Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
One Lake Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.broadmoor.com/lake-terrace
- Phone: 8663818432x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Haga
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live piano music at Sunday Brunch.
A word from Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
Nestled alongside Cheyenne Lake, the elegant Lake Terrace Dining Room offers a traditional breakfast menu Monday through Saturday (walk-in basis only), and also hosts our elaborate Sunday Brunch. Featuring over 150 enticing items, accented by dazzling florals, culinary displays and accompanied by live piano music, The Broadmoor's Sunday Brunch offers the type of unforgettable culinary experience you would expect from our award-winning Colorado Springs resort. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (65)special occasion (53)scenic view (30)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (17)romantic (13)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great PlaceAndyDined on 10/20/2013Their brunch reminded me of brunch at the Biltmore in Miami, only a lot less expensive. Food was great, service was perfect and the place is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is supposed to be a highlyExperiencesDined on 10/20/2013This is supposed to be a highly upscale experience, and, though nothing warrants a bad rating, I found it to be lacking the elegance I expected. The tables were all very close together, the noise level was higher than I would have liked, and the pianist played fast versions of favorites that could have been better enjoyed at a slower, more leisurely tempo. The food was very good, though I am not sure I would have rated it as 5 star. It was definitely better than average or standard, and the variety and abundance of the spread was plentiful to the extreme, which is what I think people favor most. I was just slightly disappointed to not have the ambiance and overall experience match the luxury and esteem of the Broadmoor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCEDkeithDined on 9/29/2013We have been to the Broadmoor on several occasions. it has never been in any way a disappointment. Your reservation system is quite good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionsOHGinnyKDined on 9/29/2013Celebrating a 33-year anniversary while vacationing in Denver, we made a special trip to The Broadmoor because of what we heard about the "brunch" at Lake Terrace. We were not disappointed! The scenery, charm of the hotel and the array of food was unbelievable. Being able to try new and different foods was an adventure. We were graciously served by all staff. Although a bit pricey, special occasions deserve to be celebrated in a fashion that allows a "memorable moment." The Broadmoor afforded us that experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchFoodieDined on 9/29/2013We had 2 small babies with us for brunch, and staff was very accomodating to our needs (we had a group of 7 total). Service was awesome, very attentive - exactly what was expected from such a ritzy place. The desserts were fantastic! Food selection was so, so. I guess I was expecting more from reading the ratings. Halibut was dry and salty, braised duck was more like duck jerky. But overall experience we had a great time, just was expecting more in the taste department.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drove 100 miles for SundaybruncherDined on 9/29/2013Drove 100 miles for Sunday brunch to celebrate a birthday- was not disappointed. The variety of entrees was a splendor to the senses. The smoothies and desserts were top notch and capped off a memorable experience. Wait staff was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experienceswanlake2013Dined on 9/29/2013Our daughter and her husband were visiting from Memphis, Tenn. and we all agree this was the best over-all dining experience we have had....EVER!!!!!!!!!! Tthe ambience with a table by the windows was perfect; the service was very attentive to our needs; and the food was over-the-top. KUDOS to your entire staff. Janet RanchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rave Reviews ConfirmedJayJayDined on 9/29/2013Our 1st experience at the Broadmoor for brunch and it exceeded expectations on all counts. The setting is elegant, the service is superb and friendly, and the food is magnificent. We highly recommend this experience for special occassions or grand treatment for out of town guests. After brunch we enjoyed taking in Broadmoor sights around the lakeside. Make your reservations and enjoy, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- High QualityRockyTopDined on 9/29/2013The quality of the brunch menu was outstanding. Great variety of deserts, various smoked fish were delicious, great fresh fruit, and delicious baked goods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch1sttimeDined on 9/22/2013Took out of town guest to the Sunday Brunch which I had not been to before but had heard fabulous things about. The variety of food was unbelievable, and the service was outstanding. And the Broadmoor Hotel has such beautiful grounds to wonder around afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchVicGDined on 9/22/2013This was the first time I had been here for brunch - amazing. We are already planning our next trip.Special Features:
- Brunch at The BroadmoorBroadmoorDined on 9/22/2013the Broadmoor has really managed to make their dining experience and thing to remember. Not only do they have the best service but the food and layout of the brunch is just breath taking. I know why they continue to have 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/15/2013Check out all of the items and come up with a plan of attack before you fill your first plate. As an example, there were six different types of smoked and cold salmon. The omelet action station serves over 500 omelets during a typical Sunday. The servers were also very helpful. Coffee was covered for you when you were not at the table. Plates were removed quickly and silverware replaced as needed. This brunch is not to be missed if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeJudyC13Dined on 9/15/2013This is a special place, and, since we live 50 miles away in the mountains, we keep it for very special occasions. It has never disappointed us. One of the few places to cook perfect Eggs Benedict, and such outstanding service. We had to think seriously about the weather forecast before deciding to risk Highway 24 in these difficult times, but we are very glad we did. As it was, we were happy to get back about an hour before Ute pass closed again. So glad we went ahead with it.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful except....carlaDined on 9/15/2013...I would definitely recommend waiting for the eggs benedict to be made to order right in front of you, as the ones that were prepared even just a couple of minutes before and placed in the chafing dish were already cold or the yoke was already set. I'm not sure the use of a chafing dish lends itself well to eggs benedict. Everything else was wonderful.Special Features:
- Brunch for Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013The food was phenomenal, and the atmosphere is great. This, however, is not a place for fussy children. Other patrons are spending a fair amount on the meal, and screaming kids should not be part of it. The food is geared much more to adult taste. This is our third visit for brunch, and while the food was wonderful, the service was spotty. We were surrounded by large parties, so the focus of the wait staff was on those large parties, and as there was only two in my party, we felt like we got lost in the shuffle. We had to ask for dishes to be cleared and coffee to be refilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bucket List "To Do" for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2013After seeing the Sunday brunch featured on the Travel Channel and Food Network it became a foodie bucket list event for us to make the pilgrimage to the Broadmoor and it certainly lived up to it reputation and exceeded our expectations. The Hotel has an amazing collection of art and historic items and the grounds are beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyGrandpaof2Dined on 8/4/2013There are not many Sunday Brunches left that you can depend on having good food and deserts. Here you get it all, wonderful scenery and great service. There is a wide variety of meats, fish, cheese and deserts. The waffles with the Grand Marnier sauce was a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly the best in the nationSkyanneDined on 8/4/2013This brunch blew me away. My husband and sister ate everything and said it was all high quality food. I'm gluten intolerant, and was ecstatic that they had a table of gluten free breakfast items. In addition, most of their lunch dishes (veal, ,chicken, pork, roast beef, etc.) was gluten free, not to mention all of the cold cut and fruit breakfast items. There was so much for me to eat. Definitely worth the $. I would come back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hey, its the Broadmoor...firstKathiDined on 7/28/2013Hey, its the Broadmoor...first class all the way! Pricey but worth is for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family visits. MustOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2013Great for family visits. Must do for Colorado Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewBobo11Dined on 7/28/2013Very good service and food selection. I recommend limit small children coming to this fine restraunt---one very small child close to us cried most of the morning and this is not what we expected for a restraunt at this price levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/28/2013Our experience at the Broadmoor Lake Terrace Rm brunch....was one to remember...perfect dining experience....Don't miss the Maxwell Parish pictures at the entrance....Carol Jean from San DiegoSpecial Features:
- Nothing betterCrisDined on 7/21/2013Nothing better in the country than this Sunday Brunch. Elegance at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy brunchdevgDined on 7/21/2013Beautiful brunch setting amongst the Rockies. Victorian style hotel with good ambiance and live music playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seconds, thirds, and fourthsGoingagainDined on 7/21/2013The brunch at the broadmoor was one of the best meals I have ever had. The wait staff was attentive and stopped by often (but not too often, and the good selection was like nothing I've seen before. From smoked salmon to chicken Marsala,a bread table for any carb loving fiend,and a dessert table that had its own wall: the food selection was not lacking. I would also suggest this elegant venue for anyone with a special occasion to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was worth it !OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2013Spectacular for a special Sunday brunch. Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch was ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/14/2013Went here for the Sunday Brunch buffet and it lived up to the hype. Large array of options including plenty of vegetarian choices for my wife. The desserts were my favorite, especially all the chocolate selections (souffle, torte, macaron, marshmallows, pot de creme, and more!).Special Features:
- Exceeding my expectationsGatorDined on 6/30/2013I brought my family from California to the Broadmoor because I had heard from friends that this is "The place" to go for Brunch in Colorado. I felt valued as a customer as did my family and we all felt as if we were important guests during our time there. Our service was impeccable, the staff was friendly and the atmosphere was amazing. We continued to discuss what a great time we had thruout the rest of the day. It was a fantastic time and we all look forward to coming back to the Broadmoor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb BrunchRobertDined on 6/30/2013Brunch at the Broadmoor is a world class event. Food for all tastes awaits you. Service is perfect and a perfect way to dine on a Sunday in Colorado Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colorado BucklistDDOHDined on 6/30/2013Brunch at the Lake Terrace restaurant was the highlight of my weekend trip to Colorado Springs. After retiring from teaching in Ohio, I moved to Colorado and started my Colorado Bucket list. Several years ago while vacationing in Colorado, I came to see the Broadmoor during Christmas.... enjoying the holiday decor. It was then that I knew I had to return and splurge for the famous Sunday brunch. Next on my Broadmor bucket list is an overnight stay... Looking forward to your great friendly atmosphere with people who truly enjoying working there !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchTomhausDined on 6/23/2013Heard about the buffet and checked via open table and got a reservation Sunday morning for 1:30pm brunch. When we got there, they didn't show our reservation at first and told us it was sold out. I informed them of my confirmation notice and they somehow found our reservation. My friend was there the night before and was told on Saturday it was sold out. So, use open table, it works great! After a great and elegant brunch, we walked the beautiful grounds and had a great time. Made for a great afternoon. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that great for the priceFoodieDined on 6/23/2013We went for the brunch and it is pretty good which it better be for the price. I think the variety was much better at the All-Inclusive Barcelo Resorts in Mexico. Broadmoor is okay for once in a lifetime experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2013This was our 2nd year in a row to visit for birthday brunch. The food was excellent, lots of choices, an elegant place with good service. We will be there again next year!Special Features:
- Famous buffet brunch with styleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013This is one of the gems of the Sunday buffet brunch world. The selection is wide and interesting with some innovative touches. However, there were a few missteps. I asked the chef to make me a fried egg. He spilt the yolk, and cooked the egg that way, and made it till the egg was solid. Obviously knows how to make an omelette, and scrambled eggs, but can't fry an egg properly. His colleague who handled the eggs benedict, however, did a perfect job with her eggs (just a bit runny). No hard-boiled eggs available on Sunday (only on other days). The duck was nice but the crust was soggy and oily. The Chinese know how to roast a duck properly in a number of techniques. We've found no western chef so far who can rival that.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2013There were hundreds of items to choose from - all delicious. I set a limit on myself of selecting only 5 desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We plan to make Sunday BrunchDLoraineRDined on 6/9/2013We plan to make Sunday Brunch at The Broadmoor an annual treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our last time dining at theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2013Our last time dining at the Broadmoor since we are moving to Texas later this month. A last treat for my wife as she was showing friends from out of town around Colorado Springs, we'll definitely be back, one day. A great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One GREAT brunch!ernieDined on 6/9/2013The Sunday Brunch at the Broadmoor is a wonderful experience, one that we repeat at least twice a year. It's a little pricey, but that adds to the experience -- everyone there is aware that this is more than just a meal, it's a special event. The food is of the highest quality and greatest variety. But what we like most about this dining event is the wonderful staff, who do everything possible to make the brunch a happy experience for everyone. Thankfully, most guests dress well for the occasion, adding to its impact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BuffetAnniversaryDined on 6/9/2013The Sunday brunch buffet has a wide variety of delicious food. Several in our group went for the traditional breakfast items while others experimented with unusual food items. Exceptional buffet with a wide variety of items to select. Service was exceptional. Chefs are eager to please.Special Features: