252 Somerville Rd
Bedminster, NJ 07921Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twofiftytworestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9082349093
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Melissa Hill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: Full service catering company creating customized menus for our clients. Please contact us at 908-234-9093 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: twofiftytwo is the perfect setting for celebrating a special occasion or hosting a corporate event. From ten to thirty six guests for a sit down dinner and up to forty five for a cocktail reception, 252 offers extraordinary food, an intimate setting, and gracious hospitality. In addition to creating a customized menu with our talented chefs, 252 works with local wine and liquor retailers to help you organize your event. 252 provides the perfect setting for a range of private events. For information on arranging a private event, please email Melissa Hill at email@example.com or call us at 908-234-9093.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Hill 9082349093
A word from TwoFiftyTwo Restaurant
Twofiftytwo celebrates the farms and artisans of New Jersey and the northeast. The majority of our ingredients are sourced locally from reputable, passionate growers who embrace the ideas of organic, ethical, and sustainable farming practices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TwoFiftyTwo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (8)special occasion (8)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- the problem with this restaurantjschVIPDined on 1/30/2013the problem with this restaurant is simple they dont get how important it is to change the menu i was here in september and in february guess what same menu thats a great way to lose loyal customersSpecial Features:
- Fourth or fifth time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013Fourth or fifth time dining there. My mussels were served plain without a broth or anything in which to dip. My tuna au poivre was served cold. A shame- we like the spot- but the past few experiences were underwhelming.
- Very average food. PlatesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2013Very average food. Plates for the main course were not hot; so food cooled down quickly.
- This is a very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/3/2013This is a very nice restaurant with an interesting menu most of which is excellent, but there are a few missteps like the way the flounder was presented and the vegetarian entree, which was lentils and squash. The homemade biscuits are absolutely delicious as are the desserts.Special Features:
- Best in BedminsterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Great NYE. Food was delicious & reasonably priced. Not a customer around that wasn't smiling, having fun & enjoying their meal. Missy & her staff do a great job & everyone in our party (a few newcomers) loved the food. I can't say enough good things about 252. Thanks for a great meal & very memorable New Years! We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Mixed on food, not worth the valueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The food did not quite follow the menu descriptions. Examples: For the kale salad, there was hardly a trace of manchego cheese, for the gnudi, there was no butter or sage flavors, leaving it bland, for the side of frices, maybe a tiny sprinkle of pecorino cheese if you squinted. All of the missing ingredients mentioned were listed on the menu in the descriptions. Not really worth the $75 tab for 2. The lobster sandwich was tasty. So was the 252 candy bar dessert.
- Everything was great fromOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/28/2012Everything was great from appetizers to dessert. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Food and presentation areBalannDined on 12/15/2012Food and presentation are top notch. Ambience is pleasant but needs some warming up; just a little too stark. Service is terrible - very rushed.Special Features:
- staff was great, food wasgolferDined on 12/14/2012staff was great, food was great. Canpt wait to go back!!Special Features:
- We were very very pleasantlyJeanDined on 12/8/2012We were very very pleasantly surprised. Knew nothing about it. Looking for a BYO and found it listed in NJ monthly. Reviews were fine, but again, we didn't no anyone who had gone. the food was deliciously and nicely prepared. The fact that is is almost all organic, farm to table, locally grown and they are considerate of allergies and take any substitutions......well that was a plus and actually why I picked the place.. Food is all fresh, not processed and interested combinations. Place is very quaint as well. We will definitely go back. Loved it.Special Features:
- Great intimate restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012Great intimate restaurant with unique food combinations. We had the scallops and lamb, both cooked to perfection. The server was very knowledgable and attentive. The chef was accomodating to our food allergies. The space is small but inviting, menu fresh, and the fact that it's BYO makes it all the better. We will be back.Special Features:
- Everything at twofiftytwoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2012Everything at twofiftytwo was wonderful from the service to the food. Very quaint and welcoming restaurant with great food. The scallops paired with the corn puree is perfect, and the candy bar was to die for. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceekelsey160VIPDined on 11/17/2012Always a great experience food wise, but the noise level is very high. Not sure if it is do to the room itself or layout of the tables, but unfortunately it does take away from what otherwise is a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Overpriced averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012We were very disappointed with our experience at 252. While the makings are there for a great restaurant, we left feeling like we wasted our money and had a very average experience. At $60 a head (not including our BYOB bottles) at a rural NJ restaurant, one expects excellent service and food...we got neither. Our server was polite, but not welcoming or over enthusiastic about the menu, making no suggestions and offering little insight into the idea behind the menu, clearly serving at a fine dining establishment was not on her forte...as for the food, the menu was enticing and different. However, the plates did not reach their potential. Very average, very small (1/2 filet of flounder over a scoop of lentils) and very pricey. Save your $.
- Overall a very good diningBeeMoVIPDined on 11/15/2012Overall a very good dining experience. Perhaps a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- Two Fifty Two is a very niceTravelfiendnjVIPDined on 10/27/2012Two Fifty Two is a very nice BYO restaurant. The room is pleasant but it's easy to hear the other diners (it's noisey). The menu is interesting, combining local and seasonal ingredients in very tasty ways. The squash gnodi (gnocchi) and mussels appetizers were delicious. The tuna au poivre was enhanced by the mild fennel and the pasta bolognese was very good.The portions are generous. The service is friendly and professional at the same time. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very good experience. We hopeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2012Very good experience. We hope it's a little more popular the next time.Special Features:
- Crostini starter was minisculeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2012Crostini starter was miniscule and for the high prices being charged for the meal was annoyed that there was a charge for them. Entree was so peppery it was inedible. I was disappointed that there was no effort to offer a replacement or to reduce the charge.
- The kale and slivered brussellsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2012The kale and slivered brussells sprout salad was really delicious. I had the flounder which was fresh and served with diced potatoes and veggies; my daughter had the farfale with panchetta. We both really liked the freshness and tastiness of the meals - no overwhelming sauce or additives. The bonus was dessert - homemade candy bar served with icecream on the side. It was outstanding. I will definitely recommend to my friends.Special Features:
- Great byob restaurantCettsVIPDined on 9/22/2012This is a terrific upscale American restaurant tucked away in Bedminster. The atmosphere is elegant and intimate. The food and service were excellent. The restaurant is small so it's not good for big groups but it is perfect for a date night. This is definitely one of the best Byob restaurants in NJ.Special Features:
- Small, over-priced portionsBachDined on 9/22/2012Small, over-priced portions (Smoked salmon appetizer on tiny toast = $12. 4 scallops plus undercooked peas = $31, for example).
- look its simple this isjschVIPDined on 9/15/2012look its simple this is one of the better restaurants in NJ. go if you like and appreciate good quality food.Special Features:
- Fabulous. Great food, goodShorkieVIPDined on 9/14/2012Fabulous. Great food, good service, friendly atmosphere. A great find - I will be back!Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant. MyDelightedDined on 9/12/2012Very nice restaurant. My wife and I enjoyed it. We will be back!!Special Features: