Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn
311 Mishawum Road
Woburn, MA 01801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.joesamerican.com/
- Phone: 7819357200
- Hours of Operation:
11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: George Delano IV
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn
Joe's American Bar & Grill is a neighborhood staple for Classic American cuisine. At Joe's, we focus on using the freshest quality ingredients for all our dishes as well as providing a comfortable and fun atmosphere for all our guests. Established in 1984, Joe's is a favorite for a casual lunch, a family dinner or a gathering of friends. Enjoy Joe's for lunch, dinner, weekend brunch or take-out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn - Best Restaurants in Woburn ›
Joe's American Bar and Grill - Woburn reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (21)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014The atmosphere is great as well as the decor is very homey and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointedburlinDined on 2/22/2014Disappointing! I ordered the lobster ravioli special expecting to get lobster, not shrimp. There was a scant amount of lobster inside the ravioli themselves and absolutely none on the plate in what was supposed to be a lobster bisque sauce, instead there was shrimp. Calamari app. was good.
- Joe's is a nice, casual placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/20/2014Joe's is a nice, casual place to meet friends. I appreciate that there are several healthier options on the menu. The ahi tuna salad is my favorite. Service was a little slow, but we were also in no rush.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent valuenearbostonDined on 2/14/2014The menu is fair, what we got rated fine. Service was poor-we had to ask twice for bread, 3 times for water. We will go again, but hope for a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014My husband had the seafood tryst that he said was great. I asked for sirloin tips med rare and they were well done and burned. The waitress made up for the bad food with her attention to us as well as being very friendly.Special Features:
- Last minute ValentineJMD18Dined on 2/14/2014We decided mid day on Valentine's day to secure a reservation for dinner. Joe's was one of the only places around with openings at "dinner" time. We've eaten at Joe's more times than we can count - but not usually for any type of "special" occasion. We were seated by the fireplace, dinner specials were fantastic, waitstaff was on top of their game. We were relaxed, and comfortable. Appetizer of Crab Cocktail was very good. Scallops over risotto, and blackened chicken pasta very flavorful and a large portion. We lingered over wine, dessert and coffee, with no pressure to finish up. Everything was timed perfectly. Kudos to Joe's for rescuing Valentine's Day!Special Features:
- Very friendly staff, good foodGamefreak613Dined on 2/7/2014We've eaten at Joe's several times. The food has always been impressive and it comes out extremely quickly it's hard to believe they make each order from scratch! That said, you get what you pay for, and Joe's is on the pricier side and portions vary from huge, to somewhat small. Overall I'd say it's a place with great service, atmosphere and food, and you definitely pay for it. For us, we think of it as a place for a special occasion or for a bit of a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understandably soDosiaDined on 2/1/2014It was a busy night at Joe's, and upon going there to celebrate a family friend's dinner, we waited a very long time to sit down despite having a reservation (15+ minutes for the booth right next to the hostess stand to be cleared, although it had been empty since we arrived). Our waitress was lovely-attentive, laid-back, and professional. However, we did wait an oddly long amount of time for just our waters to be brought to our table("I hope they did not forget about us"), following a 40+minute wait for our appetizer to be brought out. It was all very delicious and freshly made, though, and it was understandable that on a busy night like that, service was slow. At least everyone working there was friendly and pleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experiencebighobbesDined on 1/29/2014I've dined at Joe's many times, both in Woburn and Dedham. The food and service are always good, their menu is fairly extensive, and the atmosphere inviting. There were 6 in our group and we had no complaints. Based on the wine that we ordered, our waitress brought us all samples of a new wine from the same label. I've never have a bad experience at Joe's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a fine experienceDatabaseNinjaDined on 1/25/2014This was our 'fall back' plan after getting the opportunity for the two of us to have a 'date night' without the kids. We tried other 'fancier' restaurants but by the time we tried to make reservations for a Saturday night all of the available seating was too late. Waitress was excellent. Restaurant is very loud and crowded but it has a good menu selection and the quality of the food is pretty good. I was really looking forward to steak tips but they were removed from the menu. Overall a good experience and a step above the 99 and several other 'family' restaurants... although a bit pricier as well. Pretty much 3/5 across the board... 'Good'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is centrallyClubfor7Dined on 1/23/2014The restaurant is centrally located for our group of six to meet. They honored our reservation with no issues. Each person was seated as they arrived. Each was asked for their drink order. When all were seated wee were given time to review the menu. The server was candid when asked his opinions. Each person ordered something different. Each person enjoyed what they had. There was an issue with the Cobb Salad not containing the chicken stated on the menu. When questioned the server went to the kitchen and go a plate of chopped chicken to dump on top of the salad. We did not feel rushed nor did we feel neglected. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Comfort FoodsDaveHVIPDined on 1/23/2014My colleague and I went for a quick lunch. I had the clam chowder which was excellent. The service was superb. For lunch I had the tuna burger which was really good. Comes with sweet potato fries as well. My colleague had the French Dip. He thought it was good, but felt the beef slices could have been a bit thicker. Would like to come back again for dinner.Special Features:
- Yum!ResvplsDined on 1/12/2014This was my first visit in a length of time and man was it wonderful. Food and drink were great. Ambiance is nice warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulLocalResidentVIPDined on 12/27/2013Excellent food with an attentive knowledgeable service staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AcommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2013The traffic was horrible, and I was going to be late. They gladly notified my party to let them know. They called me to let me know how they would handle my special request. The service was great, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 10. Waiter (sorry...hisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013Group of 10. Waiter (sorry...his name escapes me), was great! Drinks were right on the money ( and this crowd is very specific as to how they like their cocktails!). Great night out! Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceJennyFDined on 12/2/2013We were a party of 6 and sat in the bar area for lunch. The waitress was slow and sometimes appeared to go out of her way to avoid our table. The food was okay but should have been better for the price.
- Consistently goodMrspatsfanDined on 11/29/2013Joe's American consistently pleases. I have always had a good meal there whether it is lunch or dinner. They are very accommodating if you have a special request. Their waitstaff is very good and attentive. In Woburn they have a nice room with a fireplace that accommodates private parties. The menu has a little bit of everything so there is plenty to choose from. Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful ExperienceThanksgivingDinerDined on 11/28/2013Went to dinner on Thanksgiving evening. The restaurant was sparsely populated as expected. Was seated promptly but waited 10 minutes before anyone came to our table to wait on us. We both ordered fish and chips and after another long wait received half frozen fish and cold fries. Definitely will not return or recommend to anyone.
- Thanksgiving family get togetherbruwinDined on 11/28/2013We were a family group of fourteen adults with separate checks. The service people handled this without flaw. The food was prepared perfectly and my salmon was among the best I have ever had. The waitresses were very helpful to us all and we did not go without water or drinks. There was a long delay for one of our meals due to a mishap in the kitchen and the manager was apologetic and removed the cost of the meal as a courtesy. This was handled well. I would recommend Joe's American Bar and Grill, Woburn.Special Features:
- Great food at this Restaurant !FrankDined on 11/1/2013With Reservations thru OpenTable, our party entered the restaurant and we were seated immediately. I had the NY Strip. It was grilled to perfection ... more tender and juicy than the higher priced steakhouses in Boston !!! We all enjoyed the food. "Thank You , OpenTable".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all-around RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013The food was excellent and our waiter was attentive and accomdating. He was very pleasant and sociable. We meet our friends that live in Leominster (we live in Gloucester) several times a year.Special Features:
- DinnerPaulDined on 10/25/2013A group of us used this restaurant and had a variety of the meals. All very good and no complaints. Excellent, attentive service from nice people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i frequently meet friendsCinnyDined on 10/24/2013i frequently meet friends here for dinner because of its convenience and nice menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently well preparedLocalResidentVIPDined on 10/22/2013Consistently well prepared great food with superb serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent food,LocalResidentVIPDined on 10/17/2013Consistently excellent food, well prepared with superior service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what happenedkmacVIPDined on 10/5/2013Service has dropped. Did they hire a new set of untrained waite staff?Special Features:
- In general, we enjoy thisMar64VIPDined on 9/29/2013In general, we enjoy this particular restaurant. However, this visit the food was not carefully prepared. Portions appeared smaller than usual and food was not artfully arranged on our platters. There was little noise as the place was less than half full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodLizzyDined on 9/28/2013Overall, it was a good experience. The food was nothing to write home about, but it was a good enough lunch that I was satisfied. Wouldn't send any of my foodie friends there, but a good place to grab a bite with the folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed with the food!ErikaDined on 9/22/2013Service was above average at Joe's, but it did not make up for the awful food we were served. Very plain, zero flavor. This was the place our hotel recommended to us, knowing that we were celebrating our one year anniversary so it was supposed to be an extremely special occasion. This was also the most expensive meal we had while on vacation, and it's sad to say that all of the lower end pubs that we ate at far surpassed this restaurant. Would not recommend, would not try this place ever again.
- Wonderful Spot with Varied MenuLocalResidentVIPDined on 9/17/2013Consistently wonderful. Ask for Marc as your server......he is knowledgeable and terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!out2dinnerDined on 9/6/2013The wait staff was wonderful. One member of my party has a number I severe allergies. The manager and the waitstaff took time and great care with her list of allergies. They were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandmothers Bday!IsabellaVIPDined on 9/3/2013We brought my Grandmother here for dinner for her 86th birthday, she is pretty demanding and the kitchen was very accommodating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding and55andhappyDined on 8/30/2013The food was outstanding and the service was just a little shy of top notch, I believe this is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2013Although the restaurant is lovely and the food was delicious, our evening was marred by two errors in service. One appetizer was forgotten. Then one entree was served while the other appetizer was still being eaten. It was unfortunate as we were looking forward to a relaxed meal.
- Excellent performanceHappyCustomerDined on 8/21/2013This restaurant and its staff always deliver a solid performance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great lunchdinerDined on 8/2/2013Friendly and attentive staff. Pleasant setting. An excellent Reuben sandwich. Convenient location near 128 and 93 made it a good choice for friends coming from Cambridge and north of the city. Will return.Special Features:
- Nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/27/2013Food is very good. Menu has been condensed, but wait staff and chef were happy to make our old favorites. Prices have inched up a bit too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceJdmd2Dined on 7/26/2013We had a party of 8 people. The waitress was very nice but the service was extremely slow. I think she only had 3 tables so it shouldn't have been a problem. All the courses including drinks came out separate and slow. At the end she just disappeared and we had to give the hostess our check so we could leave.Special Features:
- Just passable nowChopsFanVIPDined on 7/20/2013Joe's was sort of a staple dining location for us in the area, however over the years they have begun to lose their identity. They don't seem to know what they want to be. The menu has changed so much that the offerings are in seriously diverse categories. The only thing that remains unchanged is their Onion Soup. Love their Onion Soup. I was going to have the pastrami sandwich, which was new on the menu. I said I wanted Sweet Potato Fried instead of the standard fries. The waiter said "they put the fries IN the sandwich." I was like, you're kidding me. He said "Believe me, you don't want it." 'nuff said! Used to really like Joe's. Now it's just some restaurant where I used to go. Now, it's just some restaurant where I used to go