Ponti Seafood Grill
3014 3rd Ave. North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ponti Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://pontiseafoodgrill.com/cuisine.html
- Phone: 2062843000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Served nightly from 5:00pm to 9:00 pm
Happy Hour: Served Nightly from 4:00 to 6:30 and 9:00 to close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Pan-Asian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Alvin Binuya
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Four private rooms with water views & private patios available for groups of 8 to 200. Off-site Catering also available, please contact our Private Dining office at (206) 284-3000 or request a date on-line at: http://www.pontiseafoodgrill.com/pd-reservations.html
- Private Party Facilities: PRIVATE DINING AT PONTI: Nestled next to the historic Fremont Bridge on the Lake Washington Ship Canal, Ponti is reminiscent of a Mediterranean style villa and stands watch over ships passing under one of the world’s busiest bascule bridges. Four rooms available. 1) BUENA VISTA ROOM: (Seats 8 to 24) Bay windows offer a 180° view overlooking the ship canal and historic bridges creating a quiet and intimate dining experience. 2) SWORDFISH ROOM: (Seats 10 to 26) French doors and bay windows afford sweeping views of the ship canal and the Fremont & Aurora bridges. Ideal for cocktail parties. 3) GRAND DINING ROOM: (Seats up to 75) Mediterranean ambiance and unique artwork compliment the extraordinary view afforded by a wall of windows. 4) TAPESTRY ROOM: (Accommodates up to 40 seated or 50 reception style) Looking out over the ship canal towards the Fremont and Aurora Bridges, this room offers seclusion and tranquility. Adjacent private patio may be reserved with the room during summer.
- Private Party Contact: Rosa Lin 2062843000x
A word from Ponti Seafood Grill
Nestled next to the Fremont Bridge overlooking the Lake Washington Ship Canal, Ponti Seafood Grill resembles a Mediterranean style villa and offers one of the most unique water views Seattle has to offer. Since 1990, Ponti has delighted the palates of their guests with a menu that offers an array of eclectic flavors ranging from pan-Asian, Mediterranean, classic European and Pacific Northwest fusion, under the creative guidance of proprietors, Richard and Sharon Malia. Ponti’s reputation for its dedication to providing fine service and exquisite cuisine ensures that your visit will be well remembered. “A Spectacular fusion of Northwest Bounty, European Techniques, Mediterranean sensibility and Pacific Rim Pizzazz.” —Food & Wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ponti Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne ›
Ponti Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (133)scenic view (132)special occasion (109)romantic (97)fit for foodies (82)neighborhood gem (69)notable wine list (48)good for groups (28)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- a favoriteSeattliteDined on 6/8/2014Outstanding seafood and we always recommend to friends when they ask for dining recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copper River SalmonbgrungemanDined on 6/8/2014Excellent preparation for the salmon. I ate every crumb on my plate. My wife had the tenderloin (right, at a seafood restaurant). It was amazing... nicely aged and with yukon gold scalloped potatoes... heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014Our waiter was very hesitant to provide 2 separate checks for our party of 4.... And his hands shook violently when he served drinks.... He apologized but he seemed very stressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ponti still does great salmonwannabeDined on 6/4/2014Love the salmon. In general, the food is what brings us here. Some aspects of the service seems to have gone downhill however.Special Features:
- The following 1237 reviews are from the Ponti Seafood Grill reviews archive.
- VisitingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014Wonderful food and great presentation. A nice water view on the deck made it extra pleasent!Special Features:
- Great foodcycleguyDined on 5/30/2014Both the king salmon and halibut were excellent. and the salad was exquisite. Expensive but with a groupon was a good value.Special Features:
- Canalside pleasurebistrofanaticVIPDined on 5/24/2014Although the menus might be a bit limiting for the eclectic eater, the great fresh/local (especially seafood) dishes, in combination with an overlook view of the Lake WA Ship Canal, can make for a particularly pleasurable dining experience. One of THE best places in the whole city that you can have a long, conversational meal without shouting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As delicious as always!ConnieDined on 5/24/2014Almost always go to Ponti's for a special time - very fresh & beautifully prepared meals. We went twice in thee last couple of weeks - so pleasant to sit outside there.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencewinerdinerDined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful experience at Ponti's! We travel to Seattle every year at the end of May to take advantage of the Copper River King Salmon served in Seattle restaurants. The preparation at Ponti's was just the way we like it - grilled with mashed potatoes and thick asparagus. It was delicious and at $49, it was a lot less expensive than other restaurants (the high we paid was $65 and not nearly as good) making it an exceptional value. We will now add Ponti's to our not-to-be-missed list for next year and hopefully for many years to come!Special Features:
- Perfect eveninganneVIPDined on 5/23/2014Wonderful seafood, especially the crab rangoon and halibut. We were able to sit on the patio and watch the boats go by while drinking manhattans! Service was attentive but not overbearing. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 5/21/2014Great food--- love the kale salad!! Had their classis seafood pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Always!DigiwaveDined on 5/17/2014I've been dining at Ponti since it opened and they have never failed to impress with a great overall dining experience. I've tried just about all the seafood dishes and they are all outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014very good in every aspect-really liked your new waitress from friday harbor.Special Features:
- They forgot about usmiloDined on 5/11/2014The albacore was pretty good, but sides were small. The salmon had a slightly fishy smell and taste. It took 54 minutes to get us our salads and another 20 to get us our entrees, including my 3 year old's noodles and cheese.Special Features:
- More to be desired...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Ponti's is always a family favorite, but unfortunately my last dining experience left a lot more to be desired. First, the service was not good. We had to ask for additional bread three times, and my Mom never received the butter she requested. It took quite a while for our bottle of wine to be opened. The wrong food was delivered to our table. Just overall, the service was really lacking. My entree was good, but a little on the cold side. If I'm going to spend that kind of money at Ponti's then I want to have an excellent dining experience with prompt service and warm food.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I brought my mom here for their mothers day brunch. It was a beautiful day and we were able to sit outside on their back patio. The food was fantastic! They had a special menu for the holiday and it did not disappoint. The only complaint I had was with the service. It took at least 10 mins after being seated before we saw our waiter who took our drink order which was simple...we wanted water and one OJ. It was another 15-20 minutes before he came back to take our food order. Normally I would excuse this delay on a holiday, however I had noticed on the way in that the restaurant was only about 50% full and our waiter wasn't overwhelmed with tables. Overall I think the atmosphere is great, the food is wonderful and the price was reasonable :)Special Features:
- In full bloomJimJDined on 5/11/2014The patio was absolutely stunning. All the white rhododendrons were in full bloom along the whole outside edge of the patio and it could not have been more perfect for Mother's Day. The bruch menu was really nice and the food was tremendous. The staff is knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and very professional. As always a great dinning experience.Special Features:
- Like it, mostlyballarddinerDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time trying Ponti's for mother's day brunch, we thought we give it a try since the other popular spots are usually crazy. The staff was very nice and good about keeping our reservation time. We were served blueberry coffee cake and scones, and a cup of berry parfait to start, and those were very good. Off the pre-fix menu we ordered the salad, and I ordered salmon hash, and my wife the crab eggs benedict. The salad was very good. Our dishes were mostly good, except that the eggs were way overcooked. Both dishes were supposed to have poached eggs on top, instead we got something closer to hard boiled eggs. To top it off, I ended up paying $4 for a small class of OJ with ice cubes in it, a bit steep if you ask me.Special Features:
- Not impressed.Dude5722Dined on 5/10/2014Overall I was not impressed with my first and last visit to Ponti Seafood Grill. First of all the hostess could have been 18 years old or younger and looked like she was half asleep. Not very attentive at all; looked like she wasn't happy to be at work. Since our table wasn't ready and my son was underage to be at the bar, we had to wait outside. The food wasn't bad but I can't say that it was extraordinary either. It was just ok. The rice was tasteless and weird spinach. The Albacore, although I asked for it well done, came out tough. The waiter repeatedly passed our table, ignored the refilling of my son's coke. The portion size is basically a joke for the price you are paying per plate. We will NOT be going back there again.
- Service and placeDinebyshipcanalDined on 5/10/2014Very accommodating staff, friendly. I guess the place needs to expand if there's space available especially for a waiting lounge that guests can sit and wait instead of standing in the aisle that hinders the flow of wait staff serving other guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Ponti’s Restaurant is just west of the Fremont Bridge on the ship canal. It is convenient for pre-opera or pre-ballet dinner. The ambiance is relaxing and scenic. The seafood dishes that we had were flavorful and not too large or heavy. The scallops were particularly good. With salad, entrée, and a glass of wine, expect to pay $50 per dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exclent, distinct food flavors...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014All of the food we ordered had great flavor. And was perfectly cooked, Cucumber Gimlet drink from bar was sour. Nice view that has outdoor seating area for a nice day. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary traditionKennethDined on 5/4/2014Great food and service as always. However, in the past I have always requested a window table and never was seated at one. This time I again requested a window and to my pleasure one was waiting for us. The difference this time was that I used opentable to make the reservation instead of calling the restaurant directly. Evidently the restaurants pay mote attention to reservations made with opentable. Even to the detail of knowing it was an anniversary celebration.. With rose petels on the table and anniversary greetings from the staff. A small, yet big difference.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerleishmaniacDined on 5/2/2014Wonderful Thai penne pasta and excellent black cod. Clams were delicious and halibut was very good. All round good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice deck, the rest is "meh..."OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2014This is somewhere I would take people from out of town who appreciate a neck view, but don't care too much about food or paying for it. We got the halibut, which was pretty good, the albacore, crab egg roll and cocktails. Overall the food was OK, but not great. Certainly not good enough for the prices. Wait staff really couldn't have cared less. I am kind of shocked at how hood the reviews are on this place. It's dated with mediocre food, but a really nice view from the deck.Special Features:
- Great Evening at Ponti'sAvidDinersDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I had a great anniversary dinner at Ponti's. As usual the food was delicious. The weather was perfect for outdoor seating. Our waiter was knowledgeable, attentive and discreet. The other diners in our area were friendly and open. A very nice evening.Special Features:
- md68Dined on 4/30/2014The night was wonderful, for April 30th we had dinner outside. We had 4 for dinner, everyone had something different everything was great!!!Special Features:
- Food Excellent -- Service so soSuzeQ2Dined on 4/26/2014the overall experience was excllent, the food was delicious, but one item ordered was not delivered. We requested an adjustment to the bill and they were very cordial and took care of it immediatel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old schoolOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014The front of the house-the hostess was flustered and was slow to seat people. The wait staff is very attentive and helpful. My salmon was over cooked but my husband raved about his smoked cod. The setting is a little worn but the view of the canal is nice. Most of the diners were older. I would eat there again in the summer just to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best menu in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Most complaints I have about other restaurants is that they do not have what I want on the menu. Ponti is different, a diverse menu with plenty of seafood dishes on it. and so delicious! a great experience which we will be quick to repeat!Special Features:
- Perfect PontiShawnJonDined on 4/24/2014Great food, service and atmosphere! First time here on a Groupon, would go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticofantasticoDined on 4/23/2014My wife and I were very pleased with the service we got at your restaurant,we certainly did not expected it we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityChowderHoundDined on 4/22/2014One of the reasons to Choose Ponti Seafood Grill is the consistently good quality of the food. Ingredients are fresh and well prepared, the staff will go out of their way to accommodate special orders, the wine list is excellent, and the service is attentive without being intrusive. I have never had anything but a great dining experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Re-Visited this restaurant after many years. The food and service were both outstanding. They have a great happy hour, and Ponti Café menu looked amazing also for a more casual evening. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic foodHonestAbeDined on 4/22/2014Our dinner was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. We had black cod and King salmon and both were perfectly prepared. The molten chocolate dessert was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WedontneednonicknamesVIPDined on 4/20/2014I have been going to Ponti for over 15 years and I have never been disappointed.The service and food are always great. We were fortunate in that the weather was nice and we saw lots of boats going up and down the canal. The oysters,lamb shank and salmon were scrumptious.Special Features:
- A favorite placecapnhallDined on 4/20/2014Don't go often but always enjoy our experience at Ponti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunchgood4uDined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed your menu options; good food and very good service made the whole brunch experience exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!KahunaDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I have eaten at Ponti's many times and, without fail, the food and service are great. We had a wonderful Easter brunch this time. Our server was fantastic and each dish was prepared perfectly. Can't wait to return to Ponti's.Special Features:
- Great Brunch and service!lovetodineVIPDined on 4/20/2014We had a wonderful Easter brunch and the food was delicious! The service was prompt and gracious too. We loved it!Special Features: