent dinner combined with no stress service. We're fans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jasmineVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was our first trip to Revel, we are long time Esin fans . The booth we sat in was in what seemed like a hall way zip ambience. We then waited over 15 minutes for a waitress to come and ask for our drink order. The food was up to Esin standards. The Moscow Mule I ordered was I don't know what - a copper cup filled with ice and little else. I would have sent it back but we didn't see our waitress again for quite a while I decided not to. The waitress when she did arrive was great I realized on the way out I noticed she had tables in the front and back patio I think we were a stray table, this is a management problem not a wait staff problem. We will be back but definitely won't sit in the hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Place in DanvilleAuntieAniDined on 8/11/2014Revel Restaurant is a real gem. It is in a space previously occupied by an English style pub, and it has been completely remodeled to create a fun, hip ambience by the owners of Esin restaurant, also in Danville. Small plates and mixed drinks are the specialties, but they have excellent entrees and wonderful desserts as well. The food overall was excellent. Service was very good; waiters and management were extremely knowledgeable about the food and were eager to please. We highly recommend Revel and suggest reservations. We dined there on a Monday evening and it was packed.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableHappyDinersDined on 8/9/2014The food was good, the wait staff excellent, and the atmosphere was lively. We will go back soon. We had both the small plates to share and the entrees, which we also shared. Everything we tasted we liked.Special Features:
- Another Nice Danville optionObieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Our first time here after hearing about it from a friend. The menu had a nice variety and plenty of choices for Paleo people. We split the spinach salad, which was excellent. The pumpkin seeds were a really nice touch. I had the skirt stake and hubby had the salmon. Both were excellent and the service we great too. We enjoyed eating on the front patio and the loved the complementary sparkling water. It was a little bit more expensive than Chows, the menu options a cut above, and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- A new favorite for us!EpicureanVIPDined on 8/7/2014Service was fantastic! For me, service ranks just as highly as the food. Both were great. Energetic and upbeat, the restaurant has a great vibe. It's become a new favorite for us!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/7/2014We love this place and eat here about once a week since they opened. However, this time we branched out to try the chopped salad and the chicken wings and were disappointed in both dishes. The wings were not very meaty, a little bit dry and sauce too tart with no flavor-and we love calabrian chilies. The chopped salad was tasting funky and I realized it was the picked pepperoncini flavor that was taking over the whole salad. I could not eat it but my husband was okay with it. I ordered the little gems, which are delicious to substitute. The butterscotch pudding is wonderful! We have had so many wonderful dishes here that we were surprised to have two not so good ones on this visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/5/2014Better than anticipated... will definitely recommend to others and go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/3/2014The service was impeccable and the food was fantastic. The baby octopus small plate and champagne battered fried oysters were delicious! I've never had better service. Our server was attentive and friendly offering great recommendations. Love it and have already recommended this place to several people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!TheStarLadyVIPDined on 8/2/2014My husband and his friends had dined here the previous week and loved the people watching. After all the hype, I was excited to snag a Saturday night reservation for ourselves and friends. What we disliked was the feeling of being in just another sports bar. Two large screen TV's blasted, it was really noisy. We liked the service and the sparkling water for no additional fee. The disappointment was the food. While the lamb sliders and the shrimp/grits dishes were good, the truffle fries were soggy and cold, the octopus small plate was terrible. Our friend sent her order back as it was so chewy it was inedible.The ahi tuna tartare was flavorless, the homemade chips were stale. Might have been an off night, but we aren't returning soon.Special Features:
- NoneDined on 8/2/2014I would have rated Revel as excellent overall but for the horrible and loud music. I would have walked out but my wife is an Esin fan. They did turn the volume down when I asked but it still was intrusive. I asked the waiter if HE liked the music. He said no but the bartenders do. Tell me.....whom is the music for? I will not return...the "music" ruined the dining experience for me.
- nice local venueLucyDined on 8/1/2014enjoyed our small plate selection of fried oysters, lamb slider for two and great craft beer from Coronado Brewing Co.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.