Revel Kitchen & Bar
331 Hartz Ave
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Revel Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://revelkitchenandbar.com/
- Phone: 9252081758x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Curtis deCarion
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: Join our email list locate at revelkitchenandbar.com to find out about upcoming events.
A word from Revel Kitchen & Bar
From the owners of Esin Restaurant and Bar. Revel Kitchen & Bar is located in Historic Downtown Danville. Revel Kitchen & Bar is an uspcale, yet casual tavern offering local, sustainable & natural ingredients. Liquid refreshments feature Craft Beers on tap, Craft Cocktails and eclectic wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Revel Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Revel Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (100)neighborhood gem (94)vibrant bar scene (86)great for outdoor dining (84)hot spot (73)special occasion (42)good for groups (39)notable wine list (34)late-night find (18)romantic (13)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Loved the small plateschowhoundDined on 10/15/2014My friend and I shared a delicious chopped salad, then shared 3 small plates which were excellent. And for dessert we shared a potted pumpkin cheese cake that was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menu and serviceEastBayCustomerVIPDined on 10/14/2014Excellent menu items; very good service and wait staff; great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed menuyumyum1Dined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed the experience but we felt the menu was a little disjointed, when trying to put a meal together. The food itself was just ok, not sure we would rush back. The outdoor patio seating was really nice though.Special Features:
- Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014We had a late reservation on a Friday night and sat in the patio area. The outside heat lamps kept us toasty, but I would bring a light jacket. Our service staff was great in recommending drinks and food. We had 5 appetizers all really good especially oysters, clams, and shrimp with grits. Although completely stuffed, we still opted for dessert, and the pumpkin cheesecake did not disappoint. We pretty much closed the place down, and they never asked us to leave or rushed us out. Great place for a night out with friends.Special Features:
- czippyVIPDined on 10/9/2014The food was tasty but was served cold. The menu is limiting for individuals with celiac disease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner25VIPDined on 10/9/2014My friend and I had diverse dishes both of which were excellent. The service was stand-out -- the right balance between attention and informative and not pushing us to move our meal along.Special Features:
- Fabulous placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Amazing food, energetic ambiance. A neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual ambiance, great servicefrankyDined on 10/8/2014We had 5:30 reservations which might account for our great service. We were never wanting for anything as a swarm of waiters and servers were around us to provide for our every need. The restaurant is decidedly less crowded than Esin, a sister restaurant also in Danville. The outdoor eating areas are in the front and the back. Since the front faces a busy street and the back faces an uninteresting parking lot, we opted for indoor seating. The menu is concise with equal number of small plates & larger plates. We managed to find several items we would order but opted for the duck and hanger steak. They were average but the earlier small plates of beet salad and shrimp were excellent. And, as with Esin, the desserts were to die for.Special Features:
- Great small plateslovetoeatout12Dined on 10/6/2014The small plates and desserts are the focus here. I ordered the special entree also, but it was not nearly as good as the small plates preceding it. Stick to those for the best variety and flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried chicken MondayLuv2eatDined on 10/6/2014Yummy!! Sat at the bar with a friend. Bartender was very nice & explained some of the cocktails to us to Help with r decision. My husband & I have been to the restaurant a few times& have enjoyed the food. Weekends can be very loud in the restaurant so if we brought a group I would prefer to sit outside. Great gem in Danville where u can cozy up to the bar & order some small plates.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014We have always enjoyed Esin for years, so we were excited to try Revel. We went for an early dinner on a warm Friday night so we could avoid the parking issues in downtown Danville. Service was attentive and professional. The patio quickly got busy and lively - good people watching. The menu didn't have many options for us. My husband is vegetarian, so the pasta dish was really his only entree option. It was ok, but not that impressive. I prefer to eat a light seafood or fish dish without much carbs, so I ordered the ahi tartare dish. It was fine, but I've had better. The wine pours seemed a little skimpy. The menu includes veal meatballs, so we won't be back because we don't like to support restaurants that chose to serve veal.Special Features:
- Smaller portions and outstandingLuvfoodDined on 9/30/2014This restaurant is as exceptional as their other restaurant Esin. The portions are smaller and the menu is different but the quality is outstanding. Curtis as chef is amazing and Esin with her deserts is fantastic as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delight in DanvilleAmeliaGraceDined on 9/26/2014Our party of four arrived early on a Friday night and glad of that because of rising noise level in main room around the open bar--we like to talk to one another. Down the hall might be better. Service was warm, friendly and informative from the greeter to our two servers who knew their food and wine and were helpful and not intrusive. We all loved the small plates we shared: devil eggs, bleu cheese/honey, meatballs, shrimp/grits; wings yummy. Desserts likewise--pumpkin cheesecake, butterscotch pudding. "Pick Your Pony" idea is a kick, had the Moscow Mule. We enjoyed the wines new to us suggested by server. We would return to try more food/wine/beer offerings on the outdoor dining on rear patio as porch seating is a bit traffic noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!minimegsDined on 9/24/2014My husband and I recently went for our anniversary, before that we had been with friends. The menu is great for sharing so you can try several of their unique dishes. Everything we've tried has need delicious! Also the staff is super friendly! Also don't forget to leave room for one of Esin's famous desserts! Make a reservation, this place is popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the bar, otherwise passCaraVIPDined on 9/16/2014They have a great cocktail and bar menu. It's the kind of place that seems to focus on the drinks/bar and the sit-down service is secondary. Food was mixed (short ribs were great, but my salmon was seriously overpriced and fishy). The prices were a bit wonky, like desserts for $8.50 or fish and chips for $19.50? If you are looking to go for drinks with friends and get a few small plates, I would recommend Revel, but I'd pass if you're just looking for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Current 'in spot'JimJudyVIPDined on 9/16/2014Creative, delicious small plates that allow the individual flavors to be enjoyed. The desserts are fabulous with a wine pairing.Special Features:
- We love Revel!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2014Mondays are fried chicken night here and you will not find a better fried chicken anywhere. Crunchy and not oily, it comes with mashed potatoes and biscuit and is quite a plateful! Drinks are fabulous and there is an excellent selection of unique wines by the glass. The short rib melts in your mouth and is perfectly seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyBDined on 9/12/2014Came back after loving it before and was even better! New salmon dish with corn purée...WOW! So delicious. Others at table had duck, the pasta dish and chicken. Not a bad dish among them. Everyhing we ordered was off the charts amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014We had small plates- between us and shared all. The bruschetta was particularly delicious, as was the butterscotch dessert. Service excellent. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- All Small PlateaBernigilmanVIPDined on 9/9/2014Three friends tried a bunch of small plates. Every single one was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to BrianBarbaraDined on 9/8/2014I arrived early - was thirsty and hungry and wanted to get a jump on my guest. Brian was my waiter. He greeted me with a wonderful smile asked for my order, and within less than 5 minutes I had my cocktail and those fabulous deviled eggs. The Monday chicken special met expectations and then some, and the evening was really punctuated by Brian's quiet but very available service. Please let him know how pleased we were.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2014We are regulars at Revel, but this time we tried the ribs for the first time. They were perfectly amazing, though none of us cared for the sauce, but it really wasn't missed. The beet salad and spinach pararadelle were delightful as well.Special Features:
- winendine42VIPDined on 9/5/2014Seems to be a happening place. Order a Grey Goose Martini however was not very good. Sent if back and the second one was better but not great. Did not think it was that hard to make that drink. The Service was good but not great. Liked the food a lot. Will try this place again to see if it improves. The mother ship Esin runs circles around this place.
- ServiceBWNLadiesVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had the best waiter. He made recommendations and was very attentive. The food was good but a little on the expensive side for the size of the portions. The battered Cod was excellent so moist and the batter so light and crisp. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2014We've dined here many times, and food is consistently very good. Service is great. Ambiance really nice inside or on patio. Great bar and draft beer selection. We'd like to see some better wine values.Special Features:
- FoodMaven47VIPDined on 9/1/2014Th food was all very good except for the pork belly sliders. Took one bitE and had to send them back. Ordered the ahi appetizer whixch was very goog.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!diningdanvilleDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I dined at Revel for a nice dinner out and were not disappointed. The food was innovative and delicious and the service wonderful! The restaurant was pretty full, but our waitress took great care of us. She even brought us a couple of different wines to taste as we were not sure what we wanted. It is a relaxed atmosphere and perfect for a fun night out. We enjoyed everything we tasted and went the small plates route so we could try different things without getting full. Love the fact they bring you still or sparkling water and leave the pitcher on the table, which is great on a hot day. They have inside or patio dining, so you can choose based on the weather. Reservations are recommended as this place is full!Special Features:
- Great serviceSMK5250VIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent and the entire experience was great due to our fantastic waitress, Darsha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always consistent & excellentmilena925Dined on 8/28/2014We had small plates for dinner and shared - the bruschetta is excellent, shrimp and grits were very good, little on the saltier side, but not much; meatballs vere soft and delicate, very good; hummus and the mussells were tasty as well. The staff is very friendly and always attentive. Will be back!Special Features:
- REVEL IS SO GOOD!bear2dineDined on 8/26/2014WE LOVE IT. DOWNTOWN DANVILLE REALLY NEEDED A FUN HOT SPOT WITH REALLY GOOD FOOD. GREAT BAR AND DECENT WINE. LOVE THE KALE SALAD, AHI TARTARE IS SO DELICIOUS AND THE MEATBALLS ARE TO DIE FOR! MY ONLY WISH WOULD BE THAT ESIN WOULD BRING OVER HER OUT OF THIS WORLD LEMON MERINGUE TART...AND IM TALKING THE FULL WEDGE SERVING. ENJOY!Special Features:
- Not. No. Don't.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014An irritating experience. We had an early dinner reservation to fit a movie, but Revel kept us for 2:45. The waiter lacked follow-through, disappearing for as long as 30 minutes during the meal. He informed us he had "a birthday and two anniversaries" to take care of. Meanwhile, teams of hipster employees rushed around the modest restaurant. It's disconcerting to see so many straggly beards hovering over diner's meals. The news that the bar lacked the ingredients for my wife's specialty cocktail took 15 minutes to arrive. The octopus appetizer smelled of scorch and age and tasted of salt. Mary's Natural Chicken dinner took 60 minutes to prepare and was a war between bacon and lemon in which the chicken was a hostage. Bad experience.Special Features:
- Yummy small platesTerriDined on 8/20/2014We dined at Revel on a Wednesday night and it was pretty hoppin'. There were 5 of us ladies, and we shared: Fries with aioli, meatballs (amazing), bruschetta with burrata (wow), shrimp & grits (so good), and the kale salad (great balance). The atmosphere was lively and the service was attentive. Will definitely go back and try the larger plates.Special Features:
- Revel food just okay.daisyDined on 8/19/2014Foodwise, Revel doesn't offer anything special. The main attraction seems to be the bar and the food is secondary. We didn't sit at the bar, but it looked like it was busy and everyone was enjoying themselves.
- First time dinerJennDDined on 8/18/2014Tried the new local hot spot and was impressed. Reservations were held and we didn't have to wait at all. Good service and nice size menu with multiple options for all. We were there with a group of 4 for a birthday party and while the restaurant is lively, we could still hear conversation. As former San Franciscans, this spot made us feel like we were back in the city for a night but still in the comforts of Danville.Special Features:
- DisappointingfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Esin has been a favorite of ours in Danville, so we were really looking forward to trying Revel, which we understood to be by the same owners. The clams we ordered were not particularly fresh and a touch overcooked. The shrimp and grits were good. However, the other things we ordered were really not memorable. The ambiance is nice and the outdoor seating lovely on a nice evening. Service was good. However, prices were high for so-so, average dishes. Overall, our visit to Revel was disappointing.Special Features:
- ExcellentBearDined on 8/15/2014Always terrific food and excellent service. The front porch is a big bonus. We are extremely fond of both of Esin's restaurants. Her name sake restaurant and this new one Revel. The latter has not been open but a few months and we have managed to go there three times and to Esin once. We appreciate there being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- even better than our first timeAcedVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had the rabbit and the hummus for the second time and it was even better than our first time. We look forward to eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impression positivePHcoupleVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went for a birthday celebration dinner with family. Fun, friendly service, creative menu and wine selections, tasty and excellently prepared. We'll be going back here.Special Features:
- Great first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Went with a friend early on Friday night. Were seated right away as we had an early reservation. We had lamb sliders, hummus and shrimp and grits. Enjoyed Moscow Mules, peach shrub and strawberry shrub. Ended the evening with butterscotch pudding and the chocolate mousse tart. Enjoyed everything we ate and drank. Food is excellent but slightly overpriced in my opinion. Not a place where you can go regularly because of price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 8/14/2014This is the second time I have been to Revel, the service and desserts are outstanding but I do not think the food is as good as Cafe Esin. The wine choices are great and I will continue to go there as the downtown location is a nice change. However, for a more special meal go to Cafe Esin.It is also much quieterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.