2 West Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.backdeckboston.com/
- Phone: 6176700320
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm - 11:30pm; Sunday 3:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Paul Sussman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Back Deck offers professional backyard grilling in a laid-back city setting seven days a week. Friends and family meet for charcoal-grilled favorites inspired by the food served at casual cookouts along with porch-perfect cocktails, beer and wine.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Corcoran 8664171498
- Cross Street: Corner of Washington
- Public Transit: We are conveniently located next to the Downtown Crossing T stop and Silver Line Stop. We are just a short walk from Park Street, Chinatown and State Street stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We offer night and weekend parking validation of $2.00 off for local area lots.
A word from Back Deck
Back Deck offers professional backyard grilling in a laid-back city setting seven days a week. Back Deck brings the outdoors inside with details like exterior carriage lighting and glazed brick in the dining room and an open kitchen that invites guests to watch the flame-licked fun. Back serves polished takes on cookout classics as well as dishes cooked over an open flame at homes across the globe. Almost all of the menu is grilled on three hardwood charcoal grills hand-picked to accommodate many differing options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Back Deck reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (32)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (28)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)special occasion (8)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- great food and service - perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013great food and service - perfect timing for a show after dinner
- This is a very nice place,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013This is a very nice place, ideal for pre- or post-theatre dining. It's very close to the opera House. The grilled entrees are very good.Special Features:
- Great BurgerNichanDined on 1/25/2013Went on a Friday during lunch hour and they were not that busy. Service was very good as was the food. My son and I both had the Muffaletta Burger done medium and both were cooked perfect.Special Features:
- Great find downtown - a reallywestenderVIPDined on 1/23/2013Great find downtown - a really fun idea to have an all grilled menu. It was nice on a cold evening, and I am sure it will be even better in warmer weather with all the windows open. Good food, and the server was nice and friendly.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2013The food was pretty good, but I hated the small deep plates they served the food it. It was hard just getting to the food it was wedged in there so tight. I like my food to have room to breathe. The menu was fairly limited it seemed too. I expected more bbq favorites.
- Great food. Fun atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013Great food. Fun atmosphere. Good service. My boyfriend and I had a lovely time at the back deck. The Perfect Chicken was indeed perfect. We also had the butternut squash soup which was very tasty and a decent portion size. My boyfriend ordered the MexiCali burger which came in a small red basket that was overflowing with the burger and fries. For 14$, the burger was nothing special but still good. We also split a pitcher of the house punch which was good but a lot for the two of us to finish. They didn't hurry us out the door as we casually finished our drinks, which was very nice.Special Features:
- Great weekday lunch spot (postChrispieDined on 1/4/2013Great weekday lunch spot (post holidays). Good food/ menu quick, friendly service for biz lunches. Could have used something like comp bread or rollsSpecial Features:
- Food was out of this world!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/26/2012Food was out of this world! I will surely be retuning =)Special Features:
- The Back Deck is okay as aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012The Back Deck is okay as a convenient place to go before or after theater. But the food is not especially good -- for example, way too much dry pita bread on the "wrap" sandwich, unpleasant tasting cole slaw, bland potato salad. The ambience and service are okay. I saw several other groups with children (as I was) there, and I expect convenience after the Nutcracker was the primary reason.
- There was not enough choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012There was not enough choices on the menu and the portions weren't very big for what you pay. I was surprised that the large plates did not have a salad or side come with it. I had to buy a side of fries for $4 because the original portion just wasn't filling enough. Enjoyed the Back Deck beer. I did like that I was able to make a reservation online.Special Features:
- Good for a quick dinner pre-theaterAnonymousDined on 12/14/2012Good for a quick dinner pre-theater; we were seated quickly and food came out promptly.Special Features:
- Don't BotherOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2012Caesar salad and grilled wings were very good, but everything else (shrimp, hash, bratwurst) were just OK. Cold sauerkraut (right out of the fridge) for the brat was the last straw. Drinks were terrible, had to send one back. With so many other options, don't bother.Special Features:
- A pleasant, open space, largejdeeVIPDined on 12/8/2012A pleasant, open space, large windows giving a glimpse up to the sky and rooftops and, with the deck-furniture decor, succeeding pretty well in creating a "back deck" ambiance. Food following the grill theme was well done and nicely flavored and spiced.Special Features:
- We were in a rush to see aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2012We were in a rush to see a show and they got us seated and waited on immediately. The food was petty good and reasonably priced. Wait staff was very accomodative. Good, no-nonsense choice for the family.Special Features:
- We stopped by late after aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012We stopped by late after a concert, and while tempted by the entrees, just ordered, frankly, everything off the small plate menu. They were all great, nice variety, and just enough dressed greens on each plate that we felt justified in getting an order of very tasty fries - nice fat slices - to go with it. Unobtrusive, but friendly attentive service, and we were very pleased with the by the glass wine. We will definitely go back to try both brunch and a full dinner. Great location!Special Features:
- Very nice ambiance for familyTakeoutDined on 11/30/2012Very nice ambiance for family dinner. Quiet and quant setting. Food was yummy!Special Features:
- was there for a lunch meeting.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/19/2012was there for a lunch meeting. The sandwiches and burgers were great. Server was prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/17/2012While Back Deck is still a new restaurant and has some kinks to work out, certain things should always be in place. The ambiance was great, actually felt like you were on someones back deck. But what the restaurant had in ambiance it lacked everywhere else. I got the Back deck Manhattan as my drink. It tasted watered down and I was able to gulp down what should have been straight bourbon. The grilled hot wings were not very spicy, and were oily. The ribs were rip off the bone, not fall off the bone. Took about 10 minutes to get our check and then another 10 minutes for the waitress to run the CC. While I usually like to give a new restaurant two tries, I don't think Back Deck is going to get a second shot.