Hakkasan San Francisco
One Kearny Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/sanfrancisco/
- Phone: 4158298148x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Saturday 11:30am - 3pm
Monday 5:30pm - 10pm
Tuesday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11pm
Monday 11:30am - 11pm
Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Hakkasan San Francisco can accommodate private events from 12 to 250 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan San Francisco
Located in one of the most food-centric cities in the U.S., Hakkasan San Francisco has become a culinary destination for locals and tourists alike. Accessible yet sophisticated, Hakkasan has redefined the modern Chinese fine-dining experience. “Modern authenticity” is at the heart of everything from the design of its chic, sensuous interior to the execution of its Michelin-starred modern Cantonese menu, to an expansive wine and cocktail program, carefully curated by the talented Hakkasan mixologists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Hakkasan San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Hakkasan San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (107)vibrant bar scene (92)hot spot (85)good for groups (63)romantic (60)great for lunch (51)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (32)late-night find (24)great for brunch (17)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Best restaurant in SFflipfanDined on 7/31/2014Foodie heaven. Best dish is Crispy Duck Salad. Enjoyed the Har Gau and the pork belly.Special Features:
- Michelin Star for a reasonPKRaymondDined on 7/29/2014When your on a food tour in San Francisco and there is a world class restaurant near by, I have to be there. Hakkasan is the finest the city has to offer, the ambience and setting is trendy and designed perfectly, it's the freshness and presentation of the food and cocktails that really set it apart and justifies the premium prices. We started with four cocktails created by the bartender by just saying, "tequila" and "whiskey" and she took over. The results were delicious and presentation outstanding. We shared dumpling sampler, crispy duck, shrimp tempura balls, and another seared duck dish. All were delicious. It was a great culinary experience for the ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HakkasanweebeastieDined on 7/28/2014Overall, a very good experience. Pretty interior, but you walk in, and look directly into the kitchen (& not a good view of the kitchen). The duck salad was fabulous, but the fried scallion rice, tasted like rice a roni.
- DisappointingChicagoFoodieDined on 7/26/2014I have to say....I was so excited to go back to Hakkusan but was very disappointed on my second visit. The first time I dined here was NYE 2014. The food and service was excellent! Very sexy vibe and professional waite staff. I wouldn't recommend it now...The food and service was marginal at best...There are too many great restaurants in SF to settle for less than excellent.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Loud music makes it impossible to have a conversation. Food was ok but not stellarSpecial Features:
- Impressed with serviceSubdubDined on 7/23/2014I've been a few times but this time the service was impeccable. He removed a dish we did not like free of charge and also was very accoodating to our needs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Food is creative, well prepared, high quality ... just a little too salty for my taste. Other than that, every dish was presented well and tasted very good.Special Features:
- Great Asian foodWinoDined on 7/22/2014The food is always outstanding. They have unique drinks..you must try at least one of their specialty drinks. Service was great. All were friendly & conversational Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DickJDined on 7/22/2014First class experience in every respect. The steamed Dim Sum was definitely the highlight. Service was perfect from greeting to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanetDined on 7/19/2014The meal was the best! From the Dim Sum to the rib eye dish cooked to perfection. One of the best meals we have experienced in a long time. The wine list extensive and the Sommelier, Cassandra was very knowledgable. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Can't Miss for FoodiesSMoyerVIPDined on 7/17/2014Dim sum mix and crispy duck salad were great starters. Pork belly and sea bass entrees melt in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very fast service, delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Even though I was surprised about the high noise level (many people talking lively) initially, I quickly got used to it and enjoyed myself. The waitress was very friendly and competent and recommended good dishes. The wines are well thought out and we had a glass of Grenache with our dinner that fitted very well. Service was fast and attentive.Special Features:
- Excellent Drinks!!!MikeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food is okay... But service was great and the drinks are superb. It's not a busy Saturday as it used to be.... Hopefully it was just one of those nights where people were mostly away from San Francisco.Special Features:
- Exceptional Restaurant....SteveDined on 7/11/2014Having read the mixed reviews about Hakkasan I didn't know what to expect on my first visit. But having experienced the food, service and ambience on Friday evening I have to say I was blown away by the whole encounter. From the moment we arrive the staff were attentive and friendly, the food was exceptional, the cocktails were delicious and the atmosphere was vibrant, but not too noisy or overpowering......first class restaurant that we definitely be visiting again......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date night delightDanvilledaveDined on 7/9/2014Took my wife for a date night and have to say the menu and dishes were delicious. This is not a place you go looking for value priced food, it's a place you go for delicious, unique dishes that have lots of flavor and great for sharing. We had a bottle of Champaign, and 4 dishes for around $350 (the Champaign was $140 of that). The duck salad and dim sum sampler were amazing. We had the beef and cod which were equally wonderful. Easily could have had just 3 dishes for the two of us but we were hungry and eager to taste some of their signature dishes. The service was tops. Looks like they have great areas for larger groups including two private rooms. recommend for a date night or with a group. Good for cocktails and apps at the bar too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very High End AsianJosephVIPDined on 7/9/2014This was a great find. We previewed the menu on line and Hakkasan did not disappoint. From the hostess area At street level to when you leave, it is a top notch establishment. The Sea Bass in the clay pot was perhaps the best I have ever had. I travel globally and have tasted many versions of a steamed sea bass.Special Features:
- Kitchen needs helprollstonVIPDined on 7/7/2014I don't think I have written a bad review however this one is pretty hard not to. This restaurant is more like a Night Club with food Services. Unfortunately the Chinese Food served here are "GIMIKS" with much black truffles used to cheat the guests. The over priced roast duck was very watery and almost tasted as they were frozen before. Nice wine selections though. $20 per person soups are "Sorry" a joke.Special Features:
- Just OKBigDaddyDined on 7/7/2014Food and wine are pricey in a city where there is an abundance of qualtiy Asian restaurants.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Don't blink or you might miss the facade - it's in an office-style building on the corner of Market and Kearny. But there's no mistaking the gorgeous interior that's sure to impress anyone. And the bar is at the center of it, where they whip up some of the better tasting cocktails I've had in the city (and not the usual sugary sweet stuff that some similarly snazzy-looking restaurants foist onto you). Even the cocktails have fresh high-quality ingredients infused. It's the food, though, that really escalates the experience. It's great, and there are plenty of options for everyone, including the vegetarians and GF folks in your group. It's spectacular. Do it. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Can be good value if order wellOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2014The $5 dumplings we tried were incredible with lovely vegetable fillings and tasty sauces and a side vegetable dish was tasty. The $12 daikon sea bass roll had very little bass or interesting flavor and fell apart immediately. The $28 fried fish was fine but not worth the price. Suggest focusing on the less pricey dim sum items. For lunch it was quiet and soothing. The kitchen was willing to accommodate dietary restrictions in sauces, which impressed me. Those who have fragrance sensitivities will want to be prepared for the incense in the entrance. Tea is not included, which is a shame as it would complement the experience.
- Service was so-soModernCriticDined on 6/28/2014I don't know about you but when you dine at a Chinese restaurant and order tea, cups should be brought out for the entire table. For a high-end establishment attention to detail is a must. The tea itself was of poor quality. It came out lukewarm and after letting it steep it didn't look like much tea was added by the taste and look of it. Our waiter was okay. He wasn't able to articulate the menu and didn't add any value to the experience. When you spend after cocktails $300+ you expect a level of sophistication. The saving grace was the food. Elegant Chinese cuisine is how I would describe it. Everything I've had has been delicious. The cocktails are well made and easy on the eyes. But they are pricey! Hip, Trendy, Modern $$$$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Decadent!apm25Dined on 6/27/2014It has been awhile since dining at a full service restaurant and this place reminded me how rewarding hospitality is. Everyone's demeanor since we first walked inside the building has been nothing short of exemplary. The food compliments the service quite well! My girlfriend and I were there for our 2nd year anniversary and once the hosts at Hakkasan heard that, they congratulated us and also brought us a surprise dessert! Very memorable service.Special Features:
- Stunning space and delicious foodEaterSFVIPDined on 6/27/2014The "taste of Hakkasan" lunch special is exactly that...very special. Gourmet, upscale, artful, delicious, with perfect service. I was so impressed, I've already been back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Had a gentleman with a red beard super nice excellent service and genuine the food was outstanding we had the dim sum sea bass and the truffle duck absolutely unbelievably delicious we came in for my girlfriend Nicole's 25 th birthday and everything was perfect. Being in the restaurant industry I really appreciate the extra mile hakkasan went for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where did the service go?sftrixieDined on 6/24/2014We had an excellent first experience at Hakkasan a few months ago. The service was outstanding. Unfortunately, during this repeat visit, the experience was 180 degrees different. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Fabulous MealSDA1VIPDined on 6/24/2014Every bite of this meal was perfect. The cocktails are terrific and very creative. Kudos to the mixologist. The dishes were also creative and incredibly tasty. Loved the dim sum dumpling appetizer. Ambience is hip and energetic. Lovely experience and I loved the mango pudding dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but still expected moreEdb2Dined on 6/21/2014We ran 15 minutes late but they graciously seated us (on a super busy Saturday night). Food was very good but expected even better. Server not so informative or friendly. Hakka cocktail delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hakkasan - Top 5 in San FranciscoEcbatanaDined on 6/20/2014Made a point to visit the newer Hakkasan in San Francisco having first been to Abu Dhabi. Many other reviewers have rightly wondered how to justify paying such high prices in a city with a Chinese restaurant scene second only to Beijing or Shanghai with establishments offering exceptional food at a fraction of the price. The quality of the food at Hakkasan is equal to or better than the finest the city has to offer but it is the ambience and setting that really set it apart and justifies the premium prices. The vibe here is very sheik with excellent lounge music and loud conversation. Look elsewhere for intimate setting as your neighbors are seated very close and inevitably conversations will be overheard.Special Features:
- StevenStevenDined on 6/17/2014Excellent food and drinks. Nicely presented on the plates. Desserts were some of the best we ever had!! Very innovative and beautifully presented. We will definitely go to one when visiting another city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh what a night!YummyWCDined on 6/16/2014We met foodie friends from Seattle. They initially weren't that excited about 'Chinese', but we had a wonderful and surprising evening. Every dish was special but, I could have the duck salad every night. We had a great server and the someier was terrific. We'll go back often and soon. 'Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/15/2014Some dishes are excellent like the dim sum - however some others were not that good and it is very expensive to have only Ok foodSpecial Features:
- elegant and delicateFoodjunkieDined on 6/13/2014Very elegantly presented, great food, great for special occasions (it is pricey, we spent over $100 for two people). Each dish is small portion and creatively cooked with unique and authentic Chinese food ingredients. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- almost perfectMK70Dined on 6/12/2014great decor, fantastic food, friendly and knowledgeable staff .. only let down by the bill arriving before i had ordered coffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always perfectgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/12/2014Service is impeccable. Food is superb. Scene is happening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, overweening serviceGenevieveDined on 6/6/2014Hakkassan in SF is more creative, modern and eclectic in its food than in other cities - and it is excellent. Beware that you won't find many dishes that resemble classic fine Chinese cuisine. Even the nighttime dumplings are like nothing I've ever seen before (and I lived in Asia for 8 years). Nonetheless it is delicious and surprising, down to the deserts. My only complaint is that we had no less than 5 servers hovering around our table: I stopped drinking water because after each sip I found a tattooed arm hovering inches from my nose to refill it. One sip! I lost count of how many people were sticking arms across our shoulders and interrupting conversations. Make the service more subtle, and Hakkassan would be perfect.Special Features:
- KakhiDined on 6/6/2014Excellent service with water glasses filled just a little too frequently. Great for lunch with the set menu option a pleaser.Special Features:
- Incredible foodgolferinpinkDined on 6/5/2014Have been to Hakkasan once before in Las Vegas, and this Hakkasan did not disappoint. Each dish was incredible and especially loved the spicy prawns....almost licked the plate! Service was excellent until we needed the bill and then we seemed to be forgotten for a bit. The ambience is vibrant and fun. It is a place that is lively and energetic, so good for groups and nights with friends.Special Features:
- Good food, non-existent servicefsfguyDined on 6/5/2014After we had been seated for 50 min. the waiter apologized that our food hadn't arrived. An hour and 15 minutes after arrival, I asked a manager to check on our food, she said the kitchen was just slammed despite the fact there were only 3 tables left with people still seated. 10 minutes later our waiter said their was a mixup in the kitchen and our food would be arriving soon. After another 10 minutes, all dishes ordered arrived within 5 minutes of each other. In the more than hour and a half wait for our food, I asked 2 waiters, a busboy and a manager for water, it finally came more than 20 minutes after my last request. The food was hit and miss some dishes were great, like the Pipa Duck, some were just ok like the French Green Beans
- Noise Levels Improved!JosephDined on 6/4/2014I have always found this place too noisy, but I went there for a business lunch this week and they had the music turned down to a nice background level so we could actually do business!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Overall atmosphere was great but the Service was not great. The waiter was coming and asking if it's ok every 15mins. It was disturbing. they brought the check as soon as we finished the meal. I feel I was getting kicked out of the restaurant. It was very noisy too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.