Hakkasan San Francisco
One Kearny Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/sanfrancisco/
- Phone: 4158298148x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Saturday 11:30am - 3pm
Monday 5:30pm - 10pm
Tuesday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11pm
Monday 11:30am - 11pm
Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Hakkasan San Francisco can accommodate private events from 12 to 250 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan San Francisco
Located in one of the most food-centric cities in the U.S., Hakkasan San Francisco has become a culinary destination for locals and tourists alike. Accessible yet sophisticated, Hakkasan has redefined the modern Chinese fine-dining experience. “Modern authenticity” is at the heart of everything from the design of its chic, sensuous interior to the execution of its Michelin-starred modern Cantonese menu, to an expansive wine and cocktail program, carefully curated by the talented Hakkasan mixologists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Hakkasan San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Hakkasan San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (108)vibrant bar scene (91)hot spot (86)good for groups (63)romantic (60)great for lunch (53)notable wine list (42)neighborhood gem (33)late-night find (26)great for brunch (17)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Exceeded expectations!Fit4foodieVIPDined on 5/26/2014Having eaten at their restaurant at the Fountaine Blu in Miami Beach, the bar was set high. The SF staff smashed the bar on every aspect of their service and food quality. I forwarded pix of the food to multiple people, who's response beside "Oh! and "Cool!' was " Where do I go to get that!?"Special Features:
- Shining star on Market StreetOrderdessert1stDined on 5/26/2014I love eating at Hakkasan. I've been to the Miami, Beverly Hills, NYC and earlier this month went to the Las Vegas location. I must say they've got a great formula to creating a successful restaurant. In particular, good service, tasty food selections, unique drinks, and scrumptious desserts. My only concern with the SF location was that I was craving the fried rice with salted fish which is one of my favorite side dishes and the server informed us the chef removed it from the menu! So sad!!! Please bring it back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Dinner venueOmsfoodieDined on 5/24/2014This is the 3rd time at Hakkasan, both the Vegas and San Fransisco locations serve consistently great chic Chinese food and cleverly delicious cocktails. The customer service is superb. A place to impress your guests and have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/24/2014Hakkasan is amazing. Step aside yank sing or an of those tired chinese restaurants, this place rocks it! For an interior job of jaw dropping amazzzzing, totally cool champagne service that makes me feel like ordering off their veggie custom dim sum order menus feel like caviaaaaaar.... They have high quality items and special treats like the duck salad which is cannot to be missed. The seafood dumpling soup is also deelish. Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool, Trendy highly recommended!Try2dineVIPDined on 5/23/2014The restaurant doesn't look or act particularly Asian but the food is a delicious modern interpretations of Asian cuisine. Very nice place that can easily be described as "cool & Trendy" with staffing that is exceptionally friendly and helpful. portions are very big and quality is very good..Place is surprisingly reasonably priced with a very nice atmosphere. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:
- The following 322 reviews are from the Hakkasan San Francisco reviews archive.
- Great Birthday Lunch!YoliVIPDined on 5/22/2014WOW! There were three of us celebrating my birthday and we were definitely WOW'd. Each dish was remarkably delicious and the wait staff was very attentive. We loved the ambiance and were never rushed through courses. We tried many! They were all terrific. We will be back for an evening event soon. Thanks for such great food and service!Special Features:
- Fabulous Dim Sum!LizToddVIPDined on 5/19/2014Dim Sum like no other! The food is amazing here. Coming back in a few weeks since I only tried a few things. The seafood is so fresh and tasty. Highly recommend. Open your wallet for an amazing experience for your taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HakkasanSheilaVVIPDined on 5/16/2014Hard to find but an amazing find. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/15/2014Not authentic Chinese food but beautiful presentation! Great decor! Overpriced but everything is pretty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+lostTexanDined on 5/12/2014Great food, exceptional service, excellent cocktailsSpecial Features:
- Dim sum-tuousHelenVIPDined on 5/8/2014My 2nd trip to this energetic designer Asian haven. The spicy shrimp was out of this world. Shanghai dumplings savory and delightful. I was traveling solo but they made me feel very welcome. Staff and management extremely solicitous. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save Your MoneyNateivesfDined on 5/8/2014Super over priced for the lack of quality. Horrible incense smell upon entering.Special Features:
- Much much better in LondonHeiserDined on 5/1/2014Duck salad is really bad here! So are the drinks!
- A nice place for company functionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/29/2014The dim sum and egg fired rice were stunning. The other dishes that we ordered were at standard Chinese restaurant level but very pricy. The duck doesn't match to the price tag.Special Features:
- Loved it!FleurdeLysVIPDined on 4/28/2014Food was incredible. Service outstanding. A definite must. I had the prefix lunch. It was Delicious! We ordered drinks - they were fabulous. Highly recommend everything.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014A friend recommended this restaurant to me. The duck pomelo salad was amazing. I've never had anything like it. Also loved the tea selection. The servers were attentive but not intrusive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, food, and serviceDrewPaikVIPDined on 4/25/2014Can't really go wrong with Hakkasan, unless you are on a tight budget. Conveniently located near Union Square and the convention center, it's a great place for work dinners, first dates, and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eating In a clubclassysassygirlDined on 4/25/2014The food was great but it was noisy and dark, felt like I was eating in a club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Fusionfoodfanatic29Dined on 4/25/2014The starters were very good but the main courses were extremely disappointing. Overall it was very over priced, especially for the quality of the food. The cheapest bottle of wine was almost $50. I'm a big foodie and I love eating out but this was a rip off and piggy backing of the good name of some of the famous Asian fusion restaurants in New York. The service was also extremely poor. I wont be rushing back any time soon. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to it.Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/24/2014Food was great, and the servers were excellent - really helped to navigate the menu. Drinks were inventive.Special Features:
- Awesome findJillsyDined on 4/24/2014Great place. Service was wonderful, sommelier was knowledgeable, waiter was thourough and knew the dishes well. Good was awesome and came out hot and perfectly timed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Reviewcheetah33Dined on 4/22/2014Great ambiance but the food was okay. I could have gotten much better Chinese food and not spent $230.Special Features:
- Trendy Asian and UpscaleMickeyDined on 4/21/2014Simply stated, Hakkasan was everything we hoped for and more ... and more expensive than we expected as well. The menu is elegant and creative, the drinks well poured, and the pressed duck, "fried rice" and lemon chicken we world-class and worth the price of admission. My only criticism rests with the attitude of the waitress. The service was prompt and attentive, but for these prices I want some nice interaction with my server. She seemed bored and in a hurry. Not nice.Special Features:
- Always enjoy hereHiTeaVIPDined on 4/21/2014Their service is excellent! Foods are so pretty from Dim Sum to dessert.Special Features:
- Marvelous place, marvelous foodjb1992Dined on 4/18/2014This is my most favorite restaurant in the city, and last night, they truly outdid themselves this time. Excellent food, excellent cocktails and excellent deserts. The chocolate dumplings and coconut panna cota are to die for!Special Features:
- Over the topOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/18/2014Can't help to enjoy everything about this restaurant!Special Features:
- excelentevazquezhandallDined on 4/17/2014magnifico servicio , ambiente, decoracion y comidaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service and MealJacobDined on 4/11/2014This was my first time there and wow what a time. First, the service that you receive is amazing! You have a waiter, that knows everything when it comes too drinks and the food ( well trained)! Then there are other people and mangers in each section that over look the progress of your meal. So when you are finished they will take your plate right away, fill your water right away. You go to the bathroom, they will fold your napkin for you. The food matches the service! Amazing food! I would recommend making reservations, the day before, seeing it gets busy after 5:30. I don't write reviews, but one of the best places i have been in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Exquisite Food - bad incense smellDiningdivaVIPDined on 4/10/2014the food and service at Hakkasan are exquisite - I keep going back and bringing friends for these reasons. HOWEVER - the burn a nauseating incense that really ruins the atmosphere and badly affects the taste of the food. I complain every time. The tell me it is a corporate requirement. Tell your corporate people to stop this rule. If that is done, then Hakkasan is PERFECTION!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hakkasan is terrific on allOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2014Hakkasan is terrific on all accounts! The food is flavorful and beautifully presented. The Dim Sum sampler to start are delious morsels to get the meal started. If you like spicy order the spicy prawns - they are not overally hot but a great spice level - the prawns are delicate and sweet and stand up to the fabulous sauce. The cocktail menu always delights as well.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Great restaurant for a good time with friends! Love the vibe, music, and the food was excellent too!
- Cool venue, great (expensive) foodDPOPTDined on 4/3/20143rd visit to Hakkasan - its probably slightly overpriced but the decor, food and drinks are great quality and so guarantee a good time.Special Features:
- The great food compensatesDiningirlVIPDined on 4/3/2014The great food compensates for the loud , club like atmosphere and mediocre service . This is my second time at this location and I like it as much as the NYC location . The food is amazing , this time we had dim sum, Chilean sea bass , scallops , truffled duck, fried rice with shrimp . The bartender shook a mean martini too !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceSpokesDined on 4/2/2014The service was fantastic. Everyone was knowledgeable and they worked as a seamless team.Special Features:
- Hakkasan SF - a new favoritecjsfDined on 3/29/2014We picked Hakkasan to celebrate our 12th anniversary, and are so glad we did. The food was delicious - lovingly prepared and presented - and the staff was fantastic. Everyone we came in contact with was friendly and professional. The ambiance is great - chic and hip, but comfortable. Try the claypot chicken or the sweet/sour pomegranate pork - yum. We loved the place and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always lived up to my expectatioAnitaNVIPDined on 3/28/2014As always lived up to my expectations and I have allergies so I have to be very careful. Everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale AsianBenjaminDined on 3/24/2014Overall, a wonderful experience and great flavors! Only issue was $6.00 for a glass of iced tea...we asked for a refill and was charged an additional $6.00 per glass...REALLY? Water over a tea bag...$6.00? Bill ended up with $24.00 for iced tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014The food, ambiance , and service was outstanding. Will definitely be back for more. Will also recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group of four really appreciatepoochieDined on 3/22/2014Our group of four really appreciated the outstanding service. Our server who guided us through the menu was extremely helpful, polite, charming. Others who helped table-side were also timely, friendly, not obtrusive.Great menu with plenty of choices. Noise level was high, but the manager moved us to a quieter table without any trouble. Excellently prepared and well presented food. Pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchcoleDined on 3/22/2014My fiance and I came here for a Saturday lunch. The food and cocktails were superb as was the service. Best char siu bao I've ever had!!! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.