Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
8111 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nsgrillpc.com/
- Phone: 2143791111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Richard Blankenship
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
Nick & Sam's Grill delivers an energetic, comfortable bistro ambiance with sleek, sensual design and staff trained to deliver personal service offering an Park Cities neighborhood "Cheers-like" atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (23)special occasion (22)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (19)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (14)romantic (12)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014It was my first time to eat at this location. My group thoroughly enjoyed everything about our meal -- the food, service, and atmosphere! We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good placedigamma1Dined on 5/17/2014We went there on Saturday night prior to going to the symphony and really enjoyed the experience. I enjoy sushi but my spouse isn't wild about sushi: the menu fit both our tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysPCeaterDined on 5/17/2014I always love the food at NSG as well as the cheap mimosas. My order was messed up twice (omelette) but still great nonetheless. I always wonder why there aren't more people inside on a weekend at brunch time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed mother's dayseb02aVIPDined on 5/11/2014We normally love Nick and Sam's grill and we're excited to take my mom here for mother's day. We made our reservations a month in advance and called the day before to confirm our reservation. At no point were we told that there was going to be a buffet and that the regular menu wouldn't be offered. During the times I spoke to the restaurant it was never mentioned. When we walked in we noticed the buffet but were seated anyway. When the bill arrived, for our 8 adults it was over $500. Everyone ordered tea as well, no alcohol. The food was only mediocre, typical lukewarm buffet food. The waffles were amazing, but definitely not worth the price. They should have made an effort to make people aware of the buffet & price before arrival.Special Features:
- Raw chickenBGilVIPDined on 5/10/2014My son noticed that his chicken was very undercooked, but they did fix it quickly once we pointed it out. I would hope that in the future, the chef would examine everything that leaves the kitchen. Loved the ambiance, and I did like our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- monramirezVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had a big group celebrating several special occasions. Jaime and his team provided excellent service - they were awesome. the food was good but not great. The menu could use a little variety....I know Nick and Sam's can do better and offer more...food was good but the service is why I would go back.Special Features:
- SpecialLscaling1Dined on 5/2/2014We loved it and were treated very special. We were celebrating and Nick and SAMs made it a night to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dull BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014The meat in our cheeseburgers was lean, but had no taste. Very bland. I did not comment to our waitress, who had completely left our table in the middle of the meal. We were left unserved until an assistant manager finally came over to offer us our check for a very subpar meal.
- Excellent food, service!CaseyVIPDined on 4/28/2014Food was excellent. Services was great. Good for business lunches or dinners.Special Features:
- Holiday Brunch MadhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014We made 12:45 reservations at N&S Grill PC for Easter Sunday Brunch. Walked in about 12:30 to a madhouse scene and weren't seated until about 1:45. Lots of agitated customers as we were not the only ones with very delayed reservations. It appears they may have overestimated how many people they could serve and/or the table turnover was slower than they anticipated. The host staff seemed a little overwhelmed and it took quite awhile to clear and reset tables. Once we were seated, the experience was enjoyable - food was good and wait staff was very attentive. If you choose brunch on a holiday (Easter, Mothers Day, etc.) my advice it to go early or very late once the crowd has cleared.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchNameDined on 4/20/2014It was quite hectic for Easter. I love this place for brunch on most Sundays, but it was a little much for me for the Easter occasion with all of the kids activities going on. I will continue going here for Sunday brunch, but I would not recommend it for Easter unless you have small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Really loved our overall experience at Nick & Sam's. Food was outstanding along with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TFrisbieDined on 4/17/2014Our server, Sam, was fantastic. He was very professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Great Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2014I picked this restaurant for my friend's birthday brunch and not only did she love it, we ALL loved it! Great food and awesome service!! We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch!Fire2IceDined on 3/23/2014Took my cousin here for brunch. She ordered the Captain Crunch French Toast and she loved it. I had the Steak & Eggs and it was pretty good too. Since it was her bday, we received comp champagne of course. I will return to this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Wasn't that impressed with the quality of food. Sushi was fishy and the fish special seemed a bit pre made. I expected food to be more fresh for the prices. Staff was courteous. Atmosphere was nice.
- Brunch Let-downMackFortuneDined on 3/22/2014Our service was excellent and the venue was crisp, clean, and had a casual elegance. The coffee was delicious. Our party ordered two eggs benedict dishes, the captain crunch strawberry french toast, and the steak and eggs. All the plates were served beautifully , but the eggs benedict was not good. The "soft eggs" were served too soft.. Some of the egg white was actually runny and the hollandaise sauce too acidic and cold. I was disappointed. On a better note, the other dishes were delicious.Special Features:
- Great all aroundtxdinerDined on 3/20/2014Great food. I got the trout--was a great non-buttery but tasty fish dish. Forgot which salad I got. Key lime pie has coconut shavings on top. Don't really care for coconut so scraped it off, but pie was still great. My friend got some kind of chocolate lava cake. It was melty and looked like it collapsed. We love chocolate so still good. But we've had way better chocolate desserts. Waitstaff was outstanding. Bar scene on Thurs night was a lot of the after work crowd--people in ties and work clothes, one person had her suitcase so must've been traveling for work. We enjoyed our wines at the bar, but we had to wait there for at least 30 min, which was odd b/c I had a confirmed reservation and we arrived early. Overall great. Would go back.Special Features:
- Love their brunchKatSDined on 3/9/2014We go regularly for brunch and always take out of town visitors. It's a great spot for enjoying consistently good food. Just try to beat the church crowd...Special Features:
- Great Food NO ServicediningdivaDined on 3/7/2014The food was fantastic but the service was nonexistent. We had to constantly pour our own wine, the person who delivered the appetizers dropped my spoon and said he would be right back with a new one but never returned, etc. Our waiter came around very infrequently and there were plenty of waiters standing around so it was not like he was even busy, much less overwhelmed. It was poor service for any restaurant but certainly for one associated with Nick & Sam's and who holds themselves out as an upscale place to dine. We were dining early so there was no excuse for poor service as there were few customers needing assistance. I would highly recommend the food but the lack of service ruined what could have been a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Steaks and sushi on a TuesdayLDLMDined on 3/4/2014We have been here twice, both on weekend nights and now Tues. The food was better on weekend nts. At $43 for a steak, and our previous experience we were expecting it to taste more like last time. We asked for medium but it was cooked medium well. The shrimp sushi roll was pretty good but again, tasted better the first two times. Not sure what the difference is, maybe the chefs working on those two nights are different. Also, we were told we could substitute mac n cheese for our mashed potatoes, but they charged another $3 for that. Just wish they had said that before. Either way, we will be back as it is a great restaurant and we love the bar and seating area next to the bar. It has a nice ambiance and most things we have tried were good.Special Features:
- Service was very slow at lunchtimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/3/2014Service was very slow at lunchtime even though the restaurant was not busy.
- been there several times forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/2/2014been there several times for lunch and the service is always poor.
- Can't get it rightAfterDarkDined on 3/1/2014The evening started out just fine. Bartenders were on top of it and very friendly. Having a casual night out. My guest and I both ordered cheeseburgers and both came out severely undercooked. We sent them back and when that arrived the second time, the temperature was closer, but the ordered toppings were missing. The waiter also was really slow. 3 hours for a casual dining night is pretty poorly executed
- DisappointingParentsnightoutVIPDined on 2/21/2014This was our first vioait and it will be the last. Average food for far above average prices and clumsy service (fblank stare from our waiter when he arrived with our entrees without ever brought appetizers we ordered).Special Features:
- Nothing specialfoodieVIPDined on 2/16/2014We went for brunch on Sunday morning. Limited menu, nothing special. Probably would never go back for brunch..
- Really Cool PlaceJayRDined on 2/15/2014Nice wonderful dining experience. The staff was fabulous and very helpful. From the Valet, front desk to the wait staff, just amazing. The stuffed Quail was flavorful, tender and filing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I dined at Nick & Sam's Grill during Valentine's weekend and had a great experience. The service was top notch and the food was right on par with the service experience. We will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not fast friesfoodyDined on 2/15/2014The food was delicious. The servers were VERY kind, but all food came out very slow and not at the same time. The fries came out as we were almost finished with dinner.Special Features:
- Gary the server did an excellentseasons52Dined on 2/14/2014Gary the server did an excellent job. Had a reservation but still had to wait over an hour with several tables open. Must have been understaffed on Valentine's Day. Everyone nice and friendly. Thank you for the rose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I'm sad to say that our fun Valentine night at Nick and Sam's was not all we'd hoped it would be. One positive- we had a reservation and we were sat right on time! After we sat down, though, it was about 10 minutes before we got any water, and another ten minutes later, after one of us got up to figure out what was going on, before we got any service. Some of our food was great, and cooked perfectly, others not so much. Two different steaks were not cooked correctly- one of them was undercooked twice. When paying close to $70 for a steak... one certainly expects it to be cooked correctly... especially when given a second chance!Special Features:
- Good placePsudinerDined on 2/14/2014Service was a little slow, but it was Valentine's Day so it's to be expected. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy night for the restaurant.KviylcDined on 2/12/2014Busy night for the restaurant. With our reservation we passed the line and were immediately seated at our romantic booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service disappointing (this time)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times and each time the service has been very good. However, this experience was not. We were in the BIG square table in the kitchen with a party of 8. Service was VERY slow. The food came out timely, but the service was just slow (filling drinks, taking our order, checking up on us, etc.). Clearly the fault of the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did honor our reservationbobthedinerDined on 2/8/2014We arrived for our confirmed 8:00 PM reservation and we were finally seated at 8:45. Host staff were indiffernt saying "we're busy". Set an unfavorable tone for the rest of the evening ruining what could have been a nice meal.
- Ugh!SPMMVIPDined on 2/5/2014Mediocre at best. The chicken was dry and tasted as though it had been cooked the day prior, then refrigerated. The salad was bitter and underdressed. My guest's chicken noodle soup was "marginal". The service was slow and sloppy.
- Good choice for business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2014Had dinner for 3 on a Tuesday evening. Service was very attentive, and unlike some restaurants in this category, the ambiance allowed for some serious business discussions over dinner. Steaks were perfect, and other dishes were not bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick & Sam's Park CitiesJanetVIPDined on 1/31/2014Had dinner with a girl friend...it is very loud here...bar was good..bar tenders took great care of us...our server was amazing. She was knowledgeable and fun...My scallops were good, a little too much broth in the bowl, but very tasty! My friend had a steak...she said it was very good. If you are going to really visit with someone, this is not your place..a quick dinner in the neighborhood..it is a good spot!Special Features:
- Nice LunchCurtDined on 1/27/2014Good was great and we were actually able to have a nice conversation due to the lower noise level. Service could have been more attentive since there weren't many people dining .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time was not a CharmDenaDined on 1/24/2014This was my second visit to Nick & Sam's Grill in the Park Cities. I took my office there for a Christmas lunch before the holidays and the service was abominable. We were abandoned by our waiter and did not get much of the food that we were, finally, able to order. It took two hours to get out of there due to delayed service. I discussed my issues with the manager who urged me to give them another chance. Unfortunately, my dinner experience (a birthday dinner) there was simply more of the same. We never received one of the appetizers we ordered and no one checked on us so that we could report it. The potato side that comes with the steak arrived at our table as we were paying the bill. We will not be returning.