568 Mountain Village Blvd
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelmadelinetelluride.com/nibble-nosh/restaurant-rev
- Phone: 9703698989x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Daily
Dinner: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Bud
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rev
Pull up a seat and sink your teeth into Colorado at its freshest at Rev, the AAA Four Diamond dining experience at Hotel Madeline in Telluride. Restaurant Rev presents an inviting and stylish setting for savoring contemporary American cuisine with a focus on fresh local and seasonal products - from Colorado beef and lamb to exceptional seafood, produce and cheeses. Rev emerges as Telluride’s definitive dining experience. "We're really focusing on quality, creativity, and amazing food" says Chef Bud, who calls his dining concept 'Farm-to-Table Colorado Chic Cuisine'.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rev reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- More miss than hitSandyandMikeDined on 7/5/2014Table was ready when we arrived, servers were very pleasant and attentive. The appetizers and ntrees listed on the menu looked very ineresting, the appetizer we ordered were very good. However, when ordering the entrees, the first two choices were not available, so one of us had to settle for their third choice. Worse yet, when served, they brought a sample tasting of what we couldnt have which just reinforced how bad the dish was we had to settle for. We were compensated only after complaiming to the server and manager,Special Features:
- BreakfastKateDined on 6/29/2014Our party of 6 had breakfast at Rev on Sunday morning, June 29, 2014. All were delighted with their choices and I was especially happy when I discovered that my Denver omelet was the very best I have ever had!! The restaurant is beautiful. Will certainly be back again and again!Special Features:
- Exceptional dinning2travelersDined on 6/26/2014Do not miss dinning here. Chef Thomas create original, delicious recipes. The presentation was exceptional.Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the Rev reviews archive.
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2014Great food, the best dessert ever! Waiter was perfect. Good advice on selections and great on conversation. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great Find in TellurideGastroNerdDined on 3/15/2014All the OT reviews I read prior to our arrival were right. Nice place with great food and service. Wide variety of items that met our wide variances in appetite. This is a place you can ski hard all day and then enjoy the reward of a great meal at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall goodmrtjtDined on 3/11/2014overall a good restaurant, but nothing to get excited about...Special Features:
- Not well known but perhapsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Not well known but perhaps the best resturant in Telluride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!BigDDined on 3/4/2014This is an amazingly excellent restaurant. Very creative chef, Bud Thomas, out does himself with fantastic and creative choices along with a warm personality. His personal visits to tables and willingness to discuss his recipes is a great touch! Don't miss the fried brussel sprouts, the butternut squash soup with homemade marshmallow or the soft shell crab. Prices here are not inexpensive, but reasonable for the quality of the food. We celebrated a special occasion with a nice bottle of champagne and a fabulous dinner. I don't think there is a better restaurant in Telluride, so don't miss a visit to see for yourself! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice option in Mountain VillageEdwardVIPDined on 3/1/2014This was our first time to go to Rev. This particular night there were a lot of large groups making the restaurant extremely loud. From previous reviews I understand this is not normally the case. The ambiance of the restaurant is fine - nothing special. The menu is very limited but the food was tasty. I enjoyed the elk strip loin and my wife liked the lobster pasta. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Bud came over to ourSeanKDined on 2/27/2014Chef Bud came over to our table to offer suggestions of his menu. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something Special ICABINSDined on 2/22/2014Rev offer an exceptional farm-to- table dining experience in an elegant, unhurried setting. The chef personally tneds to each table of diners to provide in-depth explanations of the night's offerings. In contrast to the crowded and noisy restaurants of Telluide, Rev provides a highly comfortable and intimate setting free of the nose and distractions of other popular restaurants. The food is as fine on an item-to-iteme basis as any we have experienced in the Telluride/Mountain Village area.Special Features:
