Tilikum Place Cafe
407 Cedar Street
Seattle, WA 98126Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Tilikum Place Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tilikumplacecafe.com/
- Phone: 2062824830
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ba Culbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tilikum Place Cafe
Inspired European and Northwest brunch, lunch and dinner. We take great pride in using the freshest & highest quality products as our menu is entirely made in house. Stop by for dinner or drinks & experience seasonal cuisine, creative libations & a warm welcome!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Tilikum Place Cafe - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Tilikum Place Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (119)neighborhood gem (113)great for brunch (85)great for lunch (43)special occasion (40)romantic (38)notable wine list (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- one of my favoritesjalapenoVIPDined on 8/16/2014great place for brunch. Definitely try the classic dutch baby or the pancakes. The scrambles and omelets look amazing as well.Special Features:
- My 3rd time 1st for dinnerZelabethDined on 8/15/2014I loved my 2 lunches and this was my first dinner - I'd say the lunch is a better value, but the food is still high quality and delicious, just a bit pricey compared to lunch. I preferred the waiters at lunch - the one waitress for a full restaurant for dinner seemed rushed and a bit uninformative. Next time I'm trying brunch - I would say make reservations for dinner on a Friday or near noon lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fresh and DeliciousFoodfoodfoodVIPDined on 8/11/2014Tilikum Place never fails to deliver. The food is always fresh and tasty. For example, I tried squash blossoms that were prepared like a tempura that was light and delicious. The salad made with grilled watermelon was satisfying. My son's salmon was just right. The staff is warm and friendly. It is my favorite neighborhood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch twice and super niceZelabethDined on 8/11/2014I love the high quality of the food, nice cozy atmosphere and good waiters. I am going for my first dinner this Friday - so far, my 2 lunches were delicious. I highly recommend and will count this as one of my fave places now in Seattle.Special Features:
- HendoDined on 8/9/2014This is a small, intimate restaurant with great food and service. The menu is limited but that is good. These guys do what they do well and don't try to be all things to all people. We had a house-made pasta appetizer that was incredible. We had the salmon and the flat-iron steak for entrees which were equally as great as the appetizer.I had the steak which was a perfect medium rare. We had the green beans with garlic and shallots which were cooked al dente. My wife is not that fond of green beans but loved these. The wine list is good and wines by the glass are available. We visit Seattle at least once per month for 3 to 5 days and Tilikum Place is the best restaurant we have been to in the last few years. We will return many, many times!Special Features:
- One of the best in SeattleFluffOneDined on 8/5/2014I started eating at Tilikum Place Café when they first opened 5 years ago and really liked it but got distracted trying other new places that we were consistently disappointed with. Recently we came for dinner and just fell in love with it all over again. I absolutely love the food, the staff is wonderful with just the right amount of attention given and the restaurant is comfortable, cozy, sophisticated without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014As always, everything was perfect here. The food was fabulous and the drinks were yummy. It was a little warm, but that might just be a reflection of how "over" summer I am.Special Features:
- Love the breakfast!tellsusanneDined on 8/2/2014I am European and so happy to have found a place that serves unique and also small dishes (as well as generous portions if you are hungry) for breakfast. Their cheese and cold cuts selection is amazing and their warm bread with their delicious jam the best. I highly recommend to order some cheese of sausage, they come nicely presented on a plate with the best crunchy bread I ever had. I am writing this during dinner time and are getting hungry for breakfast again. Will go there tomorrow morning. : )Special Features:
- Outstanding first-time dinnerSumaleeDined on 7/26/2014Bad planning on my part meant scheduling dinner during the height of the Seafair Torchlight parade -- but once safely inside the Tilikum Cafe, all madness forgotten. The server was impeccable-she was courteous, genuinely friendly, checked back at ideal times, comfortable with people. The food was delicious, from the house salad to the steamed clams to the steak. Everything was perceptibly fresh and locally-sourced and the presentation lovely. How Tilikum does this for affordable prices is a mystery but one diners will profit from.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood gem!BajamDined on 7/26/2014OMG! Perfection for a weekend morning brunch- outrageously good food and a homey neighbourhood feel. Made me smile all daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our absolute favoritespepperDined on 7/25/2014Love everything about Tillicum, ambience, staff and especially the food. It is one of our "go to" spots. Great drinks too, always an interesting seasonal menu. Some really great salads, I had a gulf prawn with avocado cream and pea vines salad, my partner a beautiful heirloom tomatoe salad. I almost always order the chicken because it's just so damn good! We are regulars and have never experienced a disappointing meal, a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply ExcellentLariatVIPDined on 7/25/2014Cheese Plate accompliments: Apple, champagne grapes, figs, apricots, candied orange rind, cherry compote. The thoughtful approach to intricate & delicate canvas of taste & texture in a simple cheese plate is carried over to many of Tilikum dishes. Grilled melon salad with kalamata olives. BLT salad with bacon bits fine as sugar. Our second visit but this time we didn't even make it to dinner course. The first & cheese courses & salad were sufficiently satisfying to our taste adventure. We need to pace ourselves next time so to try again the crisp roast chicken & house made pasta.
- Great Neighborhood CafeCalWineGirlDined on 7/20/2014It was my first visit to the Tilikum Place Café and it is definitely worth a re-visit. We went with friends for brunch. Our waitress was so friendly and helpful. One friend had the Sardine sandwich and said it was delicious -- and the portion was very sizeable. My husband had the Savory Salmon Tart and didn't share because it was so tasty. I had a delicious Omelette with basil, sundried tomatoes and mushrooms; and, our other friend had the TPC breakfast plate. The food and service were both very good and we walked away very full. I'd highly recommend Tilikum Place -- who knows I may be at the table next to you.Special Features:
- Savoured every bite!meditaraneanDined on 7/20/2014The review is for their brunch which was amazing. The waiters were relaxed and very knowledgeable, creating a great atmosphere to start (Ford was our server). My husband and I had two of the specials which we had to share because they both sounded incredible and they tasted even better!Special Features:
- Bad service - nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Although we had reservations, we still had to wait for our table as it appeared the place was under staffed. I ordered the Dutch baby pancake while my husband ordered an eggs Benedict and told them to bring out his benedictfirst since he was starving and the menu said the pancake would take about 20 mins. Turned out the pancake came out first and the Benedict took an extra 10 minutes. Others were served first that came after us before the Benedict was served. Nothing special about this place but wouldn't waste my time or money as the food was over priced for what we got.
- Always goodLocalgirlDined on 7/17/2014Always good, reservations are helpful if you want to ensure a table, fresh ingredients, incredible chicken, delicious specials. Baked eggs are great for brunch- service day or night is spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch more like brunchUCLASteveVIPDined on 7/14/2014Went for a weekday lunch looking for a full meal, but the menu was more brunch-like. What we had was good, just wanted a more substantial meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JriceDined on 7/11/2014Love this place. The sqauash blossoms were divine! Excellent service. Felt like being in Europe.Special Features:
- visitorinSeattleDined on 7/8/2014Had a great Birthday dinner for 5. Everyone had a great meal and the staff made us feel welcome and did not try to rush us through the meal. This is my 3rd time at the café and each occasion has been a culinary delight.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesFoodfoodfoodVIPDined on 7/5/2014Tilikum is one of Seattle's best. I've never had a bad meal there. The ingredients are fresh, the service is friendly and the ambiance is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best keept secret in SeattleDinerightDined on 7/2/2014You will never be disappointed here! Food always done to perfection, Desserts to die for, Staff super friendly. Dont miss itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceBelltownWorkerDined on 7/1/2014This restaurant is a gem. Group of 5 for lunch, celebrating colleague's birthday. We were all delighted with our orders- salads and sandwich specials. I will definitely go back. Great for foodies, but not snooty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot.Cindy8000VIPDined on 6/29/2014We really enjoyed the food at Tlikum Place Cafe. The Dutch Babies were delicious and the frittata was really good. The toasted cheese French bread was perfect. We will go back for other meals, as the brunch was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Stylish joint great servers lovely food.. We had mostly apps but everything was extremely well prepared... Would like to eat my way thru menu...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in a locals placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014We had dinner there with a last minute reservations. It was clear it was a neighbor-friendly location as the servers greeted many diners by name. I did feel the service was a little less warm for us out-of-towners, but I can't fault the food. We had the halibut and it was fresh with a wonderful sauce around it. We also had the chicken which was delicious, moist and flavorful. We each had a different flavor sorbet (strawberry-banana, earl grey, grapefruit-pepper and tangerine) and they were all delicious. There is also a gorgeous bar tucked to the side and a side view of the kitchen where you can watch the chef and sous chef working. It is clear he is an artist as everything we had was both tasty and beautifully plated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionOlyfoodieDined on 6/21/2014This was our first time at Tilikum and we will definitely be back. We appreciated the creative thought that went into each dish, the freshness of the ingredients, and very lively flavors. The atmosphere is like a better French bistro and the service was attentive but not intrusive. We were seated next to a party of 8 or more, which was a bit loud, but otherwise, enjoyed the ambiance. As it is only one block from our new condo, Tilikum will be a regular spot for more special nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 237 reviews are from the Tilikum Place Cafe reviews archive.
- OutstandingSEAfoodieMRVIPDined on 6/21/2014Had been trying to get a reservation here for weeks, and finally secured a lunch time on a Saturday when my parents were visiting from FL. Was the perfect atmosphere for brunch before our busy tourist afternoon. I had the baked eggs, which were fabulous -- both my parents got dutch babies (I thought the savory was slightly better than the sweet, but both were awesome and worth the extra time it took to cook). My boyfriend got the chorizo hash special, which was equally delicious but maybe a slightly small portion. Too bad we weren't hungrier because the table next to us got the beignets and OH MY GOSH they were beautiful! Will definitely be back -- looking forward to testing the whole brunch menu, and trying Tikilum for dinner!Special Features:
- So funOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014Everything about this place is great. Food, service, people....all fantastic. We will continue to come here and tell as many people that we can to do the same.
- Great ExperienceseattledripdropsDined on 6/17/2014Everything about this place is great. Had the pan seared chicken, baked oysters and kale salad. All was beyond amazing. Staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJohnDined on 6/15/2014Great service and food. We went for Father Day brunch with an early reservation. Everything was done right. We'll visit again next time we're in town.Special Features:
- Food great but service lackingRaccapazzareDined on 6/7/2014The food was prepared well but the server, Rajona, was very absent minded. She forgot our order several times, didn't know the ingredients in several dishes, and she didn't check in with us regarding our food, bill, etc. Usually the service is great, so luckily I have that frame of reference, yet Rajona really needs to step her performance at work. It was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchJake518Dined on 6/1/2014The Dutch baby pancakes were absolutely delicious! I have the classic variety with lemon and powdered sugar. It was the last day that the girl I was dating was going to be in WA so I wanted to take her somewhere special and this place was exactly that. Thank you!Special Features:
- Top-notchCallmeVDined on 6/1/2014The staff at Tilikum were great and friendly. One of our party was running late and the staff informed us of so as we didn't have a US phone plane. They were also nice and patient while we waited a while for our party to arrive. The food was delicious. Had the classic Dutch Babies and also the Salmon Benny.Special Features:
- Saturday Brunch was wonderfultelulasammDined on 5/31/2014We had two of their specials: Salmon Benedict served on a savory bread pudding. Everything about this dish was AMAZING. We also had their croque madam - a lovely sandwich on rosemary bread with ham, gruyere, bechamel sauce topped with a runny egg. It was very rich, but the little side salad it came with was a perfect and refreshing way to break up the richness. Also got the french press coffee, which was delicious. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely as alwaysMollyDined on 5/26/2014Breakfast was delightful. We come because we love that we can make a reservation and the french press coffee is DELICIOUS. Even though we drive down from the Greenwood area, the coffee and benedicts usually make it completely worth it.Special Features:
- 2nd visit disappointingRobinWVIPDined on 5/20/2014I had enjoyed my first dinner at Tilikum Place and it's in the neighborhood I stay in when visiting Seattle. So I was glad to take a foodie friend, but we both chose the pork entree and we both found it mediocre. Sweet sauce, flavorless meat, vegetables looked good but had no flavor. The pate we shared as a starter was good (not great) and the profiteroles were competent. Won't return.
- jdeeVIPDined on 5/18/2014Good food and great people-watching. Some unusual items; everything well-prepared. The special vegetable roast was done just right, nothing overcooked and a light dressing that brought out the character of each ingredient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fave brunch placeSeattleLovesFoodDined on 5/18/2014Predictably delicious food - uses seasonal produce, really clean and nuanced flavors, always exceeds my expectations. Mimosas and Americanos are perfect.Special Features:
- Lovely Staff, Exceptional Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014We (5) had reservations for brunch here on a Sunday morning. They showed a reservation for 4 and politely asked us to wait a few minutes. They sat us quickly and the server was knowledgeable about some aspects of the menu, but anything he wasn't clear about, he admitted and asked a co-worker. The food was delicious and each server helps everyone out. It wasn't like we could only ask one person. I recommend having one of the dutch babies for dessert. All the drinks (lattes, bloody Mary's, mimosas) were delicious too. One server recommended other restaurants that we might like to go to for dinner, in the neighborhood. Great experience, will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When were you surprised last?LariatVIPDined on 5/16/2014Restaurants are picked from review sites. Menus are studied ahead of time. Galleries are viewed. Route is mapped. Expectations are set up as reservation is confirmed by a click. So it seems restaurants could do best only by meeting studied but largely underinformed expectations. But Tikikum surprises. Expectations & pretentious knowing are shattered from the moments we are welcomed by the brightest greeting. Simple menu with carefully executed selections consisting cleverly chosen ingredients introduced with genuine passion by our expert server with the happiest smile. The entire evening could simply, easily, described as an enjoyment. Hospitality. Taste. Pleasure. Surprises.Special Features: