241 NE 2nd Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistro241.com/
- Phone: 5613304080x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday - Sunday: 10:30am -3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bistro 241
Bistro 241 is committed to develop a subtle blending of tastes and forms, with the wide range of possibilities offered by our Cuisine De Marché concept that captures the best and freshest of our local produce. Our highly trained staff and the owner, will ensure that our guests have a pleasant culinary experience. We also offer a full service bar and a diversified wine list. Come celebrate with us and have a quality time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 241 reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (11)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Another Great MealarchieVIPDined on 4/2/2014This was the third time in about the past month we have introduced friends to Bistro 241 and each experience was enjoyed by all. The homemade soups are thick with flavorful ingredients (the Mushroom is fantastic), the mussel appetizer is the most tender and sweetest I've ever had. The scallops over truffle risotto are consistently plump, sweet and satisfying. The yellowtail, grouper and salmon were consistently fresh and delicious. The short rib dish and the bolognese filling and delicious. This great find on Second Ave almost 3 blocks north of Atlantic has become our favorite local restaurant for consistently great food at fair prices and being accommodating when requesting deviations from the preparation or ingredientsSpecial Features:
- so great to be off Atlantic AvenueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2014It's so nice to find restaurant that serves wonderful cuisine and it isn't on the VERY CROWDED NOISY OVER-PRICED ATLANTIC AVENUE!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceCookieVIPDined on 3/22/2014All of us, 8 people, enjoyed our meals at Bistro 241. Although the restaurant was filled, it was quiet making it easy to carry on a conversation. The service was good, not outstanding, and the wait staff was very pleasant. There was also a parking lot which made it very easy as it it in a busy neighborhood with many restaurants. we would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!JGJGDined on 3/22/2014This place is amazing. Food was incredible and the staff and owner are very attentive and take pride in what they do. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseScarletDined on 3/20/2014The owner was very gracious and quite knowledgable about wines and spirits. Charming and attentive server, Sydney. Food was excellent and my friends mussels were the best I ever tasted. ( not overly garliced). Also a fun neighborhood. Would recommend Bistro 241 and will go back.Special Features:
- Great night outKarmagirlVIPDined on 3/18/2014This was our second time at this restaurant and we weren't disappointed. The service was attentive and friendly. The food was terrific-they served a toasted pita with delicious hummus and when someone asked for a softer bread, they brought a delicious house made ciabatta. Dishes were varied and well prepared. Salads were large enough for sharing. Only two desserts but the one we all shared was chocolate and divine. We sat outside and it couldn't have been more pleasant. All four of us agreed we would be back. We eat out very often and this was one of the best meals I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- BlandBocadinerDined on 3/15/2014Was expecting a good, if not great dinner, given the rating. However, grouper and risotto, we're both without character. Prices would have been appropriate for a great dinner, but not the one served. Server was very attentive, as was management. On the positive side, the homemade humus was sensational.Special Features:
- Excellent Choice in DelrayHaroldDined on 3/15/2014We had an early dinner at Bistro 241 on a Saturday evening after just arriving in town to visit relatives. The food was excellent, and both the owner and the servers were very friendly and responsive to requests. It's a very charming place, with both indoor and outdoor dining. I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe they had an off dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014We were the first diners to arrive on a recent Saturday and yet we waited 50 minutes for our food. A group of 4 came after us and after waiting at a table for awhile they left because no one came to their table. They were convinced, by the waitress, to return and they were served before we were. Those of us who ordered sandwiches found them to be very mediocre. The salads were just OK. Those who ordered iced coffee were never offered refills. I had previously read good reviews of this restaurant so maybe it was just an off day.
- Great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Bistro 241 is a great choice among the many restaurants in Delray Beach. It is small but with pleasant outdoor seating. We found the food creative, healthy and excellent. We were told the hummus was homemade and it is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014Food was excellent and the place was understated and quiet. Makes for easy table conversation. Wine list was ok but not great. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/17/2014Over priced for the quality of the food. Hummus comes with pita chips that are stale and tasteless. The risotto was over cooked. A short menu but even this had two items that were not available. The main courses were not worth eating. On an A to F scale I rate Bistro 241 a C-. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- What a mess!!!ExcellentVIPDined on 2/14/2014We have been twice, and can't complain about the food, though the portions are skimpy. But Ellie, the owner, is a nice young kid who has NO concept of how to manage a restaurant. It is grossly understaffed. There is no bartender, so Ellie makes the drinks himself but is trying to do so many other things that it's just crazy. This past Friday night, at 7:45 PM, he ran out of ice and had to send someone to buy some. He also ran out of the pork chops) He has no bussers, so the few servers he has also have to bus their own tables. There wasn't even anyone checking people in, so Open Table showed us as a no show. Ellie complains to everyone within earshot about how he can't get good staff and how hard he works. No one wants to hear it!
- Quality ingredients, niceboatnationVIPDined on 2/14/2014Quality ingredients, nice atmosphere - food not to temp and a bit bland. Staff kind but restaurant seemed under staffed and not very well organized. Definitely effects the experience. The restaurant does has potential but not there yet.
- Open Table delivers a winnerBearDined on 2/14/2014Open table delivered a winner with a table for two at 6:15pm just past mid-night on Valentine's Day. Perfect fit at Bistro 241. Table ready when we arrived on time and we were seated in front of others without reservations. Attentive, energetic service added to the pleasant atmosphere and delicious food. Made me look good to my Valentine and was the start of a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnfortunatelygormandDined on 2/8/2014They were very short handed as someone did not show for work. I know they tried so I will go back perhaps not on the weekend. Although I enjoyed my food came out nice & hot very tasty, my husband was disappointed in his selection.Not hot, skimpy and overall not very good.
- We went for lunch. It wasatethereVIPDined on 2/5/2014We went for lunch. It was relatively empty. The owner/host/waiter was very nice and attentive. Our lunch was quite good. Obvious attention to detail and quality ingredients. We will certainly return to try dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SundayEvaengVIPDined on 2/2/2014It was a Superbowl Sunday and not too many restaurants in our area were open. We made a reservation at the Bistro 241 and were not disappointed. The food was very good and we recommend this place for any occasion.Special Features:
- ONE OF MY FAVORITESBaubieVIPDined on 2/1/2014I LOVE this restaurant. Always great food, and the service is outstanding. The owner enjoys his work and it shows. The specials are creative and always served with a smile. Don't miss this opportunity to reward yourself.... There are a number of choices in the area, and this is by far at the top of my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up and coming!richb238Dined on 1/28/2014Recently dined with friends, on a warm winter evening. Outdoor dining with warm breezes and entertaining people watching. A waitress called in ill so the owner jumped in to help. A charming gentleman with good recommendations. The snapper, scallops and lava cake were all hits. Take the 2 block detour off Atlantic and you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workHappy2dineVIPDined on 1/25/2014Nice restaurant but management needs to step it up. No one greets you when you walk in. Service extremely slow. Server was lovely but has no assistant. Food came out sporadic. No balsamic vinegar for salad until we asked that they ask chef. Owner disinterested. Needs major makeover customer service. Can't say the four of us would return.
- Enjoyable dinnerGolfgalDined on 1/25/2014Food very good and liked that substituting was available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu was much more limitedBostonSandyDined on 1/25/2014The menu was much more limited than listed on the web site, the service was slow and disorganized. The bar ran out of martini glasses, for example, when the restaurant was not crowded, the red and gold beet salad had a few red beets and no gold. We were assured we could be finished in time for a concert and had to leave before we got all of our food. Some they boxed in styrofoam for us. The food was variable. Having come because of the good reviews and descriptions, I asked the waitress if the restaurant had been sold and was under new ownership. It wasn't.
- Great experience.terryDined on 1/24/2014Tried this when an out-of-town guest was visiting. The owner is the son of the owner of Joseph's Wine Bar across the street. We shared an appetizer and dessert, enjoyed 3 different dinners, and nothing disappointed. Portions were appropriate, service was on point, and the food was fresh and delicious - very nicely prepared. We will return.Special Features:
- Off the Delray StripDocWalkDined on 1/17/2014This little gem of a restaurant with smiling, courteous, and efficient waitstaff and amazing cooks provided just the right amount of space between tables to enjoy a pleasant conversation with our guests while we satiated our taste buds.We loved the ample portion of caesar salad that two can share and the fish dishes were perfectly cooked. Do not miss the chocolate molten cake with ice cream for dessert that the four of us shared as we lingered over a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thoroughly enjoy dining atOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/11/2014thoroughly enjoy dining at bistro 241. we dine there often and the experience is always pleasant. ellie is a gracious and attentive host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful overall experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014This was our first time dining at Bistro 241 and it definitely won't be our last. This restaurant was recommended to us by some good friends who are regular diners there. We started with the Steamed Mussels which were very flavorful and delicious. Next was a wonderful entree of incredibly tender and juicy Slow Roasted Short Ribs which I devoured. The owner Elie was inviting and warm and extremely knowledgable of wines. He suggested a bottle that paired beautifully with our meal. We finished our evening with a wonderful chocolate desert and cognac. The ambiance was romantic and charming and we are looking forward to our next visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantMickeyVIPDined on 1/1/2014Very accommodating. Has a real desire to please customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Food was delicious. Service was ok. We went on New Year's Eve and they were definitely not prepared for do many people. They were short staffed and ran out of certain items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 241ElgolfDined on 12/31/2013We went as a group of three couples for New Years Eve. This restaurant is owned by the family of Joseph's wine Bar right across the street. We knew about Joseph's, but had not been to the Bistro. We had high expectations and were not disappointed. As one might expect in downtown Delray Beach this place is a bit pricy. Not crazy, but hardly cheap. Our food was very good. The appetizers and entrees were reasonable portions and the taste was excellent. The owner waited on us with help from whatever hands were free, but things went a bit slow. The place was very full and there were a lot of large parties. That probably contributed to the minor service problems. That may just be par for the course for a Holiday night in So. Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrustratingBobHDined on 12/31/2013New Years Eve....Owner waited on us too as they were short staffed. 2 servers and 1 busser for about 60 seats (outside and in). Then...they allowed people without reservations (we had one) to eat at the bar! Another 10 chairs! Service was awful, as one would expect with those comparatives, but worse the owner showed his annoyance and arrogance. Not one apology from him. Lovely place, good food.....likely won't go back for some time.
- Will Definitely Be BackWineArtVIPDined on 12/28/2013This was our first time at this restaurant. The food was excellent (I had the shrimp and my husband had the scallops). Service was excellent, our waitress was very attentive and made us feel welcome. The owner checked on us several times, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure we were happy with our food and the service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 min too lateBad1Dined on 12/27/2013Had reservation for 4 at 7:45. When the Downtowner had not arrived I called the restaurant..maybe 7:50? Owner said res. Gone should have called earlier. I told him the reason and said we were 5 min away. He said to come in maybe a table would be available. The Downtowner arrived as I hung up. Arrived at Bistro, no table and "you should have called earlier, I have a business." He said there was a table ready for their bill and we could wait at the bar. We waited outside until we heard a woman at a table for 8 saying, "please, where are our other dinners?" Given the cancelled reservation, poor reception and the woman's question, we went across the street to Brûlée which we all rated 5 stars.
- Very good casual diningJimKVIPDined on 12/26/2013This is a relatively new restaurant in the Pineapple Grove area of Delray Beach. The food was very attractively presented. The best dish was the short ribs, but the pork chop was a close second. Our waitress was outstanding meeting every need promptly. Te wine list is barely adequate, since no vintages were listed for any wines. The bar was not able to make every cocktail, but the ones they did make we're outstanding. All in all, a very good addition to the booming restarant scene on and near Atlantic Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE MANAGEMENTCindyJVIPDined on 12/25/2013We arrived with friends on Dec 25th... WITH A RESERVATION. Two parties were in line ahead of us. Neither had a reservation. They were sat. We were told they could not sit us as they had no table. We could either sit at the bar (there were 4 of us... how do you hold a conversation sitting side by side --- not to mention there was no room at the bar) or we had the option to leave. This was the owner/manager. How could you sit tables with no reservations ahead of those who made a reservation. HORRIBLE and DISGRACEFUL. I will tell everyone I know NEVER to eat here. My ratings for food, ambience, and noise level were put as 1 because there was no choice for N/A.
- Christmas day dinnerRichVIPDined on 12/25/2013The bistro is great. Food is prepared and served with aplomb. The chef/owner waited on us due to a shortage of help( someone didn't show for work), but he added to our overall satisfaction. You can't find a better place to eat in delray and parking is easier than on Atlantic Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal and Service!AnonymousDined on 12/25/2013Everyone in our party loved our food! The sauces on our entrees were light, but high on flavor. Among our excellent selections were fish, scallops, chicken, risotto, vegetables, and dessert. One of our party must eat gluten-free and the restaurant eagerly helped her find an appropriate and delicious entree. They brought her cucumbers so that she could enjoy the hummus. Our hummus hater got butter for his pita. The service was attentive but discrete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally enjoyable experience.daveDined on 12/22/2013Totally enjoyable experience. Food, service, and ambiance was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful First ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Upon our arrival our table was ready. The owner was very accomodating. Delicious food, cooked perfectly, portion size great. Would return again.Special Features:
- Great place in DelrayMommabearmarDined on 12/19/2013Our party of 4 ordered 2 seafood dishes, pork chops and a pasta, all very good, drinks very good though they were out of first wine choice and a liquor drink. The owner was very personable and made sure we were happy with the meal. An enjoyable dinner in a neighborhood with lots of choices. Glad we chose this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.