Pomona Valley Mining Company
1777 Gillette Rd
Pomona, CA 91768Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Pomona Valley Mining Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pomonavalleyminingco.com/
- Phone: 9096233515
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Valenzuela
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With five banquet rooms hosting both large parties and private ceremonies, Pomona Valley Mining Company offers the flexibility in event space to help you plan an incredible event. The panorama view, day or night, is an unmatched backdrop for any special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Catalfo 9096233515
- Entertainment: Coyote Lounge on Friday nights 8pm-1am offers fine drinks and beautiful live music, from bossa nova and jazz, to folk sounds and modern indie pop.
Currently two residencies at Coyote Lounge: Philosophy of Soul & Jetpacks and Laser Guns.
A word from Pomona Valley Mining Company
Pomona Valley Mining Company provides our guests with a rustic, casual, and relaxing, American steakhouse and saloon experience. Quality meats, poultry and seafood. Hearty soups, fresh produce and rich desserts. Eclectic wines, classic, and new classic cocktails. Allow yourself to relax and enjoy as you soak in the incredible view of the world from up here. You’ll be better for it…our promise!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pomona Valley Mining Company reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (80)special occasion (46)romantic (39)good for groups (33)great for brunch (24)kid-friendly (16)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Salad bar was great, the cheesy bread was tasty, French Onion soup was a little greasy, my ribs were great but my wife's scampi was in an Alfredo sauce that she didn't like. Surprised that there was a $5 parking fee and the sign read, Valet or self park. I can understand the former but why the charge to park the vehicle yourself. I would go back but only for a special occasion because of the cost of the meal.Special Features:
- service mediocre, ambiance betterFoodyDined on 6/15/2014Came for Father's day, even with reservations we had to wait 30 mins. The bartender in the waiting area, was disgruntled and talked like he didn't want to be there. The salad bar took awhile to refill their soup bowls. What made up for their lack of service was the ambiance and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!WendyDined on 6/15/2014After driving by this restaurant for over 20 years seeing it up in the hill off the freeway, we decided to finally try it for Father's Day :) We made a 4:45 reservation. All of the staff we encountered were great. Our server was Kat. She was very knowledgeable of the menu Great personality with just the right amount of joking around (which we like). We took advantage of the Prime Rib and Lobster special for 38.00 which Kat pointed out that usually the lobster alone is 35.00. This also included the soup and salad bar. All of the food was perfect! We would like to come back for Sunday brunch next time!
- reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014i had made reservations for a 2 pm thinking it was for the restaurant and not brunch. unfortunately is was brunch. some of the food was running out, no coffee served. too expensive for what we got. will not recommend or come back. disappointed about the fact that it was for a brunch unknowingly
- Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Amazing food and amazing service. They feed so many people for these types of occasions and do a fantastic job. I suggest getting a reservation if you don't want to wait for long.Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchBradyBunch5Dined on 6/15/2014Their Sunday Champagne Brunch was awesome. Came here on Father's Day, reserved for 2 thru Open Table the night before. Easy! My only complaint would be they need more choices for the salad bar... More fruits and greens. The layout of the buffet was spread out into 2 rooms which you had to cut in front of waiting customers as they checked in. The bottle neck was awkward with a plateful of food as you walked thru. Overall food was tasty and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pomona Mining Highly RecommendedBenifanDined on 6/14/2014All I can say about this place is, you have to go check it out. I love it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grad dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Beautiful view of the area! Overbooked for a busy night. Enjoyed good food but somewhat limited menu. Fun place to celebrate the graduation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation dinnercopykiddDined on 6/14/2014Food was superb and the service top notch! The group especially liked the view from the hill overlooking the city. The Manager Shawna made herself available several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't care for requestsDot08Dined on 6/13/2014I made a reservation requesting to be next to the window because it was our wedding anniversary and they totally ignored it. Instead they put us near the window which is not what I asked for at all. Also they took forever to give me my glass of wine which tasted like it came from an old opened bottle. Totally flat and awful. This was the second time I went there and the last!
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014My wife and I went back to the restaurant for our 1 yr anniversary. It's quite the place to go if you want to spend time with your spouse. Ask for Kat she is a 'GREAT' server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014We went for our 29th wedding anniversary and everything was fantastic. We had seen it from the freeway for many years and finally decided to go. It was a great choice and we'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- Eat Beef!VetranRockDined on 6/7/2014I loved my meal. the steak was on point, the baked potato upgrade was perfect, my side of scallops were the best I have had. So you wonder why my rating is so harsh? My wife's chicken breast was the worst I have ever seen. It was our anniversary and she had the worst chicken meal ever. The chicken breast had 1/4 inch of fat all along the bottom of it, it was chewy and two to three bites into it she was over it. We don't send food back nor complain. I would assume if someone spends $25 on a plate of chicken they would eat it or take it home, we didn't, I couldn't believe the server didn't pick up on the uneaten chicken and ask was there something wrong? then We would of said something, but like I said we don't normally complain. Eat Steak !Special Features:
- Out2celebrateDined on 6/6/2014Its an okay place, yes, service was outstanding, but the food wasn't. For what they charge food should be at the very least piping hot.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceMarcy14Dined on 6/1/2014We recently went to the Pomona Mining Company for Sunday Brunch. Our server was Daniela. We couldn't have asked for a nicer person. She was friendly, efficient, and was constantly checking on us to make sure that everything was going well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Time Was HadSassyDSDined on 6/1/2014I enjoyed Sunday Brunch with a friend a week ago. The food was good, pricing was fair & the service was decent. I would recommend everyone try Pomona Valley Mining Co at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly@3!MrBrunchDined on 5/25/2014The Sunday Brunch wasn't bad the only thing that bothered me was that at exactly 3pm the workers swarmed out and started clearing all the food. I think a little grace period or a heads-up from the wait staff would've been appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 216 reviews are from the Pomona Valley Mining Company reviews archive.
- OKez5157Dined on 5/17/2014Food was good, we waited about 35min before our table was ready. It needs to be updated, and was very loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food horrible servicedrew1Dined on 5/16/2014I booked a reservation which was easy . I got there and it waited only about 5 mins to be seated. We ordered our food which took forever to get to us and the waitress in a hr dinner probably came to our table about 1. We needed refills and etc and it kinda spoiled the night. The service needs improvement. On that being said the food was great no complaints there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day mistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My entire family was really looking forward to eating here for Mother's Day and we were all disappointed . The food was all just warm on the buffet and by the time you got back to your seat your whole plate was cold. I couldn't even tell you if the food was good because seriously everything was so cold that you would never know. I know that Mother's Day is a busy day to eat out because no mother wants to cooking Mother's Day but I wish I would have saved the $200 we spent at this place. Sorry to be so mean about it but it ruined my day and my moms day. I waited to talk to the manager after we ate and after 10 minutes we just left.Special Features:
- So,SoDisappointedDined on 5/10/2014Food was fair. Salad bar was very nice. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Deliciousenroe187Dined on 5/10/2014Out of all the food they offered for brunch, there was only one item I didn't like. And all you can drink mimosas?? Why not!! Definitely going back next year for Mother's Day again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was ok...foodieDined on 5/10/2014Took my mom out here for mother's day brunch. It was decent. The servers were very nice and helpful but the food was just okay. It would be nice if they did some remodeling because everything looks old...Special Features:
- Lackluster experienceratatouilleDined on 5/10/2014I reserved my table about a week in advance of mother's day and chose this restaurant by the glowing reviews and positive feedback; however, upon arrival, the initial greeter appeared to be uninterested with me and my family and was more in lines with the standard DMV greeting of "Next customer". When I asked about estimated time to be seated, the young lady, simply disregarded my inquiry and informed me to have a seat in the "waiting area" (a group of chairs in the middle of the dining room next to the stage). Not only did this feel awkward, the ambiance felt as though this event was a cheap attempt to exploit the multitude of families ready to express appreciation for the mothers in their lives. The food and service were mediocre at best
- Great place but needs updatingNomnomDined on 5/10/2014I have always wanted to stop by this location and finally decided to take my mother here for Mothers Day brunch. The food selection was great but I could not help but feel like we were in a run down restaurant due to the decor and carpets. For the amount that we spent, I expected a nicer ambiance inside the restaurant. Fortunately, the view was spectacular and the service was outstanding! Definitely worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old and TiredOldHatDined on 5/9/2014The service was good but the food was not very good. The whole experience was old and tired. While the theme used to be the "in thing" Pomona Valley Mining Company is now just trying to keep up with it's old self, and not very good at that. We witnessed every car pulling up while we were leaving were an "older" crowd. This obviously lends to the summary of people trying to re-live years gone by.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014We went for a birthday dinner and the food was horriable. The salad bar was bland nothing special. The soup was bland. No one went for seconds. The cheese bread could be made at home in seconds in the micorwave.We didn't need a refill !!My Mahi Hi was coked okay but it must of been only four ounces. My husbands steak was overcooked. We were hoping for an experience like we had at Copacabana's last month. When your spending $200 for four for dinner you want it to be an experiece. I think Sizzler Restaurant would of been better.
- MUST MUST MUST COMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014THIS PLACE IS A MUST! WE HAD A RESERVATION AT 7:30, AND WE ARRIVED EARLY TO SIT IN THE LOUNGE AND ENJOY THE VIEW WITH SOME APPETIZERS! WHEN IT WAS 7:30 THE HOST CAME AND CHECKED UP ON US TO SEE HOW WE ARE DOING, AND TOO SEE IF WE READY TO BE SAT. AS WE WERE WALKING TO THE TABLE THE HOST BEGAN TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH US, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS NICE! HE HAD ASKED IF WE HAVE BEEN HER BEFORE AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS, AND GAVE US HIS FAVORITE RECOMMENDATION ON THE MENU! OUR SERVER BRANDEE WAS AMAZING! SO ON TOP OF HER GAME WHEN OUR MEAL CAME OUT IT WAS DELICIOUS, I ORDERED WHAT THE HOST RECOMMENDED WHICH WAS FILET WITH BELL PEPPERS ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS, FANTASTIC! THEN WE ORDERED THE BREAD PUDDING! MY FAVORITE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outSassyDined on 5/6/2014We were celebrating our anniversary, and had a very nice evening. The firepit was a nice touch. It was raining a bit, and afterwards there was a beautiful rainbow. The food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedMelyDined on 4/29/2014Every part of the meal was just a little off. Nothing really tasted great.The waitress was so slow. We waited for everything way too long. It was not busy yet it took 20 minutes just to get our order.First and last time there. Go to Northwoods it is better and cheaper!Special Features:
- Awesome steakMalocco42Dined on 4/25/2014Steak is so awesome and tender!! Such a beautiful view and great service.Special Features:
- nice athmoshereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014the restaurant has unique mining athosphere and great view. Can enjoy a bar of salad with all entrees.Special Features:
- Wonderful AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014I surprised my husband this year by making reservations, I knew he would love the ambience and great steaks but being that Ive only seen the Pomona Mining in passing since I was a child from the freeway I was the one who was in for the surprise, it was more then I even expect from the moment we arrived in the parking lot , the decore, scenic views, menu choices, quality and amount of food is all excellent. Our server was wonderful and acknowledge our anniversary. All in all a night to remember.Special Features:
- Friendly StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We were treated very well even though we stayed very late! Staff was courteous, even friendly to our late night dining, recommending desserts and tea selections. Overall a really nice experience!Special Features:
- Good for groups, BUT...FoodserviceGalDined on 4/11/2014We wanted a special place to take our two kids for dinner and hadn't visited in several years. The decor is a little tired, but the "mining" theme and view made up for it. We were greeted and seated in a friendly and timely manner. The salad bar was nothing special, but the refrigerated "pans" contributed to the mining theme/special night. After ordering, it took a very long time to have food delivered and the server (while friendly) seemed only able to wait on one table at a time (not multi-task). The manager noticed the long delay and made a point to provide the rest of the wine bottle (complementary). By the time our food arrived, our kids were starving. Food was okay, but, we won't likely return in the near future.Special Features:
- Love this placeDeliciousdinnerDined on 4/6/2014I have been here three times now and the service and food never fail to impress me, the view is amazing and I am definitely coming back and telling all my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointinglvasqDined on 3/30/2014After many reviews of this resturant by friends I decided to book my anniversary dinner here. I am so upset that I did! The Coconut Shrimp appitizer was the best thing we had. My husbands Prime Rib was cold and not seasoned so was my Filet Minon (Oscar Style). As it took a long time to get our food originally we didn't send anything back as we just wanted to leave. Even speaking to the manager he made me feel like he really didn't care that my first experience there was not what I should have experienced. We will NEVER go back or recommend this place.!!!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014My parents and I had a great time. The only complaint was we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated with a reservation. If I have a reservation I don't expect to have to wait. The food was good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014We love going here for brunch. The pork was delicious today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timesfood1Dined on 3/19/2014I had a really great time the food was great and the view was breathtaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.