Crossroads at House Of Blues - Orlando
1490 East Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House Of Blues - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/orlando/
- Phone: 4079342583
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Two Seating: 10:30am, 1:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ed Whittaker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: House of Blues showcases the diversity of live music by presenting nearly every genre of music on the main stage. Crossroads at House of Blues features Orlando"s latest and greatest blues artists every night on the front porch and every Friday & Saturday night in the Restaurant from 10:30pm to Close.
A word from Crossroads at House Of Blues - Orlando
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It"s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Crossroads at House Of Blues - Orlando - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Crossroads at House Of Blues - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (52)kid-friendly (36)great for lunch (35)vibrant bar scene (32)hot spot (32)late-night find (30)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (10)scenic view (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Nice place on the water withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/4/2013Nice place on the water with good food and service.Special Features:
- Must've been the wrong night....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/3/2013I guess I must have built up the idea of the House of Blues in my head as a non-stop fun-time venue...especially the Downtown Disney location. It was indeed not. The food was blah. The server was the only saving grace for the evening; he was very pleasant and professional from the start. I was really disappointed in my experience. This restaurant will definitely go on the list of, "been there, no need to do it again" spots.Special Features:
- Just wish there was live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Just wish there was live music in the resturant... or that you could even hear the music playing in the background.
- I have been waiting 2 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013I have been waiting 2 years to go to House of Blues for dinner. We have made several trips to Orlando and never made it to the restuarant so I was excited to have dinner there. I was disappointed with the food. I couldnt understand how this restaurant associated with BB KING could have such average food. Then I noted that it seems that the restaurant had been bought out by Crossroads. So that explaints it. Food is very average. I ordered ribs and the baked beans were awful. My husband nor myself could eat them. The meat on the ribs was tough and wasnt even close to falling of the bone. The cole slaw was ok, not the best nor the worst I ever had....average. The french fries were good! The salad needed something more than lettuce and feta che
- Far more than you'd expectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Far more than you'd expect from a "theme" restaurant. Snappy service, engaging visuals, super-quick food delivery, and all the excellent music you'd expect from a place called "The House of Blues." Try the bacon-wrapped meatloaf. Wow.Special Features:
- Good food and good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Good food and good service, reservations are the only way to go, was able to by pass the line and got right in.Special Features:
- Went for dinner before theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Went for dinner before the Big Head Todd and the Monsters concert. Nice atmosphere, food was fair. Nice being able to get to the front of the line at the show.Special Features:
- Been there before. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013Been there before. Great food at a resonable price. Great deserts.Special Features:
- Live music was playing outside,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2013Live music was playing outside, but it was too old to be outside. The music should have been moved inside where it could have been appreciated by the diners. Inside was just another mediocre restaurant with no music.Special Features:
- food was average to good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/14/2013food was average to good and portions were HUGE - very generous. I expected a little bit better in terms of overall flavor and temperature of the food, but it was certainly good.Special Features:
- Not for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2013Unfortunately, we were not terribly impressed. We made a reservation to celebrate our anniversary. Had hoped for a quieter, more musical(blues?) background type atmosphere. What music was playing couldn't be heard over the noise in the restaurant. We were surprised at the number of children in the facility. The menu leaned towards very spicy selections - not many choices for those who prefer a "blander" dish. We felt prices were very high for what we ordered, but I guess that is to be expected for a Disney venue. The one plus? They had our reservation and we were seated within five minutes. We did, however, feel very rushed through dinner, as though "turning tables" was the primary focus.
- We dined here for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013We dined here for the first time Jan 10 and returned on Jan 11. Had the same server both nights who was excellent. Food was very good but the service was outstanding. Wish there was a House of Blues in Austin, Texas.
- The experience was okay, I'dEdiPDined on 1/6/2013The experience was okay, I'd go back again, but would ask not to be seated by the kitchen door or a wait station. The door slammed everytime someone walked through it and we found being by a wait station was very distracting. Once our server came over, he was awesome, but from the time we sat down until he came over had to be a good 20 minutes. The food was delicious, served hot, and in a timely manner. The Bread Pudding rocked!Special Features:
- Great new menu items! MyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Great new menu items! My husband really enjoyed the street tacos. Overall a great time.
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013The food was very good. The service was great. The prices were acceptable not over priced. Great experience. Wish there was a location close to us in TX.Special Features:
- New Latin inspired menu improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2013The new Aaron Sanchez menu items were delicious and brightened up what was getting to be a tired menu.
- Beware false advertisingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012It was vastly disappointing. My husband and I were expecting a restaurant with some music maybe lending a bluesy elegance and perhaps some original memorabilia on the walls but what we found instead was a tourist trap with the unavoidable gift shop. The ribs were good but not memorable. The menu did not offer a lot of variety. TGIFriday's has better ribs for a fraction of the cost. Drinks were overpriced. Our server was friendly and attentive but that did not make up for the rest. The owners spent all of their effort on the look of the outside and nothing was left for the substance of the place. It wouldn't hurt to have some music playing or even have a guy with a guitar in the corner. Even my local neighborhood bar doe
- we went for dinner on oneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2012we went for dinner on one of the most crowded days of the year (12/30). Everything was great - service and food. Lobby was extremely crowded, but we waited only a few minutes before being seated.Special Features:
- House of Blues serves a variedAubbieVIPDined on 12/29/2012House of Blues serves a varied menu at a reasonable cost. We eat there when at downtown Disney. It is always crowded and loud. It is good food served quickly. If you want to linger and have conversations this is not the place to go.Special Features:
- Nothing like it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012This was our first visit since the menu change. The food was mostly unremarkable. The meatloaf had no seasoning, a little bacon, and was covered in what tasted like spaghetti sauce. The burgers were dry. The Ahi Tuna salad featured tasteless tuna. The shrimp and grits was average. Everyone liked the cornbread and Voodoo Shrimp, and the Bloody Mary was good, so the evening was not a complete loss. Stay away from the drink special with a “souvenir” mason jar … 14.99 and the mason jar has no markings indicating it came from the HOB. In the past we had always enjoyed our meals but the new menu does not make us want to return.
- Server forgot a soup and saladOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/21/2012Server forgot a soup and salad for one of the guests. Otherwise it was good.Special Features:
- Wish it was better...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012I was not impressed with the food quality or the service. We waited for 30 minutes just for water. Our meals were overcooked and very greasy. We have been to HoB many times before but as of lately it has decreased in quality of service and food. If you would just like a drink and appetizers I would suggest but if you are hungry after parks or going to a movie..there are better places in the Disney Downtown area.Special Features:
- Always wanted to eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Always wanted to eat here during our Disney visits and we finally did. Our party enjoyed the food and had reservations so our seating was prompt and service was great and server attentive. Will visit again for the jambalaya.Special Features:
- House Of Blues But No MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Service was very good . Food was OK but nothing special . Disappointed that there was no band on in dining area which made the venue just another eating place . Blues music , preferably live , was what I wanted out of "the House of Blues ".Special Features:
- The House of Blues speaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012The House of Blues speaks for itself. It is a fun atmosphere, with really talented bands & singers there to entertain you. This HOB is in the heart of downtown Disney so it is in a great spot! However, the food was fair/average. I was disappointed because I remember it being outstanding and unique about 5 years ago. There was three of us at our table. One of us got a burger, the other got mac and cheese. I ordered the fish of the day - swordfish. I will say that my swordfish was a great piece of fish, and was grilled nicely. However, there was no WOW factor. The mac & cheese was not cheesy at all, and a bit disappointing. Also, when we ordered the burger, we weren't asked how we wanted it cooked. So when it came out it was a bit overcooked.Special Features:
- House of blues OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2012We were disappointed in the cornbread as it was very memorable when we had it at the NOLA location. The recipe had changed. We didn't like the added cheese and it wasn't cooked completely and was gooey. The pulled pork sandwich was excellent. Our server was excellent. Very friendly, prompt, and attentive. We enjoyed the ambiance and would go again.Special Features:
- Dinner definately had me blueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012The manager on duty was great, however the waitress had almost no personality and acted like she didn't want to be there. The food was decent, but not worth what they were charging. No beer on tap and over $6 for a bottled beer was ridiculous. I won't be going back!
- The new menu with "celebrity"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012The new menu with "celebrity" selections seems nowhere close to bluesy nor southern. Only the jambalaya and po-boys remain decent from the previous menu. Also, for a Blues sopt, the background "muzak" tunes were barely audible pop music, not even remotely blues.
- The service was lovely andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012The service was lovely and the food was wonderful. I can't recommend this enough!Special Features:
- Showed up 20 minutes lateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Showed up 20 minutes late for reservation (at 5:30), and they didn't pick up when we were calling to report the tardiness. When we showed up, they said it was not an issue at all, and seated us very quickly. We were late for our concert, and the food came quickly, and the service was great. We didn't know we needed to have a 20 dollar receipt to pass the line, but when we came back, they took care of it no issue. Used to have problems with this restaurant and the "rules" before, but this time was very pleasant and a great experience.
- Ask for a reservation at 12:15OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/30/2012Ask for a reservation at 12:15 pm and was told by Crossroads that I could not have one until 1 pm. I arrived at 12:15 and there was plenty of room and without mentioning the reservat ion I and my party were seated immediately just where I wanted to be. So what's the deal on not being able to seat me until the 1 pm. I told the gentleman later that I had a 1pm reservation for 3 and he thanked me and crossed it off.
- Great sandwichesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012the menu is limited. phillys, french dip, steaks, burgers, etc..small menu..we got the french dip I had to send my back because the onions were too too spicey for me. So I ordered it without onion and it was good. my friend ordered the shrimp and grits he said "ehh, its okay" our "dips" were good and we liked the cole slaw and fries. my choc chz cake was so rich and good. the key lime pie that my friends had wasnt so good..our service was excellent! great drinks..we missed the entertainment :(Special Features:
- Mid-afternoon Group of 12OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2012We had a group of 12 people in the mid-afternoon and were able to be seated within 20 minutes. They opened up the back room and we were all able to sit together. The server did a great job of getting orders, keep glasses full and getting desert orders without being intrusive. The food was excellent and overall price was very reasonable. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not a good experienceMichael631VIPDined on 10/18/2012Service killed the experience. The menu is varied and there is something for everyone, but the staff is not well trained and they are completely overwhelmed.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2012Nothing special. We were placed in a back room, which while may have been quieter, felt far removed from the main pulse of the restaurant. This ended up feeling like a typical Disney property restaurant...crowded, noisy, pushing the souvenir drinks, move em in and out. The cornbread was nothing special, although the shrimp tacos and ribs were very tasty. Overall, I would have rather gone elsewhere.Special Features:
- Was first time to House ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012Was first time to House of Blues. Food was ok. Best was the cornbread appetizer. Not that impressed with service, or food, or venue. I had higher hopes for this restaurant, not sure why. I guess i could have not eaten here at all and died happy. Also annoying is tables that tip back and forth - hate that. There are tons of great restaurants at Downtown Disney, or near, or even in Orlando. Don't bother with House of Blues unless you are going to see a concert.
- Great new menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/15/2012Great new menu, and overall a lot of fun! We're really glad we tried it, and we will definately be back.Special Features:
- Having been my first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2012Having been my first time at the House of Blues (the restaurant & venue) I had high expectations because of sheer reputation & performance value attributed to the name. Walking up to the restaurant I easily became more excited about dinner than the show because of the amazing bbq smells, but the food lacked in quantity & quality. After leaving I felt as though I overpaid & got the same quality of food I could have received at a fast food hamburger joint (which was fair but nothing out of the ordinary). The venue however was great, and because of the great performance I left happy. I do not plan on returning to the restaurant however.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our meal. I followOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012We enjoyed our meal. I follow a gluten free diet and the ribs were GREAT!Special Features:
- It was very pleasant. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012It was very pleasant. The food was great although they could have given more french fries.(I ordered a burger)Special Features: