The Saddle Room
2559 Pratum Ave.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Saddle Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesaddleroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8476457500x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10:00am to 10:00pm
Monday thru Thursday 11:00am to 12:00am
Friday & Saturday 11:00am to 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Saddle Room
The Saddle Room offers an American Eclectic menu that changes with each season. Whether in one of our three dining rooms, lounge, wine bar, or track room, you are assured of a great experience. So relax and enjoy the upbeat atmosphere, friendly service, and most of all the unique Gastronomy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Saddle Room - Best Restaurants in Hoffman Estates ›
The Saddle Room reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (102)fit for foodies (65)special occasion (65)good for groups (64)romantic (52)scenic view (44)notable wine list (40)great for lunch (32)hot spot (28)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (14)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Bartender bluesLuvitDined on 4/10/2014I brought my girlfriends here for the great bar & Martini's. We were do disappointed in the attitude & service of our bartenders. It wasn't even busy. Ed was the 1st bartender and Another man stepped in I assume to help but both were Unpleasant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VegtablesDeKayDined on 4/5/2014All food was very well prepared, I am a vegetarian and loved the optionsSpecial Features:
- Best steak I've had in quiteDutchDined on 4/5/2014Best steak I've had in quite sometime. In my top 5 of steaks I've ever eaton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014Portions were a little small but the quality of the food is very good.Special Features:
- DisappointedHuntley3Dined on 3/29/2014Food was overpriced for the quality. Tried the braised Shank and it was tough and full of grissel. To the managements credit they removed it from my bill. The ambiance was good.Special Features:
- MMMMfoodgalVIPDined on 3/29/2014New to area went after hearing rave reviews. I am a foodie an I found the menu selections a mish mash. Lot of ingredients in each dish almost overkill. Like somone went to cooking school and tried to take everything they learned an put that in every dish. Server was good food ok portions decent. Prices were very high both for food an wine by the glass. On a Friday night there were alot of empty tables. Might go back for more bar fare but dinner/wine just to high priced for the area it is in..
- Wonderful Experience!AndreaDined on 3/29/2014We live in the city and were meeting family here who live in Rockford. Without knowing the area, we sure made a great choice. What a cool restaurant inside and out! The service was impeccable and the food was fresh, innovative and delicious! Rivals a lot of restaurants in the city. We just might have to make a special trip out to Hoffman Estates just to eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddle UpSteveDined on 3/27/2014We are from out of town and used Open table to find this restaurant. It was as advertised. Interesting menu done well. We had calamari for the table to start and it was wonderful, served hot and tender. The flatbreads were thin, crispy and huge. The salmon cooked to order and the fish stew was good although a bit more tomatoey than expected. Wines by the glass list is impressive, if a bit expensive. One downside is the place is cavernous and on a busy night I imagine it could be quite loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit andSunshineStarDined on 3/27/2014This was our first visit and we were pleasantly surprised at the cozy relaxed atmosphere. Reduced Happy Hour prices is a definite plus. My entrée of tortellini was a wonderful creamy delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very pleased withFine2VIPDined on 3/23/2014We were very pleased with our Martinis and entrées. Our server was knowledgeable and recommended the POM- A-Dor Martini, liquor was top shelf, fresh ingredients and filled to the top...an excellent cocktail. I had a Kobe Burger, cooked just like I requested, juicy and delicious and my husband ordered the South of the Border Chicken another delicious entrée. We can't wait to go back and try other items.Special Features:
- going back...karenbDined on 3/22/2014Great food, ambiance, decor, drink....can't wait to bring some more friends and go back! Whether going for just drink, dessert or a meal....great place to check out! Service is great, quick, yet makes you feel "special"....loved it!Special Features:
- First time!JennDined on 3/21/2014This visit was my first time having dinner and drinks at Saddle Room. I enjoyed everything about it. Great location too.Special Features:
- Menu is varied as well asOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Menu is varied as well as unique! Superb selections of cocktails, wine, and beer. Making online reservations made things so much easier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in the burbs!Muffin34VIPDined on 3/13/2014The menu was awesome, the service was great, the drinks were good and I really want to take that fire place home with me. Not only is the drinks list amazing, everybody in your party will find something to eat off of that menu. And be sure to save room for dessert, the rootbeer cookies are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014The service was very, very good. Our server knew the menu by heart and head good suggestions. The steaks were very good and the Shank was as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!KT37Dined on 3/8/2014My husband and I were looking for someplace new for a date night that wasn't the same old same old. The Saddle Room delivered! It's our new favorite spot. Delicious, eclectic menu offerings and creative cocktails. Try the Little Bigcorn Croquettes. Our server Nick was wonderful. We sat in the wine room - quieter locale with great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downFoodieDined on 3/8/2014Menu and wine list nice. Server knew menu and products well. Amuse bouche delightful. Tuna tartar big let down/disproportionalte pairing with caper jam, short ribs pricy for smallish and dry piece, tres leche cake dry and crumbly. Service faltered as dinner went on. Had great expectations. Maybe an off night but expensive let down.
- We had a good time with greattimefliesDined on 3/8/2014We had a good time with great food and drinks. Our server was very knowledgeable. My only complaint would be it was a bit overpriced. The specialty cocktails we ordered were delicious, but at $12 a drink, having more than one would have cost as much as a dinner entree. If I were to recommend this restaurant I would make sure to mention the $$$ rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceNorenDined on 3/8/2014The Saddle Room was a great place to take my family for a special occasion. The ambiance was perfect and the theme of the restaurant was carried out even into the bathroom stalls ! Great food for that special dinner you may want to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blew us away!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014We live in Barrington and went on a night out with friends. We wanted something different than the usual places, so drove down to Hoffman Estates to try this place. I can guarantee we will return many many times, and will look for excuses to host corporate, charity and/or neighborhood social events here as occasions or needs arise. This place blew us away for the outstanding menu & service, and ambiance. They manage to have both a quaint & private-feeling atmosphere, while being able to host large groups. Food was so delicious! We all commented how glad we were to have finally discovered this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great northwest gemkarentDined on 3/7/2014Low lighted, rustic yet chic looking restaurant. The bar area is well lit and cool. Theres a huge fireplace in the middle of the room with an awesome seating area. The food overall is excellent. The menu is very interesting and full of flavor. Tuna tartare, croquettes, seared tuna main course and the short ribs are standouts. Good wine list and outstanding martinis, especially the watermelon. Attentive service. Highly recommend and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutLuvitDined on 3/2/2014This place was amazing! Our waitress was the best ever...offered us a free appetizer to try something different, we ordered 3 martinis and they had 3 people shaking the martinis at our table.... Everything was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Saddle fell on a woman's headLoriVIPDined on 3/1/2014No lie. I have to say, we loved the food, the drinks, and we had a great server, Regina. At the very end, one of the saddles above the booth fell and hit a woman in the head in the adjacent booth and literally fell into our booth. My husband called out and asked for a manager immediately and the manager's first response was "Did someone touch it???" Seriously, WTF! We were two booths of people in their 40's and I don't think we were going to mount one of their damn saddles a la "Urban Cowboy." All I could think of was, "what if one of my kids was sitting there?" The woman in was thankfully okay, but it was my husband's birthday dinner and they didn't seem to care about that either. They need to retrain their managers in a BIG WAY.Special Features:
- Great location for a specialsilvers30Dined on 2/27/2014Great location for a special night out or a place to "hang out" with friends. Extensive bar/drink menu as well as appetizers. Main entrees provided variety against traditional fare. Being near the fireplace is the best place to be. Servers were very knowledgable about menu items. Service could be a little faster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Dinner 5 Star But Brunch Only 3carolynDined on 2/23/2014If you are looking for an outstanding place to go for dinner....this is the place. The presentation of your meal on the plate is excellent and the food out of this world. We did try it for brunch but that wasn't as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was too crowdedSusanVIPDined on 2/22/2014The place was too crowded with parties going on all around. The food came at different intervals, where one of us was served 10 minutes after the rest. The pizza was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a friendly placeKarlyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Not very friendly people at front desk and bar, very nice server but the rude faces that welcome you, and the not busy but not caring bartender ruin the experience, not sure of I want to try again.
- Great Birthday ServiceWillDineDined on 2/21/2014I took my wife here for her birthday. In fact, I ordered flowers and had them delivered to the restaurant. They had everything setup for us prior to our arrival and they did this without any instruction for me. The black-bean hummus was delicious. I had a simple burger; but it was one of the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well above averagen2photosDined on 2/20/2014The architecture and ambiance is amazing. Service was awesome. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great timeDesignerladyDined on 2/19/2014I went with a group of friends on a Wednesday night. Our server was very helpful with the menu, making suggestions on drinks and menu items. We found both food and drinks to be delicious. The pomegranate martini was great. Pear salad was delicious and the salmon as well. Decor was very pretty and intimate. I would definitely go back, and will tell all my friends to give the Saddle room a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceJaybDined on 2/16/2014We have been here three times in the last six months and each time this restaurant continues to impress me. I love everything about it -- food, drinks, service, atmosphere. It is my favorite restaurant and continues to be my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood GemamstanskDined on 2/15/2014This is a great place for a romantic evening, after-dinner cocktails, or even cheering on the Blackhawks. Great Staff and Great atmosphere. Love coming over and over again. Beer list is TOP notch.Special Features:
- the saddle roommikeDined on 2/15/2014Atmosphere was great and menu was very unique. There's something for everyone. Our waiters name was Paul and he was phenomenal. He made the experience wonderful for me and my girlfriend. I have already recommended the restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and Fun spotBarbDined on 2/15/2014We really enjoyed our evening. Love the imaginative and delicious items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambience of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014The ambience of the restaurant was great, wonderful fireplace, great bar, clean and nice looking. The food was terrible on this occassion. I had ordered a martini that i have had before at turf room, it just did not taste like it usually does. The meal I ordered, chipotle salmon pasta, was so spicy I could not even eat it, I love spicy food, but this was absolute fire. Was not confident in the food to even order dessert on this valentine's day dinner!Special Features:
- First Timer & pleasantly surprisedSimpleguyDined on 2/14/2014The meat platter appetizer was good. The duck bacon was interesting, the fois gras was very good. While I enjoyed it, I probably would not order it again. The menu had many interesting sounding items and it was difficult making a choice. I had the deer wellington. It was very well prepared. It was tender and delicious. My wife LOVED her salad and very much enjoyed her mahi mahi. The price of meal and wine was very reasonable for the high quality of the food. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch food with extremelymamoulianDined on 2/14/2014Top notch food with extremely helpful staff from management to waitstaff. Food was excellent. From appetizers to salads and main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly wait staff.earlyVdayDined on 2/13/2014Very friendly wait staff. Food was great (especially the calamari). Reasonable prices! Will definitely be back just the two of us or maybe a girls martini night by the fire :-)Special Features:
- There is not one "boring"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014There is not one "boring" thing on the menu, love the chance to try new spins on old favorites and everything is "right size portions" instead of gigantic. I had the Deer Wellington, very very good :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/8/2014The food and draft beers were great! We sampled a lot of their draft beers ( most were stouts and other darker beers). Their hoegaarden was a lot like a blue moon. The menu had many unique selections and the cheese plate appetizer was delicious. I would definitely dine at The Saddle Room again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.