Bel Air Bar + Grill
662 N Sepulveda Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bel Air Bar + Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.belairbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 3104405544x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner Every Night: 5:30pm
Brunch Saturday - Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bel Air Bar + Grill
Easily accessible from the Valley or the Westside, come have a cocktail in our lounge or sit by the fireplace in the dining room. We're the perfect place for a casual dinner or a special occasion. We also have a beautiful private room for your special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bel Air Bar + Grill - Best Restaurants in Bel-Air ›
Bel Air Bar + Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (16)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- the soups are excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2013this is my 2nd review of Bel Air Bar & Grill. My wife and I love it, and it is our go-to place for dinner before hopping over the Sepulveda Pass for a movie at the Arc Light. We've eaten there 4 times in the last 6-7 weeks and are always very happy with the food and the service. I want to make a particular point about the Soup of the Day. I have had the soup on 3 of my 4 visits and they are always outstanding. If you go, definitely try the soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Neighborhood GemMonaVIPDined on 5/4/2013We live just 2 miles away from this place, and love the friendly service, the excellent food, and the fact that we can talk to and hear each other. (I've given up having a conversation at a number of popular LA restaurants - they're just too loud.) I had delicious bronzino, and my husband had a pasta with lobster and shrimp - we both enjoyed our entrees. We split a tuna tartare appetizer - very generous portion, beautiful on the plate, and delicious. The cheesy breadsticks in the bread baskets are irresistible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place we Used to Love.SpankyVIPDined on 4/21/2013We used to love this place, prior to their remodel. It used to have a nice patio outside, but that is now gone. It seems to have lost its charm. The food is still pretty good, but the menu is VERY limited compared to what it used to be.
- We have been to the new BelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013We have been to the new Bel Air Bar & Grill several times and have never been disappointed. The food is quite good and the specials are often amazing. The service is attentive and it is a quiet spot which is conducive to intimate get-togethers. A little difficult to get to with all the construction, but certainly worth it especially if you live in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- I am very glad that this restaurantPatMarguliesVIPDined on 4/17/2013I am very glad that this restaurant re-opened during these tough economic times. It was lovely before and very lovely, of course, now. My friend and I had a very pleasant and relaxing time at the restaurant and I will certainly revisit it.Special Features:
- This is such a wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2013This is such a wonderful place to dine. Service is perfect and the food is terrific. A wonderful place for a few or a group . Love this placeSpecial Features:
- We originally wanted a 7:15OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We originally wanted a 7:15 reservation but had to take 6:30 as we were told that nothing was available at that time. Funny, we sat up stairs and only ONE table was occupied until we left approximately 8:15 and also noted several open tables downstairs. Restruant is very attractive, sorry to say, that where it ends. Doubt if we will return. Hal Schwartz.
- Service was very slow. FoodVioletDined on 3/23/2013Service was very slow. Food was good but not great and it's pretty pricey for slow service and not outstanding food.Special Features:
- The bar and grill is our neighborhoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/22/2013The bar and grill is our neighborhood restaurant. It is a treat to go to a restaurant where you don't have to yell to someone sitting next to you to be heard. The food is always good.Special Features:
- Bel Air Bar and Grill Rocks..!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2013Really interesting, tasty varied menu. Beautiful decor and ambiance. Extremely comfortable. We had excellent service with a knowledgeable waiter. Our table was ready at the appointed time, overall a terrific experience. Will gladly return..!Special Features:
- We went there - 10 of us -OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2013We went there - 10 of us - to celebrate my Mom's 92nd birthday and it worked out perfectly. The food was good and the service very good. The staff were very friendly and helpful. And we were able to bring in our own cake. We would all go back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013So stoked on our experience. My wife and I had dinner with close friends and the food was fantastic. The oysters, boullibase and Branzino were fantastic.Special Features:
- Service was awful!!!! 1 hourbarbydollVIPDined on 3/9/2013Service was awful!!!! 1 hour ande 15 minutes before we and had food. Waiter didn't remove plates for another 10 minutes when we asked. Our order for coffee was taken after the plates were removed and we waited another 15 minutes ( we were told that they were making pot) Our reservation was for 8pm we weren't finished until 10:30pm 2 1/2 hours!!! I ordered the Branzini. It was okay but the accompanying carrot flavored grain was awful. We have had wonderful experiences at this restaurant beforeSpecial Features:
- Saturday night for the "older"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Saturday night for the "older" Bel Air crowd. It was noisy because there were a lot of groups of older folks who could not hear and talked loudly. The service was not attentive but the food came out very quickly once ordered - a bit too quickly! The food was good and well portioned, but nothing special, especially given the prices. I felt the salads were over-priced. I ordered a bib lettuce salad that was deconstructed - a wedge of lettuce, sliced tomatoes and sliced avoacado, all separate on the plate, with dressing on the side. I basically had to cut it up and make my own salad - for $14! However, it is a very good restaurant for business lunches.Special Features:
- We loved the jumbo scallopsSimPakVIPDined on 3/8/2013We loved the jumbo scallops dish, great flavor with barley and the tuna tartar with right amount of food.Special Features:
- Food was very disappointingWladinerVIPDined on 3/6/2013I was looking forward to the reopening of Bel Air Bar + Grill. It's a nice centeral location between city and valley. I have had lunch there twice wanting it to be a favorite. Unfotunately, food is quite mediocre and overpriced for what it is. The room remains dark.
- Had a business lunch thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2013Had a business lunch there on Tuesday, March 5th. Ordered the Soup of the day, Salmon entree and fresh berries for dessert. Food and service were excellent. Have eaten there several times both before and after the remodel. Great location. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- I had the Bouillabaisse andLuv2eatVIPDined on 3/3/2013I had the Bouillabaisse and it was just okay. I make a better one with Pernod. My friend had the ribs and he thought that other places make them better. I not sure I would rush back!Special Features:
- The restaurant was a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2013The restaurant was a little small downstairs so they seated us upstairs in their more formal dining room. The downstairs was a more relaxed noisier vibe, so we were disappointed. There were only 2 other parties upstairs and it was so quiet we were afraid to talk. For such a small restaurant the service was pretty slow. The food was really enjoyable and the waitstaff was very kind but if you're in a hurry I would skip this place.Special Features:
- Inviting atmosphere to a fun night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013The impressive foyer breaks the climate from the noisy and crowded Sepulveda Blvd. to a pleasant atmosphere inviting for a picture. The flower glass is a magnificent monument setting the restaurant's character as different, unique and plain elegant. The food was very good, the beef was cooked just as I requested and my wife was very happy with her rack of lamb, which matched perfectly with our argentinian selection of red wine. The entire experience was very pleasant, thanks to our server Barbara who managed to catch that it was our anniversary and brought us a piece of sweet with a candle, a very nice touch. Thank you very much.Special Features:
- Good Place for a Business LunchKingsfanDined on 2/26/2013Good place for a business lunch. Not too noisy and you can be in and out within about 60 minutes.
- They recently renovated thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2013They recently renovated this restaurant - We like the old style better, and they need to add the meatloaf back to the menu, it was great...
- Very nice to be able to comeFoodloversDined on 2/15/2013Very nice to be able to come back to this restaurant after the remodel. Everything was very good, but we missed the outdoor patio!
- I proposed to my wife at theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013I proposed to my wife at the 'vintage' BBG. Valentine dinners usually bring out the worst in a dining experience. We really enjoyed our return to the newly rebuilt BBG. Enough of the familiar old flavor exists, along with the new modern architecture. We will return...again and again. Food, wine, service,+++. Thank you Susan, for making us feel like an old friend.Special Features:
- Good food and good wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013It was great food, service and ambiance. My filet was cooked and spiced just to my liking. The veggies before the meal were great and the wine wasn't overpriced for the real estate. My only complaint was the valentines day menu forced dessert on the bill. I'm usually not a dessert guy, but since we had to pay for it, I ate it and left feeling too full, like uncomfortable as a result. Other than that though, I'd recommend this place 100% on any night they don't have a forced menu!!!Special Features:
- very nice atmosphere. wegoodfoodluvVIPDined on 2/12/2013very nice atmosphere. we could actually hear each other. service needs a bit more attention. i am glad the restaurant reopened.Special Features:
- Service slow now the secondRosieBVIPDined on 2/2/2013Service slow now the second time we've been there under the new ownership. Food and service is not like the old Bel Air Bar+Grill which is unfortunate for just a place with a great location and atmophere.
- Impressive new decor withOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/2/2013Impressive new decor with fine food and comfortable ambiance.Special Features:
- A local GemqueenhonebeeDined on 2/1/2013This was our fitst visit to Bel Air bar and Grill since it's reopening. The restaurant's ambience is very cool and the food was prepared perfectly. We had the Seared Sea Scallops and the Linguine Bolognese. We also had the wedge salad. The portions were healthy and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- Delicious food - glad to seeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Delicious food - glad to see the restaurant open again and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Love the new look. It's beautiful.LeneVIPDined on 1/31/2013Love the new look. It's beautiful. Food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Burgers (ok), ribs (very good),OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/30/2013Burgers (ok), ribs (very good), and a few glasses of wine for four people for $250? Really? OVERPRICED
- Nice new facility (recentlyPaliDinerVIPDined on 1/29/2013Nice new facility (recently redone). Ate there restaurant week and menu was good value for price. Comfortable place, both with business people and ladies that lunch. used to be a favorite place for people from valley and city to meet in the middle. Closed for period of time for remodeling and newly reopened. While the 405 construction is an obstacle, still not that difficult to meet there and fits this bill for someplace good right in the middle.
- We were happy to see thatpeebnessVIPDined on 1/27/2013We were happy to see that the restaurant had reopened and that the amazing chopped vegetable salad is still on the menu!! We all commented that it was much quieter inside that in most restaurants which is a definite plus.Special Features:
- New menu and remodeled site.ConsistentVIPDined on 1/25/2013New menu and remodeled site. Very nice. Tables are spread apart enough so that people are not on top of you--and noise level encourages conversation. Thank you! New menu is varied and my entree, Branzino was prepared and presented nicely. I will go back again.Special Features:
- The ambiance is lovely: notOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/24/2013The ambiance is lovely: not overdone but rather it is upscale-comfortable and the tone is inviting. We weren't rushed and were able to enjoy a relaxed and luxurious evening. The food was fantastic, as was the service. It was my second time there, and I will definitely be back... often!Special Features:
- food was great limited menubarbydollVIPDined on 1/19/2013food was great limited menu 10 oz 12oz steak just doesn't cut it especially for ladies need smaller more reasonable steak Ribs were delicious...pasta with shrimp and lobster the deliciousSpecial Features:
- Excellent place to do business!StodjDined on 1/15/2013Excellent place for business meetings as it is halfway between the valley and the westside. Always have a good meal, a private table, and they have great meeting rooms upstairs.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/12/2013This was our first time at the Bel Air Bar & Grill since it re-opened, and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was very good and the environment was nice. It was a busy Saturday night, so service was a bit stretched at times, but nothing that affected our enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:
- Tasty but a bit pricyPatrickFitzgeraldDined on 1/9/2013My only complaint is when I pay $16 for a beet salad, it should not look small. I figure there is maybe $1.50-$1.75 worth of ingredients in that salad, the least they could do is make it look like it fills the plate. Otherwise everything tasted good, just on the pricy side. $22 for a vegetable pasta is steep again knowing less than $3 is probably going into the ingredients.Special Features: