1555 Mission Drive
Solvang, CA 93463Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.succulentcafe.com/
- Phone: 8056919444x
- Hours of Operation:
Sat, Sun: 8:30am - 12:00pm (closed Tues)
M, W, Th, Fri 11:00am - 3:00pm (closed Tues)
Sat, Sun 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun 5:30pm - 9:00pm (closed Tues)
Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri, 11:00am - 9:00pm (closed Tues)
Sat, Sun 9:00am-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Brian Champlin/Cynthia Miranda-Champlin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Succulent offers a diverse list of catering options from full-service to fine food to-go, all focusing on seasonal produce and superior product. They are adaptable to your needs, and can deliver a perfect tailor-made solution for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: While Succulent is a very small cafe, they do offer private dining for the right client.
- Private Party Contact: Cynthia Champlin 8056919444x
A word from Succulent Cafe
Succulent Cafe is a family owned business that focuses on hand-crafted and local artisan products. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, they feature buttermilk biscuit sandwiches at breakfast, gourmet sandwiches and salads at lunch and appetizers, entrees and desserts at dinner. They have a number of hand crafted goods available including pickles and pickled vegetables, jams and jellies and artisan salts. They feature culinary baskets available for gifts and have a great selection of local wines. Their specialty is house cured meats and they feature a variety of farmstead cheeses all from the West Coast all available at the Charcuterie Bar. Food at breakfast and lunch is available to go. They also provide catering services and have a list of cheese & charcuterie platters, box lunches and sandwich platters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Succulent Cafe - Best Restaurants in Solvang ›
Succulent Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (17)romantic (12)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)good for groups (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful menu with beautifullyLoboVIPDined on 3/12/2014Wonderful menu with beautifully fresh ingredients. The beet salad was delicious and the presentation was lovely. We also had one of their flatbread pizzas and the maple bacon brusel sprouts. Really a wonderful dining experience,Special Features:
- Outrageously good food/wine/beerpwigginsDined on 3/8/2014Must Eat! Farm to table, seasonal menu. It's a must to eat here every time I'm in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLive2eatVIPDined on 3/7/2014Best charcuterie ever!!! Gorgeous presentation. Incredible pairing of flavors. The non veggie pizza was delicious, even for lunch the next day. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time- still very goodSteveVIPDined on 3/7/2014This was our second time at this restaurant. The service was great and the food was excellent. We took our leftovers home and enjoyed them the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure.FloydetteDined on 3/1/2014We always enjoy our evenings at Succulent. Breakfast is great too! The charcuterie is amazing every time, as are each of the entrees we have tried. Highly recommend going here. We will miss this place when we move!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great atmosphereOjaiHagarDined on 2/15/2014We've been to the restaurant 3 times. Twice for dinner and once for breakfast. Every single item that we ate was delicious! Make reservations in advance. This is now our most favorite restaurant and will always visit it on our quarterly visits to Solvang! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Solvang Valentine ...JamesJudeDined on 2/14/2014We had a great experience here on Valentine's (2014) ... the food was amazing, the service fantastic ... I have nothing but good things to say about this place ... a real surprise discovery in Solvang ... will definitely go back again and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFrecklesVIPDined on 2/14/2014We dined here with friends for Valentine 'a Day. The prix fixe menu was varied and delicious, the service was great and our friends thanked us for taking them here.. We will definitely dine here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, served warmJCDPDined on 1/25/2014This was my first time at Succulent Café. I thought the food was excellent, however the plates and food itself was not as hot as one would expect. The chef's creative, the waitstaff is attentive and the ambience is creative food. We will be back to see if the temperature issue was a fluke or design issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIT FOR FOODIES!PearlsMomDined on 1/23/2014Succulent is a favorite Solvang eatery. They participated in the Santa Ynez Valley Restaurant Week and for $20.14 we received a fabulous 3-course meal. The bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin was fabulous. The broccoli cheddar soup was thick, creamy and full of flavor. The cinnamon donut holes topped off a wonderful meal. And by the way, don't miss their breakfasts...the best biscuits I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dry Meatloafluv2eatoutVIPDined on 1/18/2014This place has a lot of potential and could cause a “foodie” revaluation in the beautiful hamlet of Solvang. As an appetizer we ordered the 2x2 charcuterie plate and it was absolutely amazing. Then for the main course I ordered the meatloaf, which I was told is their signature dish. I’m sorry to say it was disappointing, in that it was very dry. My husband had the pork belly, and he liked it. Overall we liked the restaurant, and would go again the next time we are in Solvang.