518 10th St NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bistrodoc.com/
- Phone: 2023935444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bistro d'OC
Bistro d'OC is a casual French restaurant located in downtown DC. We serve specialties from the Languedoc region of France, as well as typical French bistro fare. We are family-owned and operated, and serve high quality food at a moderate price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro d'OC reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (26)great for lunch (25)romantic (25)notable wine list (13)good for groups (10)great for brunch (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very pleasant bistro withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012Very pleasant bistro with quiet, attractive atmosphere and hearty, traditional French fare.Special Features:
- I wonderful surprise placeBatmanVIPDined on 12/13/2012I wonderful surprise place across the street from Ford's theater. Excellent food and wine and a real bargin.Special Features:
- The service was quick, andLaraDined on 12/13/2012The service was quick, and the food was delicious. It was a perfect dining experience prior to the theater.Special Features:
- The food remains good at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2012The food remains good at this restaurant, but the service at this recent lunch was sub-par. That was my first experience there with poor service so I won't write it off yet.
- Small, neighhood style restaurantArtHVIPDined on 12/12/2012Small, neighhood style restaurant in a city full of restaurants overly-impressed with themselves. Bistro d'OC seemed authentic - good food,charming atmosphere, low key service. We enjoyed the French menu - the food is quite good. We brought our own wine, and the staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful - the even demonstrated interest in what came from our respective wine cellars. A nice touch! Not a place for lobbyists to entertain clients. But a great, low key place serving good food at reasonable prices. What more could one want??Special Features:
- Good food. What bothers meOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012Good food. What bothers me is having to ask the waiter to refill my water glass. Good service means I don't have to ask.
- I was really pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2012I was really pleased with my experience at Bistro d'OC. I dined there for a holiday lunch with some coworkers. I had the minute hanger steak, the pasta au gratin, and the chocolate mousse for dessert. All of them were very tasty. They prepared my steak just as I had ordered it (rare) and it was delicious and tender. My coworkers were also happy with their meals. The waiter was very attentive and the restaurant was quiet and intimate. I definitely recommend this place for a reliably good meal.Special Features:
- Great little bisrto with freshOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/8/2012Great little bisrto with fresh and well prepared food. I've been here a bunch of times over the years and it never disappoints.
- Bistro d'OC provides an intimateOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/6/2012Bistro d'OC provides an intimate French setting with savory food choices although the wine by the glass menu is somewhat limited. Our party enjoyed the sea bream, chicken with a creamy bernaise, crispy duck confit, braised short ribs and sweetbreads en croute and pronounced each dish wonderful. A perfect place to dine prior to seeing a show at Ford's Theatre.Special Features:
- the perfect family run frenchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2012the perfect family run french birtro -- and my personal favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- lovely spot, delicious foodDCfoodfanVIPDined on 12/2/2012wonderful choice for a delightful lunch. Well prepared food, good service and the perfect place to go when you'd like to hear your friends across the table. Can't wait to return
- Called Bistro d'OC to confirmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Called Bistro d'OC to confirm the lamb's brains would be on the evening's menu but on ordering was told it was only available occasionally and would not be served that night. The host was unapologetic and challenged me to name who had told me this. I ordered the veal sweetbreads for an appetizer -- delicious! I followed it with the duck confit which was very good. Even though I ate very early and the restaurant was almost empty, I was seated in an awful spot right behind the host station, a very high-traffic area -- pretty much manic staff activity in the entire bar area. Next time I'll eat in the dining room where hopefully I'll enjoy a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Still a foursquare FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2012Still a foursquare French bistro, but seems like there are Thai managers and/or owners as Thai flavors are now a strong influence on the menu and our waitress was apparently Thai. If the food is not quite as good as in a typical bistro in France, it's close. Portions a little small but prices moderate and fair.
- CLMfood4meDined on 11/27/2012Food was very good and some interesting specials. The waiter was charming and attentive. I felt like I was in France.Special Features:
- Very Convenient to Ford'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012Very Convenient to Ford's theatre-across the street. the menu was varied all our dishes were very good. Portions are small which suited us perfectly. The wine selection was more than adequate. the martinis were small and not quite cold enough to satisfy a connoisseur. Apple tart was too sweet and did not taste homemade.
- Attending a play at Lincoln?HCMDDined on 11/24/2012This is the place to eat if you are attending a play across the street. COULD NOT BE MORE CONVENIENT & the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro D'Oc is from anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/17/2012Bistro D'Oc is from another era. One feels out of time and place upon entering but its a great experience; something akin to spending an hour or two dining in the movie "Midnight in Paris" sans Woodie Allen. The menu lists classic French food in abundance. Four diners Saturday night ordered different starters and entrees and everyone was happy with each choice. All of us longed to be in Paris because we felt so close, not nine hours and a big pond away. Service was also very good. This is my third visit to Bistro D'Oc and there will be many more.Special Features:
- Service a little slow, probablyFredDined on 11/17/2012Service a little slow, probably becaue it was Sat. night.
- Had a great early dinner thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2012Had a great early dinner there mid week. Will definitely go back...Special Features:
- Excellent creatively preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Excellent creatively prepared food for a reasonable price. I'll go again when I'm in D.C.Special Features: