Oriental Wok - Cincinnati
2444 Madison Road
Cincinnati, OH 45208Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Oriental Wok - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.orientalwok.com/
- Phone: 5138716888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Guy Burgess
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A fantastic dinner party your guests will savor. Oriental Wok full service catering serves unique Asian cuisine.
A word from Oriental Wok - Cincinnati
Since 1977, The Wong family has been the city's favorite dining choice for Chinese cuisine. Visit Oriental Wok and discover a delicious dining experience. Elegant upscale dining room is perfect for entertaining visitors and indulging friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Oriental Wok - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Oriental Wok - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (6)romantic (6)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent Dining ExperienceGarryJDined on 7/20/2013This was our first time dining at The Oriental Wok and our only regret is that we hadn't discovered it sooner. We had a great meal, wonderful friendly service, in a very comfortable, relaxing space. The service was excellent, attentive but not rushed, courteous and friendly. The cuisine is traditional "American" Chinese, well prepared and presented. The Calamari appetizer was tender with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce. The best I've had in Cincinnati. Our two entrees were equally as good and the servings are generous. The restaurant is located off the lobby of the Regency Apartments at the corner of Dana and Madison Rds. Easy to access location if you know it's there. Really, give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great Chinese Food!lovegreatfoodVIPDined on 7/14/2013I don't know why we had never tried this place before. The traditional Chinese Food was really great - the best we have had in Cincinnati! It was very quiet on a Sunday night - I would like to see a few more people there enjoying this food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- bland foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2013two of my dinner companions had food they described as very bland. one was a shrimp dish with tofu which tasted like frozen salad shrimp and the won ton soup which had to be sent back because broth tasted like water. the cheese and shrimp egg roll was very tasty and my hot and sour soup was good. otherwise not real impressive.Special Features:
- Tofu was questionableYayaDined on 5/31/2013my order was shrimp and tofu--In the past, my tofu has been stir- fried and a little crisp on the outside--this tofu was like jelly and I did not care for it--I sent it back but it was still jelly. I think they need to stir fry the tofu.
- All 4 of kus thoroughly enjoyedOzzieDined on 5/12/2013All 4 of kus thoroughly enjoyed our dinners on Mother's Day. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent combination of traditionaRRC1Dined on 5/3/2013Excellent combination of traditional Chinese dishes and Americanized Chinese dishes. Very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oriental WokOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Went to Oriental Wok to celebrate a birthday. This was our first time there. The service was great and the people there were so friendly. Also, I really appreciated the fact that our waiter was up front and honest about the gratuity already being put into the total. There have been many restaurants that do that and I don't ever notice and end up giving a gigantic tip for service that wasn't good at all.
- review cinciDavidBDined on 4/20/2013we had a wonderful experience and the food was excellent. Our weighter was top notch and a pleasure.Special Features:
- Very good food with an excellentTrains1VIPDined on 4/9/2013Very good food with an excellent sauce. I'm a sauce fan and the sauce with the scallop special was fantastic. Our group of six regularly visits the Oriental Wok and we always enjoy it.Special Features:
- Superb restaurant... greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Superb restaurant... great service and great food!Special Features:
- We had a group of 10 & wereblanchesarongVIPDined on 3/16/2013We had a group of 10 & were seated at a round table with a lazy susan in the middle, which made it easy to share dishes. The service was great & the server took our orders as soon as were were ready to order. The food, as always, was tasty & delicious. We will definitely choose this restaurant again in the future.Special Features:
- excellent experieNcE!NiceDined on 3/16/2013We had a group of 10. Greeted well as always. ManagemeNt, food and ambience could not have been better. Very impressed and will go back again even with 2 of us or even a larger group.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening here. The food was prepared perfectly, and was full of flavor -- no need for some other-Oriental-restaurants' mainstay of salt and soy sauce. The service was also first class, from David's table attention, to Susanna's visit to make sure things were fine. We also greatly appreciated the relaxed atmosphere -- we had plenty of time to enjoy our meal and the evening together, with no sense of being rushed out to make room for more diners. That's not to say the restaurant was wanting for customers -- the dining room was full, and everyone seemed to be enjoying their time as much as we were. This place is a class act. I have no doubt we'll be back.
- Not only great Chinese food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Not only great Chinese food, but an outstanding selection of beers to accompany the food. If you have a specific style in mind, they can probably offer you an excellent example. With advance notice, they can handle any special occasion and do it well.Special Features:
- Delicious!amonDined on 3/9/2013We have lived near Oriental Wok since it opened, and this was our first time there. Wow- have we been missing out! What a great meal. There is an over-abundance of Asian food restaurants in Hyde Park, but this is a high quality alternative to the dime a dozen Thai restaurants. Service was really slow on this night- it seemed like they may have been short staffed, but the hostess and bartender were both super friendly and helpful.