14442 Solomons Island Road
Solomons, MD 20688Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stoneysseafoodhouse.com/
- Phone: 4103940236x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jon Newbegin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private dining areas overlooking the water. One is located upstairs with a private outdoor patio and bar. The other is located at street level and is separated from the main dining room by french doors.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Faughnan 410-394-0237x
- Entertainment: Live acoustic guitar on Thursday and Friday nights at the downstairs bar.
- Special Events: Check our website for wine diners, live entertainment and bar specials!
A word from Stoney's Kingfishers
The elegant dining room of Kingfishers merges artwork with nature. A mural spans the space and is accented by lifelike hand-crafted wooden carvings of Maryland estuary life. All of this overlooks the scenic waterfront of a Patuxent River inlet. Kingfishers is the perfect place to fulfill your business or social event. It is refined enough to have an important meeting but also casual enough to stop in for a beer and some fare after work. Also available is an outside deck, several transient slips, and an upstairs dining area and bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Stoney's Kingfishers - Best Restaurants in Solomons ›
Stoney's Kingfishers reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (37)great for outdoor dining (35)great for lunch (20)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (12)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Dinner With FamilySouthernMarylandDined on 12/28/2013One meal was brought out 25 minutes after the rest. Food was ok. Atmosphere was nice.
- Great sea food restaurant.TraceyDined on 12/26/2013Great sea food restaurant. The fish n chips was amazing and lets not forget the crab dip. OMG We loved it! Friendly staff, great musician playing in the bar. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great FoodSOMDFunClubDined on 12/7/2013Made reservations for 18, they were fully prepared with 2 servers even though not all 18 showed up. Food was very good to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still lovin' Stoney's!LaurieDined on 12/1/2013We love Stoney's! The menu is varied but my husband has been dreaming about the crabcakes at Stoney's since we left the country 5 years ago! He was not dissappointed! Don't let the size of the 5 OZ. crabcake on the plate fool you! Just about 100% crab! The crabcakes were a hit with everyone and the other dishes we had were delicious and every plate was full! The dining room was casual and airy making for a relaxing meal with friends. We will come back as often as we can and definitely continue to recommend Stoney's to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They come for the crabcakesLocalGuyDined on 11/1/2013I had family visiting from the Midwest who wanted seafood so we picked Stoney's. It wasn't too busy for a Friday night, so that was good for us. We ordered the rockfish bites and bacon wrapped scallops for appetizers, and both were very good. Most of us ordered Stoney's signature item, the crab cake sandwich. The crabcake was good, but the bun was mediocre and crumbled easy. There used to be a big difference between the size of the regular crab cake sandwich and the petite one, but not much if any that we could tell. It's nice that Stoney's now allows people to get a salad with the sandwich instead of only coleslaw. The honey mustard salad dressing I had was very good. The Old Bay french fries were good, and not real spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMarkDined on 10/19/2013Always great food and service. I generally try to have lunch/dinner at least once when I'm in the area. Never had any complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made my reservation throughluv2golfDined on 10/16/2013I made my reservation through your site open table, however, when we got to the restaurant they had no record of my reservation and they had to set up a table to 16 people. Not sure how open table works, but, you should make sure the restaurant knows about the reservation. The service and food was fabulous! Thank goodness they were not busy that day and we were able to be seated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for groupsMarcoDined on 10/11/2013We found this place less than a mile from the Holiday Inn Express in Solomon's Island. The oysters and other food were good, including their salmon BLT. Beer collection was respectable and had a few gems in there as well. Good location for the post convention escape for dinner, drinks and fellowship.Special Features:
- Nice waterfront view, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013We were here early on a beautiful evening. Nothing to complain about, except portions on SOME dishes. The best dish we had was the mussels in the spicy sauce (I don't remember the name). Portion on the rockfish gyro was tiny, disappointing. Only other negative was the power boat that fired up its engine for a while next to us, waiting on a passenger. Eventually a thoughtful passenger suggested that the captain kill the engine until they were ready to go. The wait staff could have gently suggested that sooner! Anyhow, I would definitely return even though this was an above average check for us. Generally I find seafood places to be too noisy or too something else, this was just casual enough to be a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We requested, and got, seatinglisabeeDined on 8/31/2013We requested, and got, seating on the deck...great view of the inlet, small boats coming and going. There was a breeze that evening, and it was just a delightful meal !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and relaxed...PalmlynDined on 8/31/2013This was our first visit and we would definitely go back. Mostly, to try the other menu items. We had the Rockfish Gyros and the Chesapeake Caprese Salad. Both were fantastic. Drinks were good and service was great. Our server was very busy, but didnt miss a beat. We ate outside and watched the boats come and go. There are better water views on the island, but it's still a good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good timeSpiderDined on 8/19/2013The crab balls were pretty good. Ahi tuna not so much. But not known for tuna I think!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table Reservation Not FoundElf4Dined on 8/16/2013When we arrived at the restaurant, they had no record of our reservation. LUCKILY, they had a table available. The server was pleasant, the view from our outdoor table was lovely, and the food was above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenlycrabloverDined on 8/3/2013This is the place for fresh crab cakes! Real lump crab in balls the size of a tennis ball or baseball! The rockfish bites or gyro are terrific too. Always a friendly and relaxing atmosphere. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for inedible food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2013I had some crab cakes in April when I was here. They tasted like they had been rinsed in chlorine. I thought it might be me. I was there with a party of six this week. I can't begin to say what was wrong. The fried shrimp had to have come from a box in the frozen food section...inedible to a man who actually is a vendor of food. I tried the grilled shrimp and that chlorine taste was there again. I asked someone else to taste it and they agreed. The corn on the cob had a strip of cheese that wasn't even melted on it....just sort of sat there and slid off when you picked up the corn...both were tasteless. Our bill was well over 200.00 for a meal that was mediocre at best. I will not return.
- Excellent water viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2013The Kingfisher remains the place in Solomons for family and group gatherings to enjoy good authentic Maryland seafood in a welcoming and friendly waterfront gathering place. Dock your boat or come by car the staff will treat you well and food will delight the taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Disappointing Crab CakesBillSVIPDined on 7/6/2013Based on its reputation for terrific crab cakes, my wife and I tried Stoney's over the July 4 weekend. We were served what I can only characterize as the worst crab cakes either of us has ever eaten. My wife grew up in Maryland and I've lived here for 20 years, so we've had a lot of crab cakes for comparison. The crab cakes at Stoney's tasted like mushy deep-fried bread balls. I have no idea what happened to the filler-free versions touted in the positive reviews posted in the restaurant lobby, but they were nowhere to be seen this weekend.
- Nice 4th of July treatBobbyDined on 7/4/2013Stoney's delivered with two wonderful appetizers in the fried Sea bass and crab dip. The large crab cake sandwiches were full Of meat with no shell and were quite tasty but filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice water view!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2013Stoney's Kingfishers is nestled right on Solomon's Island with a great inlet view. The waiter was very attentive but the food was just average. If you're celebrating a special occasion (we were celebrating a wedding anniversary) and want a more intimate, cozy atmosphere, Stoney's is a bit too casual and open : (Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013never had a bad meal here. neptune's platter is always a favorite whether you order it fried or broiled!Special Features:
- Crab CakeHHIdiningDined on 6/29/2013The crab cake needs to go back to the way it was prepared and served when Stoney's 1st opened. Not prepared the way we remembered and enjoyed it. At one time, was the best crab cake in MD. Scallops were very good, but served with plain quick white rice and squash. Please, use some imagination.Special Features:
- So ,soSteffieDined on 6/17/2013We did not expect much and were not disappointed. The Rockfish Bites We're the highlight of the meal. Perfectly fried, sauces were excellent. The service we reflected in the tip. Adequate not stellar. But, if your hungry you could do worse.Special Features:
- Our service was great andLOCALSDined on 6/10/2013Our service was great and the crab cakes were good as usual. I will say that my side, coleslaw, was tasteless and so I did not really touch it after I tasted it. That was a bit of a disappointment. I seem to remember this from a previous visit. Might want to think about changing this recipe. Other than that, our dining experience was a positive one and we all enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- Good food always. Service is slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2013Service is slow, whether it is is full or we are the only ones. Food us always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013Party of 4 for my fathers bday n we ordered everything from the rockfish bites to the petite steamer and Neptune platter Nd everything was great! Drinks came fast n tasted right on point. Will returnSpecial Features:
- On the waterJonathonDined on 5/17/2013Quickly becoming out go to spot when people from out of town visit. Very charming, good food, good beer, and great view! Also it helps they have a dog friendly area when the dog comes with us.Special Features:
- Excellent CrabcakesMrzButtrWorthDined on 5/12/2013The crabcakes were excellent, no filler. The size was reasonable, larger than what was expected. The bacon wrapped scallops were tasty as well. Our waiter was very attentive. The scenic view was awesome. So nice to walk across the street and take a stroll on the pier on a sunny day. I'd recommend this spot for a family outing or a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome CrabcakesMikeDined on 5/11/2013The crabcakes at Stoney's Kingfishers are some of the best we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lost Crab Cake.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The crab cakes were tasteless and doughy. The recipe for Stoney's Crab cakes has changed. They aren't lump crab cakes and the is so much filler that they taste like a dough ball. The worst part is that there is no seasoning or flavor to them. Stoney's used to be the only place to get a GREAT crab cake and now there's none.Special Features:
- Decent crabcakes, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Decent crabcakes, good service and lovely bar scene.Can accommodate large family groups with ease.Special Features:
- Huge mound of crabcake (5yumyumVIPDined on 3/15/2013Huge mound of crabcake (5 oz), but had expected more lump meat. Not much filler. Old Bay fries were crispy, but didn't have enough seasoning. Gorgeous waterfront view. Live music from the bar.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/10/2013We had a wonderful time celebrating Valentine's day a bit early. The service was great, the food was awesome. The view is magnificent from almost every table.Special Features:
- Stoney's for Sunday brunch/lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/3/2013Great dining experience at Stoney's Kingfishers. Crabcake was great. Service was friendly and staff got it right.