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a reservation for 6pmLizaLeeDined on 1/18/2014Had a reservation for 6pm and was promptly seated when we arrived. This is a quaint little place with the lights down low for a romantic atmosphere, but I found it so dark I couldn't even read the menu. Ordered the beet salad and a pork pizza...both were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFood4thoughtDined on 1/5/2014This is probably one if not my favorite place to go and eat in the Valley. Food is outstanding, staff is great, everything is always extraordinary. Job well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodJabiruDined on 1/2/2014Meal was great as always. We live in Solvang and this is our very favorite place to eat out especially for lunch or dinner and to entertain out of town guests as we did on his occasion. Have tried everything on the menu and never been disappointed. Do not miss the bacon wrapped diver scallops as a starter, they are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return customersFoodyVIPDined on 12/27/2013Food is creative and delicious. Staff is friendly. Always a treat and we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent, service veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2013Food excellent, service very good, food came out a little slow - we will happily returnSpecial Features:
- Pork Belly Heaven in SolvangHappyClamDined on 12/26/2013My beloved and I made our 2nd trip to this dining wonderland, in Solvang (2 down 100 to go). This restaurant is always the highlight of our trip. Everything from the extensive wine list, bacon garnished bloodies, rainbow-fied charcuterie plates, pork belly porchetta, almond joy creme brûlée and those baby biscuits served while you wait for dinner are just a start to a long relationship with this restaurant. You MUST come here along with all the great mom and pop Danish bakeries and wine bars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Wait to go back.ValleygirlzDined on 12/20/2013Good wine, good food, great company. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Too slow and noisyjcdboDined on 12/14/2013We went for the food and were not disappointed. However dinner service for 4 of us took over 21 minutes to arrive (we timed it) . The time waiting could have been spent with good conversation but it was impossible to talk because of the building acoustics and the crowd.Special Features:
- Dinner with Foodie FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013We are Sta Ynez residents and had been to Succulent once before and wanted to go back and share the great food with our friends. They are in the hospitality business so have eaten everywhere and are quite discerning foodies. Every menu item we had was delicious, the daily special pizza, short ribs, pasta special, fish dish and desserts. We are happy to have another great dining option in the Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Saturday Nite Dinner To RememberVintnerMDDined on 12/7/2013This Solvang restaurant has a relaxed feel, an Imaginative menu and a impressive wine lists of the best local wineries. The service was very friendly from an experienced staff. I had the rack of lamb which was exceptional and my wife had the beef tenderloins which she enjoyed. The duck confit crepe appetizer was perfection! The food is great value for the quality. Every meal is presented with homemade biscuits and jelly. One of the best restaurants in the area serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in separate areas including a lovely outside patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something special in SolvangMaryDined on 12/7/2013Interesting menu, well executed. Nice sized portions. Food is delicious and well prepared, with something for everyone. I think the appetizers are a bit "overdone" - meaning too many ingredients, trying to make something exotic that is best served simpler. The desserts are excellent. Corkage is $20, which is too high for this type of restaurant. Have been there only for dinner, but will try breakfast and lunch. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome!ftsmjsVIPDined on 12/1/2013We were greeted with a smile. Our server was wonderful! The menu had a variety including vegetarian dishes. Would recommend this to anyone visiting the area.Special Features:
- SPECTACULAROpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/29/2013We have been for dinner three times and lunch three times now and each time has been absolutely supreme. Fresh ingredients, creative preparations, delicious execution, and friendly and knowledgable service. Best place to eat within 15 miles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in SolvangRicojnDined on 11/23/2013Portland in Solvang. Best breakfast in the area, but I wish they could fix eggs other than poached. Luch is fabulous with a great selection. Meat loaf to die for. Bisquets are served at breakfast and dinner.Special Features:
- All around greatMmmmmmmDined on 11/16/2013The menu is thoughtful and delicious. Service is prompt. Atmosphere is casual yet classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantMikeDined on 11/15/2013My girlfriend and I ate here on Friday night and loved it. She had the sea bass and I had the chicken flatbread special. Both were outstanding. The mini biscuits they serve as bread are great as is the dipping sauce they provided. Prices were reasonable. Not a fancy/stuffy place at all. Somewhat plain inside but it had a nice ambiance. Great food, nice staff...works for me!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotSharonDined on 11/1/2013We love the expanded dining area. The service was great and the servers knew how to ensure we had the right spot in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Loved everything about Succulent!TinkerbellpowersDined on 10/25/2013Dining experience was wonderful from the moment we walked in on Friday evening. Staff was very attentive and friendly from the host to Ashley our server to Robert the manager. Everyone knew their role and played it perfectly. The food was out of this world. The tiny biscuits with wine jam were a nice accompaniment to our wine. The appetizers - beet salad and crepes with goat cheese and dates- were inventive and delicious. Note: the menu changes so if these are not available try what's offered. The scallops with bacon were yummy and the lamb was amazing. Everything was well prepared and graciously served. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful. This would be my favorite place at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good anytime of dayBobcatjunyaDined on 10/5/2013They have the best eggs benedict, great lunch choices and wonderful dinner selections. Everything is always beautiful to look at and tastes even better. Reservations are a good idea for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Combination &Sublime MealTalissaDined on 10/4/2013What a delight when there is a selection of dishes that are cleverly innovative in their combinations and in the hands of an excellent chef who will do them justice. Olives marinated in fennel and orange: selection of olives, green and ripe paired with homemade crostini. We had fun picking our favorites; all were delicious. I lived in Italy 20 yr so was hesitant but the pasta was sublime: pappardelle were homemade, asparagus thin, market fresh and tender-crisp, mushrooms flavorful, walnuts crunchy, parsley fresh, and the blue cheese was the crowning achievement of the dish- just enough to add a bit of zing, making the dish outstanding. Robert's (the sommelier) recommendation for wine was spot on: Ampelos Pinot Noir which combined expertly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayChiefDined on 9/27/2013not what I expected at all, noisy, small old tables, cramped and uncomfortable, poor use of space and terrible hard chairs. the server was good but forgot several things through the evening. My girl nearly froze under a vent before i switched seats with her. not the Anniversary expeirence I wanted at all. Should have gone down the road to the Hitching Post.Special Features:
- Luscious and fun!JimsmomVIPDined on 9/26/2013Delicious, expertly prepared food with imaginative and exciting flavor combinations. Plenty of variety on menu, yet not an overwhelming number of dishes. Fabulous wine list, loaded with local gems at reasonable prices. Exceptional service and hospitaly. Host/owner/sommelier Robert was warm, welcoming, and extremely knowledgeable about every menu item and wine. We felt like we were celebrity guests in his home! Our selections -- house-made charcuterie, butternut squash ravioli in a sage mornay sauce, porchetta with white beans, chocolate cinnamon creme brulee, Longoria Syrah '05. All killer delicious! Must return. Often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerFromSYDined on 9/21/2013A group of us had an outstanding dinner here this weekend. Everyone's entrée was delicious, as were the appetizers. A bit on the pricey side, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThermometersnathanDined on 9/21/2013I recommend using a thermometer when cooking the chicken. They brought to my wife and I the fried chicken and they was still bleeding. They took them back and returned they still bleeding. We ended up changing our orders to meatloaf and the short ribs. All of this could have been prevented had they used a thermometer. Other than that the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with basicsFrequentShowDinerVIPDined on 9/21/2013We love this little place, recently enlarged, the wait staff was extremely courteous and solicitous. Our short ribs and pork were tender and the sides were delicious. The pasta, however, was a BIG disappointment. It was a Tiny portion and was VERY overcooked. I'd recommend sticking to the basics next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2013We have been coming here since the first days of operations and have never been let down. Outstanding food and a great wine list. If you have a chance attend one of their winery dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always stop here when in SolvangOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2013Their lamb is the best I've ever had. Amazing! A foodies delight. Pleasant staff and they've expanded and added a much larger dining area. I always try to stop here when in Solvang.Special Features:
- a great findMaryDined on 9/6/2013Interesting food - nice choices, good-sized portions and reasonable prices. Nice alternative choice in Solvang.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would definitely go back1234Dined on 8/31/2013Interesting menu, all fresh ingredients. The Sea Bass with Pinot Noir shallot reduction was cooked to perfection and paired nicely with Fiddlehead 728. The lox pizza was delicious. Short ribs tasty sauce, my friend would have liked to have the fat trimmed. Tiny biscuits with jam an interesting starter. Knowledgeable owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.