33 Office Park Road Suite 224
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriadivina.com/
- Phone: 8436864442
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday through Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Lunch: By request only, for large groups
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Hugo Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Executive Chef, Hugo Lee was recently called a "Culinary Artist" by several clients. His ability to create, especially for special events is legendary.
From small dinner parties in your home, to 200+ person catered events, Chef Hugo is ready to WOW your guests with his culinary talents. We've been known to fly-in seafood from around the world and procure the most unique ingredients to insure your function is very special.
A word from Trattoria Divina
Nestled in Park Plaza, Trattoria Divina offers fine dining Italian food like the island has never seen it. Chef Hugo Lee brings his culinary expertise from San Diego with over 15 years of experience creating Italian food that surprises and delights our patrons. From the Lobster Pot Pie to the Ice Sculpture Sorbet, everything presented is made in house. Chef Hugo prepares everything from sauces to soups from scratch daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Trattoria Divina - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Trattoria Divina reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)special occasion (73)neighborhood gem (70)notable wine list (67)romantic (65)good for groups (32)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- F TroopTHECOSVIPDined on 5/27/2014Outstanding Italian Restuarant. Dominic was our waiter and was outstanding. The food specials were exceptional. Wine list is great. This is a must on HHI. We loved it so much we came back 3 nights later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014Other than the nice touch with the Prosecco, the meal that my wife and I had was very poor. We started with the mussels. The sauce that the mussels were in was not very good. I ordered Penne Bolognaise ...I have had this type of red sauce in many parts of the world since it is my favorite type of red sauce....The bolognaise sauce that this place has is a maet sauce ...not even close. My wife tried dish with linguini and some scallops on top of it. The linguini was way undercooked I ordered chicken Milanese which huge disappointment...the chicken not tender, bread crumbs to make the "milanese" were not very good. If anyone in HH is looking for good Italian restauarants try Michael Anthony, OMBRA or even Il Carpaccio
- The following 336 reviews are from the Trattoria Divina reviews archive.
- Real ITALY feelingDeeandsalDined on 5/21/2014Our server was friendly and knew the menu and the preparation of each item. The Agnolotti pasta dish could not be better if prepared by Chef Mario Batallia himself.. Nice going Chef at the Divina !!!!!Special Features:
- The staff was awesometalktomommaDined on 5/21/2014I had lobster, it was interesting but not fresh…I'd go back and eat something else. My husband had steak he liked very much.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Servers were very knowledgable and helpful with our choices. Loved the extra touches of comp Prosecco, appetizer sample. We had a window table and did get some cigar smells from next door shop and outside smokers. Very tasty dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern Italian GemRobertDined on 5/17/2014Chef Hugo cooks like my Momma! Creative twists on Northern Italian cuisine will want you coming back for more. Wonderful fresh pastas, home made mozzerella, the best bread we've had since Jersey just added to the caring service we received. We were greeted with a glass of Prosecco and an amuse bouche and then sampled heirloom tomato's that for this time of year were amazing. Then on to spinach ravioli with a lemon sauce that made us go WOW! Shrimp scampi and lobster risotto were a unique combo, and the freshest of steamed vegetables that accompanied them make me want to ask Chef Hugo what the secret was in the sauce. Be sure to make reservations, enjoy the great wine list, and leave room for the sorbetto!Special Features:
- Awesome, againTravelersDined on 5/13/2014Newly found. Second visit, this time with guests, we were all impressed....all four different appetizers and entrees superb. Service and presentation impeccable.....the muse and starting wine were a delight. We shared one dessert, molten chocolate cake with great coffee. Serving sizes were large and we all took leftovers home. Enjoyed appetizers were the she crab soup with puff pastry crust, mussels, red beet salad, dinners were veal osso busco, penne bolognese and two pasta specials. Not to be confused with run of the mill.....most definitely in their own league.Special Features:
- NiceMrsjVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had 3 terrific dinners and 1 bad one a few nights ago . Service was excellent and we were not charged for the one entree.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencekeyquaDined on 5/11/2014I made the reservation with no problems on Open Table. It was for my mother on Mother's Day. We had a great table and were immediately approached and asked if we wanted water. The waitress then came and gave menus and specials. Our drink orders were taken and bread delivered. The service was excellent, but the food was better. We had a wonderful time and would go again and recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem!MsPalmettobugDined on 5/10/2014Reading great reviews about this restaurant on open table was the reason we chose to go for dinner. It was surprisingly wonderful! It is hidden in a strip mall. We had never seen it advertised. So glad we decided to give it a try. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class dining experiencegoferbroke1Dined on 5/9/2014Chef Hugo is a fine craftsman in the kitchen...always excellent...you must eat here!Special Features:
- Trattoria Divina - a must dine!JimSVIPDined on 5/8/2014This is a fabulous restaurant. The food and the service are exceptional. We dined here twice last week on our vacation. We highly highly recommend Trattoria Divina. It is one of the best restaurants on Hilton Head!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome does not do it justice!TravelersDined on 5/8/2014The meal, from the chef's muse, appetizer, to main course was incredible. So clearly made from scratch with imagination and artistry. The blend of seasonings never overpowered the food, simply served to enhance. Presentation was beautiful and appealing. Andre, our server, was very knowledgable, pleasant and set a perfect pace. The lobster bisque broth was delicious, loaded with chunks of real lobster, covered with a light puff pastry, no bag of oyster crackers, here! The homemade lobster filled ravioli was so good, the dough would have been delicious empty. The catch of the day, mahi mahi was moist, topped with a generous crabmeat crust on a bed of asparagus and fingerling potatoes. That said, still not doing the meal justice.Special Features:
- Highly recommend!MaryDined on 5/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here on a quiet Monday evening. I had the special caprese salad that had homemade burratta. Delicious! My husband enjoyed the bruschetta. The special mahi mahi with crab topping was delicious and the crab topping was very generous. Our lovely waitress explained that everything they serve is fresh that day. My husband had the lobster ravioli and said it was outstanding. We were sorry we did not have room for dessert. Wine was reasonably priced and they had a nice selection. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimSVIPDined on 5/4/2014We found Tratorria Divina on our trip to Hilton Head last fall. This is a terrific Italian Restaurant. The food and the service are absolutely superb. This is a must dine when you visit Hilton HeadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014First visit to the little gem. Food was outstanding and portion size was large - didn't finish my dish which is unusual for me. Dominic our sever was very good and attentive along with other staff members. Good wine list. For the area I thought the prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home aboutSteveVIPDined on 5/3/2014We selected this restaurant based entirely on the reviews of previous diners. While the food was good it was certainly not special and we will likely not dine here again.
- Italian-ish Food (with a "twist")mjmccoymdVIPDined on 5/2/2014Great service and very accommodating chef, who wants to be different from "all the other Italian restaurants in town". He adds "twists" to the normal (authentic) Italian dishes, which can be interesting. Still, for those who want authentic, the twists may not be desired. Presentation is very good, and service was outstanding, attentive yet not hovering. Ambience is nice in the "wine room", and noise levels (even on a Friday night) were low enough to have a real conversation with dining partners.
- Great food and exceptional service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014We would not have found this lovely little restaurant if not for a coupon in our dining guide. They are smart to include themselves in this guide/coupon book as we would not have discovered it otherwise. We took friends and they were so impressed they returned less than one week later. We also look forward to a return visit. Menu is creative and shows imagination - different flavors. Not ordinary. Wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodFrankJudyVIPDined on 4/28/2014Service and food were both excellent and thoughtful. Complimentary sparkling wine and small appetizer were a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hilton Head MUST....BobbbnDined on 4/26/2014This is our fifth year coming to Hilton Head Island and the Trattoria Divina is one of our number on destination restaurants. The menu is outstanding and the quality of the food is off the charts. Chef Hugo and Domenic continue to impress.......if you're coming to HHH and want some REALLY great Italian this is your spot.Special Features:
- Very nice mealfood4twoDined on 4/23/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Trattoria Divina on a recent visit to Hilton Head. My husband absolutely loved the delicious lobster bisque and I really enjoyed the crab salad I had for my appetizer. We both had wonderful pasta dishes for dinner and an over the top incredible bananas foster cheesecake for dessert. The dinner portions were very large. We were the last table seated in the evening with a 9:00 reservation and I think the kitchen was ready to call it a night because our entrees came out much too quickly, and the tables around us were being cleared and re-set for the next day, which was unfortunate. Would definitely visit again but would plan to eat earlier so as to not feel rushed so everyone could go home...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable restaurantJackVIPDined on 4/20/2014This was our first time dining at this restaurant. We enjoy all of the great restaurants in Hilton Head whenever we visit. Trattoria Divina experience was good, but not as good as some of the other local restaurants. We all had seafood dishes, portions were large, and overall we enjoyed our meals. The decor needs some updating (or remodeling) as the hanging fabrics have seen better days. Service was friendly, and attentive.Special Features:
- April 20/2014Hilton2014Dined on 4/20/2014My wife ordered the lobster tail and jumbo shrimp she sent it back as it was cold .... I ordered the seafood pasta was very good lots of seafood but a little soupy with all the tomato sauce .... we ate at Michael Anthony's the night before and were comparing the two which in our opinion Michaels was much betterSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Excellent service and a delicious meal. Would definitely return. Would request a table rather than a booth next time because I found the back hard and uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chilean sea bassKC1977Dined on 4/19/2014M wife & I had the best dinner Saturday. Pan seareded & finished off best sea bass we ever had. Pan sceared and finished off in oven. Fabulous fresh steamed vegetables. One of top 5 resturants on Hilton head island Two vists to trattoria in one week both excellent experiences We will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Schönes Restaurant mit gutem EssenJuliaDined on 4/19/2014Wir haben am 19.April bei Trattoria Divina gegessen. Schneller freundlicher Service, frisches leckeres Essen. Das Brot war frisch gebacken und schmeckte italienisch. Die Butter war richtige Butter! Unsere Salate waren knackig. Meine Pasta mit Lobsterfleischfüllung war sehr lecker. Ich kann Trattoria Divina wärmstens weiterempfehlen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pam loves HHI and great eateries...LuvFoodDined on 4/18/2014We have been coming to the island for 15 years and so happy to have found this gem! We are highly critical of Italian dining and this exceeded our expectations. Dom was a great waiter and very passionate about the food. I had lobster and shrimp over parsnips and spinach and my husband had penne bolognese. OUTSTANDING...we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trattoria Divina nice but----Diner2goVIPDined on 4/18/2014Trattoria Divina in Hilton Head is a restaurant progress. We were seated at a table for 2. Hilton head was experiencing torrential rain and the roof was leaking on the table next to us. Hence the 3 star rating for ambience. I would have rated our dining experience higher. We were served a complimentary glass of Prosecco. Very nice. My husband and I split a wonderful Caprese salad seasoned well with a wonderful balsamic vinaigrette. This was followed with a complimentary pear bite garnished with Gorgonzola. Nice! We selected pasta dishes. Pasta Bolognese was served a bit over cooked and a little gooey. Ok taste. My husbands Carbonara had crabmeat on it. He felt it overpowered the Carbonara. We had gelato for dessert. Very good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific find and great foodTravelduoDined on 4/17/2014We had a wonderful evening, with great food and service. We really appreciated the ambiance and the ability to talk and be heard. Everyone in our group really loved their meal (the tastes were amazing) and the tiramisu dessert which we shared was out of this world. We each had different dishes, scallops (huge and tender), halibut - perfectly cooked, spinach ravioli - delectable taste, and agnoletti, tender and flavourful. We will definitely make this a regular when we are in Hilton Head. We also really appreciated the attention of the staff - who noticed we were having a great discussion even after we paid the bill and brought us water (and sheets of paper for our chats with friends). Many thanks for making our evening enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealHappyDined on 4/17/2014What a menu--wanted to order everything. Our server was helpful in guiding us through the choices. The quality of this restaurant is tops in all categories--you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and nice ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2014Very good food and nice ambiance. Service was very slow. Appetizer served with 2nd course. Sat for 10 minutes after eating for server to clear table.Special Features:
- Divina ExperienceGJRPERDined on 4/14/2014Spent a week in Hilton Head SC and thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Trattoria Divina. My husband had the special that evening, Veal Chop and wild mushroom risotto which was excellent and a hearty portion cooked to perfection. I had the pear salad which was excellent, mushroom pasta which was quite rich but delicious. Service was impeccable, our server Lina was very attentive and friendly but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outCammyDined on 4/13/2014The restaurant is very attractively decorated, so you think you are in Italy. The service is superb, almost too superb, as the water guy seems to be hovering. The food is delicious, although the menu does not have very many "simple dishes" for a non-gourmet palate. We were never rushed and were able to have a quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. We had anOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Food was great. We had an excellent server (Paige). Her knowledge of the wines offered and the menu was extensive. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PastaannieVIPDined on 4/12/2014Portions are very nice size. Not as many meat choices but if they specialize in homemade pasta then that is why. The pasta was outstanding and fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food, great service.PennyDined on 4/12/2014Really good food, great service. Complimentary prosecco a very nice touch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014Trattoria Divina is a winner! The food was superb and the chef is outstanding. The waiter is great, it's was such a busy night. The restaurant is located in a strip shopping center, but once inside....you are pleasantly surprised. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful fish optionsGolfer18VIPDined on 4/10/2014Hilton Head has been our go to vacation spot for years. While restaurants abound, a certain inconsistency seems present across so many popular dining options. Trattoria Divinia had great reviews so we gave it a try. We were seated in the wine room which was cozy and conversation friendly. We started the meal with a small portion champagne and a bite sized chef amuse. A very special way to welcome diners. Our appetizers and salads were expertly prepared and made of the freshest ingredients. We all chose different fish options for our entrees. We were all extremely pleased. One individual in our group said her fish may have been one of the best preparations she has had in years. Our next trip to HHI will certainly Trattoria Divinia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fun and great foodSteveIsAdinerDined on 4/8/2014very good food - from osso bucco to lobster ravioli great appetizers and desserts tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.