The Smith - Lincoln Center
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Smith - Lincoln Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesmithnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124965700
- Hours of Operation:
M-W: 7:30 a.m. – midnight
Th & Fri: 7:30 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Sat: 10 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Sun: 10 a.m. – midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brian Ellis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact our events coordinator for all of your off site catering needs. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: May Cohen email@example.com 2129663250
A word from The Smith - Lincoln Center
The Smith is a casual American Brasserie with three upbeat locations in New York City: The Smith East Village, The Smith Midtown and The Smith Lincoln Center. Utilizing local products and purveyors, the breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner menus feature a selection of familiar bistro dishes. Diners at The Smith Lincoln Center can also choose from our hand-picked wine list and full raw seafood bar. The Smith attracts colleagues for a drink after work, business dinners, a quick bite or drink before a show, late night revelers, families for Sunday brunch and more. Offering private rooms at all locations, guests can stop by for all occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Smith - Lincoln Center - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Square ›
The Smith - Lincoln Center reviews from OpenTable diners
625 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (311)great for brunch (270)neighborhood gem (217)great for lunch (206)good for groups (203)hot spot (177)fit for foodies (133)vibrant bar scene (117)kid-friendly (91)late-night find (84)special occasion (61)scenic view (47)romantic (21)notable wine list (19)Show More
- The SmithshellsterDined on 8/21/2014Nice varied menu, nice service, good outdoor dining. Moderate prices.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualtupelohoneyDined on 8/19/2014I'm at the Smith 2-3 times per month. It's one of my go-to spots. Love it.Special Features:
- SpariglioDined on 8/18/2014Cibo e servizio ottimi, ambiente un po' rumoroso. Prezzo non proprio a buon mercato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy & priceyjillianVIPDined on 8/18/2014We ate there because we've passed it many times and it's always busy. Seemed to have a very good vibe. While the food was good, it was extremely expensive for what it was. Not worth the money we spent on 2 salads and drinks.
- The Smith Hits the Right NotesdiniVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great outdoor dining in the heart of the Lincoln Center area...service is friendly and attentive, the menu is diverse, and whether you are hankering for a salad, burger, oysters, or a fine piece of salmon, you will find it here, along with a great selection of wines by the glass. The tempranillo was spicy and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot on!kittyDined on 8/17/2014The Smith exceeded my expectation. Went here entertaining out of town guests and was not disappointed. The service was great, food was outstanding, I gave 4 stars for ambiance as we were seated in the far back of the restaurant, I felt like I was at the little kid table during the holidays. Everything else was so spot of!!! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/20143rd time for brunch outside and always great Noise level too loud for our one-time dinner insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGolfDined on 8/17/2014Went for Sunday brunch and ate outside. Great service and food. Try an order of the mini carrot cake donuts for the table. Check out the photo booth in the restroom. Just a nice, fun place to cap off our visit to New York. Not touristy. I would say most guests were locals. Very friendly and competent service. Even brought me a birthday donut complete with candle.Special Features:
- great breakfastPeterVIPDined on 8/17/2014we were the first people in so our service was excellent. All four meals were superb, including pancakes, corned beef hash and croque madam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Smith but it's so noisy!LorettaDined on 8/16/2014The food is terrific - especially the mussels, the ricotta gnocchi, the fries, and the paella. But, the noise level is totally off the charts. Help!!!! You can't hear yourself think, let alone have a conversation. And, the back section of the restaurant is far worse than the front. "Energetic" is not an apt description for the noise in this place. It's LOUD, LOUD, LOUD! But, I like the food and the feel of the restaurant and will continue to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningbeachgirlDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is across from Lincoln Center, which is what we wanted. Service was quick, the waitress very pleasant. We ordered a soup and pasta and both were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSteveVIPDined on 8/15/2014My first during the week breakfast at The Smith. Great for it not to be packed for once. Service and food was solid as always.Special Features:
- The SmithSilverVIPDined on 8/14/2014I love The Smith Lincoln Center. The hosts and wait staff are great. The food is consistently good! I never have any complaints about The Smith, except that the noise level is high, so it's difficult to converse if your party is larger than 2.Special Features:
- Best spot near Columbus CircleCatInTheBagVIPDined on 8/14/2014Delicious food; wonderful view; new york's version of dining on the champs élysées...perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Service was great - engaged and spot-on, made for a great lunch and only enhanced the awsome food. Could live on the chips and fried peppersSpecial Features:
- Boys night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Every other month 6 of us get together in Manhattan for a "boy's night out". We always pick a new restaurant. The Smith was an excellent choice. Food was excellent. Noise level was low enough that we could hear our conversations. Service was also excellent. Would highly recommend this to anyone that wants a great casual dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Sunday LunchGoodNeighboursVIPDined on 8/10/2014We arrived a little late for our 1 p.m. reservation but that did not pose a problem and we were seated reasonably promptly. We were served by a pleasant waiter David/Dave who took our order - this is where the service fell down - it took nearly 40 minutes for our very simple order of hamburgers. David/Dave assured us that we would have our food shortly as they were putting the fries on the plate. It took nearly another 10 mins for it to arrive. Once it arrived it was very good. But we did have to hurry to eat as we had to be somewhere by 3 p.m. Coffee arrived very quickly and was excellent, but again it was hurried due to our deadline. This is not my first time at Smith and no doubt it will not be my last!Special Features:
- worst brunch everwotjqtjDined on 8/10/2014the place was very loud... it was just LOUDx1000000. I've never been to a place loud like this. It literally hurt your ears and you can't even talk to your friends sitting right next to you! When I requested patio sitting, the hostess sounded irritated and told us to wait. We did not have time to wait for 40 min on Sunday morning so we sat inside. Do not go there unless you are sitting at patio. After we sat, our server brought 2 water glass jars and told us one is for purified water and the other is for sparkling water. Both of them were just plain water. No sparkling water at all! lol! The food were decent, but they were not as awesome as to overcome the noise level and bad service. I would never go back there!
- Sunday Brunchjc41Dined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed Sunday brunch on the terrace. Kid friendly with our 18 month old grand daughter. Although it was crowded, the food arrived quickly and was steaming hot. Recommend the homemade chips with blue cheese fondue as an appetizer. A quick walk from our apartment and will return again.Special Features:
- disappointingjk1000Dined on 8/9/2014This was my second try at the Smith, and my last. Both times the food was inexplicably mediocre, even bad. The flavors are off, a seemingly fool-proof dish like lamb chops sat uneaten because it was so bland and the flavors unharmonious. We enjoyed the service (great wait staff) and get that the ambience is appealing (though crazy noisy, in both the lincoln center and E50th locations), but who wants a mediocre meal when there is so much good food in Manhattan. And we still payed a hefty bill, way out of line with what we were served.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014TOO LOUD....or maybe I'm too old. Had to scream to talk at dinner. Food was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winner EverytimebschDined on 8/9/2014I love The Smith, each location has a unique vibe. Had an early dinner the Lincoln Center location, celebrating a bachelorette. Fun cocktails, portions are large enough to share all around and the service was fantastic. Will recommend every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/8/2014Our server was good; however, drinks were quite slow. Our meals were quite good, but not great. It's a very large restaurant that feels even bigger based on the noise level.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD, BIG PORTIONSnewyorker10021VIPDined on 8/7/2014SO, its good food and service, indoor and outdoor tables, and the best place to go with people you do not want to talk to. You won't be able to hear them, nor will your guests hear you. The noise is deafening and if you are part of the 30-40 crowd, you will love it. Rght? but for those who have grandchildren, old enough to have careers, the noise is intolerable.Special Features:
- good experienceScooterDined on 8/6/2014good food, attentive service, fun - convenient to Lincoln Center - only issue was noise level which made it difficult to have a conversation (we sat in the back)Special Features:
- ArteVIPDined on 8/6/2014the staff did everything to make our visit wonderfulSpecial Features:
- A neighborhood gem for sure!MSPMomDined on 8/4/2014The Smith is one of our favorite go to restaurants. It's always great, simply put. The steak salad and beer battered green beans are a must and will never let you down.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceoliveoilDined on 8/3/2014Dear Waitress, you may be coming to the end of your shift and be tired, I'm sorry about that. However, I'd raved about The Smith to friends from overseas so we thought we would pop in for an early dinner. The waitress was distracted, bored and we had to constantly ask for things.. water... drinks... to order.. It was embarrassing. It all changed when the next shift came on and we had a very nice waiter. But come on... Also hadn't realized the menu was different on a sunday so no shrimps and grits and the salad I ordered was all leaves and no ingredients. A disappointing visit.
- NYfoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014If you like lots of noise and people...this is the place for you... Good choices for brunch/lunch... Sooooo crowded service was on the SLOW side... My sunny side up eggs were hard and not runny...another order came out wrong ....manager apologized and sent over free dessert and coffee and we were not charged for the mixup... Would go back again because we like the food but maybe not Sunday brunch....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Smith is greatNancyDined on 8/2/2014Eat outside as it's very loud inside. The food was excellent. I had the gnocchi which was very tasty. Our waitress was attentive and sweet. We would definitely go back when going to Lincoln Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowd PleaserPhilbo130Dined on 7/31/2014The Smith is one of our go-to restaurants when friends are visiting from out of town. The food is incredibly good (although slightly indulgent), and there is something for everyone. One of our fave spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By Far the Best in NYCtunein2tdineVIPDined on 7/30/2014Whether you are on Paleo, a foodie, interested in trying anything on the menu, or a bar scene groupie, The Smith - Lincoln Center is the place to be. It is great for after work, meeting up having an informal meeting, and of course, GREAT FOOD! It can be a little noisy for most to handle but it is a great crowd of professionals with some minor spots of tourists. The kale and quinoa salad, brussel sprouts, steak, grilled shrimp, and deviled eggs are absolutely scrumptious. You won't regret spending time and a few dollars here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place near Lincoln CenterBabetteVIPDined on 7/30/2014Love that the Smith is so close to Lincoln Center...needed a place like this for yearsSpecial Features:
- Always a favoriteUWSnomsDined on 7/30/2014Wonderful as usual; wish they served the candied bacon at breakfast and not just brunch though.Special Features:
- Delicious.LoveFood123Dined on 7/29/2014We had a cute table for two outside. I literally can't stop thinking about my meal it was THAT good. We ordered the seared tuna salad, watermelon salad, spicy salmon tartar, brussell sprouts & creamed kale. To top it off, our waiter brought us a complimentary dessert! We ate it all. Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Great Brunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014My husban a I go to the restaurant for brunch on our aniversary. It was very good place, the food was excellent. I will come back in other trip to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014We always enjoy this restaurant. We were early for our reservation but didn't have to wait long for a table. The Paella, available only on Saturday, was delicious.Special Features:
- disappointing visitshiboVIPDined on 7/26/2014my husband and i were in the UWS one day and decided to stick around for dinner because we had had such an amazing meal here the last time we were in the area. in fact, we were breaking a fast, so really looking forward to dinner. too bad everything was pretty disappointing. we had to wait 20 minutes for a table (when we had reservations and tables were clearly free), the service was slow/uninterested, his caesar salad was SOAKED in dressing (really unappealing), the cavatelli was too salty, and the grilled shrimp was tasteless. this visit was a total bust.Special Features:
- Variety and ReliabledoUluvsteakNseafoodDined on 7/26/2014The donuts with chocolate dip--are a must have. From the standard Menu items (such as steak salad and burgers) to the brunch specials (pecan pancakes and strawberry waffles) everything is delicious. The service was timely and excellent, but you never felt rushed. It was great to see such a crowded establishment with the kitchen and staff so well equipped to handle it. You're in the middle of Lincoln Center and there are five other restaurants in view (all of a pretty high caliber) and yet The Smith is not stuffy int he least, equally good for young adults in the mood for drinking options or for those adults who are bringing the kids. I suggest making a reservation (they will keep track of it at this location unlike the midtown east one).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many decibels!TAstyDined on 7/26/2014The main complaint is the noise level is ear splitting. So loud we almost left. The food was plain but well-prepared. Good fries and the medium rare steak was actually medium rare. The agave lemonade with mint was fabulous! Our waitress was great. My elderly, picky mother fussed over her salad and the waitress picked up on her unhappiness and took the initiative to help her exchange her salad for something else without double-charging her. The waitress was wonderfully sensitive and helpful. The busboy, on the other hand, was slow to respond to a request for a clean fork. Instead of giving me one from the table he was setting, next to us, he finished that setting and returned 5-10 minutes later with a fork. Not logical, to say the least.Special Features: