518 10th St NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bistrodoc.com/
- Phone: 2023935444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bistro d'OC
Bistro d'OC is a casual French restaurant located in downtown DC. We serve specialties from the Languedoc region of France, as well as typical French bistro fare. We are family-owned and operated, and serve high quality food at a moderate price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro d'OC reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (37)romantic (30)special occasion (24)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (16)good for groups (10)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Little french bistro with good foodloriDined on 1/12/2013We had a wonderful meal at Bistro D'OC last evening. We had 6pm reservations and were seated promptly. The butternut squash soup was delicious although it was a bit sweet. The bread and butter reminded us of the great stuff we had in Paris. The cheese plate was varied and generous. The house red was even good.The duck confit was wonderful as was the steak poivre. Desserts were ok but the coffee and hot chocolate were a great. Reasonable price for downtown DC. Really enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- We had little time but theyLandersDined on 1/10/2013We had little time but they were attentive and friendly, and the food was outstanding. We had the roast chicken and it is among the best I've eaten anywhere. The skin was crisp and the meat was moist and tender and flavorful.Special Features:
- They have a great specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/9/2013They have a great special deal for dinner and a movie w/ E Street Cinema around the blockSpecial Features:
- Standard french fare, notOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012Standard french fare, not outstanding but reliable. Service though was mediocre, the place seemed to be in chaos with staff coming in and out of the kitchen very loudly and panic-like; albeit it was new year's eve and the staff were anxious to leave and have fun themselves. But somebody should have quiet things down. After all, if they could not support diners on that night, they should have closed down.
- Right across the street fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Right across the street from Ford's Theater, I took my parents and children there before a show. The food was very good--managing to satisfy my 12-year-old picky eater and his advenurous twin brother as well as my quasi-foodie parents. The wine was reasonably priced, and the service was moderately "French" (e.g. a little stand-offish but efficient). Overall, I would eat there again if I were in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Although it's laid back andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2012Although it's laid back and cozy, Bistro D'Oc (the owner is originally from Languedoc in the south of France) is a great place for a somewhat more than casual meal with a French provincial flair, for pre-theatre dining (Ford's Theatre is directly across the street), or for a terrific lunch. French bistro standbys like French onion soup, croque monsieur (ham and cheese), steak/frites, and sausage with lentils are always outstanding, especially with a good glass of Cotes du Rhone. Add some specials from the daily white board menu, or the southern French cassoulet, and you're in for a real treat. Desserts, including profiteroles, maccaroons, and more elaborate fare (often with fresh berries) are also excellent. Bon Appetit!Special Features:
- Great spot if taking in aMacleeDined on 12/28/2012Great spot if taking in a show at Ford's theater just across the street. Waiter was friendly, but the entire staff seemed to run as they served you? We ordered off the fixed price theater menu, the food was so so. We will try the regular menu next time.
- Neighborhood GemJEinDCVIPDined on 12/27/2012Our oasis in a seat of tchotchke shops! Family owned and run, this is a gem where you can eat from a menu with a wonderful variety. If the mussels are on the specials menu, and you love mussels, order them! You'll want more of the delicious bread for dunking in the broth. The bread, with the excellent sweet butter, is a treat. The goat cheese salad is beautiful and tasty - and with soup, could be a whole meal. The Alsace white wine is wonderful. We've never had a bad or even mediocre meal here. Of course safe room for dessert! The petit pot de creme is so good with the orange ice cream; the profiteroles are my spouse's favorite .. and that of many friends. It is perfect - and we love it.Special Features:
- Great find before theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012The pre/post theatre menu is a great deal. The kitchen staff quite literally ran in and out dropping off trays of orders to be delivered by wait staff. It was kind of distracting and also seemed almost dangerous. Food portions were small, but they didn't need to be any bigger. Meals were cooked quickly so time investment was minimal.Special Features:
- I dined alone and this isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2012I dined alone and this is often awkward as the wait staff knows it will be less of a tab. I was seated near the noisy kitchen door and there was lots of activity, but the food was very good, and it arrived timely even though I had to flag someone down to get another glass of wine. I’ve been there with friends and have received more attentive service. Still, I will return, food is great, and depending on where you are seated, ambiance is lovely.Special Features:
- :-) Food - Frenchy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/22/2012The food was excellent - with rack of lamb, fresh mussels, fois gras, and the freshest bread in the region, you will get a taste bud trip to France with equally stunning presentations. Service could use a little nudge of etiquette. A bus boy/server running - literally running non stop through the restaurant to the kitchen every 3 minutes was beyond irritating it took poor service and ambiance to a whole new level. Water glasses were never filled, flagging down a waiter in a place where you are dropping 30.00+ a plate is not on par with fine dining. So if you want excellent French food with equally stereotypical French attitude here is the place to go. A convenient place to go pre-show at Fords theater.Special Features:
- Was there for late lunch andtravelerDined on 12/22/2012Was there for late lunch and although the food and service are good, the place felt cold (temperature) and there was no music......it felt a bit sterile.
- I'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2012We went to Bistro d'OC before a show at National Theater. Bistro d'OCs decor is much like I imagine a house in the French country side. The noise level was quiet and we could have good conversation yet there were plenty of other people in the restaurant. The food was excellent. The service was helpful and attentive. I will definitely be back.
- Great pre theatre price forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2012Great pre theatre price for 3 course meal w excellent selections. Great service by attentive staff. Wonderful family experience during busy Christmas season. This was our second experience here and we will return and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- We had a lovely lunch. ThePeabodyDined on 12/19/2012We had a lovely lunch. The restaurant is small downstairs. It reminded us of a New York resturant with lots of people popping in to see what the daily special was on the white board. It was a fun experience and is directly across the street from Ford's Theater.Special Features:
- Bistro d'Oc offers well preparedTomSVIPDined on 12/17/2012Bistro d'Oc offers well prepared food at a reasonable price (for Washington DC). The veal chop that was offered as a special menu item was excellent. It is a smaller establishment, located in an older building, and at first glance looks more like a pub than a fine dining establishment. Venture in, you may be pleasantly surprised!Special Features:
- Very pleasant bistro withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012Very pleasant bistro with quiet, attractive atmosphere and hearty, traditional French fare.Special Features:
- I wonderful surprise placeBatmanVIPDined on 12/13/2012I wonderful surprise place across the street from Ford's theater. Excellent food and wine and a real bargin.Special Features:
- The service was quick, andLaraDined on 12/13/2012The service was quick, and the food was delicious. It was a perfect dining experience prior to the theater.Special Features:
- The food remains good at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2012The food remains good at this restaurant, but the service at this recent lunch was sub-par. That was my first experience there with poor service so I won't write it off yet.
- Small, neighhood style restaurantArtHVIPDined on 12/12/2012Small, neighhood style restaurant in a city full of restaurants overly-impressed with themselves. Bistro d'OC seemed authentic - good food,charming atmosphere, low key service. We enjoyed the French menu - the food is quite good. We brought our own wine, and the staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful - the even demonstrated interest in what came from our respective wine cellars. A nice touch! Not a place for lobbyists to entertain clients. But a great, low key place serving good food at reasonable prices. What more could one want??Special Features:
- Good food. What bothers meOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012Good food. What bothers me is having to ask the waiter to refill my water glass. Good service means I don't have to ask.
- I was really pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2012I was really pleased with my experience at Bistro d'OC. I dined there for a holiday lunch with some coworkers. I had the minute hanger steak, the pasta au gratin, and the chocolate mousse for dessert. All of them were very tasty. They prepared my steak just as I had ordered it (rare) and it was delicious and tender. My coworkers were also happy with their meals. The waiter was very attentive and the restaurant was quiet and intimate. I definitely recommend this place for a reliably good meal.Special Features:
- Great little bisrto with freshOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/8/2012Great little bisrto with fresh and well prepared food. I've been here a bunch of times over the years and it never disappoints.
- Bistro d'OC provides an intimateOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/6/2012Bistro d'OC provides an intimate French setting with savory food choices although the wine by the glass menu is somewhat limited. Our party enjoyed the sea bream, chicken with a creamy bernaise, crispy duck confit, braised short ribs and sweetbreads en croute and pronounced each dish wonderful. A perfect place to dine prior to seeing a show at Ford's Theatre.Special Features:
- the perfect family run frenchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2012the perfect family run french birtro -- and my personal favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- lovely spot, delicious foodDCfoodfanVIPDined on 12/2/2012wonderful choice for a delightful lunch. Well prepared food, good service and the perfect place to go when you'd like to hear your friends across the table. Can't wait to return
- Called Bistro d'OC to confirmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Called Bistro d'OC to confirm the lamb's brains would be on the evening's menu but on ordering was told it was only available occasionally and would not be served that night. The host was unapologetic and challenged me to name who had told me this. I ordered the veal sweetbreads for an appetizer -- delicious! I followed it with the duck confit which was very good. Even though I ate very early and the restaurant was almost empty, I was seated in an awful spot right behind the host station, a very high-traffic area -- pretty much manic staff activity in the entire bar area. Next time I'll eat in the dining room where hopefully I'll enjoy a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Still a foursquare FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2012Still a foursquare French bistro, but seems like there are Thai managers and/or owners as Thai flavors are now a strong influence on the menu and our waitress was apparently Thai. If the food is not quite as good as in a typical bistro in France, it's close. Portions a little small but prices moderate and fair.
- CLMfood4meDined on 11/27/2012Food was very good and some interesting specials. The waiter was charming and attentive. I felt like I was in France.Special Features:
- Very Convenient to Ford'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012Very Convenient to Ford's theatre-across the street. the menu was varied all our dishes were very good. Portions are small which suited us perfectly. The wine selection was more than adequate. the martinis were small and not quite cold enough to satisfy a connoisseur. Apple tart was too sweet and did not taste homemade.
- Attending a play at Lincoln?HCMDDined on 11/24/2012This is the place to eat if you are attending a play across the street. COULD NOT BE MORE CONVENIENT & the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro D'Oc is from anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/17/2012Bistro D'Oc is from another era. One feels out of time and place upon entering but its a great experience; something akin to spending an hour or two dining in the movie "Midnight in Paris" sans Woodie Allen. The menu lists classic French food in abundance. Four diners Saturday night ordered different starters and entrees and everyone was happy with each choice. All of us longed to be in Paris because we felt so close, not nine hours and a big pond away. Service was also very good. This is my third visit to Bistro D'Oc and there will be many more.Special Features:
- Service a little slow, probablyFredDined on 11/17/2012Service a little slow, probably becaue it was Sat. night.
- Had a great early dinner thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2012Had a great early dinner there mid week. Will definitely go back...Special Features:
- Excellent creatively preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Excellent creatively prepared food for a reasonable price. I'll go again when I'm in D.C.Special Features: