The Leopard at des Artistes
1 West 67th St.
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
The Leopard at des Artistes
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theleopardnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127878767
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm,
Dinner Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vito Gnazzo
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Leopard Catering Department is highly personalized, and offer a full fine dining off-site service for business and private customers, many Italian establishments as well as American ones.
- Private Party Facilities: The Leopard event department caters to many, Italian and American, cultural and governmental institutions, art galleries, fashion establishments, as well as private patrons.
- Private Party Contact: Gianfranco Sorrentino 8886330963
A word from The Leopard at des Artistes
Located in the New York landmarked Hotel Des Artistes, and surrounded by the astonishing 1920s murals by Howard Chandler Christy, THE LEOPARD at des Artistes finds its roots in the area once known as “The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies” (mid 1800s) and in the culinary traditions of the regions of Campania, Basilicata, Calabria, Apulia, Sardinia, and of course Sicily, reaching a balance between dishes based on rural elements, such as pasta, vegetables, cheese, and seafood ingredients from the Costiera.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Leopard at des Artistes reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (115)special occasion (115)neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (90)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (31)great for lunch (25)good for groups (15)late-night find (12)scenic view (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The food was delicious and the service was incredible, from the maître d, to the waiter, to the bus boys and food runner. It was a very enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Unlike many restaurant week menus, there were three varied options for each of the courses, and though our table of 4 was not initially committed to the 3 course concept, we all ordered from the menu and thoroughly enjoyed our meal from beginning to end. The service was also impeccable: from the warm welcome when we arrived, to the wine tastings to assist in our selections, to the hand delivery of a forgotten item half way down the street.Special Features:
- Disappointing Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/30/2014We went for restaurant week dinner. The calamari was good, as was the creme brulee. The branzino was the best dish of the night, although a little small. However, everything else lacked flavor and felt like cruise-ship food. I realize it's restaurant week, and it was an incredible value compared with their regular prices. However most of our party ate only a portion of the meal. The service was impeccable and we wanted to like it, but really did not enjoy the food and will not be returning.Special Features:
- Best Neighborhood RestaurantlivinginnycDined on 7/29/2014Been there numerous times and have always had a wonderful time. Seating is best at the window, but overall, anywhere is fine. The menu is varied enough to please anyone. Service is outstanding, always there with water, bread, asking how things are, if you need anything and very friendly. Very interesting wine list. They started a Sunday, BYOB, and certainly makes for a fun evening. Anyone I have recommended this restaurant to has had a very positive experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful and great staff!hxm210Dined on 7/29/2014We went during Restaurant week and we were treated like VIP's. Staff was attentive, food was very tasteful and delicious plus they treated us with extra appetizers and biscotti 's for dessert. Servings were generous and fresh. I will look forward for future visits.Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCE!CiaoDined on 7/29/2014Had the octopus appetizer which was really tasty and refreshing, the homemade pasta with Lamb ragu, melts in your mouth and the panna cotta for desert was divine!! The waitstaff couldn't have been nicer and more helpful!Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/28/2014Another divine meal at The Leopard. The only reason we stopped eating occasionally was to tell anyone who got near us-- a manager, our waitress, busboys-- how fantastic the food was. OK, they already knew, but we had to celebrate it. If you go there during Restaurant Week be sure and begin with the artichoke alla Parmigiana-- heaven! so savory!-- then have the pasta, the agnolotti with truffles, and for dessert the torta caprese. They offer exemplary Italian wines and you can finish off a memorable evening with a grappa and espresso. Who could ask for anything more?Special Features:
- ihatenicknamesVIPDined on 7/27/2014Restaurant week gave me the opportunity to try this superb restaurant. I don't know what to praise first. Now that I've eaten here, I won't let the 4-$ in Open Table scare me away. I will be back. They have a pre-theater special dinner, which, if it is even "almost" as good as the restaurant-week dinner, it will be fabulous. And then there is Sunday evening free-corkage IF you order from the regular menu, which considering the generous portions, allows for shared dishes. I may make excuses to be in the area just to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!AnnaSDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I enjoyed our early after theater dinner very much. It's a beautiful place to dine in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/27/2014Wonderful brunch during NYC Restaurant Week. Thought they offered good selections to sample their menu and everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy classic chicaffameeDined on 7/26/2014We really enjoyed this relaxing, beautiful lunch. The "crepe" dessert was unique and delicious. A great find thanks to restaurant week.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014My boyfriend and I attended on a Friday night. I declined to check my bag because I had my work laptop and many checks in it. The hostess gave me major attitude. Our server seemed to be in a bad mood. I thought the food was mediocre. My boyfriend described it as good but not great. Will not be back.
- PricyAxelVIPDined on 7/25/2014Beautiful setting with painted murals and attentive, white gloved servers. Food very good and dessert portions generous. Just very expensive ... You don't need to spend so much in this town for a great meal.Special Features:
- JanthefanDined on 7/25/2014Went here before going to Lincoln Center. The staff was gracious and service excellent; we were not rushed. Beautiful presentation of food and food was delicious. Wine was reasonable. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world ambianceFabianDakotaDined on 7/24/2014Great location and the setting is very peaceful. Food was delicious and timely. Service was excellent and uPbeat. Would eat here again perhaps for brunch this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!AidenVIPDined on 7/24/2014My mom and I were 20 minutes early and asked the receptionist lady if we can be seated earlier because we needed to catch a train. She certainly made this happen which I greatly appreciated. The food was excellent and the bus boys and waiter were very kind. The chef even came out and said hello! After a stressful week, this is exactly what I needed. Most importantly, my mom loved everything about this place too.Special Features:
- Carmel2VIPDined on 7/24/2014B/B-.. Would definitely not spend the prices on the menu. Went only for restaurant week.Special Features:
- Bustling and goodLadyElzDined on 7/23/2014You'd never guess NYC was "empty" by the number of people at this restaurant on a thunder -storming weeknight in July. The food and service were excellent, and because we had a little wait for our table, the maître d' brought us a delicious dessert. Look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/23/2014Every aspect of dining at The Leopard was truly outstanding. Our friends, and my husband and I, are very much looking forward to returning. Thank you very much for a great experience. Sincerely, Ruthann ManasSpecial Features:
- DisappointedjerryfVIPDined on 7/22/2014Nice ambiance. Very good service. Went for restaurant week summer 2014. I loved the bread basket and olive oil. However, the food was just very ordinary. It was tasty, but nothing was prepared to maker say 'wow'. I was especially disappointed in the preparation of the Branzino. We didn't like the artichoke appetizer either. Won't be back. Btw, $19 for a glass of wine that goes for $10 a bottle?Special Features:
- great restaurant week dinneriluvfoodDined on 7/22/2014wonderful italian meal! superb agnolotti with summer truffles , my friend had the branzino and it was perfectly cooked , very generous portions for restaurant week service and the ambience was dreamy.. we will be back !Special Features:
- Excellent FoodNYDinerDined on 7/19/2014Food and service were outstanding and the only fault with this place is the overpriced wine list--e.g., $15. for a small pour of Rose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luigiDined on 7/13/2014The décor, atmosphere, and service are exquisite. The food involves modestly inventive takes on standards, but is carefully prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Good food, better service...2infinitas8Dined on 7/9/2014There is no shortage of Italian restaurants in NYC... but this place is pretty good! Good food, romantic ambiance, attentive service and excellent location are all highlights. Food: standard Italian fare, everything tasted fresh and has a few different dishes. Ambiance: romantic and laid-back with ample space and an interesting bar area. Service: very attentive yet gives you space and feels unrushed. Location: conveniently located near Central Park and also a few blocks from the Lincoln Center. Parking is a bit of a mission if you're driving in. Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:
- True Italian art!ksnyDined on 6/27/2014What a restaurant!!! From the moment that you walk in until the end, they really make you feel special!! We sat on the little mezzanine and it was great , but honestly all the tables are well positioned and spaced for nice and private conversation. Food? No joke! They don't play with presentation, just an amazing real Italian flavor!! The pasta was outstanding!! True Italian touch! Our server also was amazing! Smiling and always one step ahead! Great wine list with little jewels of Italy that you need to discover!! If you don't know a lot about wine, ask the sommelier & he will guide you all around those Italian wines with no problem. Really happy to see the old cafe' going to the right direction and we can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/26/2014Terrific food, beautiful setting, attentive and congenial service made for an excellent pre-Lincoln Center dining experience. Way less stuffy than its ancestor.Special Features:
- Keeping the murals alive.MaxheadroomVIPDined on 6/25/2014The sister restaurant to Il Gatapardo and even sharing some of the same staff..The Leopard is excitingly in all phases of the experience. Went before a 7:30 NY Philarmonic performance. Greeted by pleasant staff and a very personable waiter. Split a portion of carbonara and happy to see it was in the true Italian style and not infused with cream the way so many Americanized Italian " style" restaraunts offer. The egg provides the cream like texture...I had the veal Milanese ..pan grilled not fried and my wife had the Dover sole simply prepared with olive oil and herbs..by the way deboned table side in true artistic fashion. By the way the original murals from Cafe des Artists were preserved and make a great showing. Only steps away from LC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingcatgirlflVIPDined on 6/24/2014The restored frescos look even better next to white walls. The room feels much lighter and modern. Food was delicious but expensive. Good for special occaisions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperiencediscerningdinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. The service, the food, even the fact that no one has to sit facing an uninteresting wall - all are first rate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal in a quiet locationNYCfoodieDined on 6/16/2014Restaurant was beautiful with murals and tasteful decor. Italian waitstaff were very attentive. Food was amazing from the complimentary ricotta/rice balls to the salads and main courses. Presentation of the ribeye for 2, bone-in, prepared tableside was wonderful. Homemade profiteroles with vanilla gelato were a perfect finishing touch for the table to share.Special Features:
- RustyDined on 6/14/2014Wonderful Ambiance and Excellent Service. Tables tastefully presented, ample room between tables which allowed for conversation. Food very good, attractively served and appropriately hot or cold depending on what was ordered. Definitely worth a visit if you have never been and a return trip if you have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite LocalMelon73StDined on 6/13/2014This place is quickly becoming my favorite place in the neighborhood to walk to for a fine dinner. The food is excellent, the service attentive and the overall experience consistently good. And as a bonus, there's the byob Sundays, which is an excellent way to enjoy fantastic food with wine from your own collection or local store.Special Features:
- Near Lincoln CentersnoopsisterDined on 6/11/2014Tables are well spaced. Wait staff attentive and not cloying. Good food selections. Reservation time was honored.Special Features:
- Can't get away w/ Poor food in NYCLonelyLeopardDined on 6/7/2014For lunch the chicken salad has bones, fat and the skin still on the chicken amongst flimsy greens. The burger had a strange taste & was hard to chew in places & normal in others. The pasta pomidoro had no flavor and a waste to consume the calories.
- glad we went there!BobbieDined on 6/4/2014We decided to go last minute, since we were going to Lincoln Center. So happy we did. Beautiful place, excellent food and great service! They got us out in more than enough time for our show, too.I'd go back in a heart beat!Special Features:
- NYDinerDined on 6/4/2014The old Café des Artistes has been updated and the ambiance has been tweaked to a more modern vibe. The Christie murals are still a gem. We found the food refined and well-executed. The swordfish in particular was memorable. The gracious service from first arrival to solicitous wait staff was outstanding. This a place that you just don't like leaving and would like to linger. Recommended!Special Features:
- Charming ambience - Elegant serviceFineDined on 5/31/2014The Leopard provides a delightful venue and exceptional service. The waitstaff is exceedingly attentive without being intrusive, and very knowledgeable about the food and wine. The menu, with original variants of some well-known Italian dishes, provides a slightly uneven dining experience. The bread, salads and appetizers were excellent; entrees and desserts were somewhat less successful. The meatloaf, ordered out of curiosity, was stated by the waiter to be their "special signature dish". In fact, it really was like most meatloaf, no better or worse. We had a relaxed, very enjoyable dinner, but if the ambiance and service hadn't been so exceptional, we would have considered the dinner somewhat overpriced and less than memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot near Lincoln CenterBryanYVIPDined on 5/30/2014Swordfish was amazing. Service was excellent. Great spot to go before or after seeing a performance at Lincoln Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 5/29/2014Looks like the old Cafe des Artistes but with a more diverse crowd. Food was good although very traditional.
- Wonderful dinnerRobertVIPDined on 5/27/2014Food was delicious and service was perfect. Very comfortable-- and, oh, those murals!Special Features: