M Wood Fired Oven
3514 Erie Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45208Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
M Wood Fired Oven
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.m-woodfiredoven.com/
- Phone: 5133867783x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 7 Days
Sunday through Thursday 5 to 11, Friday and Saturday 5 to 12
Sunday Brunch 10:30 to 2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Patrick Bowling
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from M Wood Fired Oven
Wood fired pizzas and wood roasted meats, pastas, creamy vegetable gratins, wines from around the world and a unique craft beer list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
M Wood Fired Oven - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
M Wood Fired Oven reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (33)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (14)romantic (14)notable wine list (13)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)special occasion (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)Show More
- Pizza was greatNaplesannVIPDined on 12/9/2013We really enjoyed our pizzas and my husband like his vegetable soup which was spicy. The caesar salad was disappointing. No anchovies and the dressing was bland. The service was average. My husband asked for crackers for his soup twice and never got any. They do not have soup crackers only sesame ones. Croutons on sesame crackers would have been fine but they never came. The house chardonnay was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza, weird layout.KRKRDined on 11/30/2013First off, I enjoyed my pizza. However, the restaurant was laid out in such a weird way that I felt uncomfortable. First off, no real entrance. People just bunched up at the door (and it was a cold night), even though there were tables right there too - I couldn't even go out the door at the end of the night without accidentally bumping up against a person who was enjoying his meal. Second of all, our table (a two-top - it looks better for larger groups) was just in the middle of a high-traffic area, so there were people standing right next to us, behind us, and so on. Our server was great. Pizza good. Wish they'd describe the bruschetta on menu - mangoes, goat cheese, and almonds? That's not bruschetta, but if it is, say so on the menu!
- Nice evening with husbandAnnmarieDined on 11/22/2013My husband and I came here for dinner based on a co-worker's recommendation. We would come back and recommend it to others. The Fig & Pig pizza was delicious. The gratin offerings were unique but the cauliflower gratin could have been cooked more (veggies too crunchy). I would not order the crème brule again, too much burnt sugar on top and the crème was like runny soup and lacked a true custard taste. Ambiance is great, especially when it is cold, with all the flames visible. I'm sure outdoor dining would be fun but I'll have to come back in the summer to find out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfortableCincydiner4Dined on 11/16/2013Great atmosphere, exceptional wood fired pizzas with a wide range of toppings, great selection of craft beers; all in a comfortably chic environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!Kinge1Dined on 11/15/2013Completely enjoyed our night at M. The food was a great combination of classic Italian and modern twists. Amber was a fantastic bartender and server and made our first visit memorable. We will definitely be back- we want to try everything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome family night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2013My family of 4 with a teenage daughter and 9 yo son loved our dinner at M. Great tasting food and super nice server added to an overall awesome experience. Loved it and will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any dinner!NBNBDined on 11/3/2013Love this casual feeling restaurant with fanastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mac&Cheese!JwilsDined on 11/1/2013We started with a "small plate" as an appetizer because we had been told to try the mac & cheese and it didn't disappoint. The Mac & Cheese blew any other mac and cheese I have had out of the water. It was creamy and the braised short rib meat with parmesan piled high on top was mouth watering! For our main course we each got our own pizza which was more than enough for one person. The atmosphere and service was great. I loved the warm feeling that I got from the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Price ValueLaTraviataVIPDined on 10/26/2013Fresh ingredients prepared in tasty and creative ways at very good prices. Not a fancy setting and a bit noisy, but a warm and inviting "comfort food" environment.Special Features:
- The food was amazing - I highlyYummyDined on 10/21/2013The food was amazing - I highly recommend the truffle oil mac and cheese...best thing I've ever eaten. The food is quite rich, but so flavorful. Stop in there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKDinnerVIPDined on 10/19/2013The place is attractive and fun but the menu is limited as it's mostly pizza. My wife had a Margarita pizza which was under cooked and just ok. I had plank Salmon and it was very good. I think the food at A Tavola downtown is much better.Special Features:
- First VisitajcldcDined on 10/18/2013My wife and I visited M for the first time and enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PizzaJoyNCinciDined on 10/16/2013My friends and I discovered M at Taste of Cincinnati and we just love it. What a great and genius way to put pizza toppings together. I love the Balsamic, fig, bacon pizza! Its amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza salads and mussels outstandinEclecticdiner1VIPDined on 9/28/2013Pizza salads and mussels outstanding ...worth another visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our experience (as usual) butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2013Our pizza could have used more cheese. It was the fig arugula and it came out a bit dry. Needed a bit more flavor to balance the fig and we didn't have much cheese to help. Other than that suggestion- we love the restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious, Creative, and Memorable!MirceaDined on 9/20/2013We split an order of the truffled mac 'n' cheese to start (heavenly, with braised short rib on top and some sort of crunchy ness mixed throughout, pecorino maybe? It was amazing!) and we rounded out the meal with a delicious house salad (the combination of the vinaigrette and the goat cheese made this salad delectable) and a pesto pizza! The pizza was a real treat, savory pesto, chunks of melted cheese, and pine nuts on a mouth-watering crust. The pizza was definitely big enough to split with another person. The service was excellent! Friendly, attentive, clearly passionate about the menu and as an added bonus was able to recommend a bottle of wine that my guest and I enjoyed profusely! I really enjoyed myself at M.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and Beyond...PenelopeVIPDined on 9/18/2013We dined on a weeknight and were suprised how busy it was. The decor is beautiful and very inviting. The menu was very diverse but we stuck with what they are known for and that was the truffle fries and pizzas. Food was just delicious and our server (Micah) was awesome. We really felt like the staff at M went above and beyond to make our night enjoyable. We will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Gem!BethisdancingDined on 9/16/2013I came here with my fiance and friend. We all had different meals and then shared the mussels. Each of us raved about our meals. My fiance tried the Truffle Mac and Cheese. It was creamy and wonderful. The sauce for the mussels was exquisite. Our server was very knowledgeable about both the beer/wine list and the food and we loved the decor in the place. I would definitely recommend this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzzaJulzDined on 9/14/2013The pizza is different and we were a little afraid to try it the way it came but we were feeling adventurous. We did and it was great! We got the #4 (I think) with apple bits on it and it was delicious! Great prices too! We will definitely be return guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't live up to the hype...msh75Dined on 9/14/2013i did love the atmosphere, but otherwise, was disappointed. you can call a pizza wood-fired, gourmet, whatever, but this was still just pizza, and not nearly as good as some other local establishments. our bill seemed WAY to high for the experience, probably due to getting killed on drinks. service was slow, but friendly. cauliflower small-plate was the only redeeming dish--it was fantastic. but in the end, i wouldn't go back.
- M.....aybe not....BrianDined on 9/14/2013The menu has great selection with interesting flair. We had house salad (dry) & lamb bacon wrapped dates (yum - tasty along with house made marinara). We ordered the Chicken&Waffles,- server emphatically recommended. The fried chicken leg/thigh were very dark- hard as a brick to open. Once we cracked it, the meat was dried out and unappetizing. It went back-the second plate was slightly better - but seemed that it was frozen chicken somehow heated.and really.NOT good. The waffle made us go "lego my ego" - it was cold. Wood fired Fig & Bacon pizza had promise but was overcooked, dry and visibly charred. Dessert- pear tart- delish- white chocolate mousse- tasteless. Very disappointed and had higher hopes. Service/amibience-greatSpecial Features:
- Went out with the family forTastyVIPDined on 9/7/2013Went out with the family for a saturday evening dinner. Very impressed with the food and the service. Josh did an excellent job as our server. He made some nice recommendations for pizza entrees whcih impressed my daughter. Nice wine options with some great half bottle options. Dessert was great as well. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Friday Night dinnerFlowerShockVIPDined on 9/6/2013Great casual local spot. Lots of comfort food options and the pizza was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed14aa41Dined on 8/31/2013We were surprised by the blandness of the food and the poor service given the location of this establishment. Would recommend a Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares episode before reopening.
- Excellent Food, Reasonable PricesPaulaDollDined on 8/31/2013I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at M. The food was amazing. Playful and delicious. I eat pretty much everything, but some of my friends are picky/not as adventurous and this menu has a great mix of traditional (pizza) and unique (sticky buns). We did a few small plates and shared a pizza, so we got to try a bunch of different stuff. We didn't leave feeling grossly stuffed, just satisfied. The service was friendly. Our salads were a little slow, which is why I rated the service very good instead of excellent. But overall, a great dining experience.Special Features:
- WE HAD A NEW SERVER WHO HADOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2013WE HAD A NEW SERVER WHO HAD JUST STARTED AND COULD NOT TELL US MUCH ABOUT THE MENU OR WINE OR BEER SELECTIONS. THE FOOD WAS GREAT AND THE PRICES WERE REASONABLE. THERE WAS A BABY NEXT TO US WHO CRIED PERIODICALLY THAT TOOK AWAY FROM THE DINNER. THE WALLS WERE MADE OF WOOD, A RUSTIC LOOK, AND THE FLOOR WAS SOME FORM OF CONCRETE. CARPETING MAY HAVE MADE IT MORE HOMEY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasing ExperienceEatsoutalotDined on 8/30/2013Cauliflower gratin was amazing. Bruschetta with eggplant spread was the daily pick... Fantastic. Also, our entree, the #3 pizza. Was exceptional. Small plates were a little expensive but everything was well worth the price. All that plus a glass of wine was around $35. Pretty good if you ask me.Special Features:
- We were a group of 8 and theBwymoreVIPDined on 8/30/2013We were a group of 8 and the place was not that crowded and still took them 45 mins to get our food out and one member of our party ordered something they ran out of but we were not made aware of it until the food came out. Have been here several times in the past and it was very good ... feel like they are hitting a bit of a rough patch.Special Features:
- Will not returnCthomasDined on 8/30/2013Fourth time dining at M. Overall, the food is fairly good. Truffle fries were great as well as the wood fired pizza. Once again, the service was far below acceptable. It took 10 minutes before someone took our drink order. It took 20 minutes post drink order for someone to take our food order. I was never asked if I would like another drink, and after some time had to get up from my dining table and order a drink at the bar. Building was at ~50% capacity, though there were well over 12+ staff members, majority either socializing in the front by the hostess stand or in the back corner by the bar. It seems as though every time I've dined here, the staff continues to fail to meet a customer service level that would make me want to return.
- Would go again.DavidVIPDined on 8/17/2013Thought what we got was reasonably priced and good. Sat outside and enjoyed the weather and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmingaeh1Dined on 8/11/2013Not what we were hoping for. Seemed to be a real drag of a atmosphere, no one moving to fast. The prices were reasonable compared to the quality of the food. Certainly in no way does anyone care to go above and beyond. Example; for my potatoes that came w brunch came w no dipping sauce, that I can understand. My meal also came w 4 peices of dry toast. When I asked for butter or jelly he said he'd see what he could find. He did return in a bit w butter. In my opinion these extras should be served w or at the least offered.Special Features:
- Loved the Scallops!MelissaEDined on 8/10/2013We decided late Saturday afternoon to visit M that night. We couldn't get a reservation until 8:30, which worked out fine. Even though it looked like rain we sat outside, which was nice. The restaurant was very busy with all ages of people there. We ordered small plates. I had the scallop special that had a bacon and pineapple relish on it and the tomato mozzarella salad. Very, very yummy! My husband ordered the truffle fries and the mussels. The fries weren't as crisp as we like but we ate them! The flavor was good. The mussels were fine. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere was good asshumyDined on 8/9/2013The atmosphere was good as well as the food. Our waitress however was a little pushy and kept coming back to the table to push more on us. We really did not appreciate it. The first time I was there, it was a good experience but this time definitely was not.Special Features:
- Yum!OsumomDined on 8/6/2013Great ambiance, great truffle fries, and great pizza! Would love to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new place in Hyde ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2013wow, what a unique "pizza" place! We enjoyed sharing the sausage and apple pizza. The mac'n'cheese with short ribs was the "best" mac-n-cheese we've had. Would love to go back but we live in NY and have to go back home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2013My husband and I have heard good things about M and thought we would try it for a date night. We arrived on time and able to valet the car - we knew parking would not be great as it never is in this area of Hyde Park. Valet was reasonable and we just didn't want to deal with trying to find something on the street at 8pm on a Friday night. We ended up running into friends and asked if they wanted to join us - the staff at M was very accommodating to make our table of 2 into a table of 4. We were even able to get a table outside. We all ordered the pizza as we heard great things about it - we got three different ones and each were great. The wine was good and the other cocktails were good too. We're planning on going back, hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, flavorful foodmedboyILVIPDined on 7/25/2013We tried the mac & cheese with braised short ribs, truffle, and pecorino; the ahi tuna poke; and the wood-fired pizza with fig, bacon, garlic confit, balsamic reduction, rosemary, arugula. Each was absolutely delicious and very flavorful. My only critique would be the quantity of ahi tuna; it was a small bowl, only the bottom 1/3 of which contained a small portion of tuna for $12. I also would have served this dish with more dried plaintains, as it was delicious to eat the tuna on top of the plaintains. The service was excellent! Our waitress, recently moved to Cincinnati from Louisville, was energetic, friendly, and helpful at recommending several menu items. Desserts were awesome too--all made in-house by a dedicated pastry chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was top notch -- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2013Pizza was top notch -- service was disconnected, like we arrived at a shift change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alex does it againBeardsleyVIPDined on 7/12/2013Not your typical wood fired joint. Alex has added great and unusual touches to the menu and presentation we found delicious and fun, Long time Cumin devotees we knew the wine list would be exceptional, What a great end to a beautiful Friday night. Great energy and service, We'll be back,,,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected better pizzaCinciFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2013We ordered 3 different pizzas and 2 were very under seasoned. 1 was ok. The dough needs seasoning too. For comparable restaurants in Cincinnati, this pizza was not up to expectations. Nice surroundings and great service, but that doesn't matter if the food isn't on the same level.