35 NE 40th Street
Miami, FL 33137Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oaktavernmiami.com/
- Phone: 7863911818x
- Hours of Operation:
CLOSED ON MONDAYS UNTIL OCTOBER
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am- 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday- Friday 12pm - 3pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4pm - 7pm
Dinner: Tuesday- Thursday: 6pm - 10:30pm, Friday 6:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday 6pm- 2am
Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Bracha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music "Under The Oak" Summer Series from 11pm - 2am
A word from Oak Tavern
A twist to American modern cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Oak Tavern - Best Restaurants in Design District ›
Oak Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (28)great for brunch (19)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (15)romantic (13)special occasion (11)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)notable wine list (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always DeliversOutandaboutVIPDined on 11/15/2013Love the atmosphere, love the menu, but I come for the food, which is always incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a reservation screw up.DarlingADined on 10/26/2013Every time we dine here they have issues with the reservation and we either have a long wait or are offered a terrible table. This time there were three empty tables inside, which we noticed after being seated. In addition the a/c was so cold we froze all night. We asked numerous times for the temp to be raised a few degrees Management did nothing...after numerous trips Oak Tavern will be removed from our regular rotation. Poor management style pervades at both Oak Tavern and River Oyster House. Miami is thankfully a large enough town where we can avoid ever returning to these establishments. POOR service should not be rewarded with return visits this owner operator shows he does not care.Special Features:
- Oak TavernDEEGDined on 10/13/2013I eat here quit a bit. I love the courtyard. The menu has many diverse tasty selections and the plate of the day is usually appealing. The prices are fair as well...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful setting with great foodChantalDined on 10/11/2013Loved the decor and ambiance of restaurant and bar area. Bartender John was very friendly and knowledgeable of the wine list and menu. We shared approximately 5 small plates, only one fell short of expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar and oysters! FoodGGmiamiDined on 10/6/2013Great Bar and oysters! Food and service were fair but the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:
- Service2402Dined on 10/6/2013The waiter forgot part of order. Was not available when needed. The restaurant was not busy and the staff was too casual. Not good management. A bus boy was on the main floor, a few feet from our table on his cell phone texting. The hostess was aloof and did not say good bye as we left. Overall they missed the mark in making site we had a good experience and make sure we came again.Special Features:
- Another great experienceCasualdiner1Dined on 9/29/2013We took friends who had never been to Oak Tavern before. To say the least, they were impressed with the food service and ambience. We had a great evening starting with drinks at the bar and then diningo outside. The octopus was especially tender and delicious and all main courses were also perfect. I don't think that you can go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Consistently goodCasualdiner1Dined on 9/24/2013Went for lunch and the menu is very well balanced and healthy. Plenty of salads and fish. The Thai spicy salad can be recommended and the Tuna sandwich is excellent. Service is always good here with the manager Marcos always around caring for his guests. Overall a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like the ambienceEchwDined on 9/19/2013Like the ambience, that night there was no hostess, so we just ask the waiter if we could seatdown since we had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good one in the Design DistrictJSeatsVIPDined on 9/13/2013A very good choice in the area. With Michaels, Oak Tavern, etc, Miami now has some very good - but not ridiculously ostentatious - restaurants. More emphasis on the food, less on the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Design District AdditionMiamiSpartanVIPDined on 9/13/2013A new entry to one of the hottest neighborhoods in Miami, it offers a friendly atmosphere, nice people, an interesting menu and a good value. We'll be regulars if we can get a reservation!Special Features:
- Fair Brunch. Nice atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/8/2013We went for brunch . Bread came with the order , not before ad it is supposed to. I asked for eggs ,soft. They came hard boiled . The waiter said he put the order in right. But offered no compensation,even thigh I left most of it over. Never asked if we wanted dessert or anything else. Nice atmosphere and relaxing ambience .but food was only average .Special Features:
- Horrible ManagementOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/8/2013This was my second time at Oak Tavern. The first time was pleasant and I was happy to return for brunch. My friend who was dining with me, was displeased with his meal, because they did not bring him what he ordered. The manager's reaction was to argue rather than correct the situation. Our server was great and you can tell he was scared of the management. There are so many amazing restaurants in Miami, that it's just not worth bothering with this one and giving business to people who don't appreciate it. To add insult to injury- he gave them an honest Yelp review and got a harassing message about it. RIDICULOUS!
- Used to be good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013It used to be a favorite place to go because of the food, service and ambiance. The food now is OK. The service was bad and we waited 30 minutes for our dessert (slice of key lime pie and peanut butter pie). Inside the noise level was loud and in the courtyard that used to be quite they added music and speakers. This is the second bad experience we have had here. We won't be coming back for a third strike out.Special Features:
- Good selection from the bar.goodfoodieDined on 9/3/2013Good selection from the bar. Delicious cocktails. Delicious food. Execellent service.Special Features:
- Our server Tristan was fantasticchristiekDined on 8/16/2013Our server Tristan was fantastic as was the food and the company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami spice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013We had a great Miami spice lunch here the other day. Christian was a very helpful and attentive server. Great food and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Oak TavernDEEGDined on 8/11/2013My first visit to OT. I had heard many good things about it. We chose to sit in the Graden. It was too cold inside and the music was too loud. My friend ordered a Manhattan; which he liked. We ordered the Country Rabbit Pate, Seasonal Salad, Chicken and Waffles, and the "SHAKSHUKA. Everything was good. The Shakshuka was a bit spicy and I was not warned about that. Good flavors, but too spicy for me. They seem to make most of things in-house. Which is a nice touch. The breads and the raspbery jam were especially good. We split a big piece of REAL chocolate cake. It was good. Overall, good service, nice garden, and good food at a reasonable price. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was impressed with the food...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013Being a foodie I love finding new places with great ambiance and excellent food. I came across with Oak Tavern during Miami Gallery Night and I was impressed with the service and the food. I asked the waiter to bring his recommendation from the menu and he did. Every single plate that we tasted was fantastic. The food melted in our moth, the combination of panceta over crusted bread and the sauce was to die for. The lobster was delicious and a reasonable price. The night ended up wifh happy tummies and a reasonable check. A place to must go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinggablesdebVIPDined on 8/7/2013Our first visit to Oat Tavern was so good that we came back a week later. This time we were very disappointed. 5 out of 6 people in our group ordered the Wednesday fried chicken special. Although we were told that the serving was 1/2 a chicken, it turned out to be 1/4 chicken. 4 of the 5 people got all dark meat, when they would have preferred white meat. Had they known that the serving was 1/4 chicken they would have requested white meat or ordered something else. Service this time was very slow, and the music was so loud that it was difficult to talk. We may try it again, but will be more careful when questioning the server about menu items.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2013I went for lunch and it was not bad at all. I ordered the oysters which were excellent and the thai crispy fish salad. The crispy snapper was perfect while the salad was a bit mushy. My friend ordered the ceviche and it was nicely prepared. I think dinner is probably better and I am sure this place is great for Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Good food, but some hit or missstoriesweloveDined on 8/5/2013We visited Oak Tavern for Miami Spice and had a pretty good experience. All of our starters were great, but main courses were a little off. Crab pasta was delicious but the black pasta was a little tough. The Thai snapper salad was incredible, though some of my party complained that the pieces of fried snapper made them feel as though they were eating chicken nuggets. Dessert was very good too. Coconut sorbet in particular was my favorite.Special Features:
- Great for FoodiesSavvyVIPDined on 8/4/2013Had such an awesome experience here the other night. Service was top notch and we all throughly enjoyed our dinner. We sampled most of the small plates. You can always tell when a restaurant is great when people are fighting over the last piece.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant.reviewer0Dined on 8/3/2013Our experiences at Oak continue to be consistently wonderful. The food is very good, the service is perfect, and the outdoor ambience is nice (indoor is too busy/noisy). This last visit was during Miami Spice, and the menu was exquisite. We've dined out all over Miami and abroad, so we're picky about where and what we eat. It takes just ONE bad experience and we never go back. Oak has become one of our favorite spots. Our waiter was incredibly attentive and thoughtful. Because an item had run out on the Miami Spice menu that we had ordered, he substituted it with something from the main menu that cost even more, and reimbursed us for a round of drinks. Now THAT'S taking care of your patrons and business. We will be returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTruffledkobefoiegrasDined on 7/21/2013We were blown away by the customer service. A mistake made by the kitchen was appropriately recognized and the meal was comped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FINDluvstoeatDined on 7/14/2013Absolutely outstanding. We took our son and his girlfriend to dinner and they were amazed I could have found such a great place!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/30/2013Our dinner was so good that we went for brunch on Sunday. If the Sunday Brunch was not so good then the dinner would have been a 5 star. The Brunch was a 10 star delish!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013Food was outstanding. Only disappointment was being sat 30 minutes late and server tried to up-sell on food rather than provide honest assessment of amount to order.Special Features:
- Great time at Oak TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2013Had a wonderful dinner at Oak Tavern. The food was really great, but a little heavy. The service was great, especially for Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for lunch, want to return forhellbenntDined on 6/26/2013Went for lunch; want to return for dinner. Also: going w/ more people would mean more plates to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1x out of 6, not bad?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2013Have eaten here @ least 6x & have introduced many friends to it. Last week was no different, except I was HIGHLY disappointed & embarrassed. Service was WAY off. From valet to host to waiter to valet again. Not sure if they were having an off night or cost cutting measures, but it wasn't the same restaurant I've enjoyed so much in the past. And, it was really expensive, which is even more upsetting. However, the food, when we did get it, was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2013Enjoyed a nice brunch with my parents this past Sunday. The food was very flavorful and we had good service. We all liked the decor which combined the brick and wood and made it feel very warm and cozy. I would have loved to have seen some fish offered at brunch - something other than smoked salmon...something cooked. Also the orange juice did not taste freshly squeezed, it tasted like it was from concentrate or store bought and was disappointing. Other than that, we really liked our meal and experience across the board. Will go back again to try dinner there soon.Special Features:
- Needs to improve executionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2013This place is nice and the menu certainly has all the keywords and menu items popular in cutting edge restaurants. However some of the items fall short of its description. Given the "elephant" on the same street it's hard not to find yourself comparing the merits of the dishes. Also it appears their kitchen has a hard time keeping up with the orders. Our server walked by us a million times trying to keep his tables happy awaiting the food. This is a great runner up spot when the elephant is full.Special Features:
- Hands down- the best brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2013Hands down- the best brunch in Miami. No need to go to that pretentious place up the street--Oak Tavern has an incredible menu (with real size portions) , great atmosphere and staff. They don't make you feel that they are doing you a favor by allowing you to eat at their restaurant like the guy down the street. The restaurant has a large court yard and large interior. You never feel as if you are sitting on top of someone--like the other guy down the street. Try the Blueberry pancakes or the coconut french toast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oak Tavern only gets betterJamesBrownInMiamiVIPDined on 5/26/2013I enjoyed another evening of great food and good company. The sausage meatball pizza is excellent. A must have.Special Features:
- Best design district restaurantRlasarteDined on 5/15/2013The food was amazing. We chose a variety of small dishes. They were all great, definitely get the maple bacon and stone crab crostini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous only one issueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2013The entire evening was wonderful...Food great, waiter attentive....However we were about 3/4 through our meal when another group arrived next to us. They began shifting the chairs, moving things around and making a disturbance with no regard to us. There was no supervision by the House to assist and the noise level was over the top. The restaurant then blasted the music to the point we could no longer hear each other. Good timing for us to finish our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseMiamiMommaDined on 5/3/2013We had a wonderful meal on an early Friday evening. We sat outside. The waiter was informative, cheerful, and quick. We ordered the chopped salad, beet salad and the sausage meatball pizza. I had a fantastic Manhattan that was a rare treat because it was made out of a rye and had a dark cherry rather than the usual boring stock maraschino cherry. We saw the Chef talking to the crowd which is always encouraging too. We've recommended it already to our neighbors and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2013So many restaurants try to pull a high price tag for their plates, but many fall short of delivering anything exceptional. Oak Tavern has exceptional service and a unique menu fit or any foodie. I do recommend sitting outside, which is very romantic and a great alternative to the very noisy indoor setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceKyleDined on 4/29/2013Everything about Oak Tavern was amazing. We ordered a couple of their specialty drinks, the green mile and moscow mule. Both were delicious. We started with a the heirloom tomatoes, steak tartar, and scallop crudo. They all were absolutely amazing. We then had the duck confit and yellow tail snapper for dinner. And finished with the fallen chocolate cake. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for great food, with a great attention to detail by the staff. Our waitress was one of the best I have had in a very long time.Special Features: