Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caesarspalace.com/casinos/caesars-palace/restaurants-dining/old-homestead-detail.html
- Phone: 7027317560
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Gill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
Old Homestead Steakhouse, one of New York City's most historic restaurants, opened its first west coast location at Caesars Palace on December 22, 2011. The classic eatery has been known for its quality steak selections for more than 140-years. Las Vegas customers will also be welcomed by Annabelle, the iconic brown and white cow that has been greeting Old Homestead customers for decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Caesars Palace ›
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)fit for foodies (54)romantic (51)notable wine list (42)good for groups (38)hot spot (22)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2013The service was excellent , the food was fabulous. A must for anyone wanted great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!LactoladyVIPDined on 4/30/2013We had a show nearby and decided to try this place for dinner. We weren't disappointed, except for being stuffed! Large portions, but all of our food was wonderful. Service was excellent and very accommodating. My husband & I both had steaks--cooked to perfection and great quality. We'll be sure to return there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the French onion soupOkieDined on 4/29/2013We had the French onion soup the filet mignon with potato gnocchi with truffle butter, and bone-in ribeye with asparagus. That tasted great the service was excellent. They seated us as soon as we got there and helped us with the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location in CaesarsLostinvegasVIPDined on 4/29/2013Service was amazing. Most of the food was great. Stay away from the Key Lime Pie, not good at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great and cookedMellDined on 4/28/2013The food was great and cooked perfectly, however the prices were ridiculous. The menu was priced 15% higher then their NYc restaurant. The service was nothing special, below average for what you are paying. With so many other steakhouses in the area, I'd skip this one next time.Special Features:
- Great food and wine. ThisPlay2winDined on 4/24/2013Great food and wine. This is the second time I have eaten here and it was just as excellent as I remembered it. The only downfall is if you sit at the booths which are right next to the casino hallway it is very noisy. Especially if it's late night. It might be better if they enclosed the restuarant more.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2013The food was fantastic, probably one of the best meals I have had while on the strip. Portions are generous, but not overly filling in a negative way. Even better than the food was the service; from the hostess that greeted us to to the server and assistants in the floor, everyone was welcoming and pleasant. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great place to wine and dine!Special Features:
- Food, service excellent. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Food, service excellent. We had just enough time to get to show on time. At the time my husband made reservation on-line, he didn't have my rewards card number, and therefore,we did not reap the benefits.Special Features:
- Great place as far as "upscal"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013Great place as far as "upscal" in Vegas goes - great food, better than average service, nice setting - would eat there again
- Great food, great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2013If you're looking for great steak and if you want to be treated right, no place is better than this.Special Features:
- Don't Leave AX Card at HomerodcfpDined on 4/21/2013In our 8 day visit to Las Vegas Old Homestead was day 6, with early reservations before seeing Elton John ( Just a short walk across the casino). Everything was excellent from the service being seated to the dessert. I had the Dover Sole which seems strange for a steak house but it was resonable $62 and I'd had steak the night before and was going to have it the night afterwards. Great and diverse wine list which includes some half bottles which is just what I need for my self. I had the same 1/2 bottle of pinot noir as two night previously at Ballys Steakhouse. It was $3 higher ($52) which wasn't out of line. It does add up after a while, since my wife only ate a baked potatoe and with tip ended at $221. Would I pay it again. Yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks & outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013We we're staying at Caesars Palace and decided to try the Steakhouse. I'm glad we did. We brought out 11 year old twins with us for a special treat. Our waiter James was the best waiter I've had at any restaurant in years. He was great with my twins and went our of his way to make sure the evening was perfect. We started with the kitchen sink salad which I highly recommend. Next was the outstanding bread basket which has pretzel, regular, and cheese bread that were all top notch. For our entrees the kids and my wife each ordered the petite filet and I got the 16 oz bone in filet. All were amazing but the bone in filet had a better flavor. For sides we did lobster mashed which I've had better at Mastro's and duck fat fries.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurant! TopOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Outstanding restaurant! Top two of steakhouses we have eaten at.....great food and outstanding service!Special Features:
- Old Homestead.... 3rd timeDiningDivaVIPDined on 4/19/2013This was our third time dining at Old Homestead. I have had the same opinion each time, which is that it's just not THAT good. The food isn't bad, but it doesn't blow your socks off. Our server was nice enough as were his assistants. I think this place is mostly lacking because of food quality. Also, perhaps there is such a diverse mix of customers then maybe they aren't trying that hard. We probably will not dine here again.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/18/2013Excellent service! Every need was anticipated. Calamari appetizer was extremely tender. The steaks were gorgeous, juicy full of flavor and melt in your mouth tender. Definitely the place to go for a steak in Caesar's Palace.Special Features:
- Very loud. Good food. GreatGranthsDined on 4/16/2013Very loud. Good food. Great service. I'd go again but I would make sure to ask for a private table because we had one on the path to the kitchen I was getting bumped by the wait staff because they had set up a large group beside us and they were socializing and bumping into us. We asked to move and they were extremely accommodating and very apologetic. Went out of their way to correct the problem. Food was excellent. Truffle gnocchi was amazing!Special Features:
- The food was great! :-) SinceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013The food was great! :-) Since we were not able to get to New York anytime soon we wanted to experience Old Homestead based on the recommendation of Top Chef. The steak was great, sorry better than great the meat melted in my mouth and the lobster bisque soup was just as yummy.Special Features:
- Truly Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2013Having traveled extensively, I was amazed at the attentive service (with a smile and very professional);the gracious way every employee treated myself and my guests was truly fantastic. The food was excellent. All of my guests have commented to me on the quality of the food & service. Old Homestead will be our annual Sunday night gathering during CinemaCon!Special Features:
- Really did not like pushingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Really did not like pushing the seafood tower. It was expensive,138 dollars, give me a break! Service was good.Special Features:
- Seated promptly at a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2013Seated promptly at a great table. Steaks were amazing, grilled to perfection.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013Food was excellent. Great service. A little loud but the food made up for it.Special Features:
- Great Steak and much more!!bdgFSVIPDined on 4/5/2013Had a great dinner on Friday night.. Steak and all the sides were exceptionally good. In a town famous for steak houses this is easily top 5. They really do a good job and the service was the best in town ..Special Features:
- Great evening at the Old HomesteadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Great overall experience was the general comment made by everyone that attended. I enjoyed one of the, if not the best primerib's . . . ever! Best Regards
- Our meal was wonderful andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Our meal was wonderful and we enjoyed it very much so.Special Features:
- Front of the House staff notJOEROB35Dined on 3/27/2013Front of the House staff not very good- tried to place us in the bar when dining room was available- continued to try to seat us at a table for two when our reservation was for 3. waiter saved the day- he was absolutely fantastic!
- excellent excellent service.GirlsniteDined on 3/25/2013excellent excellent service. food delicious. special occasions only..too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Best Steakhouse experienceBudADined on 3/23/2013Best Steakhouse experience of my life. Ordered the seafood platter as an appetizer for two. Only one shrimp, but it was as big as a baby's arm. Nice portions, fresh and perfectly cooked. Ordered the lollipop ribeye to share, with a side of light crispy duck fat fries. It was a religious experience. Seared to perfection, juicy, and perfectly seasoned. Friendly, attentive service made us feel like we were in our favorite neighborhood place. A little pricey, but one of those times you really got what you paid for.Special Features:
- Been there several times andLasvegasDined on 3/22/2013Been there several times and each time it gets better and better, best steak in town.Special Features:
- Expensive...NOT WORTH IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013Food was average at best, very expensive. Service was horrible, waited a long time for our food, and then when speaking with a Manager he attempted to justify it by brining us a copy of the order times, bottom line was that the people next to us ordered maybe three minutes before us and were finished with their meal prior to us even getting ours.
- Awesome experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2013Old Homestead was awesome! Service was out of this world, waiter was very knowledgable. Water was always full, never had to ask. Food was outstanding, steaks just melted in your mouth. Overall, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place. Me and my husband will definately be back. Well done Old Homestead!!Special Features:
- Food was tasty. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2013Food was tasty. Service was excellent. Beer was huge
- Can't get better than thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2013In the top 3 dining experiences ever! Charles provided outstanding service only out done by the excellent steak and wine. Recommend this for special occasions or if you are wanting a great meal with friendsSpecial Features:
- Here's the BeefOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Outstanding meal at a hopping location. In the midst of the hub bub of Ceasars Palace Casino, this is a great spot to have a piece of fabulous corn fed and dry aged beef that was cooked to perfection AND people watch too! Service was outstanding and the atmosphere was hip and fresh. I'll come back next year. My only negative was the lighting. While we sat at a booth with great lighting, the interior of the restaurant seemed a bit dark. I do like to see what I'm eating. Especially since it was soooo good. Ask for a booth at the periphery of the restaurant as this area is open to the casino. Inner tables looked quiet and romantic. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Fantastic service , excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Our waiter really made the entire night. He was very knowledgeable , personable, and funny. I believe his name was James. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- I thought the overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013I thought the overall experience was very good but it was very loud and hard to talk with your dinner guest.
- Great steak. Meal was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2013Great steak. Meal was excellent. Highly recommend, $$$$Special Features:
- Had the 16 oz filet whichMikeDined on 3/10/2013Had the 16 oz filet which was great although my wife thought the 8oz filet was a bit too salty. The baked potato was huge enough to share.Special Features:
- Great service, delicious steak,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/5/2013Great service, delicious steak, best meal I had in Vegas! The filet was perfect!
- The service was fantasticHonestly1Dined on 3/5/2013The service was fantastic and the food was incredible! Celebrating our Anniversary was a great time!Special Features:
- We've dined here several timesTannerDined on 3/3/2013We've dined here several times when @ Caesars to see Celine. Always excellent in every way. Food was wonderful, service excellent with nice ambiance. Will definitely go againin the future.