The Leopard at des Artistes
1 West 67th St.
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
The Leopard at des Artistes
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theleopardnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127878767
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm,
Dinner Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vito Gnazzo
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Leopard Catering Department is highly personalized, and offer a full fine dining off-site service for business and private customers, many Italian establishments as well as American ones.
- Private Party Facilities: The Leopard event department caters to many, Italian and American, cultural and governmental institutions, art galleries, fashion establishments, as well as private patrons.
- Private Party Contact: Gianfranco Sorrentino 8886330963
A word from The Leopard at des Artistes
Located in the New York landmarked Hotel Des Artistes, and surrounded by the astonishing 1920s murals by Howard Chandler Christy, THE LEOPARD at des Artistes finds its roots in the area once known as “The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies” (mid 1800s) and in the culinary traditions of the regions of Campania, Basilicata, Calabria, Apulia, Sardinia, and of course Sicily, reaching a balance between dishes based on rural elements, such as pasta, vegetables, cheese, and seafood ingredients from the Costiera.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Leopard at des Artistes reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (117)neighborhood gem (95)fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (39)great for brunch (30)great for lunch (24)good for groups (15)late-night find (13)scenic view (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- A special find!lagourmandeVIPDined on 1/21/2013We were so pleased to find this unique restaurant in our neighborhood; the service was excellent, the food was very delicious as well as full of flavor, and it is a gorgeous restaurant. We'll be back. Our dishes were the fennel/blood orange salad, the gnocchi with osso bucco ragu, the seafood stew, and the timbale appetizer, made with artichoke. We chose the simple gelato for dessert, and it did not disappoint. Grazie!Special Features:
- Magnificent Setting for a DrinkDevorahDined on 1/21/2013The Leopard at des Artistes has wonderful atmosphere created by beautiful hand painted murals. It is located in close proximity to Lincoln Center. I would recommend this restaurant for a drink. The cuisine, however, is not on the same level as the lovely setting of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013Wonderful food and service. The artwork is beautiful and the environment is calm and comfortable.Special Features:
- Went for restaurant week.FuzzDined on 1/20/2013Went for restaurant week. Had the cod fish salad - nothing exciting. Then had the meatloaf entree, which was plated like a TV dinner, and noticed the person next to me was given two pieces of meatloaf and i only got one, but i did not say anything to the server. Would not recommend as there are better restaurants in the area.
- This is a relatively new incarnatiomnbnycVIPDined on 1/20/2013This is a relatively new incarnation of this restaurant fondly remembered as cafe des Artistes. The ambiance and atmosphere of the former place has been largely recreated and the food and service are both of high standard. It is certainly not a budget restaurant and mostly for special occasions but well worth the bill. The menu is interesting and the wine list for a restaurant of this class has an affordable side. The restaurant can get a bit noisy but this is unfortunately so in many places and is often more because people seem to have lost the art of speaking in a normal level and have a need to shout at one another.Special Features:
- Went for Restaurant Week.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/20/2013Went for Restaurant Week. Food was poor except for a dessert. Embarrassed we took our friends. Really mediocre, even for the "reduced" Restaurant Week price. We went in Aug and it was very good. What happened???
- It's OK, but can't comparerk12345VIPDined on 1/20/2013It's OK, but can't compare to the original (Cafe des Artistes). Thank heaven they left the murals!Special Features:
- Restaurant was full when wemmediaVIPDined on 1/20/2013Restaurant was full when we arrived for our 2:15 reservation. Had a reasonable wait to be seated. Resturant Week menue was ample, although one appetizer (roll and muffin basket) was out. Food was very good. Service was excellent. It was a very nice experience. Have recommended restaurant to others. And the murals, as always, were wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent food in a greatFernandoDined on 1/19/2013Excellent food in a great area very close to Central Park. Wine list is extensive and food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Food "underwhelming" - 1 ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/19/2013Food "underwhelming" - 1 of 4 orders over cooked, 1 under cooked, 1 lacked seasoning, 1 ok. Forgot the coffee at the end of the meal. Won't be rushing back!
- Still a Neighborhood GemEveDDined on 1/19/2013Wonderful restaurant with excellent service and delicious food---What more could one ask for?Special Features:
- The reason to eat dinner hereFrenchFoodieVIPDined on 1/18/2013The reason to eat dinner here is for the beautiful murals and ambiance. Not the food. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Over all very good. However,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Over all very good. However, the reservation confirmation reminders are overdone. A bit paranoid, especially receiving a phone reminder just a few hours before the reservation time. Are you worried about a "no show" when you actually had a full house for a very early dinner time?Special Features:
- A memorable meal: warm attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/16/2013A memorable meal: warm attentive service and superb food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great food, but slow receptionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2013Great food, but slow reception service even with reservation.Special Features:
- We had a lovely time at ThebrunhildeVIPDined on 1/16/2013We had a lovely time at The Leopard. We sat near the window and the plantings were lovely to see as were the apartments across the way. The problem with sitting there is that it can be very noisy as everyone comes in at one time. Next time I might ask to sit on the upper level. After everyone settled in the noise level was much better. The restaurant is beautiful and the crowd well dressed and sophisticated looking. The portions on the restaurant week menu seemed small but even though it was Restaurant Week we still got an amuse bouche to start and biscotti to finish. I did not order from the Restaurant Week menu and the price of my one course was the same as that for the 3 courses. The branzino and artichoke accomaniment was terrifiSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week visit to an old gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/16/2013Visited during Restaurant Week so place was buzzing. Food service was fast, but I waited quite a while to get waiter's attention for check. The venue is a must see as there is a lot of history in this restaurant which was previously Cafe des Artiste. We had the prix fixe Restaurant Week menu. My son enjoyed all courses. I found the appetizeer and dessert somewhat disappointing. My main of meatloaf, masshed potato & spinach was definitely a comfort food menu item! The biscotti at the end of the meal were a nice touch and quite delicious!Special Features:
- Not cafe des artistes!ArtsysueDined on 1/16/2013For restaurant week they had a very cheap menu. Meatloaf for 1 thing
- My dinner friend and I bothPrincessVIPDined on 1/15/2013My dinner friend and I both thought the Restaurant Week menu contained the cheapest possible ingredients, no 'treats' and was barely OK as a coffee shop menu, especially for the price. She thought that the mascarpone panna cotta was the only tasty offering. Service was very good and our location in a small alcove accounted for the fairly low noise level. We would not recommend the restaurant, at least not for the Restuarant Week menu. This is one of the very few occasions in my many years as an Open Table member that I have submitted what I consider a less than favorable review. There are so many exceptional restaurants in the Lincoln Center area, but this is not one of them.
- Perfect Dining ChoiceLakeQladyDined on 1/15/2013It is a very special restaurant . The ambiance is elegant with a beautiful mural on the back wall. The food was delicious with excellent service. A great choice to dine or perfect complement for an evening at Lincoln Center.Special Features:
- The cod appetizer was chewyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/14/2013The cod appetizer was chewy and the meatloaf main was tasty but not wonderfulSpecial Features:
- we went during restaurantpickyDined on 1/14/2013we went during restaurant week and are not sure we would go at ful price.Special Features:
- My girlfriends and I wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2013My girlfriends and I were audience members at the Katie Couric show which is located only a few doors down from this wonderful little restaurant. A perfect place to relax and unwind after a fun, energized show! :)Special Features:
- Enjoyed wonderful ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/11/2013Enjoyed wonderful Italian cuisine. Wine was a little pricey for the quality.Special Features:
- FantasticoTonyManhattanDined on 1/5/2013Superb kitchen. Superb service. Every single time, the staff makes sure that the experience belongs at the top of the mark. Thank you all. This is more than a landmark restaurant. It is a destination. Mille Grazie.Special Features:
- dissapointing. service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/5/2013dissapointing. service was slow, even though 3 different people kept circling and asking how is everything. waiter forgot two of our items.
- It is a rather appealing environmenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013It is a rather appealing environment. But, the swervice is very slow and disorganized. The food is good enough but bnot commensurate with the price charged.The liquor is fine. Noise is moderate.Special Features: