19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe
Harveys Lake Tahoe Hwy 50
Stateline, NV 89449Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harveystahoe.com/casinos/harveys-lake-tahoe/restaurants-dining/19-kitchen-bar-detail.html
- Phone: 7755882411x
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: Tuesday to Thursday 4:30pm - 10pm Friday and Saturday 4:30pm - 11pm
Dinner : Tuesday to Thursday 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Friday and Saturday 5:30pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Gerry Evangelista
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from 19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe
At 19 Kitchen * Bar, located on the 19th floor of Harvey's hotel, you'll find spectacular views of the Lake and an eclectic and welcoming menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe - Best Restaurants in Stateline ›
19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)special occasion (70)romantic (66)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Amazing views at sunset!TahoeblueDined on 7/26/2014It was a special occasion and 19 made it extra special! The service, food and ambience was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatoutfoodieguruDined on 7/26/2014Awesome as always! Abalone was fantastic...not as good during New Years but great last week!Special Features:
- What a view!JustMeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great scenic view high atop Harveys and right near the Lake. Treated like royalty from the time we walked into the venue. Great selection of wines by the glass. Excellent, diverse menu selections. Our server, Brian, was spot on .. just the right amount of professionalism, charisma, charm and knowledge. The food was delicious .. just an all around fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Would not go againSophiesChoiceDined on 7/23/2014The food at 19 Kitchen & Bar is good but not great and definitely not worth the prices they charge. There is a beautiful view of Lake Tahoe; however, because we had a party of six we could not sit by the window. Window tables only accommodate up to a party of 4. We assumed, incorrectly, that this was an upscale restaurant and we dressed accordingly. However, that is not the case as we saw many diners in shorts, flip-flops, etc. The service was quite slow so we were there much longer than we anticipated. I would not recommend this to anyone unless you enjoy spending $50+ for a steak you can find almost anywhere.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!PiterVIPDined on 7/22/2014Love this venue, foot is great, views are amazing and Men, don't miss the surprise waiting for you in the bathroom!!?? I only wish the ladies room had something interesting. Special treat was the yummy pink cotton candy that melts in your mouth, I haven't had cotton candy in years and this was better than I ever remembered!!! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Amazing dinner with fantastic viewsMFRANMDined on 7/18/2014Had reservations for a Friday evening at 7PM. We were seated immediately. The view was beautiful and the food was excellent. I had the veal chop and guest had the lamb. The portions were quite large and for me, it was one of the best meals I've had in a very long time.Special Features:
- Wow!larryc518aolcomVIPDined on 7/18/2014The views are spectacular, the food is great, the only problem is the noise. They should not put small groups and large groups in the same area. When they do you cannot have a conversation with the person next to you!Special Features:
- good to badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014started out fabulous but once they got busy the service went down hill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Service & High CostluvspanielsDined on 7/16/2014We had friends in town in mid-July and took them to 19 Kitchen after our fantastic experience there in early June. What a disappointment this time. We were 6 minutes ahead of the opening and the hostess said to wait in the bar area. After 15 mins, we went up to find out about our reservation and she had forgotten we were even there. Our server didn't bring our salads for 50 minutes after he took our order and only remembered after I asked him if we were getting those ahead of the meal. Also, the menu on a Wednesday had risen in price by 40% over what it was just 4 weeks early. Talk about gouging during tourist season. The view is spectacular, but the poor service and price gouging will ensure we don't go again until late September.Special Features:
- Over PricedTravelerDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant itself is very nice. The prices were over the top. For a same steak (for example) at other fine dining restaurants would be about $15.00 or less. Only two or three entrees came with sides, such as vegetables or potatoes, the rest was totally ale carte. We don't mind ale carte for the most part, as wee don't usually care for the sides, but when you have a steak for example, and that is the only thing on the plate for $50.00, it's out of line. We will NOT go back. It's a total rip-off. We saw others around us order just appetizers, and no wine or drinks, and that was it. So I doubt we were the only customers who felt that way. Couple others had just soup and salad, where as a couple others split an entrée. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!Special Features:
- Tranquil SettingsanjosejazzDined on 7/9/201419 is an absolutely wonderful restaurant. The lake view, service and food are a must. I highly recommend the sea bass with risotto. At the end of your meal they bring you their signature cotton candy. It melts in your mouth instantly. Be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!!!KathyODined on 7/8/2014Excellent Everything! A must eat when in S Lake Tahoe! It's our new fave restaurant & the absolute best in everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in TahoeLaraDined on 7/8/2014Great food, great view, and great service. It is perfect for a special occasion which we celebrated. They have $20 corkage fee with your own bottle of wine. Highly recommend for sunset.Special Features:
- bad service, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014My girlfriend and I ate here on July 5 and things started off well: our salads were tasty and our server was friendly. Then things went downhill: my braised salmon was badly under-seasoned. I'm truly not sure there was any salt in the dish. Worse, after bringing the food the server disappeared for so long that I couldn't even get my hands on any table salt. So I gave up on enjoying my $38 entree. Bummer. The view was nice , though.Special Features:
- GREAT VIEWtbone59Dined on 7/5/2014The food was very good. The view was really nice. Prices were a little too high. Some entrees served without side dishes.Special Features:
- Dumb personJerryDined on 7/5/2014As a 7 star member at Harrah's with an early reservation, the seating person insisted on seating next to a party of about 35 and insisted in her restaurant that was the only seat available for us so we walked at 5:45PM in an empty restaurant.
- Lovely setting and views of Lakefood4thoughtDined on 7/4/2014Food was good, but way too long a wait between salad and entre. Waiter forgot our drinks and didn't check back with us until the entre was served, and even then we had to have the server tell him we still didn't have our wine. On the up side, my steak was prepared to perfection and accompanying sides were excellent. We are not extremely demanding, but when paying a high price for fine dining, we expect to have attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Abalone is amazing!!DebbieMauiDined on 7/4/2014My husband and I went here for our 6 year wedding anniversary. What a beautiful place with beautiful views. The best!! They do have a dress code so come prepared. Great wine, great food and great ambiance!! I have always wanted to try abalone and it was wonderful. Definitely worth the money!!Special Features:
- wonderful food outstanding viewwabash21VIPDined on 7/3/2014The ribeye was wonderful, cooked perfect. Great salads can't wait to go back. The view of lake Tahoe breathtakingSpecial Features:
- elaynmarieDined on 6/25/2014Beautiful view high above Lakr Tahoe. Attentive service and good, but pricey food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive...StaciallyseDined on 6/24/2014We live in Reno and purchased a Living Social voucher. We normally drive up to Tahoe a couple times a year and this was the perfect excuse to get out of town. The Maitre 'd, Bo Young, was friendly and professional and we enjoyed our conversation with her. Our server, Jimmy, was also great. The view was beautiful and food spectacular! Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the 19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe reviews archive.
- Panoramic views of Lake Tahoe!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Magnificent view and great for celebrating special occasions! My husband had the rib eye and said it was cooked to perfection. I had salmon that was equally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 19 Kitchen- Lake TahoesheathrnDined on 6/17/2014Beautiful view, excellent fine dining food. Service was top notch and the waitstaff very attentive. Was disappointed in the midweek "Bistro" menu. Very minimal choices for dinner. The waitstaff, however, went out of their way to make sure I got what I requested. I always check menu choices before going to a restaurant and their website said nothing about a different menu for during the midweek. Nothing I saw on the Bistro menu was I had chosen from the web menu. Although, as I said, they went out of their way to make me happy. I stronly suggest this restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AppetizersSloreeDined on 6/11/2014The View of Lake Tahoe at sunset is the main focus, but the food was very good too. We shared several small plates with the seafood crepes being a favorite. It was a birthday celebration and rather than have cake, we were served fresh warm donuts with dipping sauces. Fabulous.Special Features:
- Bad for special dietMjamgbDined on 6/11/2014Food has a significant pre-prepared component according to staff so special dietary needs are handled by removing the offending sauce or other "interesting" part of dish. Restaurant was not busy but so-called chef was not interested in making a sauce fresh for the dish. At $50 a plate I expect a lot more than Applebee's.
- Great food, service, and view!bena21596Dined on 6/10/2014Great ambiance. Went out with some friends for a fancy dinner and found this restaurant online. It was a great way to add to our fun while visiting Tahoe. The food was excellent from the appetizers to desserts. Our waiter Brian was great and very patient and accomidating to all of our questions. The view is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014Great food, great view, great service. sea bass is a must haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time Dining HereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Ate here two years ago for the first time with my mom on our yearly Tahoe trip and really enjoyed it. Last year we tried somewhere else, which just didn't compare. We returned this year and were very glad we did. We shared the 20 oz. Ribeye with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. Everything was excellent. Definitely try the fresh doughnuts for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyTahoeDawnDined on 6/5/2014I had to sea bass which was off the charts delicious! Service was amazing, the restaurants gorgeous. My only comment would be from the 19th floor looking down on Lake Tahoe it sure would be great if they would wash the windows!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingFoodieDined on 6/4/2014wonderful dinner - superb presentation - beautiful views... 19 Kitchen was recommended by a local vendor and she was spot on!!Special Features:
- Dining on the HighKenzudinerDined on 5/31/2014If you want a special dining experience... this is the place. The food, service, and the view are all five star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerManbeastDined on 5/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here today. Lobster corn chowder was superb. Dinner salad also excellent. My scallops were very good. My wife had the salmon w/ lemon caper sauce and we both felt that the sauce was maybe a bit uninspired. We live on the California coast so perhaps our expectations for sea food dishes are strenuous. Service was great, view was spectacular and the service spot on.Special Features:
- Food selectionfatmanDined on 5/27/2014Bistro menu during our dinner didn't have selection we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing veiwnjoyeatinggourmetDined on 5/27/2014A fabulous view of Lake Tahoe. Should have stayed for the sunset. Waiter was very personable and food was fantastic. Decided to forego the wine as prices are pretty high, but the entree filled us up nicely.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Took my wife to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. We were seated on time. Our server, Mylan, was awesome, food was awesome, sunset and lake views were incredible. We had a very great experience there. The food was fresh, flavorful, and pleasing to our palette. I am a chef so kudos to the chefs and kitchen staff of 19 Kitchen. All in all a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing place to celebrate10readytogoDined on 5/24/201419 Kitchen & Bar is an exquisite place to celebrate those amazing milestones in one's life or simply to just spoil ourselves. The food is definitely in competition for the 4-5 stars. If you get the privilege to sit at the window, the view of Lake Tahoe from the 19th floor at sunset is one you will truly remember. We had the surf & turf and the seared ahi tuna with prawns and mango slaw. No food was left on the plate, licked clean, too good to leave any behind. We highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 19 KitchenDinerKDined on 5/22/2014Outstanding view of the lake and mountains. Menu was unique. I had abalone which was prepared very well. My wife had the pork chop, tender and juicy. Great service.Special Features:
- THe 19 KitchenMiasVIPDined on 5/20/2014The views of Lake Tahoe are Fantastic. We had sea bass with lobster corn chowder and it was wonderful. Service is great. Prices are what you would expect in a good restaurant.Special Features:
- RCC5Dined on 5/16/2014Great food, outstading view of the lake and Tahoe basin.Special Features:
- best in TahoePugDaddyDined on 5/9/2014If you are looking for that spot to spend a romantic sunset, this is it. The food , the staff, the view!!! Our experience here was amazing. When asked if you would like desert don't say no, this one time give in and say yes to the doughnuts. Thank you Amber and to all the staff that participated in my memorable experience. TomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.