Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caesarspalace.com/casinos/caesars-palace/restaurants-dining/old-homestead-detail.html
- Phone: 7027317560
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Gill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
Old Homestead Steakhouse, one of New York City's most historic restaurants, opened its first west coast location at Caesars Palace on December 22, 2011. The classic eatery has been known for its quality steak selections for more than 140-years. Las Vegas customers will also be welcomed by Annabelle, the iconic brown and white cow that has been greeting Old Homestead customers for decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Caesars Palace ›
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (49)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (28)hot spot (19)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014Great, great food. Borders on being too loud, but very energetic and fun. Service was a little on the slow side and they could probably benefit by more waiters. But the Waiter was very friendly when he did get around to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAmbianceDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed the outstanding service and food quality.Special Features:
- Steak StupendousSteaksRthemDined on 7/19/2014Really nice atmosphere. Food was superb ,staff very friendly and accommodating.A really nice experience.Special Features:
- What a great place For any occasionorange31Dined on 7/18/2014We were seated early in a booth with excellent people watching and had great service. Starting with the bread - we asked for more pretzel rolls - so good!! On to calamari, caesar salad (we were at caesars!) then had the NY Strip with lobster mashed potatoes. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone who asked and to my close friends too! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all goodfoodloverDined on 7/16/2014Every bite was delicious. An extraordinary experience.Special Features:
- Best rib eye steakluv2eatVIPDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I were celebrating an early Amherst anniversary celebration. Went on open table and decided to try Old Homestead. We were highly satisfied. Service was excellent. Nolan was attentive and suggested items to try. My husband had the 20 oz Gotham bone in rib eye and I had the 16 oz bone off. The best tasting steak Steve had in awhile. I will definitely be back. Well worth the money and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!VetyExyVIPDined on 7/8/2014Had the 20 oz Gotham Ribeye! Very good! Also, had the chocolate chip huge cookie with a gigantic scoop of vanilla ice cream dessert! Wow! Kevin provided great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsAD23Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent Food! Great wait staff. A must visit when you are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was disappointedMelHDined on 7/5/2014We ordered Porterhouse for 2 - medium as I like it and the Peppercorn sauce along with Caesar Salad (split for 2 because they said the portions were HUGE) and one "family style" lobster mac and cheese as the side dish. Well big disappointment. The steak is cooked at such a high heat the sear on the outside gets little overdone. The inside temp was great, but steak REALLY had no "pizazz" to the seasoning or taste and sauce did not add much to the flavor. Caesar for two was NO WHERE enough to share and while the Lobster mac and cheese was enough for the two of us, it was no where near "family size" proportion AND was not very hot or fresh, the pasta was VERY dry and the whole side was not appetizing. Will not be back. Go to Craftsteak!
- loved itth454saVIPDined on 7/5/2014loved the place just dont think its a place for kids was seated and then a family with children sat next to usSpecial Features:
- Over-Indulged!bandit124Dined on 7/4/2014Late dinner after a show at the Colosseum. The server and sommelier were superb, attentive and had excellent recommendations. We split the Vine Ripe Tomatoes with Basil & Fresh Burrata. The split was just the right portion size for us, the tomatoes were tasty and the vinaigrette smooth. Both the Bone-In Ribeye and Bone-In Filet Mignon had great flavor. The filet was overcooked. The server offered to have another cooked; my wife declined so we could eat together. Instead he insisted on comp'ing a desert. The Blue Cheese Potatoes were delicious; the Steamed Broccoli was, well, steamed broccoli. We split the Cheesecake - it was to die for! The Merry Edwards Pinot was excellent! $$$$ well deserved - very expensive! Noisy from The Shadow Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014We had dinner here and enjoyed the steak! BE mindful it is very very expensive be prepared again the steak was amazing and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every way!lovevegasDined on 7/3/2014I had the filet. My husband had the chicken, both were excellent. The service was also fantastic. Everyone was attentive, the food was served as ordered and hot. Will definitively easy here again next time were in Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy AnniversaryBagatelleladyDined on 7/3/2014Reservations were easy to make on Open Table. We requested a booth and got one. The steaks were amazing! And, in ten years we have tried a lot of well known steak houses. A great meal, service and complimentary dessert for our anniversary!Special Features:
- mimiVIPDined on 6/30/2014Service was great and our server Berke was very pleasant and kind. Knowledgeable and friendly. The colossial shrimp is the best I ever had! Giant and juicy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014My wife and I both had some of the best steaks in town. We try a new place each visit, and this will probably be our go-to for a while. We have started off years ago hitting all the to rated places and either having a great meal and bad ambiance or vise-verse. It should be noted that we like darker, quieter atmospheres. So if this may not be your place if you enjoy techno music blaring in your ear (Gordan Ramsey Steak House).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestieYummyDined on 6/28/2014The food, bone in filet was amazing. Perfectly cooked, juicy with a slightly crunchy topping, so good. Our waitress was very knowable and fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicestiger2004Dined on 6/19/2014Old homestead is great place to have dinner, good food, affordable wine, excellent services.Special Features:
- DisappointedEatersVIPDined on 6/19/2014Seafood plater had no flavor. Just blah. Steaks just o.k. Service was good. Overall disappointed.
- DinnerLasvegasDined on 6/18/2014As usual a great dining experience and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014Great food and service. Will go back next time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass this one bymcdancerDined on 6/17/2014The food was good, but not attractively presented. Outrageously expensive! Look for better value elsewhere
- One of the bestTokentexanDined on 6/15/2014We travel internationally on business in addition to having our home base in Las Vegas. Old Homestead provided one of the best steak experiences in our list of good steakhouses, and we will definitely be back when we are next at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014One of my favorite strip steakhouses, the food and service are always top notch. I usually dine at the bar but had a friend with me so we dined at a table for his birthday. He was absolutely amazed with everything and always wants to go back.Special Features:
- FantasticTayloriwDined on 6/7/2014Wow,, how good is the fillet steak here, also the peppercorn sauce with duck fries are to die for,,, will be returning here for sureSpecial Features:
- DearyDined on 6/6/2014Although the meat was of superb quality, the restaurant was very noisy and the cheque quite high for the food we orderedSpecial Features:
- Shawnsem1123Dined on 6/5/2014Very good food. Steak was cooked perfectly to everyone's liking. Expensive, but that was expected. Everyone left full and satisfied. Definitely would recommend for that one night on your trip where you want to splurge. Not uptight like Prime at the Bellagio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in VegasJKAB13DiningDined on 6/4/2014Amazing food and overall service!! Management is top notch and wine selection is the best reds I've seen!!! Go here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shooter73Dined on 6/3/2014Have had diner there twice. Superb steak, great service. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- willDined on 5/31/2014Everything was outstanding, food, ambience and service. Our server, Cory, was the best.Special Features:
- Great steaks!PhleeVIPDined on 5/24/2014Very good steaks! But you get what you pay for, plus it's Vegas! Expect to pay $50. For an 8 oz filet without any sides. Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fantastic againStevieBDined on 5/20/2014My 6th visit and each time is truly great. The ribeye is a must and my usual waiter, Nolan, remembers me every time and always provides great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 254 reviews are from the Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas reviews archive.
- not impressednotimpressedDined on 5/18/2014as a regular customer at the new york location this one certainly did not impress me. although the service was good the food quality was not. first of all when i made the reservation i said it was for my wife's birthday. i told the host and both waiters the same and when we were done with our meal ( which we spent over $300 ) we were not offered any kind of dessert for her birthday. how rude that seemed to me. as for the food that was served, we ordered the bacon well done and it was not even close to that. the shrimp cocktail was overdone and tough. my wife ordered the salmon and it was terrible the way it was prepared. my steak was tough and nothing like the quality i expect from old homestead when i visit the new york location.
- JSSSDined on 5/17/2014This is a very good steak house. I have been to just a few better, but overall it was good. Food was good, and staff was very friendly and courteous. A little noisy, due to it being open to the casino.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuckyDudeDined on 5/17/2014Bone in filet was fatty and tough. Lobster bisque and shrimp appetizers were really good. Wish they offered horseradish instead of tobasco with the shrimp cocktail.
- Old and Tired HomesteadLennyDined on 5/16/2014Terrible Rib Eye steak. Could have been at Sizzler. Never again
- Food was good but over pricedutahgal1960Dined on 5/16/2014The food was very good but over priced. No sides came with your entrée. Everything was separate. Made for a very expensive dinner. I would not eat there again.Special Features:
- Bad VibeDillygirlDined on 5/10/2014Decided to try this steak house for our last night in Las Vegas. Our waitress was engaged at first, but once she realized that we weren't interested in additional sauces & other add-ons (for varying fees) she didn't try to hide her contempt. It was a really uncomfortable experience. We ordered calamari for our appetizer and it was inedible. Heavily breaded & overly salted, it was terrible (the Manager did apologize & took the charge off of our bill). My husband & I both ordered the 8 oz. filet and they were cooked to order and fine. Again, more salt than I like. We shared a baked potato and when it arrived at the table, it was cold. Between the passable food, the high prices and the contemptuous waitress, we won't be going back to this one.Special Features:
- The best steak house in VegasRingseaterDined on 5/7/2014Old homestead is outstanding in NYC with great steaks and the best rings on earth and this Vegas spot is a great place to enjoy notable food and have acess to a great wine list. The owner said hello as he was aware I have been to his place several time in NYC and service was superb. Go there , you won't regret and I have been to plenty other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brussels sprouts!FoodieDined on 5/7/2014I've had a lot of Brussels sprouts but these were THE BEST! The steak was very good and the cheesecake is very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.