1682 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6174412800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Pagliarini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Giulia Restaurant
Giulia is a chef-owned Italian restaurant located between Harvard and Porter Squares in Cambridge. This is the first restaurant of award-winning Chef Michael Pagliarini. Our focus is on inspired food and great service with true Italian vigor. We put a particular focus on our hand-crafted pastas, made each day on our custom-built chef"s table adjacent to the open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Giulia Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Giulia Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (136)neighborhood gem (110)special occasion (92)romantic (53)notable wine list (42)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (11)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Perfect steakHungryPandaDined on 7/12/2014Dinner for 4 at 10 PM. We had snacked before showing up but we couldn't stop eating! All four dishes were amazing but the steak was the definite winner. Perfect medium-rare and the salsa verde with a grilled lemon made this one of the most amazing steaks I've ever tried. Our server Justine was stellar. He had great recommendations and tolerated our bad jokes. I can't wait to go back and try the tasting menu! Cheers Giulia!Special Features:
- jastaDined on 7/9/2014great service, food preparation was carefully done and the presentation appealed to the eye; the semolina cakes are a must for everyone to try as is the fusili with asparagus; the day boat scallops was a winning dish, both light and having depth with great flavor; the bass was too strong-flavored (read fishy) for me; alas, too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy food, atmosphere and staffDinerLDCHDined on 7/7/2014We had a delicious and memorable dinner here. The staff are lovely and helpful and accommodating of our infant son, who we brought with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestAwesomeVIPDined on 7/2/2014This place is absolutely amazing. I've now been here 4 times, and have ordered a different pasta (pappardelle, bucatini, casarecce, and orecchiette) each time. All outstanding. This restaurant is a must try.Special Features:
- ConcordFoodieVIPDined on 7/2/2014I love everything about this place! The hostess is amazing, the service is flawless, great drinks and even better food. If I lived closer I would cozy up to the bar once a week for a bowl of pasta. If you love Italian food (I'm not talking chicken parm here) then hurry to Giulia and discover this Cambridge gem. Don't skip the semolina cakes with crisp prosciutto or the duck heart spiedini. I had an eggplant ravioli that I dream about but the menu now has a veal and sweet bread ravioli on it. Needless to say, I will be making a reservation to get try that dish STAT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GiuliaGiuliaDined on 7/1/2014Really good food…a very welcoming atmosphere…great wine…a nice Cambridgey feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/28/2014Everything was perfect from antipasti to dessert. The service was terrific and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- A wonderful stroll down Via Giuliacmb3497Dined on 6/28/2014I came here recently with my girlfriend for our anniversary, and we were absolutely blown away by our experience. The menu was a bit overwhelming, but our server did an excellent job of explaining everything, giving us recommendations, and taking care not to be overbearing and pushy. We opted for the chef's tasting menu, colorfully titled 'Via Giulia", and could not have been happier. Our waiter asked us if we had any food allergies or aversions (luckily we did not) and if we were "adventurous eaters", and with those parameters in place we were on our way to one of the best meals we have ever eaten. I won't go into what we were served (the surprise is the best part!), but it was incredible. Highly recommend Giulia, five well-deserved stars.Special Features:
- We'll be backConstantCravingDined on 6/25/2014The food was excellent, the wine list was extensive, the staff was welcoming and attentive, and the ambiance was cozy and vibrant. We will certainly return to Guilia's. After looking at the wine list I wasn't sure what wine to choose, so our waitress brought me a mini tasting glass full of one she recommended, and it was just right. My husband and I both ordered pasta dishes, and mine was perfectly cooked and mixed with asparagus and spring onions. I started with a wilted greens and sweet apple concoction, which was excellent. We shared a seasonal dessert with rhubarb sorbet, fresh strawberries and a cornmeal/olive oil cake. As our waitress said, "it's summer in a bowl." A GREAT way to start off our summer.Special Features:
- Highest ranking!EmteeareVIPDined on 6/24/2014Giulia is clearly one of the top five restaurants in Greater Boston, and would rank equally superior in Manhattan. Exceptionally fine cuisine, beautifully prepared, plated and served, all with no attitude. Not to be missed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous chef & front staff!neighborDined on 6/24/2014The more praise, the harder to get a reservation! love being able to find a table at the last moment!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Cambridge/BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2014The food is outstanding. I have dined there four times and each has represented some of the best meals I've had in this city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPeonyDined on 6/16/2014Every morsel was exquisite from the bread and olive oil to the warm, perfect crostiini, and the delectable entrees (we had the chitarra and spanish mackerel and the halibut on mushroom risotto with fresh peas). Happy to savor the flavors and experience of dinner over our last sips of wine, we weren't interested in dessert, but in the end indulged in coffee and cherry almond biscotti. Again, we were fainting with happiness. I have never tasted biscotti like this - somehow chewy and crispy at the same time with the most delicate flavor, a dusting of powdered sugar I think, bursts of cherry, and a mint leaf garnish. I'll just say something really stupid: "Oh my god." If I could eat out only once a year I'd choose this restaurant every year.Special Features:
- ItalofiloDined on 6/12/2014Good-quality food, but limited menu. Couldn't figure out if this is meant to be an authentic Roman restaurant, because it doesn't quite fit what I encountered during a two-year stay in Rome. Good wine. Excellent service. I think I need to give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014It took a while to get a reservation, and mostly I am spur of the moment, but knew I would be in the area this night, in advance and made an early reservation. from first step in the door, I loved it. great atmosphere. the staff was fantastic, memorable, the food was the best I've had in a long time! I am a vegetarian too and the accommodations were perfect. I would go often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I just don't get itMarieVIPDined on 6/6/2014The food and service were fine, but I am amazed by the buzz around this place. The food was fine, not exceptional. The menu was very limited anyway (with almost nothing for the non-meat eater. Yes, they will remove the meat from anything but that's not the same, especially at these prices.) and they were out of what I wanted to order. The ambiance is not bad, it's just a Cambridge storefront. It's the kind of neighborhood place I'd drop into if I lived nearby and it was relatively easy to get into. But there was nothing here to again entice me to wait two months for a 5:30 weeknight reservation, battle rush hour traffic, and deal with the parking nightmare.
- Wonderful!Gramps09VIPDined on 6/5/2014Giulia has rapidly moved into our handful of favorite restaurants. Delicious dishes, artfully conceived and expertly executed. Friendly, attentive service. Very popular, so make reservations well in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/2/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Giulia's as always. The food was very good. We always go for the fresh pasta (since it it prepared by the chef at the restaurant). Having been now 1/2 dozen times I'd like to see a change in the menu since it is small and somewhat limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!GretchDined on 5/31/2014What a great evening. We knew the restaurant had great ratings, but after having experienced things from each course of the menu...we were in awe. The presentation coupled with the flavors were really outstanding. The kitchen is exposed in the back of the restaurant and it's impressive to notice how streamlined and rhythmic the team works together. The service is top notch as well. Can't wait to go back there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/31/2014We did the chefs tasting menu and we were not disappointed! It was amazing! Portions were generous and quality was amazing.Special Features:
- garbidDined on 5/28/2014Terrific greeter; friendly and helpful server; warm ambience; inspired and creative menu; appetizers too small for sharing and main courses are a bit skimpy so order accordingly.Special Features:
- The following 275 reviews are from the Giulia Restaurant reviews archive.
- My New Most Favorite RestaurantGiuladinnerDined on 5/20/2014Wow what a great meal. The small plates (sfizzi) and salumi antipasta were fresh and flavorful. The fish dishes they serve at Giulia rival the best seafood restaurants in Boston. The homemade pasta dishes, especially the pappardelle with wild boar, are outstanding. Add in great desserts, excellent service, a nice wine list, and you have the best neighborhood bistro in Cambridge and one of the premier Italian restaurants in Greater Boston. No wonder it's hard to get a reservation...Special Features:
- Best pasta in Boston areaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/19/2014My wife and I came in with our newborn and the restaurant was very accommodating, which was great since it was our first time out with him. While he was sleeping, we enjoyed an incredible feast of satiny chicken liver crostini, sweet and meaty duck heart spiedini and exquisite, every-bite-makes-you-smile pastas. Needless to say, we'll be back!Special Features:
- One of the best!MCoppDined on 5/10/2014Great from beginning to end! Arancini and pappardelle with boar were just two of the many wonderful dishes that taste just like they they do in Italy. We'll be back; only down side is it's so tough to get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what an experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2014If you enjoy great food and great service this is the place to go. Exciting combinations of food groups and excellent descriptions by wait staff.Special Features:
- Always pleasesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/6/2014Every visit to Giulia is a pleasure. The food is outstanding, as is the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerNikkiDDined on 5/5/2014My husband and I went to Giulia for our one year wedding anniversary. To our surprise, the staff worked with my mother and sister to make our dinner extra special. The food was amazing, the staff was awesome, and we'll definitely be coming back! After plotting with my mom so she could cover our bill, they sent her a beautiful thank you note. Customer service, attention to detail, and delicious food were all top notch! Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite neighborhood spotWauzoVIPDined on 5/5/2014The food is fabulous, the staff wonderful and the wines excellent. Highly recommend this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateVIPDined on 5/2/2014One of the best restaurants in the city, and anywhere else for that matter. THe best restaurants are those who don't just provide great food, but also a wonderful experience. Giulia does that. The staff at the restaurant is so accommodating, friendly and genuinely nice. The food, excellent.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014The service and food was wonderful -- my friend and I went as a sort of reconnaissance mission to see if that's where she wanted to take her husband for his birthday. We were both really impressed by both the food and the staff's friendliness and attention and would be happy to go again. (I believe my friend is planning to take her husband there for his birthday, too.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a fun evening out!michel315Dined on 5/1/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant. I went out for a good friend's birthday celebration and this place was great from the start. The wait staff was very attentive and the home made pasta was amazing. The added cache the staff was on top of it to bring out a dessert with a candle to make the whole evening quite magical. I can't wait until my return visit to Giulia!Special Features:
- Giulia has got it!bermudaonionVIPDined on 4/30/2014Great food; great waitress (sorry, forget her name); lovely hostess - so warm and acommodating, going the extra mile. The whole feeling was warm and inviting and exactly what a great restaurant should be.Special Features:
- Awesome!OverpricedVIPDined on 4/28/2014One of the best experiences I've had in a while. Food, drinks, service, ambiance... everything perfect!Special Features:
- Love this place!!!xxxxVIPDined on 4/26/2014This is our go-to place for special occasions. The food is always excellent and the staff attentive. It cannot be beat.Special Features:
- Lived up to the hype!foodieluv70Dined on 4/18/2014I was initially unsure if Giulia would live up to the enormous hype and buzz around it. I mean really, I had to make reservations 2 months in advance for a Friday night party of 4? But I have to tell you, it DOES live up to the hype. The servers were all very young, but thankfully very professional and attentive, but never invasive. My friend and I had the "dolce vita" for a cocktail, it was actually one of the best cocktails I have ever had. You could smell the fresh lemon juice and taste the raw honey in it. It was just lovely. We "ooh-ed and aah-ed" throughout the meal. The food was amazing, but be warned the portions are not large- at all. Other than never being able to get in, I can't wait to go back again. Definitely worth the wait.Special Features:
- great Cambridge findHuffVIPDined on 4/17/2014Really friendly service. Low key place with delicious food. What could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the food offeringsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/14/2014We loved the food offerings here. Everything was fresh with the natural flavors not masked by over seasoning. We loved the neighborhood feel of the place. From the excellent bread that first came to the table right up to the dessert, the food was excellent. Their homemade pasta was superb. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Comforting all the way aroundtacogirlDined on 4/11/2014Nice, warm atmosphere with very good Italian bistro food, Pastas are there specialties but appetizers were wonderful too.Special Features:
- Memorable dining experience!LocalDinerDined on 4/11/2014Beyond AWESOME!!!! I am still experiencing a level of gastro-bliss post our Giulia dinner almost a week ago! Starting with their simple crostini, we steadily worked our way through a farfalle dish with ground walnuts and gorgonzola, monkfish with capers and polenta.. .and ended with a hazelnut gelato with espresso . Every dish was purr...fect. Can't wait to go back again to this fantastic restaurant. The only downside was the time it took to find parking on a Friday night! So give yourself plenty of time (at least 15-20 mins) to snag that elusive spot on Mass avenue. The wait staff was very warm and friendly.Special Features:
- another great dinnerJudmartVIPDined on 4/11/2014Have been lucky enough to have dined at Giulia's a few times, never disappointed. Love that they change up the menu once in a while, although would go and have all the same again happily!! Hardest part is deciding which wonderful pasta and dessert to order, they are all great. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Just a pleasure to eat there! Thank you and continued success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.