Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
8111 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nsgrillpc.com/
- Phone: 2143791111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Richard Blankenship
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities
Nick & Sam's Grill delivers an energetic, comfortable bistro ambiance with sleek, sensual design and staff trained to deliver personal service offering an Park Cities neighborhood "Cheers-like" atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (25)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (21)hot spot (21)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (16)romantic (13)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Will never go backNatedogVIPDined on 10/23/2014Worst service we've had in years anywhere. Waited 10 minutes just to get water, then only three of the four glasses got filled. Waited another ten minutes for wine list. We had no fewer than 7 different people "serving" us, but not one of them knew what they were doing including the manager. The waitress told us one specials list, then a guy comes along and offers us a different list. Totally clueless. They were contradicting each other and stepping on each other the whole night. Made for a very uncomfortable dining experience. Very disappointing for a place with such high prices and the food was just so-so. Will never go back.
- A great findimonsecondVIPDined on 10/17/2014I like this Nick & Sam's better than the ones downtown, possibly because it is slightly off the beaten track and is not as crowded. They have now added those expensive specialty HUGE proportion steak choices but honestly the standard steak choices are fine, and cooked as requested. I like a lot of the appetizers and starters as well which is a definite plus. Mostly, I like that it's in the neighborhood. I would go there again. I would bring friends there rather than some other steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Great event location with a very relaxed atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!kikipDined on 10/10/2014I've been to Nick and Sam's Grill a few times, but the menu has changed and the food is incredible. The ambience is great! Our waiter was so professional and attentative. Will definitely be going back. Cheers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eeeeehhhhhFoodAndMusicDined on 10/3/2014-Steak was overcooked -sides were bland and not flavorful -wine pairing suggestion was mediocre -service was spotty not thrilled about this location. I absolutely Love Nick and Sam's Steakhouse uptown and have yet to try the grille uptown, but I hear great things. I just hope that experience is not like this one.Special Features:
- Delicious steaks!DeedeeDined on 10/2/2014Great menu of steaks and other choices! Great spot for groups or business dinners! Display of meat is appealing to carnivores!Special Features:
- Better options at this priceDallasfoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Nick and Sam's grill was never great but had decent options and quality, especially at brunch. The food quality has gone down, yet the prices have stayed the same or gone up. For example the Donut Hole starter is $9 but feels more at home around $5. The burger is $14, but is on par with national chains offering burgers around $8. The burger does not compare well with $11 - $15 burgers at competing moderate and/or upscale brunch places (CBD Provisions, Meddlesome Moth, Jasper's, Kitchen LTO, etc). Also, the wait staff turns frequently, most likely from a lack of income due to few customers. It was not busy on our last brunch visit, definitely a telling sign in Dallas where brunch is a big deal. I will not be going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Noise level was moderate because I asked that it not have the music so loud. Food lost one star because Caesar salad was drowned in dressing after I ordered it with half the usual amount of dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service - ChazDagsVIPDined on 9/12/2014Stopped in for a quick steak and bottle of wine on Friday. Not only did Chaz provide legendary service - he was hilarious as well. We almost felt like we should have paid a cover charge.Special Features:
- Decent food, service issuesfoodieDined on 9/11/2014The food was fine, but at noon on a weekday, this restaurant was not even half full despite its location around several office buildings. Our waiter was quite nice, but when he served my friends burgers, he should have said "by the way, that is not ketchup next to the fries, it is bbq sauce. Would you like ketchup or mustard or mayo?" Instead, he disappeared for over 10 minutes while my friends discovered that the red sauce was not ketchup. With a half-empty place, I have no idea why he was so busy. But that was nothing compared to the valet. We waited over 30 minutes for our car, despite the fact that there were only 2 people in front of us. The valet kept bringing ALL 3 of us the wrong car. Repeatedly. A joke waiting in the heat!
- HungrySelectiveDinerDined on 9/9/2014Adore your grown up grilled cheese. Sitting at the bar for Saturday lunch is one of my special treats I share with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A work in progressimonsecondVIPDined on 9/7/2014I have been here 3 times with varying results on service and food from excellent to good. This time around, we had to ask them to take both our entrees back as they were both overcooked. I think any restaurant that has the word "grill" in its name should be experts in cooking meat as per the customer's request. Also, I note that you cannot review it's menu on Opentable, although I understand that they are in the middle of changing the menu so that it is more similar to the other Nick and Sam's restaurants. Am not sure this change is for the better. Thus, it's a work in progress.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood choiceCaseyDined on 9/5/2014Quiet, with good ambiance. Food was very good. Service good, but unevenSpecial Features:
- Get a meat thermometer -- PLEASEBklynBenDined on 8/30/2014I cannot say this enough.. why can't a kitchen cook a steak to proper temperature.. it's not that hard. I sent back my meat, but it then came back perfect. I mean outstanding. I forgot it was initially under-cooked. The asparagus was blanched and then not cooked off properly. The potatoes were ok -- not particularly well seasoned but good. The dessert was great -- let the pastry chef handle the line please! Now to be clear, the place was very good -- but for a table of 6 people, there the bill was nearly $600 -- I expect near perfection. The service was great -- actually better than most 3 star Michelin restaurants .. that said, you have to get it right -- all the time.Special Features:
- Great service as always.MgabyMDined on 8/24/2014Went for dinner & our server was a gem! Bartender Eric...GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okeightnineDined on 8/23/2014Reservations were for eight pm…didn’t get seated until nine pm…confirmed reservation twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rec1948rec1948Dined on 8/23/2014Great appitizers and main dishes, dessert not happening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABandBPDined on 8/23/2014Great Service - Great Food - Great Wine List. Wait staff was outstanding and the food came out with the appropriate timing and everything was excellent. You get what you pay for here!Special Features:
- Nice food and atmosphereBethanyInDallasDined on 8/21/2014Our time spent here is never a disappointment. The food this visit was delish and our server so very nice and helpful.Special Features:
- Nick & Sam's - Park CitiesLadiesLeisurelyLunchVIPDined on 8/21/2014Confusion about RW cost. They said it was $45 at Park CIties location, but all the media advertisement stated it was $35. Manager honored the advertised price and appreciated me informing him about it. Too bad other patrons were charged $45. Waitress raved about their filet, but my tenderloin and steak at Hibiscus and Capital Grille were better.Special Features:
- Nick & SamsozzyDined on 8/16/2014I absolute love the place from the moment I walked in.We were greeted with a smile made us feel welcome.Our server Ricky was the best he made sure we had the best service.It was me and my girlfriend anniversary and she absolutely love the place.I called to make reservations day before and ask if it was some way they could decorate our table for this special occasion and they did with rose pedals candles and roses it was beautiful. Our food was very good had a full course meal and the wine was excellent.We cant wait to come again and well tell all our friends this is an extraordinary place to come to thanks for an amazing time nick & sams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudbutgoodDined on 8/16/2014Food and service excellent. Indoor patio was loud due to all the people and the conversations bouncing off all of the hard surfaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotNomNomNomDined on 8/14/2014This place is great. It offers a really broad menu. You can have a simple meal of their pizzas or sushi. Or, you can go for a really nice meal of great steak (Allen Brothers) or fish. The Parmesan crusted sole is sooo good. Love having this spot right in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Saturday night.jn4893Dined on 8/9/2014Menu was new for summer. many new dishes. Ultimate in service.Special Features:
- amazingrcaz35VIPDined on 8/8/2014incredible food service and ambience the wait staff are very accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Always Wonderfulpnh44Dined on 7/19/2014As always, the brunch was fab! Eggs Benedict are a MUST.Special Features:
- Great French toastCrisDined on 7/12/2014I had the captian crunch French toast , it was so good !!! And service was outstanding !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Recommended by two different friends, so took another couple to dinner and we were disappointed. The service was attentive, but not very efficient. The appetizers were delivered with the salads making us feel rushed. Then the staff picked up all of our utensils and condiments while we still had appetizers on the table. When we studied the menu, we found most items to be reasonable, but the least expensive steak was $43. No one ordered it even though we all wanted steak. Wine selection was decent and again reasonably priced. Overall, would not return or recommend the restaurant.
- DisappointedDinnerfor2VIPDined on 7/2/2014We came in for a quick mid week dinner as Hillstone had a 45 min wait. Nick & Sams was pretty empty and we got right in. Sushi was ok but will not order it again. We asked waitress to turn the loud music down several times. Disappointing.
- The following 236 reviews are from the Nick & Sam's Grill - Park Cities reviews archive.
- Missed Opportunity in Park CitiesDallasLewVIPDined on 6/21/2014This outpost of Nick & Sam's is kind of a sad story. Great location, great ambiance, earnest service staff, but overall just a mediocre experience. The food doesn't have any zing or panache. We went to dinner on Saturday night and found the bar empty and the restaurant half full. Across the street, people were waiting an hour to eat at Hillstone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014We had a great time. The food was good and so was the service. Great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Selective DinerSelectiveDinerDined on 6/15/2014The food was great, and the service attentive but not overbearing. We may have found the new "best steak in town" place to go. I also love their lunch menu, and totally appreciate a dinner menu offering different selections than lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!KDallasDined on 6/14/2014We brought the whole family for a Fathers' Day dinner (including children) and had a great experience. Our server, Ricky, was great with the kids and was so attentive. I wish the pizza oven would have been functional that day, but that couldn't be helped. Wine list was good and offered variety of price levels. Food was good with the fish and chips being the favorite dish at the table. Steak was also very good. The kids had macaroni and cheese, which was a big hit with them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 0825691VIPDined on 6/13/2014Brian the GM and Charlie our waiter made for a very nice evening. Thanks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/11/2014One of my favorite places to eat in Dallas. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Good bar areaSallyVIPDined on 6/6/2014Will try it next time for a sporting event and a hamburger...Special Features:
- Just what I neededSwissfoodieDined on 6/3/2014We needed a place for a working lunch for one of our important Board committees. There are so many places that are too noisy for this type of meeting, but we were able to do what we needed and have everyone hear the discussions with no problem, so it worked perfectly. The food was great, the service excellent, and the welcome very warm. It also does accept lunch reservations, which a lot of places don't, so we didn't have to ask our group to wait.Special Features:
- Great decorSusanVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food is good but very pricey for what you get. The decor is great looking!! We went on Saturday night and it was not busy. Maybe if the food wasn't so pricey they wound have been busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- libnaniDined on 5/31/2014Food was not good... Used to be much better... Salmon was under cooked...Burger bun was soggy!Special Features:
- Great spotBabydoc10Dined on 5/31/2014Good food, good ambience! Service was a bit slow but we were out with friends so there wasn't a big rush. Saturday brunch was great! Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.