- Fantastic!DeniseDined on 2/21/2014Loved the "build your own appetizer board." The Duck rillettes and the pate were excellent! The brussel sprouts are great. Lobster pasta was wonderful. Great ambiance, with table side chat with the chef.Special Features:
- Brussels Sprouts were unbelievableHUNGRYVIPDined on 2/18/2014Chef Bud, recommended the brussels sprouts and they were declicious. We have always enjoyed Rev but have been put off by the noise and sketchy service. The service was excellent for the first time, but as always the large round table was full of people who had obviously been enjoying their libations and became louder and louder through the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner, staff and ambianceLSWilliamsDined on 2/16/2014We were a group of 6, including 2 kids. The staff were accommodating to the kid's needs. The brussels sprouts appetizer was delicious as was the kale salad. I had the salmon entree which was nice too. The dining room is pretty with plenty of room between tables. We enjoyed talking with the staff and even the chef came out for a visit. Try it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014This is the best restaurant in Mountain Village, maybe in the Telluride regionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting modern food. VeryFrannyBDined on 1/18/2014Interesting modern food. Very helpful staff. Chef and pastry chef came to our table to discuss various dishes and ingredients. Moderately expensive. Our server, Blake, was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerKrystleDined on 1/9/2014My partner and I had a lovely dinner at Rev recently. The food was amazing, the service was fantastic, and we were even presented with a dessert on the house, which was the best carrot cake we have ever had. The entree's were out of our budget for the holiday, so we ordered a few appetisers which were very filling and were the perfect size for us. I would highly recommend this restaurant when visiting Telluride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef, Bud, comes out toRendyVIPDined on 1/4/2014The chef, Bud, comes out to greet the patrons with great big smile on his face. He suggests meals if you haven't ordered yet. Bud made a special plate for the vegetarian in our group. The food is outstanding! There is a somewhat limited menu which is understandable given the location. Rev did a remodel in December 2013, and took out the booths which gives the restaurant a much better feel. The wait staff, mostly from St Lawrence, is terrific. They appear to enjoy their job which translates to a friendly and attentive waiter. Call to get a table, you won't regret it!Special Features:
- Rev it up!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/2/2014One of the best meals ever! Chef Bud came out and talked to us, making sure everything was to our liking and talked about all the dishes we enjoyed. Every dish was excellent for our group of 6 and everyone got something different!! We had a vegan, gluten free daughter-in-law who was overjoyed, a vegetarian daughter who loved it and 2 meat eaters, my son and I, who were thrilled. Some of the dishes that were notable was the butternut squash soup with homemade marshmallow, buffalo ribs, elk, salmon, chicken, grilled brussels sprouts, and especially the homemade carrot cake with cream cheese ice cream and caramel swirls. Our waiter Blake was attentive, knowledgeable, and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many better placesDcvisaVIPDined on 12/31/2013Was there for NYE for a great dinner. What a disappointment! Service is so poor! I could never go back! For the prices the waiter should be pleasent and attentive!! Don't be fooled by some of the reviews from friends of the managment.Special Features:
- The Rev an Underappreciated GemCTHallDined on 12/30/2013The Rev Restaurant keeps getting better and better; the excellent service staff is only exceeded by the fantastic food of Chef Bud Thomas. A mirror of Telluride, I almost don't want to recommend it for fear that it will be overrun with those who would appreciate how special it is. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well below expectations...DurangoDinerDined on 12/26/2013Based on positive reviews posted on Trip Advisor, my wife and I elected to splurge at Rev (as it's quite expensive) for our big night out. What I should have done was taken more time to read the reviews on Trip Advisor as the majority of them were from Telluride diners, most likely friends of the owners. The service was average, at best, and the ambiance not at all what was expected. The dining room area itself was nothing special, and was quite loud. On top of that, our $47 lobster and short rib was a small portion and nothing special. We won't be coming back as there are many other restaurants in Telluride that offer a much better fine dining experience.
- Christmas to rememberCarmen80132Dined on 12/25/2013We went to Rev for Christmas dinner 2013. We enjoyed the entire experience. The hostess, waiter and wine manager were all very friendly, helpful and professional. I ordered the Salmon dinner and it was wonderful. Our table was next to the fireplace which was cozy and had a view of the ice rink and enjoyed watching skaters. We had reservations and that is necessary. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local farm to tableGreateatsDined on 9/28/2013Great local farm to table concept. The food was wonderful, the chef even stopped by during dessert to check on our satisfaction. Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when visiting TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/21/2013This is the one of the few outstanding foodie restaurants in Telluride. Natural ingredients, outstanding choices. Skip the rest and go straight here for a fabulous dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mountain Village restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2013Best Mountain Village restaurant. Limited menu with fresh ingredients and innovative food.Special Features:
- REV = best fine dining in TellurideCTHallDined on 9/11/2013The rebranded REV Restaurant in the Hotel Madeline was our best surprize of the fall season. The dinner that my wife and I had there rated as one of the best we have ever had in Telluride -- and that is saying something as on a per capita basis Telluride has some of the best dining to be found anywhere. (We have been going to and living seasonally in Telluride for the last 16 years). The entire staff was attentive, friendly and very proficient. The service was only exceeded by the cuisine. The REV has the entire package and is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food; great service.happycamperDined on 8/14/2013Marnie and Matt were the best front of house team and Chef Bud's food was terrific! Be sure to take advantage of the soft shell special if available!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rev was wonderful The foodtridedinnerVIPDined on 8/3/2013Rev was wonderful The food was great Chef Bud did an amazing job Our server Marnie was outstanding the ambiance was very nice I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you want a great fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem to be discovered.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013My wife and I had an exceptional dinner at the REV. The decor is warm and welcoming. The tables are spaced nicely so you have your privacy. The staff was professional and friendly. But the food is the biggest reason that we will come back. Every dish that we ordered was perfect. Really fresh high quality ingredients, beautifully prepared and artfully presented. The soft shell crab appetizer and the filet with shallots are a must!!! We now have a new favorite place for date night.Special Features:
- Just plain goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2013The menu is concentrated yet offers something for everyone. The Alsatian chicken is one of the best poultry dishes I've had. They are flexible, allowing my 15 year old to order from their sister restaurant menu which is less formal. Our waiter Matt was both professional and friendly and the chef came out to say hello. I'm amazed the place isn't packed nightly...perhaps it will be soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a nice evening. WaiterGreerDanDined on 2/14/2013Overall a nice evening. Waiter got several orders slightly off but food was good. Enjoyed the elegant decor as it is different from everything else in town.Special Features:
- Exceptional restaurant. CompletelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013Exceptional restaurant. Completely happy with the experience. Rev made dinner with the in-laws a truly pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- Delicious and creative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/23/2013Delicious and creative food with some unique dishes. Many gluten free options. The service is friendly and attentive. Decor is a refreshing change from the rustic mountain ambiance generally found in Telluride. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Expensive but good. It justOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013Expensive but good. It just was a little hard to justify given what we were served. House salad was very expensive and mediocre. I would not eat there again. If we spend that much, we want to be wowed.
- Nice mealKBarMVIPDined on 1/5/2013Food is good; not cheap but generally in line with Telluride prices. The wine list is nice and not exorbitantly marked up. Server knew the menu and service was quite good despite the fact they were a little short-handed. A few complaints--Truffle fries could have used more truffle and/or cheese, and risotto was well made but a small serving considering it was vegetarian, but overall a nice meal.
- A wonderful higher end diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012A wonderful higher end dining experience in the Telluride area.Special Features:
- One of the top resturarantsinJimmyVIPDined on 12/24/2012One of the top resturarantsin the Mountain Village and Telluride dinning sceneSpecial Features:
- A must for any foodie visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/21/2012A must for any foodie visiting Telluride. Most outstanding gourmet meal in the town.Special Features:
- Chef Bud hits top marks atOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/14/2012Chef Bud hits top marks at every level! Execution was excellent. Great team at Rev now makes it "the" place to go in Telluride/Mountain Village. With Patrick, Chef Bud and Diamond Dave at the bar, "Rev" is not to be missed. It may be IN a hotel (Hotel Madeline) but it's nothing like hotel food.Special Features: