629 West Lancaster Ave.
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.o-toro.com/
- Phone: 610-254-0777x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from O-toro
Nestled next to Landmark Americana on Lancaster Avenue, o-toro is an intimate wine bar featuring sushi and tapas. Its quaint ambiance, created by natural black walnut tables, bamboo bar and Japanese cork covered walls, invokes a cozy dining experience.The Chef utilizes familiar flavors to create a modern menu that pairs perfectly with the extensive wine list featuring 24 varietals by the glass, which are served from a state of the art cuvinet system ensuring every glass is fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
O-toro - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
O-toro reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (14)romantic (9)great for lunch (9)special occasion (7)notable wine list (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great sushi and extensivejohnbosphlDined on 12/22/2013Great sushi and extensive selection of wines by the glass. Ny only menu critcism in three visits was the mediocre filet dumplings. mushroom flatbread and duck tacos were outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; nice ambienceMRS0BEDined on 12/19/2013Great food; defined as sushi and tapas, but even the tapas have an asian influence. Nice ambience; mellow vibe. Waitress could have been a little more attentive, but overall good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourSufjan89VIPDined on 12/19/2013I like to go here for weekday happy hour (for an early dinner) every-so-often. They have specials on food and a limited drink menu. There is a beautiful bar area where we order a variety of sushi and Korean-flavored tapas dishes. I leave full without paying too much for a satisfying meal.
- Food was great. The tuna nachos,skvdlVIPDined on 12/18/2013Food was great. The tuna nachos, although only 5 of them were fabulous. I got a savignon blanc that should have been chilled more but that was the only kink. Had the diet dumplings, calamari salad, sushi, and duck tacos. The tacos were a2 or 3 bite size and wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushi, great priceFoodieVIPDined on 12/11/2013If you haven't been to O-toro and you enjoy sushi, try it! The restaurant is tucked between Landmark grill and the Thos Moser furniture store. However, the sushi is good and the drink choices plentiful. In addition, there are a number of pricing specials that make it even better. Lunch offers you 1/2 price sushi, which is a deal you can't miss. In addition, during happy hour there are certain sushi rolls for $5 and wine when you sit at the bar. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Never lets you down.LynnVIPDined on 11/22/2013Love Love Otoro.. Food is wonderful. Wine list changes and is always good. The tapas asian style menu items are delicious- both the filet plates are amazing. The mushroom flatbread is a must! and the sushi is delicious! The sunflower roll- Heaven!Special Features:
- Delicious food item. KnowledgeableWineoDined on 11/20/2013Delicious food item. Knowledgeable staff members. Tapas comes out almost immediately with sushi taking long due to volume. Daily specials you can't beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going strongJillBVIPDined on 11/16/2013O-Toro is great for sushi, tapas and wine/cocktails. Everything is tasty and there's plenty of variety in choices. Ambience is adult with mood lighting. Service needs some works with wine knowledge or else the menu needs an actual description of the wine. The wine flights are a great option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!AllyDined on 11/12/2013Everything was SO delicious, especially the duck tacos! My only critique would be the water. I know that seems weird, but my sister and I both felt the water tasted like iron & minerals, which is why we ordered drinks instead!Special Features:
- Yummy Sushi & TapasMaurer24Dined on 11/1/2013The food itself was wonderful. We did have a slight wait for one sushi order we put in. However, the last dish we had which was a steak and mushroom dish was incredibly good.Special Features:
- The food is so good!! LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2013The food is so good!! Love the sushi special it is smart and gets us in the door the tapas are tasty and unique that it's hard to stay away. The duck tacos were perfect, nori crusted fliet of beef cooked to perfection we were licking our plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total disappointmentJusttrying2VIPDined on 10/15/2013$120 bill for two. One drink. No desert. We tried a number of sushi offerings and the best we can say is "fair" Presentation was basic. Quality was just ok. We were looking for excellence on the main line and received mediocrity. Our waiter was nice and he tried to be helpful, however management seem dismissive and disinterested in our thoughts. A shame. We really were looking forward to a nice evening.
- Very long wait for foodLobsternwineDined on 10/12/2013We had a reservation on a Saturday night and the restaurant was not overly busy. We got our drinks and tapas almost immediately after we ordered. The filet dumplings were not what I expected. The filling was very mushy, but did have a good flavor. The duck tacos were delicious. After that, we waited over an hour for our sushi to arrive. Apparently there was only one sushi chef, which seemed odd since it is essentially a sushi restaurant. When the sushi arrived it was very good, but not much is worth that long of a wait. The server did come and apologize once for the delay, but no compensation was offered.Special Features:
- Great sushi and small platescrlipkinVIPDined on 10/12/2013This was my second time at O-toro and I enjoyed it as much as the first. The dish that stood out the most was the calamari salad--generous chunks of tempura fried calamari tossed in a frisee, with an amazing dressing--it was so flavorful, we cleaned the plate--and it was a large portion. Also enjoyed the tuna nachos as well as the sushi rolls that we ordered. Service was very good. I hope the place does well--our part of the main line could use more restaurants like this.Special Features:
- Continues to ImpressBerwynPADinerVIPDined on 10/5/2013Food has always been great here, and their service has ramped up to be very attentive. Duck Tacos and Tuna rolls are highlights for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sushi!pam225Dined on 10/3/2013O-Toro has great ambiance, a wonderful wine list...but their sushi is AWESOME! Thursdays are 20 pieces for $20 - a steal in this area! And it's not just for "tuna roll" or "California roll". We had some specialty rolls that were awesome! We will be back!Special Features:
- Just okHikrBikrDined on 9/29/2013I didn't go in with any expectations and didn't leave with any profound opinions. Didn't try any of the sushi or rolls. The pork belly was rather tough, as though it had been steamed. The mushroom flatbread was tasty but seemed out of place. The nori wrapped filet was ok, nothing special. My GF had kimchi fried rice, she liked the spice level but said it was a bit too sour. The KFC was very yummy, we both agreed on that. The bread pudding was the best part. Overall we both agreed that the experience was fine but not necessarily someplace we'd look to return to repeatedly. If we do return we will try the sushi and rolls.
- birthday celebrationsITYSDined on 9/28/2013There were two birthday celebrations, one after another at O-toro. I felt it is a great place for a teen's party. Good food and great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFoodieDined on 9/2/2013The best sushi outside of Philly, and great cocktails and tapas too. Rock solid good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half-Price Sushi is the way to goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013All the food that I've tried at O-Toro is good, but if you want sushi, it's half price before 3pm. So worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi/TapasLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/14/2013Seems an odd concept but it works. Start with hot tapas for appetizers ( all designed for sharing) - got to have the Nori filet, duck tacos,pork lollipops and then move on to sushi - got to have mango, tiger, mainline. Great for casual evening out. Half price wine bottles on Wednesday evening too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tryImaFoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2013O-toro is attached to Landmark. The menu is quite small and is Tapas and Sushi dishes. Wine menu (by bottle or by glass) was quite extensive compared to the menu. The three dishes we tried were all good, with the mushroom flat bread being a standout. You won't leave stuffed unless you have quite a few items. But we were pleased with what we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting flavors...My2CentsVIPDined on 7/31/2013We tried this on a weekday evening (Wednesday) in July. The restuarant was not too crowded. Sushi was very good. Some very interesting flavor combinations for the rolls. Not your standard options. We also took our two kids (4 and 7) and they actually had good options for them as well (seems like kitchen is shared with neighboring restaurant). But it worked out well for us because our 4 year old is not too into sushi.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitLynnVIPDined on 7/24/2013We go here all the time.. and love it every time.... WiNO wednesdays are the best.... they have an ever changing wine list and half price wine bottles on Weds. Half Price Sushi during happy hour... definitely worth a try... oh and its not just sushi.. they are a tapas restaurant- so lots of other stuff to try... the filet dumplings -are delicious. and the filet tapas dish is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate in that it hasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2013Unfortunate in that it has aspiration toward a foodie spot (with a beautiful space), but failed to achieve the quality of food or ambience. It felt more like a college fast food hangout without the level of excitement, and much too costly for pretty mediocre food (at the level of take-out sushi joint). The background music could improve for general acoustics and choice of songs. Doubt we will return.
- Love food but service was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2013Not sure what happened. Have eaten here many times and love the food and usually have a great time.. The service was terrible this last time. It literally took them forever to seat us -- and the restaurant was empty -- it appeared that they only had one person working. Had brought out of town friends and had limited time -- had to keep apologizing for how bad the service was. Still love the food and would like to think it won't be the same experience next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/seviceBirthdayBrunchVIPDined on 7/10/2013Too loud. The restaurant was filled with cackling women. Food was very good. Our server was great although the food did not arrive at our table at the same time. So one of us was eating while the other was waiting. Not comfortable or pleasant. I would go agagin but only early in the week when it is not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid 3kristylynnVIPDined on 7/8/2013A nice little neighborhood spot attached to Landmark Americana. Review for July 8: service was friendly and polite, but a little slow. Their wine preservation system was way off -- 2 of us tried two entirely different wines by the glass we each sent them back (one was a rose, one a pinot grigio). Both tasted way off, as if they had been stored for a week in a system that wasn't working. We received two other glasses (a Chardonnay and a Sauv Blanc) that were both nice. We enjoyed the edamame, the O-Toro "roll" - more like sushi squares - made with Toro (so delish we ordered 2!); and the filet mignon dumplings (which were quite tasty). We had a few pieces of salmon nigiri = subpar and would not order again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat night outing to o-toroDevonregularDined on 7/6/2013We have been to O-toro about a half-dozen times and the food has been very good every time. This visit was slightly disappointing, as the kitchen was out of 4 of the 10 appetizers and the bar was out of both offerings of Sauvignon Blanc - for a Saturday night, that is not the way to run a restaurant. But the food we did get was very good and having a good sushi option in Wayne is a big plus for us.Special Features:
- YummyYummyDined on 7/4/2013The good was delicious! A little spicy if you don't like spicy... They use the chili peppers which can almost be too hot depending on how they are used. Sushi was great! Tapas were fun! Ambiance was chill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!WilliamDined on 7/4/2013This was our first time at O-Toro, but it will not be our last. The hand rolls were outstanding and the duck tacos were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry we waited so long!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2013If you are a sushi snob, this place is not for you, but if you like experimentation and excellent flavors, don't wait to give O-toro a try. Starting with the edamame and a good beer selection, we had a terrific meal. The nori crusted filet was perfectly cooked and tender. The godfather roll added prosciutto and mango to a traditional tuna and avocado roll with a great result. We will definitely be back soon so that we can work our way through the whole menu. The dishes came out at a nice pace and service was attentive.Special Features:
- Always yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2013Great food. 1/2 price sushi great concept. Keeps is coming back. We miss the tuna tartarSpecial Features:
- LOVE LOVE O-TOROLynnVIPDined on 6/12/2013Have been before and it gets better and better! GO for Wino Wednesdays. Half Price WIne bottles- all of them! and from 4-7 half price sushi. Definitely get spicy tuna roll, and filet dumpling, and nori filet tapas... and fries- yum! Mac and cheese delicious! Really everything we got was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed. I haveDisappointmentVIPDined on 6/6/2013Very disappointed. I have been eating here since they opened and considered it the best and most creative sushi/ tapas around the area. This time we were very disappointed. The flatbread tasted re heated, the sushi was mushy, the soup was salty! Very little attention to the quality they started with. The people at the bar, including the bar tender were loud and acted as if no one else was in the restaurant. If they stay at this level instead of how they started they will be gone. I will not go back now!
- Great foodLG123VIPDined on 6/3/2013The food was excellent - we tried several of the sushi rolls, a filet, and the donuts for dessert. It was a Monday night, but it was very quiet, we were one of the only tables.Special Features:
- We had night out without theRed55kcDined on 6/1/2013We had night out without the kids and it felt like we were at a fast food joint. The watier was lacked knowledge of the menus and brought out the check while we were still eating dinner. I don't know if they had dessert , because it was never offered.
- good neighborbood fineladiegrayVIPDined on 5/24/2013First visit. Service was good. Some dishes better than others, but all pretty good the same. The New England roll was exceptional I would certainly eat there again.
- Top NotchafpaintingDined on 5/12/2013O-toro is a wonderful place. Great food, more than just sushi is on the menu, along with a variety of wine choices with an elegant bold decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/12/2013Loved the sushi, great service, half price lunch makes this a great value!!