252 Somerville Rd
Bedminster, NJ 07921Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twofiftytworestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9082349093
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Melissa Hill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: Full service catering company creating customized menus for our clients. Please contact us at 908-234-9093 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: twofiftytwo is the perfect setting for celebrating a special occasion or hosting a corporate event. From ten to thirty six guests for a sit down dinner and up to forty five for a cocktail reception, 252 offers extraordinary food, an intimate setting, and gracious hospitality. In addition to creating a customized menu with our talented chefs, 252 works with local wine and liquor retailers to help you organize your event. 252 provides the perfect setting for a range of private events. For information on arranging a private event, please email Melissa Hill at email@example.com or call us at 908-234-9093.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Hill 9082349093
A word from TwoFiftyTwo Restaurant
Twofiftytwo celebrates the farms and artisans of New Jersey and the northeast. The majority of our ingredients are sourced locally from reputable, passionate growers who embrace the ideas of organic, ethical, and sustainable farming practices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TwoFiftyTwo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great lunch and BYOB whichLouisCroutonVIPDined on 11/7/2013Great lunch and BYOB which is great. Been here twice for lunch and had the 1/2 sandwich and soup. Both times were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level - ridiculouslyFoodDined on 10/23/2013Noise level - ridiculously loud. The restaurant was cold. No one greeted us at the door. You had to walk into the restaurant to get someone's attention. Service was lacking. And the food, for the price, completely disappointing.
- Needs WORKKeepitrealVIPDined on 10/18/2013Acoustics, acoustics, acoustics! Brutal acoustics! Flavorless lobster risotto; with trace amounts of actual lobster at inflated prices. Other dishes average at best. I am not afraid to spend money, but this place too pricey. $7 for small portion of mashed potatoes? Fish taco with minuscule amount of fish? No parking? Decor on the cheap. But waitress was nice. Did I say "acoustics"?
- Food and menu are the reason to gomarkVIPDined on 10/18/2013Good ingredients prepared skillfully. Perhaps a more aggressive hand with seasonings or ambitious use of different cuisine types would help but the kitchen was very good. Oddly loud for a very small room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and InterestingNoelaniesDined on 10/16/2013This local food restaurant's creative use of fresh ingredients is definitely worth a visit. The scallops are divine and my partner always orders the melt in your mouth brisket. A visit is not complete without trying the apple cider donuts - light, fluffy and hot - with the salted caramel dipping sauce. The ambiance is warm and welcoming. Check out their cool barn wood wall when you first come in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2013Absolutely wonderful. Awesome service, outstanding food, and special ambiance. Definitely worth the trip, sure to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't even thinkTomGDined on 10/8/2013I could barely think let alone hear what my lunch guest was saying. There are no acoustics in the restaurant, all hard surface. I was loud and the sounds echoed around the room. Food was okay although my salad was drenched in dressing.
- started to eat at this restaurantjschVIPDined on 9/28/2013started to eat at this restaurant september 2012 and have gone back 6-7 times more all that has happened over time is continues a downward slope
- Perfect eveningKG14Dined on 9/28/2013Food was delicious. First time trying a fish taco and it couldn't have been any better. The hangar steak was cooked perfectly and the apple cider donuts were delicious. Hope to go back one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh foodBufrportDined on 9/23/2013Took a friend to lunch, we are both vegetarians.. Wonderful soups and kale salad. Waitress was pleasanat and knowlegable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday is not a good dayBrit67Dined on 8/19/2013Preivous visit was excellent, lunch on Monday was a disappointment with thin, barely warm soup and OK service. Hope to see the restaurant return to form on next tripI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, AgainJDChesterDined on 8/17/2013Love this place - fresh and delicious food -- and a great, always changing menu. BYOB makes it reasonably priced as well.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2013We were very disappointed in our latest visit to TwoFiftyTwo. The portions are very small for top dollar prices. Particularly disappointing was the fish taco appetizer. $15 for 4 mini taco shells that contained almost no fish or flavor. Our entrees were fine, but not memorable. Dessert was a total flop. The key lime pie was very dry with absolutely no lime flavor and was not served with ice cream as indicated on the menu. I used to consider this restaurant a neighborhood gem, but no more. We found the dining room a bit loud for easy conversation and service was rushed. We will not be back.
- Birthday Dinner SuccessnemdinerDined on 8/1/2013Four friends and I had a fun and delicious dinner at twofiftytwo. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the food and made helpful suggestions on how we could share or split various appetizers/salads and desserts. All five people enjoyed their dinners (scallops, chicken, and rissoto). The lobster rissoto was well seasoned, not too heavy, and had generous amounts of lobster. We split three salads for appetizers and the very tasty (!) cider donuts for dessert. Overall it was a lovely birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid dinner experienceJDChesterDined on 7/20/2013Fresh food, interesting combinations of ingredients and well thought out menu. Had a great meal and great dessert. Only issue is service is a bit standoffish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/13/2013Had a very nice meal, most dishes were delicious, some, like the crostini and the tomato quiche did not. "Meld well" but overall a very good. Main issues were that the food came out quite quickly, we completed our entrees in less than an hour. The service was attentive but did not display the warmth of the overall setting for the restaurant, which is in a quaint house.Special Features:
- Food was only so-so in thisOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2013Food was only so-so in this restaurant designed without a thought to acoustics. We were just a party of four at a small table and could not hear the conversation across the table. Although the chef attempted to create unique combinations, I didn't find the attempt successful. The slices of Brussel Sprouts in the Kale and Brussel Sprout salad were tasteless, raw, and hard to chew. And the sea bass did not benefit from the short ribs sliced on top of it. Very disappointing!
- Loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/6/2013First time there. Had lunch on the adorable porch with my friend. Inside was decorated perfectly and very clean. Waitress was great!! The only reason I didn't give the food a 5 star was our chili was luke warm, not hot and it seemed to take just a little long for the food to come out?? Not really a big deal...( I didn't bother saying anything, we were starving). I would definitely go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOatg42Dined on 6/1/2013Food was excellent, service was great. The donuts were made fresh and one order was enough for 4 of us. The entrees were all prepared nicely and BYO always keeps the price down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Country Fresh DiningMTNesterVIPDined on 5/29/2013Loved the imaginative use of local fresh produce and seafood. We were over an hour late, but they never questioned, frowned or put us on the defensive. Service was gracious, and when we apologized for keeping our server late, she replied she couldn't leave any earlier, anyway. Really enjoyed the evening and will be sure and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerKellyVIPDined on 5/24/2013We chose 252 for my birthday dinner on a Friday night. It was surprisingly empty, but the weather was horrible. We were seated promptly. The server took little time explaining the menu and her recommendations. Thankfully, our choices were delicious.
- Great food so-so serviceTomHVIPDined on 5/10/2013Went to dinner with my wife, had reservations for 8:30 on a Saturday night. Place was empty except for one other table which was finishing up. Waitress seemed disinterested and acted like we were a bother to be there so late. I do not understand why they would accept reservations if they had wanted to close early for the evening. Overall food is excellent here, our second time dining here, however service needs to improve if they expect to keep customers returning.Special Features:
- While quality and preparationBeeMoVIPDined on 4/27/2013While quality and preparation are always first rate I still feel that prices are a bit expensive. $12 for what amounted to three spears of green asparagras and one white with three blanched ramps in a tasty vinegarette was a bit excessive. Saturday night was quite busy, the noise was excessive and the service lacking. A much better experience was had on a week night.Special Features:
- Awesome Place - check it out!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/10/2013I dined at TwoFiftyTwo last night for the first time with friends. What a great little restaurant! It was very quiet, as we were the only table there until about 8 p.m. The food was excellent, and our waitress was very attentive, but not overly so. The atmosphere there is crips and and sleek, and they had good music playing in background. They started us off with these amazing biscuits with strawberry butter which I could have made a meal out of - they were delicious! We had all started off with the bruschetta, which was equally good. My skirt steak excellent, as were the scallops and the roast chicken my friends had. A great meal, all things considered, and the three of us agreed this was a great place - check it out!Special Features:
- Really neat little restaurantweluvsteakVIPDined on 4/6/2013Really neat little restaurant - food was very good. Setting is intimate and service was good.Special Features:
- Decent selection on the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013Decent selection on the menu but lacked something that might blow me away. Just expected more. The best thing on the menu was the doughnuts for desert. Not that it was a fault of theirs, but we were seated by the door and although they had a curtain up to block the draft from the chilly air outside the night we dined there, it still came in throughout the night and hit us. All and all, an ok place, would like to try it for lunch. Would chose other places in the area for more special occasion meals.Special Features:
- Parking was a problem; hadDennis908VIPDined on 3/22/2013Parking was a problem; had to park next store in the postal office parking lot under threat of towing all cars. They took us right on time; Both servers where very personable and responsive. The celery soup was excellent. The main courses (Flank Steak & Pork Ragu Parpadelle) were very good but the portions where very small. I left hungry. The desert offerings were lacking.
- I can only speak to the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013I can only speak to the atmosphere at lunch time but it was very relaxing and the food was fresh and flavorful at a reasonable price. The interior is warm and inviting and up to date. I can't wait to go back when the weather is nice to eat on either the covered front porch or the back deck that has a bar seating area that would be a nice stop after work. It's a BYO which I love. I definitely recommend Two Fifty Two.Special Features:
- Quaint, intimate, down toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/2/2013Quaint, intimate, down to earth BYO. Food was excellent from the biscuits with strawberry butter to the grilled pound cake. That rack of Lamb was done to perfection. We went with friends and all had a very good experience. It is a small, open dining room which makes for a more lively atmosphere. However, we did not find the noise levels to ever get to be too much and had no problem enjoying the meal or conversation. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Two Fifty Two is the perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013Two Fifty Two is the perfect place to have an intimate dinner for two or a double date. The wait staff was super attentive and the food was excellent. We ate around 8pm on a Saturday night and when we arrived we were one of the only couples there, however by the time we finished our meal the place was packed out and there wasn't an empty seat to be found. The restaurant itself is charming and I love the cozy layout, although it can be a bit loud because the floors are wood and the sound bounces everywhere. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great little spot for someOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/20/2013Great little spot for some of the standards along with an assortment of interesting and innovative dishes to mix it up. Was there during a packed house with only one staff on as combination waitress/hostess/server and the service was still great. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- A wonderful little restaurant,WayneDined on 2/15/2013A wonderful little restaurant, with some exceptional items on the menu. Always a joy to dine there!Special Features:
- Excellent, small boutiqueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent, small boutique style restaurant that is a pleasure to go to for a nice dinner for 2 or 4 . Equally upscale food and service. Last visit was Valentine's Day, while normally not a fan of prix fixed meals on such occasions (and unnecessary courses)- this was an exception. Everything that they brought was delicious. We have been on a few other occasions (twice for dinner, once for lunch) and have had superb experiences. Do not skip dessert. It is somewhat pricey (for the non-descript locale and modest decor), but the gourmet fare and great attention justify this. BYO- is great as you can keep your bill lower while bringing a decent bottle to accompany this finer menu.Special Features:
- Meh, expected more for the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Disappointing. It was recommended by two co-workers, so my husband and I made reservations for Valentine's Day. Expected more for the $. Our "5 course" menu (for $85, BYO) was unimpressive. The waitstaff was polite but not particularly engaging. The first "course" was seared tuna - actually a bite of tuna on a toothpick. Entree - we both got the steak, which was cooked properly to temp but tough and not great flavor-wise. Then, the cheese course took 30 mins to come out. Meanwhile, the owner of the restaurant was seated nearby, oblivious to whether the guests were enjoying themselves. It was odd. No cappucino. Dessert and coffee were great. Trattoria Mediterranea around the corner kills this place in food and service.
- Extremely nice small localMenuMavenDined on 2/14/2013Extremely nice small local restaurant owed by catering company. Staff are eager to please and menu items are innovative. We hesitated to go there for valentine's day, but their limited menu for that day did not disappoint. Considering the quality of the menu items, price was a value although not inexpensive. If you like fine dining, you can pay a lot more for this quality fare, but here you don't. They want you to be happy and that personal touch makes a great deal of difference to the experience.Special Features:
- Restaurants on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Restaurants on Valentine's Day can be overwhelmed. TwoFiftyTwo used a limited menu and this allowed the food to be prepared and presented impeccably. Very high marks for the food, service is casual and friendly and the room is decorated so that it feels roomy yet cozy.Special Features:
- Went for valentines, menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Went for valentines, menu was fixed so we could not choose our meal. It was not worth the $85 price tag per person for a four course meal. an appetizer was one small cube of tuna that was dry, salad was ok but its salad. The duck was dry and the glaze was not complimentary to me. The desert was our favorite part of the meal. I would like to try the regular menu to really judge the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food. Very fresh. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/9/2013Great food. Very fresh. The biscuits are the best I've ever tastedSpecial Features:
- The food at Two fifty is NEVEROpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013The food at Two fifty is NEVER a diappointment. The wait service was excellent and very attentive. Can not say enough about the GEM this restaurant is.Special Features:
- Everything we had was fabulous,LisaDined on 2/1/2013Everything we had was fabulous, and I would highly recommend it to foodies. It *is* expensive...not to say not worth it....but be prepared and look at the menu before going, to know the prices you are walking into as there is nothing inexpensive on the menu. That being said, my husband and I thought the entire meal was great. The only thing we were not "Wow'ed" with was the dessert- but I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features: