Tilikum Place Cafe
407 Cedar Street
Seattle, WA 98126Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Tilikum Place Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tilikumplacecafe.com/
- Phone: 2062824830
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ba Culbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tilikum Place Cafe
Inspired European and Northwest brunch, lunch and dinner. We take great pride in using the freshest & highest quality products as our menu is entirely made in house. Stop by for dinner or drinks & experience seasonal cuisine, creative libations & a warm welcome!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Tilikum Place Cafe - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Tilikum Place Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (102)great for brunch (81)special occasion (39)romantic (39)great for lunch (39)notable wine list (13)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- A break from local hotel breakfastaviatrix757Dined on 3/30/2014It was my last morning in town and I wanted to go somewhere for a decent brunch on my last day. Boy did I make the right choice! The specials were inventive, the food was delicious and beautifully plated. Water is served in a one liter glass bottle for the table to share. You can get you coffee in a French press that is brought to the table or just have them whip you up an Americano (that comes with an adorably tiny snickerdoodle on the side!). I ordered their eggs Benedict special, It was served on cornbread with slow-cooked pulled pork, fresh spinach, and whole grain mustard Hollandaise sauce. There were roasted potatoes on the side which where fantastic, especially with their house-made ketchup. Go there. Now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything cooked to perfectionkayliecDined on 3/28/2014Food was absolutely amazing. Everything tender and cooked perfectly. It was quite loud, felt like we were shouting most the time however the venue quaint. The service not as attentive as we would have liked. Had to chase down our waitress several times. Still I would recommend because of the very unique menu and amazing chefs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Dutch Baby savory pancakejdeeVIPDined on 3/28/2014The Dutch Baby savory pancake is creative and very well done: really a giant popover with an interesting filling. The salads are nicely-done in French bistro style, tart and palate-cleansing. Don't pass up the soups: the asparagus cream was rich essence of asparagus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find!Playgirl2Dined on 3/26/2014We had a great lunch; friendly service; and its located nicely to walk to Seattle Center area. Only down side - very noisy so hard to talk as it filled up. I know it's called "energetic" but we call it loud. If you are not there to talk much, it will suit in every other way. Its small; reminds me of a European neighborhood spot. It may be good late night - we did not check the hours but the ambience would certainly be on its side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Correct service, great qualityDavInWonderlandDined on 3/21/2014We were in Seattle end of March, and went to Tilikum Place Café for diner. The service was very friendly and correct, no extreme long waiting times even though the house was full. The quality of the food was outstanding. Price-quality level, for sure I recommend this place. Due to the energetic noise level, and the busy atmosphere, I would not recommend to come with children. The menu has a good variety of fish and meat, everyone can definitely find something he/she likes. Regarding the drinks, they have a good wine variety, and a wide choice of alcohol. Definitely a place to return, which I will certainly do when I am around!Special Features:
- Fresh produce cooked lovinglypickypeggyDined on 3/21/2014Great lunch and pre-theatre place. French onion soup and salads are great staples. Its entrees like the chicken and pork cheeks never fail to disappoint. And the pasta appetizer is just melt in the mouth.Special Features:
- Our "go to" spot mid week.LorenDined on 3/19/2014Convenient and excellent daily "specials" including regular menu items . Always predictably good... So happy to have this friendly establishment close by. Staff, ambience and foremost food preparation PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014The food was "okay". The Bloody Mary was a little "flat", they need to spice it up a bit. I had the corned beef hash special. It was a little bland and I didnt get any parsnips. My friend asked about the soups and the server was pleasant and told us others enjoyed it, LOL really? How about offering a small sample as she could not vouch for the soup herself. It was an average experience. Cute place but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorite spotslizzyDined on 3/16/2014The food is always good, interesting combinations, good friendly service. I like Tilikum a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is exceptional.bunnyDined on 3/16/2014The food here is exceptional. My brunch entrée was accompanied by a small green salad - impeccably fresh greens, and perfectly dressed. So many places over do or under do the dressing. Kudos!Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2014The perfect place for brunch on a rainy Seattle morning. Be sure to get a reservation! Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening at this restaurant. The food was well executed and accessibly, highlighting seasonal ingredients. We received excellent service from Denise, and I would request her section again in the future. This isn't a "trendy restaurant". It's a hidden gem where they clearly prefer to focus on what they do well rather than fad-foods or decor. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice cafesamthemanVIPDined on 3/11/2014Would not expect to find such a gem of a restaurant in a storefront in the middle of the block, but indeed a very fine dining experience with excellent food and very attentive staff. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle Living at it's BestSeattleLivingMWelkDined on 3/8/2014I can't say enough about this wonderful restaurant, the level of service and food is the best in the City, and they deliver it consistently. They make you feel comfortable, you are never rushed, you can sit back, enjoy your wine, food, and have a great conversation with your dinner companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food three times in a rowUgoSeeVIPDined on 3/1/2014The omelet and the benedict specials were delicious. Make a reservation for brunch, it gets quite busy.Special Features:
- Dutch Babies and A Bit MoreMsBillieJaneDined on 2/23/2014I was glad I tried out this resto for brunch. I had been to other hot brunch spots in the city so I wanted to try something different. Tilikum was a reasonable price point for brunch. $9 for a Dutch Baby was worth it. I also shared a French Press for $5.50. The food itself was average, somewhat on the bland side. Overall, it was a good dining experience and probably the best brunch spot closest to the Needle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch!heathDined on 2/23/2014We tried the eggs benedict special and it was so delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful unique menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2014The Brussels sprout salad was delish as was the sage pasta appetizer. Service was superb and the menu varied. I ad the pork and it was ultra-tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden gemNP12VIPDined on 2/20/2014Great food prepared with quality ingredients. Flavors were spot on and service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Perfect French Onion soup,Fades2801Dined on 2/19/2014Ordered the French Onion soup and chicken main entre which were excellent in both preparation and presentation. Exceptional, attentive and well informed customer service, Favorite Merlot not offered. We were amongst the first to be seated and were placed in a back corner small table sitting adjacent, not face to face and it was too tight to get in and out of without bumping into our or other customers' tables. Our small back corner sitting should have only be reserved for a single customer because it was not romantic and did not accommodate meals including coffee,water, and cocktails for two. I bear some responsibility in that I should have asked for a different table. I would recommend to others and look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMaizeSombreroVIPDined on 2/17/2014The food and drink are absolutely on point. ON POINT. Small, quiet, and just perfect. The chicken is tremendous, and I never order chicken.Special Features:
- feel like homefelicDined on 2/16/2014We always feel we are in a restaurant in France, probably one of the most friendly restaurant in town, feel like home. Always fresh seasonal products, outstanding Celery roots with white lentils, amazing chocolate cake, a very special table, will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will go back.degiiiDined on 2/15/2014Group of six. All enjoyed our meals. Menu was not extensive; but, that was not a issue. Pasta appetizer was excellent. Those that got the chicken raved about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok...VisitingSeattleDined on 2/15/2014The hostess informed me that they did not have my reservation for 3 when I showed up. I double checked the confirmation email and confirmed that my reservation was made. I was told I wouldn't be able to sit at a table as the only table available had to be given up in an hour because of another reservation. As we did not want to be rushed, we opted to sit at the bar (luckily there were seats available at the time). We ordered the eggs benedict special & egg scramble specials. The eggs themselves were pretty good. However, the greens that came with the meal were incredibly sour, almost if it was drenched in lemon juice only. Just a small bite made us pucker. Side potatoes were bland. Overall, things were just OK. Probably would not return.
- food was amazing!!!!! wentfoodieatheartDined on 2/12/2014food was amazing!!!!! went for work dinner and will definitely be going back, wanted to try the whole menu & did not make it to dessert, but good reason to go backSpecial Features:
- A reliably good Belltown choiceEllynwfDined on 2/7/2014Tilikum Place Café was the first place friends took me when I moved to Lower Queen Anne in 2012. I've been there 6 or 8 times since and it's always a dependably good meal made with fresh local ingredients and served in a warm and casual manner. On this occasion I was there with my niece who was visiting from the East Coast. We had the featured oysters and pasta and shared the always-good roasted chicken. Other than the fact that my request for substituting cooked greens for mashed potatoes was forgotten, all was good. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014We have dined (and lunched) and Tilikum Place many times and it just keeps getting better. Friendly servers, small but excellent menu, fresh and creatively used local ingredients. In short, the ideal small restaurant. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch! I like the factcynthDined on 2/2/2014Great Brunch! I like the fact that they use local meat, cheese and other stuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem near Seattle Center.decanoVIPDined on 2/1/2014This little place tucked away in the Five Points triangle would be easy to miss on the way from downtown to Seattle Center. But try it out. The food is distinctive and prepared with clear knowledge of what really works, as opposed to trendiness. It is healthy and attractive. Service is friendly and skilled. A great place to dine before the ballet or opera or just being a tourist at the Space Needle. Lunch is just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a Saturday Brunch inOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014We had a Saturday Brunch in Tilikum Place Cafe in winter. We enjoyed hot soup, sweet pancake and friendly service watching a tall Space needle. If the coffee served in a bigger cup, I check "Outstanding Brunch restaurant". But, totally nice. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was offeatswellDined on 1/31/2014I've been to this place many times and had a great experience. This time the service was off, the food was brought to the table but not placed properly. We had to figure out who ordered what and pass dishes around the table. For some reason the noise level was really high, we had a hard time hearing each other. The food was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and a Cozy Locationseattle2VIPDined on 1/30/2014Tilikum Place feels as if it belongs in Manhattan, but the prices are a lot more reasonable! We had a great dinner last week, with the pork cheeks being the highlight. The menu is short but everything we have tried is excellent. Wine prices are very reasonable by Seattle standards.Special Features:
- One of the best meals outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/28/2014One of the best meals out in Seattle; like a small European Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed our brunch.seattlevisitorDined on 1/26/2014We really enjoyed our brunch. Food was fantastic. Service was a little off. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/24/2014As usual, great dinner. Service was a little slow this time because they were packed and short staffed. Still worth returning again and again!!
- Just Visiting SeattleLeahVIPDined on 1/19/2014Read great reviews for this restaurant and was not disappointed. My girlfriends and I came in for Sunday brunch and we each tried something a bit different. Everything was delicious. My friend and I were pretty disappointed the the menu shown on line showed Crab Eggs Benedict, and then it wasn't on the menu. Regardless, the food was delicious. If I lived in Seattle, I would return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backMuch2TryDined on 1/18/2014I made a reservation on line which proved a good move - the restaurant was packed! There was a constant hum of voices punctuated with laughter. The staff was attentive and upbeat. A wonderful atmosphere. And the food... I came to try a Dutch Baby and was not disappointed. I had the savory one with sausage and just the right amount of maple syrup on the side. Awesome! Comfort food at its finest. I look forward to trying more from the menu in future trips.Special Features:
- Busy Sunday BrunchSherryDined on 1/12/2014Make a reservation if you're planning Sunday brunch. We had opera tickets for a 2pm matinee, so our brunch reservations were at 11am. We were seated right away, we ordered beverages, the sparkling cider from Normandy, there was only one serving left. We both had specials, smoked salmon Monte Cristo and pulled pork benedict on focaccia. It took a very long time for our food to arrive. Our waiter suggested some like a fried egg on top of the Monte Cristo, and in retrospect I can see why...it is a little dry without it. My husband's dish was divine. I will return and order from the regular menu, but perhaps on a different day at another time. The kitchen was unable to prepare midday Sunday brunch orders within a reasonable time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressedRobinWVIPDined on 1/6/2014I commute from San Francisco and in general find Seattle restaurants not as good. Tilikum Place was an exception that is making me re-think my bias. Delicious baked oysters, unusual but good yam gnocchi. My dinner companion liked her beet salad and roast chicken. Some service bumps (they didn't have our reservation, but had plenty of tables, we waited way too long for our bottle of wine) but good natured and I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2014This was awesome!! The crab egg's benedict was to die for! Huge lumps of crab and they have a decent home-made hollandaise, eggs cooked to a perfect medium-soft and the baked savoury bread underneath was so flavourful. We also shared the mulling spiced pear sweet dutch baby which I had seen so many reviews raving about I had to try it! It was tasty, though really just a custard filled pastry that was baked with pear and you pour over maple syrup - probably wouldn't order again. The place itself is a beautiful space, however very noisy! Now the reason for the 3-star service rating... our server was unfortunately very surly. The hostess who greeted us was so lovely I tipped her the rest of his tip on the way out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.