Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caesarspalace.com/casinos/caesars-palace/restaurants-dining/old-homestead-detail.html
- Phone: 7027317560
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Gill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
Old Homestead Steakhouse, one of New York City's most historic restaurants, opened its first west coast location at Caesars Palace on December 22, 2011. The classic eatery has been known for its quality steak selections for more than 140-years. Las Vegas customers will also be welcomed by Annabelle, the iconic brown and white cow that has been greeting Old Homestead customers for decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Caesars Palace ›
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)romantic (52)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (42)good for groups (34)hot spot (20)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- JSSSDined on 5/17/2014This is a very good steak house. I have been to just a few better, but overall it was good. Food was good, and staff was very friendly and courteous. A little noisy, due to it being open to the casino.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuckyDudeDined on 5/17/2014Bone in filet was fatty and tough. Lobster bisque and shrimp appetizers were really good. Wish they offered horseradish instead of tobasco with the shrimp cocktail.
- Old and Tired HomesteadLennyDined on 5/16/2014Terrible Rib Eye steak. Could have been at Sizzler. Never again
- Food was good but over pricedutahgal1960Dined on 5/16/2014The food was very good but over priced. No sides came with your entrée. Everything was separate. Made for a very expensive dinner. I would not eat there again.Special Features:
- Bad VibeDillygirlDined on 5/10/2014Decided to try this steak house for our last night in Las Vegas. Our waitress was engaged at first, but once she realized that we weren't interested in additional sauces & other add-ons (for varying fees) she didn't try to hide her contempt. It was a really uncomfortable experience. We ordered calamari for our appetizer and it was inedible. Heavily breaded & overly salted, it was terrible (the Manager did apologize & took the charge off of our bill). My husband & I both ordered the 8 oz. filet and they were cooked to order and fine. Again, more salt than I like. We shared a baked potato and when it arrived at the table, it was cold. Between the passable food, the high prices and the contemptuous waitress, we won't be going back to this one.Special Features:
- The best steak house in VegasRingseaterDined on 5/7/2014Old homestead is outstanding in NYC with great steaks and the best rings on earth and this Vegas spot is a great place to enjoy notable food and have acess to a great wine list. The owner said hello as he was aware I have been to his place several time in NYC and service was superb. Go there , you won't regret and I have been to plenty other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brussels sprouts!FoodieDined on 5/7/2014I've had a lot of Brussels sprouts but these were THE BEST! The steak was very good and the cheesecake is very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible serviceRSD1VIPDined on 5/3/2014At 10PM on a Saturday night, with 3/4 of the tables open, our waitress was on her own schedule. Specifically, bread never came to the table ahead to get up and ask. Water refills, the same. Ice tea refills, the same. Never ordered a second drink since we were never asked. I travel on business and eat out a lot. On the Strip there are many great options. Too bad as the steaks and sides are some of the best.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceBDR6Dined on 5/3/2014Group of 6 for dinner - comfortable table, excellent service, enjoyable dinner. Significant delay between appetizers/salads and main course. My steak was excellent, comments from the others were - veal, lamb and risotto all were very good.Special Features:
- Steak and chips to the MaxSeatEatMeatDined on 5/2/2014We wanted a beautiful piece of fillet, perfectly cooked and served with duck fat fries and some greens for colour. And that's exactly what we got. If you know your steak, you know that the simplest isn't always the easiest. No problems here. Beautiful meat, perfectly seasoned and expertly served... One rare, one medium well and both delicious. As were the fries. The wine list was excellent, the service friendly and helpful, the price not too bad and the restaurant itself very stylish and plush. The noise the only slight negative, it was quite loud at times, acceptable but still loud. If you want to ask your partner to marry you, better get a quiet table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealedjuwashereDined on 4/30/2014For a great dinner before or after a show/performance at the Coliseum venue, this is the place. Quality of food and service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Not badbigeaterDined on 4/28/2014After some research we decided to try Old Homestead on our last Vegas trip. Service was impeccable as one would expect at this level of restaurant. Food on the other hand was a little lacking. Nothing was bad but nothing was great either. Steak was huge and cooked to proper temp but flavor was somewhat blah. The crab cake appetizer was probably the best item we tried. If anyone is looking to drop this kind of money on a meal, Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris is a much better bet. A meal that was actually memorable.
- Old Homestead SteakhouseJeaningeorgiaDined on 4/23/2014We took our 2 friends to Homestead to celebrate their B -days. We had the grilled thick bacon( pork belly). And it was so good-- the B- day girls were moaning that it was SO Good !!! They also agreed that the bone in rib eye was the Best Steak they had ever had. Our server-- Charles was fabulous in the care he gave us. We will certainly return on our next Las Vega visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will be backtapasyuDined on 4/22/2014The porterhouse steak was excellent...everything was excellent. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLEBIIIDined on 4/19/2014We sat and waited for 1:15 before anyone bothered o show their face and tell us that they were going to get on "those boys" to see where our dinner was. When it finally came it was so salty I had to send it back. Poor customer service. We left without eating.
- Steak and Elton JohnCrashdinesoutDined on 4/19/2014When we got to Old Homestead-Caesars Palace Las Vegas, we were greeted with a warm reception.. We had the Jumbo Shrimp on top of a Caesars Wedge, yummy...The Steaks were cooked just as ordered, medium rear, to perfection, with a Wine list to complement every bite.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarginalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014Small, over-crowded table--tried to seat us by the kitchen/bar service door VERY EXPENSIVE Steak over-cooked Would not recommend
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014Our experience was fantastic. We dined there prior to the Elton John concert and while we were somewhat concerned about the timing, everything turned out well. Our waiter, Cory, did a great job with the wine selections and the menu. The food was extraordinary and all of our party had a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceGordo65Dined on 4/17/2014Great Food, from the Appies to the Steak and the sides. Our Server Jesse was great, he was very informative on the menu and his suggestions were great. Ivan was the busboy and our drinks were always full and our table was cleared of plates no longer needed. I will be back the next time I am in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- excellent food. salmon wasellieVIPDined on 4/10/2014excellent food. salmon was just unbelievable and this in a steakhouse. we'll be back.Special Features:
- Very solidVegasvisitorVIPDined on 4/9/2014Our group (four of us for my mom's birthday dinner) had a great night at Old Homestead. Steak was perfectly cooked, sides were very good. The homemade tater tots were incredibly good. Wine list not insanely expensive. Excellent service all the way around. Bartenders did a great job for us before dinner. Charles, our server, was excellent. Sean, one of the managers looked closely after us. I would highly recommend dining here. Lots of steakhouses in vegas, and most of them are average/forgettable. Old Homestead is a winner. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around Fantastic experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/4/2014From the moment we reached the hostess station to the time we left the restaurant we had the best experience!!! The hostess had an up beat friendly conversation when taking us to the table. Our funny and all knowing server James kept us entertained, but not so much to take us away from our personal moments and enjoyment of the oh so savory food. Both the filet and swordfish were seasoned to perfection and delicious! I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys great food and great service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful serverunhappyDined on 4/3/2014We had a wonderful server but had difficulties with our appetizer and one main course. They compted our dessert which was really good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal - a bit priceyAndy59Dined on 3/30/2014We had a very good dinner at Old Homestead. The steaks were amongst the best but maybe not THE best I've had. Enjoyed the Gnocchi very much. Other apps and sides were also very good. The service was top notch, attentive but not intrusive. Other reviews rated the noise as excessive as it is open to the casino. We asked for an interior table and did not find the casino noise as a problem. There was a table of very loud, drunken other diners which the staff did their best to hasten their exit. I can't really blame Old Homestead. The biggest drawback was the very expensive prices. One does not expect bargain prices when dining at high end restaurants in Vegas but the increment in price may be more than the distinction of the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parBigDaddyDined on 3/30/2014I have had much better food at less expensive places. At Old Homestead, you are paying for ambience and Vegas, that's it. The lobster was below par, the steaks were nothing special and cooked just ok. Our bill was $586 for four people and it was not worth it.
- Disappointed.FlyersFanVIPDined on 3/28/2014I like my food and I love the Old Homestead in NY and Atlantic City. My friend and I were excited to give the Vegas version a try. We started off with the shellfish plateau. The lobster had no flavor. The shrimp were adequate and the king crab had a great taste. We ordered the porterhouse for two. The steak was just OK. No way around it. They use the same meat as the Gordon Ramsey restaurant and just miss the mark with flavoring. The porterhouse was cooked to temperature and it tasted ok. We went to Gordon Ramsey the next night and we ordered the same cut of meet and we were blown away. Our server was great but the kitchen needs some work.
- waste of money!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/26/2014Can not even cook the steak RARE!!! Very disappointing.
- Not ImpressedSunshine55Dined on 3/25/2014We were expecting FANTASTIC "melt in your mouth steaks (considering the price), however, the rib eyes were chewy, the sides were so-so.
- Date NightSmittyDined on 3/22/2014Our date night didn't go quite as planned. This was one of the loudest steak houses I've been to. Had we not been sitting at a table on adjacent corners we wouldn't have been able to have any conversation. A couple in the booth near us didn't speak during their entire meal. Most of the noise came from other patrons - groups of four or more and some from the crowd in the hallway after the Celine show let out. On the up side the food was excellent - filets cooked to perfection - one medium rare and one medium we'll. the house wine was quite good and the bacon creamed spinach was wonderful. Our server, Bradley, did a fine job. We probably would try it again on a week night not during march madness just to see if the noise level was less.
- Great Steak, Swordfish and Seafood!Phoenix2VegasDined on 3/21/2014Homestead is a must try if you're looking for great food, atmosphere, fabulous service wrapped up with a cool vibe. At the suggestion of our server, we tried the homemade tater tots....wow! They didn't disappoint and we would not have ordered them without Heather's encouragement. The swordfish was the best I've had - ever! Everyone else at our table ate steak cooked to sheer perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Steak and Service Should BeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014Porterhouse for two, medium rare, was the best we have had this century. Service off the scale. Thank you Rebecca and crew! "World's Best Martini" might be just that. And prepare to spend some money, the best comes with a price. One disclaimer--the Crème B.. was good but not the finest I ever had, --but the overall dining experience was of a high quality by which you will find yourself judging other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakDavebDined on 3/17/2014Loved my "Gotham" Ribeye. Maybe the best ribeye I've had. Great spices with a crispy layer and juicy inside. Cooked to perfection. Lobster bisque was nothing special, and the mushrooms we so so. I added a lobster tail which was a good move. Quite expensive, but it's what you expect in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a celebration dinner weOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/17/2014As a celebration dinner we were most pleased with the ambience, the food and our server, Rocky. He made excellent food and wine recommendations and was most informative about the restaurant. He was most attentive and checking back after each course. The gnocchi in truffle sauce was fantastic. The filet was most tender and flavorful. We will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday after the show...cd2indDined on 3/15/2014The service was excellent and we were seated immediately even being 30 minutes early. Our food was excellent, on par with the "best" steak houses.Special Features:
- Everything was very nice but...StephenDined on 3/15/2014The hallway sitting left a lot to be desired. My view was right into the kitchen and the door was often open. My wife had the better view. We had the porterhouse for two. Recommended! Asparagus was a little tough but potato gnocchi was great. My baked potato was huge. Wine list expansive and expensive though the $75 Graves was excellent.Special Features:
- Just OKMangansonDined on 3/11/2014We took a business group and all had steak. The meals were OK but not outstanding. The location is very convenient in the hotel complex. Decor was nice - just wish the steaks were better.Special Features:
- Our table wasn't ready, soMorrelliGirlVIPDined on 3/9/2014Our table wasn't ready, so we sat that the bar. My husband ordered a glass of cabernet. We transferred the drink bill to our table. Our party ordered bacon slabs (delicious), the Meatball (also delicious) for appetizers. My husband and I ordered the porterhouse steak for two (which was cooked to perfection) and gnocchi with truffle butter (out of this world delicious), a bottle of wine, which was pretty good. My friends ordered wild mushroom risotto and ribeye ... they had no complaints. Now the biggest problem is when the bill came and the cab my husband ordered at the bar was $28 !!!!! He disputed it because that was an outrage. He didn't order any special cab...they reduced it to $15. But watch out if you order the cab at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been betterKkpopsDined on 3/8/2014Very nice place but open to Caesars so very loud. The hostesses are somewhat pretentious but our server was very good. Overall the food was very good but not outstanding, which it should have been for the price.Special Features:
- Eating before CelineLapelsTobyDined on 3/8/2014Old Homestead seemed to tick the right boxes as we like steak, and location was literally on the door-step of the Colosseum. Service was very warm and every effort was made to enhance our dining experience. We opted for a steak and dessert. We had Filet Mignon with Bernaise sauce. The food was perfectly cooked and I especially liked the provision of a choice of accompaniments for the baked potato. When selecting a caramelised banana dessert, our waitress warned us that one would serve the two of us and she was right as it was huge and delicious. Nice to see the customer put before the profit! A perfect start to our evening - Celine did the rest. Bill with two glasses of Pinot Grigio and mineral water came to just over $200 excluding tip.Special Features:
- disappointedurslorDined on 3/6/2014first..I made the reservation noting it was our anniversary -Not even a chocolate truffle as a complimentary! I thought the lobster appetizer was very watery and tasteless, my swordfish first came with butter dripping all over even though I specifically asked for no sauce as a heart bypass patient then the fish came- but very fishy and would not recommend it. My wife's filet was tough and a bit stringy....I live here and could name many steak houses with better tasting steaks, more friendly local behavior for an celebration, and it was not a cheap meal. $294 for one appetizer, two main courses, and one side and a bottle of wine for $145. Save you money folks and go to Ceasar's Buffet.