M Wood Fired Oven
3514 Erie Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45208Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
M Wood Fired Oven
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.m-woodfiredoven.com/
- Phone: 5133867783x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 7 Days
Sunday through Thursday 5 to 11, Friday and Saturday 5 to 12
Sunday Brunch 10:30 to 2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Patrick Bowling
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from M Wood Fired Oven
Wood fired pizzas and wood roasted meats, pastas, creamy vegetable gratins, wines from around the world and a unique craft beer list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M Wood Fired Oven reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (29)great for outdoor dining (24)romantic (15)good for groups (12)notable wine list (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- I will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014This was my first experience at M and I loved it. Everything was wonderful - the m&m cookie dessert- DELICIOUS! Thank you for a wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza yum drink price dumb!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/10/2014My two beers cost more than my meal! That's just crazy. I did ask the cost of the beer before I ordered a bottle and the waitress did not know. 1 bottle $10!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere is fantastic.CintiTigerVIPDined on 4/5/2014The atmosphere is fantastic. We were seated at a table attended by both of the bar staff. You would think the service would have been exceptional, but it was abysmal. After a very long wait for two pizzas, one was great (fig and pig), the other not so much. Our margherita pizza was loaded with so much cheese the crust was soggy. Epic fail on a simple pizza. We will not be returning to M.Special Features:
- Great food at MOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Alex and his staff were wonderful. We were going to be a little late coming from Playhouse In The Park. A phone call fixed it all. The food and staff were great. Tried the cauliflower. Wow! We will return. M & WSpecial Features:
- Great place!BradDined on 4/5/2014Food was excellent, impressive wine list for a smaller, more casual place place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnermreviewDined on 4/4/2014Service was great and the food came out very very quickly. Tables were a little close together but the noise level was enough where you didn't hear other diner's conversations. The menu has a lot of great options. Pizza was great. Good vegetarian options. I would come back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badTruthbtoldDined on 4/4/2014Great location, attractive space. Too loud, door sticks open ( and has for over a year) letting cold air in. Neither of my choices had much flavor. Few items on menu appealed to me. Good pizza crust.
- Decisions, decisionsNGFoodieVIPDined on 3/30/2014It was difficult to decide which menu item to try. I had the pesto tortellini and it was outstanding. I also had a taste of the truffle fries and they were quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time diners, we enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014first time diners, we enjoyed everything!!!!!!!!!!!!! fig pizza delicious. it was just what we wanted, easy, pleasant, good service. wonderful restaurant to chill and enyoy.Special Features:
- The pizza was excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2014The pizza was excellent but my husband was a bit disappointed in his pork shank which he said had no flavor. However, the collards and beans that were served with it were outstanding. We will return for the pizza, especially the one with bacon, figs and arugula. We also enjoyed the cauliflower/brussel sprout gratin. It's very rich and easily serves 2 as an appetizer or side dish. It could be a meal by itself if you added a salad.Special Features:
- Good food, good timeTin56Dined on 3/22/2014The pizza was good but not great. It was also pricey. The service was fantastic and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. We would go back, but it's not at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greasy44RyleDined on 3/21/2014Ordered a day's special... fish sandwich with fries. Sandwich and fires were so greasy that taking a bite, I could feel the grease squirt from each onto my tongue.Special Features:
- toughonnoise is pleasedtough2pleaseDined on 3/16/2014I often struggle in public places with noise level. Yours was tolerable and I am a difficult critic in that regard. My date was completely charmed with the entire evening and because I often depend on the feedback of others and because everything else like food and service were so outstanding, please understand that the marks I have given are about as high as any I have given anywhere. Since we sat at the bar and ate near the oven by request, and that was the only section of the crowded restaurant not filled with groups. family, and coupes of all ages, I genuinely experienced this establishment to be one of the most versatile of any in which I have dined in terms of appropriate speed of very friendly service with outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adults night outAliceDined on 3/14/2014First timers. Known for the pizza which we got as a group, and pretty good. Ordered the short rib plate which was also pretty good. Server was very attentive, restaurant packed with good energy. Owner said goodnight to us since we were practically last ones there. Set in a trendy strip of restaurants. Parking very difficult to find as we spun around a few times, and then we got lucky when someone pulled out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious & unique foodCassieDined on 3/8/2014I was excited to try M because of their gluten free options. We went on a double date so it was a nice, energetic vibe for a Saturday night. Unfortunately the tables feel a bit crammed into the space and we were seated in front of the door, so each time patrons came in or left the building, a draft was coming right at us. Not that big of a deal, but not an ideal seating arrangement. We really loved the food- fried artichoke appetizer, au gratin brussels sprouts, cauliflower & pine nut bowl, chicken wings and gluten free pizza. The wait staff are pretty laid back and seem to enjoy what they do. They could be a little less laid back and a bit more professional for the concept & price point, but it's worth a visit for the food alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2014The menu looks great and the ambiance was nice. The food left a lot to be desired.
- FIRED UPCincydiner4Dined on 3/5/2014M prepares piping hot wood fired pizza specialties with a great selection of craft beers by the bottle and tap. Fresh artisinal salads and sides are scrumptious too! It's raw, open space with rough-sawn barn siding and an open kitchen engage guests with the staff. Playful 'S' shaped community table in the back corner is great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 10 New RestaurantsGreggaeDined on 3/5/2014Took my wife to 'M' for date night. She loved it and I loved it. We got drinks, appetizers, and their famous wood-fired pizza. Food was great. Our server was friendly and prompt. Take your date there!Special Features:
- I was disappointed in theFancyFoodDined on 3/1/2014I was disappointed in the wine list. Only one chardonnay to choose from and it was too expensive. Lower the price of the wine and include a house wine for less. Loved the unusual Fig and Pig pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The crab soup was delicious.HauserDined on 2/28/2014The crab soup was delicious. It tasted just like she-crab soup from South Carolina. The pizza crust was soggy and the flavor was mediocre. The tortellini was flavorful but tough. The atmosphere was nice.
- Specialty Pizza'sCalvinDined on 2/22/2014If you're looking for a place to find a unique, tasty fire-oven pizza, M's has a decent selection to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too cramped for comfortmissyDined on 2/21/2014The food was delicious. They have some very unique wood fired pizzas. The place is extremely small, and I felt as if I was sitting on the people's laps to the left and right, and they were not in my party. The table wasn't even big enough to put the pizza we ordered on and also have a plate to eat off of. So we had to eat right off of the plates our pizza came on. If there would have been people sitting behind us I would have had to have stepped to the door in order to put on my coat, because had I done that at the table I would have most likely hit people in the head. Because the place was so small the noise level was out of control. It was only half full, so I couldn't have imagined dining in there when it was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great on a cold winter's nightNickNDined on 2/16/2014My wife and I have been to M before and this time we went with friends. The menu is always changing a little bit each time and this was the best that we've seen there. There are innovative and delicious combinations of favors in each dish we ordered. The crostini appetizer was a surprising mix of savory and sweet that was very good. The servings tend to be generous so the 4 of us split 2 pizzas and this was satisfying. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchRoseDined on 2/16/2014Had brunch there with my girlfriends. Food was excellent. Had the salmon eggs Benedict. One of the best versions I've had. Service was ok, good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy with great pizza!!!SheeshDined on 2/15/2014A great spot in Hyde Park with great ambiance!!! Nice bar with a great view to the open kitchen!!!! While the menu is not vast, it does have some great appetizers and especially the wood fired pizza!!! Also great in the summer with a patio for al-fresco dining!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was relatively inexpensive and very delicious. We did have a small issue with the servers bringing us somebody else's food - twice. Also, the tables are extremely close together. Enough to hear and be a part of your neighbor's conversation. As it was Valentine's day, we weren't really excited about all that.. Around 9, the bartenders turned up "Blurred Lines" real loud. I thought it was fun, but other people may not be into that kind of thing while they're dining. I wouldn't exactly call this place romantic, but great for friends to hang out.Special Features:
- Great for Dates!MykREVIEWDined on 2/14/2014Loved this place! Had an amazing waiter! Very personable and funny. One bone I have to pick is that I came into the restaurant 30 minutes before close one night and no one came up to greet me or even acknowledge my presence. And I'm hurt by this only because I know I was noticed by the cooks, waiters, and other staff. I'm not sure if they just didn't want to deal with me due to them closing soon... I just had a question and stood for 5 minutes with no one coming to assist me. Other than that, I came back the next day and had a great date with my GF eating fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a first or second dateGOodPlate45208Dined on 2/8/2014As always, the food is flavorful and interesting enough to discuss when your relationship (or friendship) is new. Plenty to talk about. The pacing of the meal -- when each course showed up -- was just right. The ambience loses a star because of the glaring florescent lights over the work area of the kitchen, as well as the large screen television that is visible in the dining room. But overall, one the best restaurants in the neighborhood, and worth a drive to Hyde Park if you don't live there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FunHappyDined on 2/8/2014We went as a party of 10 for a birthday party. It was great fun. Our waiter really was fun and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Comfort food for vegetarians too!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2014Delicious comfort food in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Vegetarian-friendly with good salad selection, pizzas and yummy sweet potato casserole. Chef does a yummy meatless spaghetti on request. Easy, casual dining experience at M.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hit and a missOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014Dined for the first time with my hubby in a Saturday night. We were seated at an oddly placed table and after a few minutes were greeted by a waitress who provided no intro to the restaurant but quickly took our drink and appetizer order and later returned for our entree order. We had the mac and cheese, which was definitely the highlight of the night (and I'm not even a huge mac and cheese fan typically)! Absolutely delicious! My hubby also loved his "new fashion" from the drink menu. We had the fig and pig pizza (because we love the similar dish at Atavola). It was good, but certainly not as good as Atavola. Overall, we would return to eat at the bar, primarily for the great mac and cheese and fun ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingKMarstonVIPDined on 1/19/2014The food is always amazing and the service is exceptional. I love that the owner walks around getting to know guests but also isn't afraid to chip in and help his staff. Everyone from our 6 year to our 40 year old appreciate this gem! Amazing! Amazing!Special Features:
- Skip the reservation.GirlsBrunchOutDined on 1/17/2014We had a 7:30pm reservation and were not seated until after 8:15pm. We were barely recognized or apologized to. The service the rest of the night wasn't good, either. We could barely get water, let alone a cocktail. I typically enjoy wood fired pizza- I'd prefer to go to Pomodori's over M any day. We won't be back.
- Pizza Was Fantastic at Friends BdayEmCBDined on 1/12/2014I made a reservation for 10 people for my friend's birthday. It was super easy and when we got to M the table was already set up for us. We had two servers which was great! The pizza was amazing and I had some leftover for lunch the next day! The owner came over to talk to us to make sure we were enjoying ourselves--which we were! We all had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was packed! I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014This place was packed! I was so glad we had a reservation. The hardest thing of the night was figuring out what on the menu to order- it all looked so wonderful. My only gripe was that our waiter was slow on the drinks from the bar that we ordered, but everything else was greatSpecial Features:
- Great pizza but a bit too loudBarrioDined on 1/3/2014Date night with wife after two weeks at home with the kids. Food was excellent. Truffle fries were a little over salted but good. The mac and cheese was the second best I have ever had. Wife had arugula/ pesto pizza and loved it. I had the pepperoni and it was also very good. Extensive beer list includes Duvel and chimay. Only negative was the noise level. A number of large groups were in attendance and we both had headaches by the time we finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Wood Fired Pizza!Diesel1981Dined on 1/2/2014This is a wonderful restaurant - very intimate inside and charming. The wood fired pizzas are all excellent and have unique flavors to them. Make sure you try the grilled Caesar salad (uniquely wonderful grilled taste) and the truffle fries as well. They also have local beers on tap from Rhinegeist and Mt. Caramel, as well as a good selection in bottles. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2013Mac & cheese was amazing; risotto diappointing - no flavor; fig & pig pizza was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the Occasiongr8fulDined on 12/31/2013I was at M with a friend I had not seen in months. It was the perfect spot to catch up over a variety of foods, in an intriguing atmosphere with great service. Be sure to try the Gratin Veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was just average. NotDisappointedVIPDined on 12/28/2013Pizza was just average. Not many toppings. Ordered a side dish of risotto which was less than average.Special Features: