Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caesarspalace.com/casinos/caesars-palace/restaurants-dining/old-homestead-detail.html
- Phone: 7027317560
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Gill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
Old Homestead Steakhouse, one of New York City's most historic restaurants, opened its first west coast location at Caesars Palace on December 22, 2011. The classic eatery has been known for its quality steak selections for more than 140-years. Las Vegas customers will also be welcomed by Annabelle, the iconic brown and white cow that has been greeting Old Homestead customers for decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Caesars Palace ›
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (47)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (26)hot spot (16)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- excellent excellent service.GirlsniteDined on 3/25/2013excellent excellent service. food delicious. special occasions only..too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Best Steakhouse experienceBudADined on 3/23/2013Best Steakhouse experience of my life. Ordered the seafood platter as an appetizer for two. Only one shrimp, but it was as big as a baby's arm. Nice portions, fresh and perfectly cooked. Ordered the lollipop ribeye to share, with a side of light crispy duck fat fries. It was a religious experience. Seared to perfection, juicy, and perfectly seasoned. Friendly, attentive service made us feel like we were in our favorite neighborhood place. A little pricey, but one of those times you really got what you paid for.Special Features:
- Been there several times andLasvegasDined on 3/22/2013Been there several times and each time it gets better and better, best steak in town.Special Features:
- Expensive...NOT WORTH IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013Food was average at best, very expensive. Service was horrible, waited a long time for our food, and then when speaking with a Manager he attempted to justify it by brining us a copy of the order times, bottom line was that the people next to us ordered maybe three minutes before us and were finished with their meal prior to us even getting ours.
- Awesome experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2013Old Homestead was awesome! Service was out of this world, waiter was very knowledgable. Water was always full, never had to ask. Food was outstanding, steaks just melted in your mouth. Overall, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place. Me and my husband will definately be back. Well done Old Homestead!!Special Features:
- Food was tasty. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2013Food was tasty. Service was excellent. Beer was huge
- Can't get better than thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2013In the top 3 dining experiences ever! Charles provided outstanding service only out done by the excellent steak and wine. Recommend this for special occasions or if you are wanting a great meal with friendsSpecial Features:
- Here's the BeefOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Outstanding meal at a hopping location. In the midst of the hub bub of Ceasars Palace Casino, this is a great spot to have a piece of fabulous corn fed and dry aged beef that was cooked to perfection AND people watch too! Service was outstanding and the atmosphere was hip and fresh. I'll come back next year. My only negative was the lighting. While we sat at a booth with great lighting, the interior of the restaurant seemed a bit dark. I do like to see what I'm eating. Especially since it was soooo good. Ask for a booth at the periphery of the restaurant as this area is open to the casino. Inner tables looked quiet and romantic. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Fantastic service , excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Our waiter really made the entire night. He was very knowledgeable , personable, and funny. I believe his name was James. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- I thought the overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013I thought the overall experience was very good but it was very loud and hard to talk with your dinner guest.
- Great steak. Meal was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2013Great steak. Meal was excellent. Highly recommend, $$$$Special Features:
- Had the 16 oz filet whichMikeDined on 3/10/2013Had the 16 oz filet which was great although my wife thought the 8oz filet was a bit too salty. The baked potato was huge enough to share.Special Features:
- Great service, delicious steak,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/5/2013Great service, delicious steak, best meal I had in Vegas! The filet was perfect!
- The service was fantasticHonestly1Dined on 3/5/2013The service was fantastic and the food was incredible! Celebrating our Anniversary was a great time!Special Features:
- We've dined here several timesTannerDined on 3/3/2013We've dined here several times when @ Caesars to see Celine. Always excellent in every way. Food was wonderful, service excellent with nice ambiance. Will definitely go againin the future.
- Could not ask for more.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Everything was so great. The food was to die for. Waiters recommendations were spot on. Everyone there was so nice and really took care of us. My next trip to Vegas will include dinne at Old Homestead I can promise you that.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Fantastic food and experience! Can't wait to return.
- Crab cake was dry, neededOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013Crab cake was dry, needed sauce to make it edible. The Tator Tots and mushrooms were excellent. Husband enjoyed his bone-in filet. Disappointed by limited dessert menu.Special Features:
- Steaks were great, otherwiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/27/2013Steaks were great, otherwise the service (we waited 20 whole minutes before anyone came to our table (and the restaurant was not busy at that hour -6:30)was bad. The appetizer at $26.00 for two tiny pieces of lobster & extremely tough- Please!! And the calamari floating in grease was awful. The side dish of mushrooms was not tasty at all. The whole experience was way too expensive for the food we were served. The desserts (berries & cream and key lime pie was very ordinary, too. I spoke to several in Vegas after eating at Old Homestead and highly recommended it be removed from a list of dining places to try. The steaks, as I said, were excellent, however they should be for $66.00 a pop. Do not go there! Vegas or no, Very Bad.Special Features:
- For the price the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013For the price the food was no where close to on par... Steak I overcooked an sides swimming in butter an we ordered crab legs an literally were given a meaning single crab leg! Staff very niceSpecial Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2013Absolutely delicious steaks and sides. Try the Porterhouse Steak (can order for two, three, or four people). If you're a steak lover, you will absolutely cherish this experience.Special Features:
- Great Steak and more at CaesarsTexascowboyDined on 2/22/2013All food items were prepared perfectly and had a wonderful taste. The service was excellent, always there when needed but never hovering. Waiter also made several suggestions when asked and all turned out perfectly.Special Features:
- Overpriced for a mediocreKevinDined on 2/21/2013Overpriced for a mediocre meal and experience. Our servers needed some antidepressants!
- Not what I was expecting theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2013Not what I was expecting the prime rib was not very tasty, undercooked and tough in comparison to other steak houses I have eaten in. Expected a melt in your mouth experience especially for Vegas prices
- the food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013the food and the service was outstanding.the bone on filet was the best I have ever had. The server made my entire party feel comfortable but he was in no way intrusive. the wine list was outstanding and contained a couple of my favorites but was a little pricey.Special Features:
- Friendly staff all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2013Friendly staff all around! Food was great and appetizers were very delicious!Special Features:
- Best steak in townOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/15/2013The best steak that i have ever eaten. I got the bone in filet and it was AMAZING!!! For appetizer got the shrimp cocktail. Excellent shrimp sauce with horseradish. Overall very great experience. We are definitely going back!!
- We loved the Old HomesteadMikepodDined on 2/14/2013We loved the Old Homestead in Atlantic City, but this one was not nearly as good.Special Features:
- Loud music kills ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013The noise kills it. You need to glass in the sides to provide a tranquil atmosphere instead of turning up the music to try to drown out the beat from the night club opposite. The loud music ruined it.
- An overpriced, overblown touristarthur003Dined on 2/12/2013An overpriced, overblown tourist trap. You can cook better steaks blindfolded. Hugely overblown and excessively overpriced.
- ho hum...GumbyVIPDined on 2/12/2013it just was not very impressive. The cost is extraordinary high for average food and service. it is Fine but if i want fine that are plenty of steakhouses in town for that at a cheaper price. i doubt i will go back or recommend it to my friends
- One of the best in VwgasLAGourmetVIPDined on 2/8/2013One of the very best steaks I've ever had - cooked perfectly. Great bread, wonderful mac and cheese. Chilled seafood platter amazing. Very pricy, but worth it.Special Features:
- The food was excellent howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013The food was excellent however the service was not up to my standards. The waitstaff was very friendly but they we're slow greeting the table and getting our wine list. I realize there was a large group my waiter must also take care of at the same time, but he should have more help to take care of the smaller tables when he has a large table to take care of. The help he did have only filled our water one time and never asked us if we needed anything else. I still rated the service a 3 star because the staff was friendly when they were taking care of us.Special Features:
- We were able to get a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2013We were able to get a table with better lighting but much of the restaurant was dimly lit. I do not like the trend of very dark restaurants in the evening.
- Food, service was superb -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2013Food, service was superb - heard about this place from a friend of mine. Was there during CES so tried it out and was not disapointed one bit. Seafood tower is a must for seafood lovers and the bone in filet is one of the best I have ever had. Will be back next time im in Vegas!Special Features:
- Busy Busy Busy must make reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/8/2013Busy Busy Busy must make reservations. Great Food. Great Bar. Excellent Service. Tight fit
- The food was good but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012The food was good but nothing special. The ambiance was horrible for what is suppose to be an upscale restaurant. I have sat in more comfortable booths at Dennys. The booth was on the outside of the restaurant so our entire meal we sat next to a major walkway in Caesars Palace which was not really upscale dining in my book.
- Great place for a steak.woooVIPDined on 12/11/2012Great place for a steak. Bacon as an appetizer. Service as you would expect.Special Features:
- Perfection in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2012We had the greatest service I have ever experienced. Our name was called when we were 10 feet from checking in at the exact time of our reservation. My wife and I were seated at a table for 4 and the cocktail waitress was there before I could get my napkin in my lap. The speed of service was exacting and at the pace we desired and our meal was fabulous. I am 69 years old and have eaten at least my share of beef. The rib-in ribeye there is the best I have ever had and equal to their restaurant at the Borgata in Atlantic City. The next time we are in Manhattan we will go to the original downtown location. I don't know if they put their best foot forward because we went through Open Table, but I don't care.Special Features: