5001 25th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
U Village / U District
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://50northrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2063973939x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, Northwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We know your event is more than creating a meal, it’s about creating memories.
That’s why we take great care to craft inspired seasonal menus, creating delicious memorable events every time. We work with you to meet your wishes & the needs of your guests. Our creative culinary team has a broad range of experience, from cooking delicious gluten free meals to traditional Northwest fare.
Whether you have an event in mind or would just like to see what’s available, call the restaurant at 206-397-3939 or email email@example.com to connect with us.
- Private Party Facilities: The Landing, a 3,200 ft2 luxury event space directly above the restaurant is perfect for parties, corporate events, retreats, receptions, and more! For smaller gatherings, we have a wonderful semi-private space in the restaurant that works fabulously for meetings, parties, or large family dinners.
- Private Party Contact: The Manager 8883021387
- Entertainment: Join us on Wednesdays for Guest Bartender Nights, where local charities have the opportunity to earn tips for their cause from 6-9 pm.
- Special Events: It’s ‘Great Good Food’ all the time at 50 North, but for Valentine’s Day they take it to a new level. Special entrées featuring fresh local fare include chateaubriand, rack of lamb with pomegranate glaze, scallops with ricotta gnocchi, bourbon pecan chicken, and caramelized pear and gorgonzola ravioli. Favorites from the regular menu will also be available. Pair your meal with the perfect martini, a specialty cocktail, or a fantastic bottle from their wine cellar. A complimentary glass of the latest fun wine trend, chocolate wine, will be served with dessert. Live music by Released from the Quiet will enhance your experience between 7-9:30 p.m.
50 North is located at 5001 25th Ave. NE, Suite 100, at Northcut Landing across from University Village, and offers easy, free garage parking. The special Valentine's Day menu will be offered on February 14 and 15. Dinner hours begin at 5 p.m. Reservations are recommended.
A word from 50 North
We invite you to come on down for a great meal, the perfect martini, or a fantastic bottle of wine from our cellar. Our food is local, fresh and organic to the extent possbile - upscale American cuisine. Experience our full service espresso bar or enjoy lunch outside on the patio. Meet your family, friends or business colleagues (we offer free wireless service) at our new University area gathering place! We accommodate all dietary needs, including gluten-free. We bake our own burger buns and gf bread.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
50 North reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Consistently good breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/21/2013Consistently good breakfast dining. Staff are always friendly and eager to help. Love being able to get a latte or americano with my breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to us and we will go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013This was our first time trying open table and I'd never heard of 50 North. The menu looked pretty good and they had a table available so we figured we'd give it a try. We met some friends there and they had arrived early and we seated at our reserved table early, which was great for them! They already had a few drinks by the time we got there. They were pretty happy and well taken care of. My husband ordered the ribs and they were awesome! I had the pork belly wrapped top sirloin which was really good and I loved the truffle oil infused mashed potatoes. The ambiance was very nice. We were kind of surprised to see so many children there, but it wasn't a problem. Overall we are really happy we found the place and we'll be backSpecial Features:
- Food was good but wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Food was good but wait staff was a bit slow. They did have a lot of people in at he time though so I don't blame them.Special Features:
- Fantastic gluten-free food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2013Fantastic gluten-free food. We loved every bite, and the drinks were delicious, too.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013Great food at the Restaurant Week menu event with wonderful service. 50 North brought it's A-game to our wonderful meal. I would definitely go again and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Nice quiet environment. CasualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013Nice quiet environment. Casual and neighborhood gem. Pull pork sandwich and flat bread were good, but calamari was too salty. Good place to meet friend and chat, but not the place I want to go out for date with my hubby.Special Features:
- This is a wonderful neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/10/2013This is a wonderful neighborhood gem. We dine here often and are never disappointed!Special Features:
- We went for the 'Live MusicBobJDined on 4/5/2013We went for the 'Live Music Friday Nights' and it was huge fun! Great, live, local music and wait staff that went out of their way to make sure everything was just right.Special Features:
- All of us in our party wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/3/2013All of us in our party were happy with our food and wine. The fish was wonderful and tasted fresh and my son's vegetarian meal he thought was great too. Our server was friendly and helpful with our selections of wine.Special Features:
- My daughter and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013My daughter and I really enjoyed the Easter Brunch and hope you will have more like it. We attend church services nearby and would like to stop after for brkfst. regularly. Our server was very helpful.Special Features:
- Our experience was on a quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Our experience was on a quite Tuesday evening. Just-right service. Each person in our group had a different item. Each judged their meal excellent. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- I love their big booths whichLuvstoeatDined on 3/25/2013I love their big booths which give comfort and privacy. Lunch there with friends is just terrific. The food is always good. I especially love the steak salad. The Beet and Farrow salad is also a hit.Special Features:
- I have only had breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2013I have only had breakfast here and each time was wonderful. The atmosphere is light and bright and it is very open, but still cozy. Can't wait to try appetizers and wine some night.Special Features:
- Good, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013I love the ambiance of 50 North. The lighting is dark but not too dark and we were lucky enough to visit on a night with live music. The food left something to be desired, it was lacking in seasoning. The baja fish tacos were under seasoned. The fish itself was cooked nicely, but the massive amounts of raw cabbage and mediocre salsa weren't great.Special Features:
- Gluten Free Haven, Foodie findOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2013This place has amazingly delicious food, and they make so much from scratch - including the best fluffy, moist gluten free burger buns I've ever had, not to mention the waygu beef burger between them. Must try.Special Features:
- We eat here a lot and alwaysseattlemomDined on 3/6/2013We eat here a lot and always enjoy the menu. The problem on this trip, which was not typical, was the wait time to be served--an entire hour! Not sure if they were short staffed but the wait was way beyond reasonable!Special Features:
- 50m North GemNesi54VIPDined on 3/6/2013As much as I hate to give an outstanding review, I must. I reaize this means tables will be harder to get, but this is a real gem in a city full of them. The food was not only wonderful, it was artfully presented with a kind and genial staff.Special Features:
- Bad service dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013Three of us went there for brunch before a Husky BB game. We had reservations, and got there early, but were not seated until our reservation time (no problem). The hostess seated us and took our coffee order (1 decaf, 2 regular). She delivered the decaf and said a pot of coffee was brewing. From that point on, for at least 10 minutes, no one came to our table (we did not see a waiter). Finally we had to flag someone down and complain. He got us coffee and took our order, and all was fine after that, but for a while no one was paying any attention. The restaurant was moderately busy, but not enough to warrant ignoring us. I am going to assume that was just an anomaly. Once someone paid attention to us, all was fine.
- Very friendly and helpful206BobDined on 2/23/2013Very friendly and helpful server. Brought "tastes" of 2 wines for our wives but didn't bring drinks for the husbands. Returned to check on the wines and brought them but still not the husbands drinks. Only issue on an otherwise wonderful night. Server was helpful with selections, friendly and knowledgeable. Food was excellent. One could had not been before and said they would return definitely.Special Features:
- I love this place, a sophisticated,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2013I love this place, a sophisticated, but cozy bistro and bar, with booths for 4, 6 and 8, and tables of course. The menu features numerous creative, gluten-free, and/or dairy-free dishes, plus many other dishes with those options. The food is fresh, healthy, beautifully prepared and delicious. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and includes a sommelier. I always look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Staff is always friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2013Staff is always friendly and efficient. I've never had a bad meal; I've always had a good one. Good selection.Special Features:
- our waiter was very nonchalantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013our waiter was very nonchalant and rather disinterested. i asked for tartar sauce for my fish and chips and was brought some other sauce we think was a salad dressing. the fish portion of the fish and chips was very small and my 19 year old was still hungry. and why don't they serve a tartar sauce anyway with the fish and chips? we'll not be back or recommend to anyone.
- The steak salad was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The steak salad was great and so was the pulled pork sandwich. Pale ale and pinot noir that were ordered were good, as well. Service was great most of the night, she did sort of forget about us when we tried to pay bill, but she apologized as soon as she realized she hadn't come by to get our bill. Creme brulee for dessert was also very good. Overall good night for Valentine's Day, not too busy and atmosphere was nice.Special Features:
- Excellent set up for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent set up for Valentine's Day. My wife and I loved the food and the service was incredible. Even though they ran out of my initial order, they were able to offer alternatives based off of my taste and were very apologetic and understanding. Definitely will be returning again.Special Features:
- This is the 1st place I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013This is the 1st place I've been to in months that got my food correct the 1st time! Loved that they open and willing to make modifications for people with food allergies!Special Features:
- Chris, our waiter, was greatMrsfishVIPDined on 2/11/2013Chris, our waiter, was great along with the food, location, easy parking, and great banana cream pie and homemade donuts. Yum.Special Features:
- TAhis restaurant was suggestedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013TAhis restaurant was suggested by someone who had not even dined there. My friend and I thought the food was very good and as we left we Said we needed to come back again. We had a great waiter.Special Features:
- The fried chicken salad wasElenaDined on 2/6/2013The fried chicken salad was tasty! Alas, the fish-and-chips *looked* better than it tasted. Pretty place, light and all. Very comfy booths. Very nice accommodating wait-staff.Special Features:
- this was my 3rd time to theYummyInYountvilleVIPDined on 2/1/2013this was my 3rd time to the restaurant, and the 2nd time they lost my reservations thru open table. Does not instill confidence for me to make reservations thru Open Table again.Special Features:
- A great little place. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/26/2013A great little place. The breakfast menu is limited, but has the basics. I was skeptical about this place as it offered many gluten-free and vegan items and I was concerned about the lack of taste in the items. There was amazing flavor and perfect portion sizes. I ordered bacon and eggs and my husband ordered a scramble. Have already told a few friends. Great place.Special Features:
- Our server was extraordinary.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/24/2013Our server was extraordinary. Oven ever had that level of friendly service at a restaurant other than CanlisSpecial Features:
- I have never been disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013I have never been disappointed in the food at 50 North. If you are gluten free you will enjoy the expanded options. The new gluten free buns are amazing!Special Features:
- Delicious, fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2013My lunch with my friend was outstanding. The ingredients were obviously very fresh, and I was surprised to see the option to order so many things gluten-free. The chicken tenders I had were some of the best I've ever had (even gluten-free!!) The server was very knowledgeable about the menu. This is a great dining option very near to the U Village shops.Special Features:
- We went there for the glutenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2013We went there for the gluten free menu options that were available and unfortunately, though the food was good, one of us had the gluten free fish and chips but they didn't have any gluten free tartar sauce which was disappointing and the other ordered a gluten free pulled pork sandwich which the waiter came back and told us they were out of gluten free buns. Not a very good gluten-free option after all.Special Features:
- A great place for people withseattleDined on 1/17/2013A great place for people with special dietary needs. We were on an evening out with our niece, who is an athlete on the Paleo diet. The staff made arrangements to modify her meal to meet her needs, and she loved it. We let our waiter Chris know we were attending an event after dinner and he expedited the check.Special Features:
- Could have just been New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Could have just been New Year's Eve but the food was over priced for the quality and serving sizes received. I had Steak Oscar and the stake was excellent but had 2 very small pieces of crab on top. The others had the fish special. Again, the portions were very small and the flavor was relatively bland. One person in the party had been there for breakfast and stated it was very good but the dinner experience was marginal. There are too many really good restaurants in the north Seattle area to pay these prices for marginal food at best.
- The food was great as was2ofUsDined on 12/15/2012The food was great as was the service. They had a problem finding our reservation at first but seated us any way.Special Features:
- Great restaurant! We reallyAnneVIPDined on 12/8/2012Great restaurant! We really enjoyed the food and the service was excellent. We especially enjoyed the eggplant fries for an appetizer and the jalapeño Mac & cheese dinner special. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/2/2012This is an old standby for us--Lunch or dinner, always good, with friendly service.Special Features:
- Great restaurant just acrosskpmillDined on 11/2/2012Great restaurant just across from UVillage. Excellent service. Wonderful food that is both fresh and local - northwestern style items on menu. Would strongly recommend for lunch or dinner (have not been for brunch). I will definately return. Reasonably priced.Special Features: