Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
8111 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nsgrillpc.com/
- Phone: 2143791111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Richard Blankenship
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
Nick & Sam's Grill delivers an energetic, comfortable bistro ambiance with sleek, sensual design and staff trained to deliver personal service offering an Park Cities neighborhood "Cheers-like" atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (22)great for brunch (19)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (17)hot spot (17)notable wine list (15)romantic (15)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- My experience was ruined duelove2eatoutDined on 11/30/2012My experience was ruined due to their poor valet service. My car took 30 minutes to pull up from Valet. They kept bring up cars that gave their ticket after me. When I let them know this they just said well we don't have walky talkies and I don't really know where your car is. I missed a doctors appointment due to this so I will not return to the restaurant if they continue with this valet service.
- My lunch was fantastic! TryEatoftenVIPDined on 11/26/2012My lunch was fantastic! Try the guyere biscuits! To die for!Special Features:
- Only So-so Nick and Sam'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2012I expected much more for a $100+ meal for two. The drinks were so so. The salads were small and unoriginal. Both our main courses were cold. Sadly, we will not be returning.
- Good food , the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2012Good food , the service was great and the variety OK.Special Features:
- Excellent service, waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2012Excellent service, waiter had a great personality and the food, everything we ordered, was outstanding!Special Features:
- Decent but expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012Nice finish out. Kind of a strange location. Did a good job w the outdoor patio area. Need to valet. Steak was decent. Nothing special for a 40 dollar tenderloin. Calamari was too tricked out with salad mixed in and surprisingly grapes. I like a good crisp calamari with a good sauce to dip. The salad mixed in only made it soggy. Chicken looked like it was the best item on the menu. All in all it was decent but w hillside and r&d across the street. They're gonna have a hard time.Special Features:
- I would not recommend thisDallasdinerVIPDined on 11/18/2012I would not recommend this restaurant. Our waiter recommendations (2) both turned out to be "out of". But then when the bill came we were charged with those two out-of items. Plus.... when the manager made amends by serving us free desserts, the bill included charges for those desserts. Following, a scramble between two "managers" and the waiter to find why the mistakes and how to correct them was truly a 3-Stooges act. When orders were finally served, the food was only average. The restaurant interior is lovely, but the noise level is "loud". I understand the place is relatively new, like a couple of months -- but the internal communications are really bad. It was not a happy dining experience.
- New location has great potentialdjbiloDined on 11/18/2012The new location has great potential. A few minor adjustments to the temperature of side dishes and following the menu recipes without leaving out noted ingredients and the place will be truly outstanding. Very attentive and concerned wait wtaff.Special Features:
- The food that was served toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2012The food that was served to us was inedible, it was returned. The manager offered us another dish but we had already lost our desire
- My lunch experience was positive,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/13/2012My lunch experience was positive, enjoyable but not outstanding. Service staff were friendly, helpful and courteous, but still finding their "sea legs" - eg no spoons with soup initially. Lunch soups were superb but sandwiches were average and forgettable. The open face steak sandwich should a "signature" lunch menu item but was disappointing. I look forward to trying again to see how it develops.
- Slow, brought wrong entrees,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012Slow, brought wrong entrees, chicken like shoe leather, offered to bring us free dessert which I declined, they brought it anyway. Could have been a good competitor for Hillstone across the street. Not even close.
- Well, One more wine by theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012Well, One more wine by the glass Chardanay needed. We had the 15.00 glass The Cesar salad was too vinegar or lemen juice in the dressing. The side dish of the lobster mac and cheese was terrible. You only had 3 desserts available to choose from and you were out of the one we chose and the chocolate cake was dry and old.Special Features:
- The kitchen is running veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/6/2012The kitchen is running very slow at present. It took thirty minutes after appetizer/salad to receive our entrees. Our waiter was working his first day and a little confused about a whole lot, but he was pleasant and attentive. I'm sure each area of the experience will improve over time.
- Not so great, but will try again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2012When I walked in the 2 greeters were on the phone, had to text my party to see where they were. I had two different sushi rolls and my cousin had a chicken sandwhich. Of my sushi rolls, the more expensive one ($16.00) was fishy and lackluster. The spicy tuna on crispy rice was good. On my cousins last bite of the 1/2 of the sandwhich she ate, she had a grissly piece of chicken. She was going to take the other half with her but changed her mind after that bite. Service was ok, I noticed one of the waitstaff didn't know where the food he had was going. Our waiter seemed weeded, but was very nice. Oh and the manager should watch how far she bends over with the very long slit in the back of her skirt.Special Features:
- The music was very loud, andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/4/2012The music was very loud, and made it hard to carry on a conversation. The valet parkers drove my care to fast and turned on my radio. They also never checked us in with open table dining. The food was ok.
- What a great addition to thedineoutoftenDined on 11/4/2012What a great addition to the neighborhood. The restaurant had only been open a week, so there will be were a few glitches, but nothing that will not work itself out. We were there for sunday brunch and sat on the enclosed patio. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was inviting. Very glad Nick and Sam's decided to open in Preston Center!Special Features:
- Go ElsewhereMileHighDined on 11/1/2012Horrible service. They don't have their act together at all. Very disorganized. 20 minutes for the waiter to bring our drinks. Our food wad over an hour and wad really at best average. Pizza was fair. We gave up on dessert as we never saw our waiter for 45 minutes after he dropped of food and our meal had already taken over 2.5 hrs. The usual Nick and Sams arrogance throughout the meal. Do yourself a favor go elsewhere. We took our friend there for her birthday and they never even acknowledged it.