TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street
1222 Madison St
Denver, CO 80206-3440Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.madisonstreetdenver.com/
- Phone: 3037362260
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday -Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Troy Guard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street
TAG BURGER BAR features gourmet burgers and a lengthy beer list from local breweries, all in a cozy neighborhood setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (21)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (10)hot spot (10)great for brunch (5)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- New Yorker's take on it:NYinDenverVIPDined on 7/3/2013We eat out a lot like New Yorkers, so here's out take. Been several times Food - great burgers, a step above any gourmet fast food burger, not as greased out as Cherry Cricket. Lots of unique options. Gets very pricey though for burgers $10-13 Service - good, knowledgable. Atmosphere - really lively, very fun place for the bar above all and group parties Overall - would go again for step up burgersSpecial Features:
- Get the Andrew Jackson Burger.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/30/2013Get the Andrew Jackson Burger. Now I know It Costs Almost $30.00 But well worth it. To Many Ingredients to list. Great Beer list. Great Special Of The Month Burger.Special Features:
- Our table was ready for usJenkgiantDined on 6/28/2013Our table was ready for us even though we arrived a few minutes early. We tried the drink of the day, which was blueberry lemonade and very refreshing. We also had the brussels sprouts which are always delicious and I especially liked how they are currently being prepared with a lemon flavor. Sadly, I feel like the portion size of this dish has continued to shrink over the 2.5+ years I've been ordering it. This time I noticed the sprouts were cut in half, possibly to give the appearance there were more of them? I had the veggie burger and it was even more crumbly and difficult to eat than I have remember from the past. Seriously this cannot actually be eaten as a burger since the whole thing just falls apart and that is no fun.Special Features:
- Great Place for a Burger FixCarolineVIPDined on 6/27/2013Nice little neighborhood bar hangout. Vibrant scene. Having fallen in love with TAG I expected to also fall in love with TAG Burger Bar. however, It was good but not great -- didn't meet my TAG expectations. I did enjoy the Potato Bites --- a flavorful twist to potato skins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as usual!! LoveNchammajDined on 6/16/2013Great food as usual!! Love that u have a very casual location now that we can bring the munchkins to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic vibe with food to back itFood4thoughtDined on 6/16/2013First time here and loved the menu. Food was awesome and fitted all of our family from kids to adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like the Neighbourhood AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013Food was good, but I did not think it was anything to write home about. I liked the neighbourhood / local feel of the restaurant. Great place to hang out, spend a couple of hours over a good selection of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have the Finger Likin' FriesDenverKVSVIPDined on 6/15/2013Great neighborhood joint! Great burgers, great fries, great beer. Good for singles, families and a casual date. This place is just plain fun. As for the space, an ingenious repurpose of a 7/11.Special Features:
- So much more than burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/8/2013Great burgers but I liked the sides even more! Fried Brussels sprouts salad ... beet arugula quinoa salad ... oh, yeah, and mac 'n cheese topped with Goldfish and Cheezits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love TAG Burger BarJeffnCathyVIPDined on 6/5/2013This place is becoming a regular stop for us. Perfect for a casual date night - nice place to catch up after a long week and enjoy a really good burger and some of those amazing brussels sprouts. Go early in the week or earlier on Friday for a slightly lower noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What to say about TAG? SoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/1/2013What to say about TAG? So if you can spend a little extra cash on your burger. Go with the Andrew Jackson. This burger costs around $30.00 But I would never hesitate paying that price after my first bite. Great draft menu. Fun environment. Over all one of the best burger joints in the state hands down!!!Special Features:
- This was patheticNMilsteinVIPDined on 5/26/2013Went to TAG on the Sunday before memorial day. The restaurant was full - but starting to clear out as we arrived. It took a while to get seated and for someone to finally come to the table and get our drink order. But the real obnoxious part was the delay for dinner - it took way too long. We asked a waitress (not ours) to check our order status - she said she would, and that she would bring water - and then nothing again. Out waitress finally came, apologized, and then there was more delay. When the food finally came, it was mediocre at best - and the order was wrong. No manager ever provided an explanation for the delay - and the restaurant was not busy enough to warrant stranding us at a table for so long. Miserable experience.
- By Way of ExplanationthisgaiDined on 5/26/2013Our waiter was fine, but the host was aloof and condescending and the bartender didn't even know what beer he was serving (and blew me off when I questioned him - he mixed up FunkWerks and Fort Collins Brewery...). As for the food, it was decent, interesting and fun, but you pay extra for everything (including side dishes). Ultimately, it's about a 3:2 ratio - you'll pay 15 dollars for a 10 dollar burger, 10 for a 7, etc. That said, the location is great and the overall vibe is nice, if a little hipstery... For my money, though, just go to Vine Street.Special Features:
- a little disappointingShoeDivaDenverVIPDined on 5/26/2013Tag Burger Bar has become our new regular spot to dine. Last Sunday's dinner was not up to par with past meals. The fish tacos seemed to have an excess of beans that literally drowned out any ability to taste the fish. The brussels sprouts were dripping in oil, which they weren't the last time we had them. The sweet potato fries were as good as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger craving perfection...KellUtopianEventsVIPDined on 5/18/2013I had a craving for a burger, a really good burger. The selection of meats, and dressing styles (my fave is the bulldog + onions and bacon) make this the perfect spot to satiate the need for an amazing burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laid back, eat up!great2dineDined on 5/16/2013The burgers are full of flavor and juicy to the core. Ingredients are fresh and compliment the beef on board your choice of gluten free or bakery bun. I enjoyed the Congress Park burger with avocado, lettuce, tomato, buffalo-style mayo, and sweet potato fries. My date had a custom burger with the gluten free bun. Drinks were tasty, beer was crisp. Make a reservation before hand to cut down on wait time during the expected busy weekend or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/16/2013We're always looking for casual family friendly places with a good vibe and great food that can become go-to spots. TAG fit the bill for burger night. It's a great little neighborhood spot with a low key but appealing setting. I had the basic old school style burger - great! My husband had the Bangkok lamb burger - he was jealous of how mine looked but he really enjoyed his (although he felt it was a little small). Our 9 year old had the mac-n-cheese and didn't like it - he loves homemade mac n cheese and the flavors didn't stack up for him. Truffle fries were great. My husband saw the onion rings and decided to indulge-they were disappointing-batter lacked flavor and we didn't finish them. But, the burgers were a hit-we'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BurgersFatDaddyVIPDined on 5/12/2013We've been here a few times. On this visit... The food coming out of the kitchen was VERY good, as always. The service from the female red head was unacceptable. We ordered 7 items. 3 came out incorrect due to her not paying attention to what we specified. We may not go back. If I were the chef I would 86 that server instead of 86-ing the customers.Special Features:
- Could have been SO good!DenverYODined on 5/12/2013I have to say, this place is in an AWESOME location. Love the vibe of the inside. Started off great with an open door energy and chill atmosphere. Let me say, in no way were we in a rush, but service took FOREVER. We had a table of 4, just there for a late brunch and some drinks so time wasn't an issue. However, it took honestly 20 minutes to get a DRINK order, let alone the food order! Just out of boredom I think we timed the food order to take 40 minutes, and the place was EMPTY. We couldn't figure out if it was the server's fault or the bartender's, irregardless I would love to come back for the food but with the service SO SO slow, I regretfully won't.Special Features:
- Great Burgers in the neighborhoodDenverKVSVIPDined on 5/4/2013Tag's Burger Bar is a great neigborhood restaurant with fantastic burgers of every kind...beef, lamb, turky. The fries with cheese and pico de gallo are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time there in lessTranceObsessionVIPDined on 5/1/2013Second time there in less than a week....my girlfriend and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger nightCouscousVIPDined on 4/30/2013We haven't eaten here since it was Madison Street. We both wanted salads to start. They came only a minute before our burgers!. The leaves of lettuce were so large and trying to cut them in the bowl made a mess. The White Balsamic vinaigrette was so tart , it was like eating straight vinegar. My dining partner asked the server if the fries were skinless or skin on (he doesn't care for skin on fries. She assured him they were skinless. They had skin. It was yet another negative experience and we won't be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Burgers are phenomenal asTranceObsessionVIPDined on 4/27/2013Burgers are phenomenal as are the fries. Absolutely love this establishment and highly recommend! I had been here before however my girlfriend had not and absolutely loved it so much she wanted to visit twice in less than one week.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful!VeggieLoverDined on 4/27/2013I took my husband to TAG Burger Bar for our first anniversary. I couldn't be more pleased with my decision. The place is a hidden gem within the neighborhood. The walls are painted in a fun graffiti fashion, and there were many families who brought their kids to dine, so it's definitely kid friendly! I had the best veggie burger I've ever had in my life, and he was thoroughly pleased with his bison burger. We also had the fried pickles for an appetizer and the fried oreos for dessert...A-ma-zing. TAG truly made our first anniversary a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2013We just moved to Denver and are still looking for 'our spots.' I think we found our burger place at TAG! The food was delicious and there were plenty of options that we still want to try. Service was attentive & pleasant. The menu had classics and very unique options. There were families, couples, and groups there. It just seemed like an overall great place!Special Features:
- I love this place-have beenbonapetitVIPDined on 4/17/2013I love this place-have been there many many times & it has always been delicious.Special Features:
- Amazing burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2013Stopped in for an early dinner on our way to the Bluebird for a show. The service was great, the food and beer were awesome, and the ambiance is very inviting. Great place! Would recommend it and also planning on coming back.Special Features:
- Yum Yum In My Tum TumFatDaddyVIPDined on 4/14/2013We've had many good meals here. Fried chicken skin on a burger?? HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG WITH THAT??Special Features:
- A great neighborhood burger jointDenverKVSVIPDined on 4/13/2013This was my first time at Tag Burger and Bar and I loved it. Great burgers, beer and cocktails, an awesome waiter, and the neighborhood vibe is perfect.Special Features:
- Love this place! This wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Love this place! This was my 3rd or 4th time and the food has always been good. I took 4 other visiting Chefs from around the country for Burgers drinks and we all had a good experience. The Kentucky Woman milk shake is killer! Really cool place to get a burger.Special Features:
- Great burger. Too noisy toAlouiciousDined on 4/4/2013Great burger. Too noisy to relax and enjoy talking.Special Features:
- Good burgers and fries!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2013We enjoyed the burgers (angus and bison) and the fries (homemade, REAL potatoes--very good); the salad was simple but crisp and cold with lots of walnuts (you dont see that everyday). The wine was good and not too pricey. Good hamburgers if you are in the neighborhood. Would not say it is a "destination" restuarant.Special Features:
- AMAZING food! The parmaseanAnoah04Dined on 3/27/2013AMAZING food! The parmasean truffle fries are to die for!Special Features:
- It is a great place, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2013It is a great place, except the noise level is unbelievable. Will only go back when can eat outside.Special Features:
- Yum. Fun place to go and theElizaVIPDined on 3/23/2013Yum. Fun place to go and the food and cocktails are always fantastic.Special Features:
- First time visiting. Did notOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2013First time visiting. Did not know what to expect. Was looking for a quieter place for this particular visit but it quieted down nicely. Food ir excellent. Service was as well. Already recommended to maySpecial Features:
- Not an amazing burger, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2013Not an amazing burger, but still better than most.Special Features:
- Awful. The food was awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2013Awful. The food was awful and wrong and cold and took forever. I decided against sending it back because I had no idea how long it would take. My boyfriend and I seemed to get better service (if that is possible) and left before one group of 6, which was seated when we arrived, even got their food. We sat at the bar waiting for our table to be cleaned (which took 10 minutes) and the bartender never got around to us. Don't waste your time or money.
- The burgers are actually kindOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/19/2013The burgers are actually kind of eh but the fried pickles are the best I've ever had, the fries are amazing, the brisket nachos are amazing, and the Kung Fu salad is really fresh and original.Special Features:
- They were very busy becauseNikkiVIPDined on 3/17/2013They were very busy because of livingsocial so service was a little slow. The voucher is not valid on weekends apparently since its brunch not lunch. I ordered a buffalo burger and I got lamb wich is fine.Special Features: