1426 H Street NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodwardtable.com/
- Phone: 2023475353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Harran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Woodward Table
Jeffrey and Sallie Buben's Woodward Table, housed in the historic Woodward Building is a concept that exudes a timeless feel with neighborhood charm. Located just one block from The White House, Woodward presents a "table" of dining possibilities with two eateries...the main restaurant with its creative and diverse American menu and Woodward Takeout Food, a sprite artisanal alternative for breakfast and lunch. The soul of Woodward Table's cooking involves creating seasonal iconic American dishes, a chef's contemporary approach and a regional repertoire of ingredients. Woodward Takeout Food, aka WTF, adjacent to the restaurant, creates a quick serve American breakfast or lunch for the busy Washingtonian, available to eat in or take out. Woodward Takeout Food is like being in a good cook's kitchen...a venue of sights and sounds with the bakery of the entire restaurant located at one end. Smell the fresh baked bread and other concoctions as you place your ordContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Woodward Table reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (123)great for lunch (92)good for groups (73)special occasion (59)great for outdoor dining (58)neighborhood gem (53)great for brunch (50)notable wine list (32)vibrant bar scene (29)romantic (20)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- Really bad-AleCDined on 12/6/2012I was so excited to try this restaurant that just openned. What a disapointment. We chose it because is close to the office and were trying to have a fast but a nice lunch to celebrate the end of the year. Our reservation was at 12.30, we got there at 12.32. We ordered appetizers & salads as entrees. By 1.30 we still had not gotten the salads and a hamburger. When we inquired about our food the server was hostile and immediately offered to bring the manager, which we did not ask for, we just wanted our food. Even though one of us had ordered a Cobb salad, when the food arrived at 1.35 she got a chopped salad. The manager gave us a 50% discount at the end, but I doubt I will ever go back. The experience was all in all really bad.
- Not very impressed. StartedGWpfVIPDined on 12/5/2012Not very impressed. Started off being seated right next to kitchen and you would have thought our request to move in the mostly empty restaurant was totally disruptive. The tablenwe ended up atbwas only marginally better fitting for the swordfish club which included swordfish thinner than I thought possible. Nice setting but must do better.
- Good vibe near the White HousertpivVIPDined on 12/4/2012Brand new place near the White House on H St., Woodward Table has a good vibe and shows great potential. It had been open less than two weeks the night we went. The kale salad got me off to a great start and I also enjoyed a taste of the bone marrow. The steak and lamb chops were good, as was the flatbread. I had the lobster on risotto, which had a good flavor, but the lobster was a little tough. Service was good and we liked the ambience. I look forward to going back because it will only get better with time.Special Features:
- A great experiencerouxbrixDined on 12/3/2012Very creative menu that is incredibly well-executed. My wife and I started the night with the duck flatbread and the charcuterie. Both had us instantly excited about the rest of our meal. The sweetbreads and pork were prepared to order and worth a return trip. We loved the open kitchen and the obvious attention to detail displayed by the chef and kitchen staff. A very attentive wait staff brought it all together. We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Woodward Table was a shortOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2012Woodward Table was a short walk from our hotel. A group of six were in town for a conference, and to be able to make a Friday night reservation was extremely helpful. Service was friendly; food was super! We had a variety a entrees, and all were very good.
- I have been there for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/30/2012I have been there for lunch twice and enjoyed the experience. The chopped vegetable salad is very good are the sides with the exception of the cauliflower which I found to be swimming in too much sauce for my taste. I also had the swordfish BLT which I found to be a bit dry as the swordfish was cut too thin. But, the chips were excellent. The service was pleasant ad atmosphere nice. They left much of the old Potenzas design in place but added warmth and a more modern feel. Overall it was a good experience and look forward to trying other items on the menu.
- Good start to a new restaurantdesabelVIPDined on 11/29/2012Very interesting cocktails - too bad I'm not a bitters fan, but I could see others really enjoying them. I will def go back and just try different ones. Kale salad was great - esp. the bacon - but maybe a litle overdressed for my taste. Duck was a stand-out and onw of the most moist pieces of duck I've enjoyed in a while. We went a few weeks after it opened, so definitely going to consider going back. Oh-the fresh baked rolls were amazing!Special Features:
- Great Experience Early OnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012We had a wonderful birthday dinner. Our waiter offered us option to chose from the menu or to allow him to select a meal + wine for us, which we did. It was very well prepared. Duck entrée was excellent. My wife had the seared scallops, which were very nice, although not quite as well executed as the duck, in my opinion. The dishes were on par with what we expect from Vidalia, which is one of our favorite fine dining spots. With a less expensive price point compared to Vidalia, we thought Woodward Table offered a great value for money. We saw none of the rough edges that can come with a new restaurant. The meal was expertly timed and the maitre'd checked on us several times and checked on our satisfaction when we left. Bravo.Special Features:
- Great addition to DC's dining sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2012Great looking place with even better food. Very buzzy, vibrant ambiance. Prices are upscale but reasonable. Worthwhile addition to the DC dining scene.Special Features:
- A winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2012I work only a few doors away & eagerly anticipated the opening of Woodward Table. Any-thing had to be better than Potenza! I was not disappointed. The food was excellent, the service outstanding. We had the duck confit flatbread w/butternut squash, brussel sprouts as an appetizer. The crust was deliciously perfect & the ingredients were a perfect combination of sweet & savory. Best flatbread ever. We had the pan-roasted trout (w/yummy brown butter & sage sauce) & the crabcake sandwich. Both were delicious, perfectly cooked. We both thought the potato chips were too salty, but that certainly didn't detract from the rest of the meal. My only suggestion would be to add a starch (potato or rice) to the trout meal to round it out. Will be back!Special Features:
- excellent food and great service.JennyDined on 11/28/2012excellent food and great service. We had informed the restaurant and the waiter that we were celebrating a birthday and they brought her dessert beautifully arranged on a plate with a candle and a script of "Happy Birthday." In our office, we often celebrate birthdays in Penn Quarter and Metro Center area restaurants and 9/10 the restaurant does NOTHING, even when you remind them. I would like to see a larger menu, but everything we had was delicious. The service was very attentive and friendly, but not overbearing. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Hopefully will improve with timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/28/2012Disappointment. Much prefer the chef's other restaurants.
- Well Done Mr. Buben!CPAfoodieVIPDined on 11/27/2012We really enjoyed our experience this week to Buben's new Woodward Table. The food was outstanding (definitely get the Mac & Cheese side). The service was OK but reflective of what I would expect from a restaurant only open 2 weeks - I'm sure it will improve. Love the music - definitely added to the ambiance.Special Features:
- The food was exceptional andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012The food was exceptional and the service was impeccable. I will come here again and again!Special Features:
- Food is prepared with a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/21/2012Food is prepared with a great deal of care. I think they need some more "safe" combinations for eaters that like more basic combinations. They should have some more basic options. The service needs a great deal of help. Waiter simply did not know what he was doing (He could not use a french press correctly) nor did he anticipate diners needs. Restaurant simply needs to train staff better, but its a new place so that will come I imagine.
- Though a little expensive,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2012Though a little expensive, it's definitely worth the trip to the recently opened Woodward Table. The food was delicious (I highly recommend the sweetbreads), and our server, Mike, was knowledgeable and friendly. The restaurant was quiet, only because many have yet to discover it. I can't wait to go back once the place is packed and buzzing!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/20/2012Great food, great service from this new American restaurant downtownSpecial Features:
- The food and service (bothMPzDCDined on 11/18/2012The food and service (both bar and table) was outstanding as expected. We enjoyed the entire meal from apps to dessert. Defintely will be going back.Special Features:
- Great idea and a nice menuBillDined on 11/16/2012Great idea and a nice menu but the service staff did not seem well trained and the meals came out very slow. Seemed to be understaffed and undertrained. Hopefully it will improve.
- wow! where do i start. theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/16/2012wow! where do i start. the open kitchen concept is a BIG distraction. the servers are overly attentive to the point of being intrusive. the menu was for a very specific audience and i'm not sure who they are. the soup du jour was turtle. really? the crabcake sandwich was average. the dessert selections were boring. i had hoped potenza left so another high quality restaurant could take their place. wrong. wrong. wrong. this will not be on my "favorites" list.
- Unique menu and nice to watchAnonVIPDined on 11/15/2012Unique menu and nice to watch meals being prepared. The bar area is nice as well.Special Features: