Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
73405 El Paseo Dr. #120
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7607766777x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joshua Tajchman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Greene 7607766777x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)vibrant bar scene (110)romantic (82)notable wine list (70)fit for foodies (67)hot spot (61)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (34)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- indiojrr-mastrosindiojrrDined on 7/18/2014First time at this restaurant that we have been wanting to visit. It did not disappoint. Service was superb, food excellent and attention to detail perfect. Best vodka martini ever, delicious tender steaks and wonderful side dishes. We will be back!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnermavisjuneDined on 7/14/2014We wanted to go somewhere special to have dinner on our 30th anniversary. We are so happy we picked Maestro's! My filet was excellent, could be the best ever. My husband was very happy with his New York steak as well. Everyone was very pleasant. The manager stopped by our table twice to thank us for dining there and to make sure we were happy with everything. Daniel and Christy(spl?) our servers and they were both great and very attentive. We were also treated with a complimentary anniversary butter cake that was wonderful! We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IssieDined on 7/14/2014Service was slow on a slow night!Food was good but not noteworthy... Overall good.Special Features:
- Best SteakWoodhavenDuoDined on 7/12/2014Went to the Beverly Hills location and wanted to try their new location and did not know how it would compare. We went for our wedding anniversary and were we not disappointed. Both Maestros are packed with people and have a high noise level. So if your looking for quiet and romantic you will not find it here. But you will find great food, drinks and music !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed and upsetBonnieDined on 7/10/2014It was loud with spillover from bar. The salad was wilted. The lobster potatoes were runny. My steak had to be sent back as it was not cooked properly. Service was also slow. Came a month ago and everything was perfect. What happened?? Brought friends to treat them to a special evening and couldn't hear our selves think. Also the men's room had an attendant and the women's room did not. Why was that? Much to expensive for the experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful, until...dfisherDined on 7/10/2014I was having a great dinner, until someone started a lounge act at 6:30pm. Suddenly my $200 steak dinner with my son was in competition with some guy recreating 60s and 70s R&B with a piano and his computer. Loudly. I was initially told they couldn't turn the music down, but that changed and they found a more reasonable, but still loud, volume level. Food was great, service was good, the dinning room is crowded with too many tables, but clearly, this location is more interested in their bar business than the dinning room. Won't be back, unless I feel like dinner at 4pm so I can finish before the lounge act kicks in.Special Features:
- AmazingDined on 7/5/2014Amazing food! Best steak and dessert (butter cake) we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Steak HouseKathleenDined on 7/5/2014White table cloths, tuxedo waiters, and great food. What else can I say? Oh- GREAT MARTINI!!Special Features:
- Mastro's is Tremendous (expensive)rlasorsaDined on 7/5/2014Everything about Mastro's Steakhouse was excellent - food, service, setting: All outstanding! If you plan on going there, be ready for a very hefty bill. It is the most expensive Steakhouse in the area.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and Great Live MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014My wife and I visit this Mastro's location every time we are in the Palm Springs area. Steaks are absolutely amazing, sides are large portions, and live music in the bar area is fantastic if you want a more vibrant feel. Sure to return every time we are in the area.Special Features:
- SamthewineguyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Mastro's is the ultimate special occasion restaurant in the desert. The steaks are spectacular, succulent, and cooked perfectly. The shrimp cocktail is incredible and a must order. The sides are large and should be shared as perfect accompaniments to the steaks. They have the best Bernaise sauce we've ever had anywhere. The waiters like Ambar, Marco, and Christie add to the special occasions by providing friendly, attentive, professional service. Their wine list is good but if you bring a special bottle or two to match the occasion, the wine is always served properly in excellent stemware. Don't forget to save room for desert, especially the butter cake.Special Features:
- Excellent Steak houseJohnVIPDined on 7/1/2014I've visited several Mastro's and they are all excellent. The food quality and flavors are very well done. This is not a budget restaurant, but if you are looking for high quality food, with terrific service, Mastro's is the place. I like sitting in the bar area, a bit more casual and more buzz.....
- DINNER WITH OUT OF TOWN FRIENDSlilo42VIPDined on 6/28/2014Everything was superb, from the management to the front desk, the waitress, servers! As always a top notch experience. Thank you, Lilo CooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mastro'sFoodieHeavenDined on 6/28/2014Getting a suitable table was exhausting to say the least. We had reservations and weren't aware that we needed to specify a "4 top". Front desk personnel were not warm and fuzzy to say the least. The noise level in the dining room was not compatible with fine dining. Service was precise and cold. It was okay just not a welcome glad to have you feeling. Food was wonderful. Probably one of the best steaks ever. I wish the personnel matched the quality of the food.
- Need ear plugs!BellissimoDined on 6/28/2014I have tried this restaurant four times in every part of the restaurant...will not return...the noise level, music, etc is deafening...not a good dining experience...there are too many steak houses in the desert with good food and an atmosphere where you can have a conversation to return to Mastro's...they obviously cater to the bar crowd...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Thank you Mastro's for the great service from thr front desk to the opening of door at the end by the manager it was all first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their Australian Kobe is the bestGourmetFoodieDined on 6/22/2014I rank Peter Luger Brooklyn as #1 and this is certainly in the top 3 of steaks. What's so good is that it is every time we eat here. We come at 5:15 pm and highly recommend the earlier hour to maximize the always attentive service and minimize any possibility of loud alcoholic volume around us https://workforcenow.adp.com/portal/theme happens in most steakhouses at a later hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinner successdesertdiningDined on 6/21/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner and were very glad we did. Steak cooked perfectly, fish was fresh and dessert was incredible. The wine list was a bit limited, but other than that, Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicedesertdinerDined on 6/20/2014We had never eaten at Mastro's and I asked for a special table for my husband's birthday. He and I were dining alone. The table we were given was next to a waiters station with much traffic. I asked for a different table and we were moved. It was surprising that my request was ignored, but the service, aside from that, was excellent. We felt pampered and the wait staff was attentive and charming. The food was good, but nothing especially memorable.Special Features:
- AMAZING PLACEarturoVIPDined on 6/15/2014I LOVE THIS ELEGANT AND HIGH END RESTAURANT, THE FOOD IS REALLY GOOD AND THE STEAK IS VERY UNIQUE. YOU MUST GO TO THIS RESTAURANT BEFORE YOU LEAVE PALM SPRINGS!Special Features:
- Perfect for any occasion! DeliciousWeLoveFoodDined on 6/14/2014The food and service were great! The live music was a definite plus as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014I would definitely recommend sitting in the bar area - the restaurant part of it is WAAAAAYYY too quiet.Special Features:
- Date NightKGW22Dined on 6/14/2014Have dined here several times in the last few months and we always enjoy.Special Features:
- great service loved the summer menuluvefoodDined on 6/14/2014the food was great wait staff was super,made a special dessert for my boys graduationSpecial Features:
- No Mastros in the DesertLove2dineDined on 6/12/2014Great music. Pretentious "suit" with the ear piece. He should be watching the flow of service. Poor service, but people seemed nice. Too much time between courses, sometimes 10 to 15 minutes. Caesar salad soggy and old. Love the Beverly Hills location. This does not compare. Waste of money, we can get a better steak, with better service at the Smoke House. Sorry we spent over $200.00. Another restaurant, in the Desert, who didn't give back correct change.
- Perfection Pluseby3VIPDined on 6/10/2014From the time our cocktails were served we enjoyed the wonderful bread serving. The dinner serving was faboulous as was the 58th anniversary desert!Special Features:
- 1st Time - Will returnSophiaDined on 6/8/2014Had a wonderful time for our first visit to Mastro's. The food was very good and we enjoyed everything except for the loud music. To be honest we are both music lovers and had thought we would encounter jazz or Sinatra-esque music but instead it was high energy Pop music, which is find but for a high-end steakhouse? We will definitely be back but maybe just earlier in the evening before the music is in full swing. Oh and! Thanks for the follow-up call Mastro's! I have to admit that was the tipping point for a successful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaraunt weekHappyDogDined on 6/8/2014Had to wait 15 minutes past our reservation time and for June in the desert, that's pretty bad. Also the tomato salad was bad - had to send it back. Tomato was no where near ripe and no flavor. They replaced it with a Caesar salad which was good but way too much garlic. But, overall the restaurant week menu was awesome, the steak one of the best I've ever had and they brought us a butter cake for our anniversary. Our waiter was nice, sound was pretty loud. Nice touch was the next day, we got a phone call thanking us for coming.Special Features:
- fine dinningjohnrbeDined on 6/8/2014excellent experience and fine dinning, expensive, but deliciousSpecial Features:
- The Mastro's WaytheOracleDined on 6/8/2014This is a steak house, and that's why we went there. But ordering steaks at Mastro's is something like ordering coffee at Starbucks. I ordered the filet, rare. Hot plate or cold plate? Butter or not? Rare or really, really rare? Rare cold inside or not? After all this, they got the sides wrong. Hahahahaha. Don't get me wrong. They know their steaks, but apparently have some very picky customers. The room is lovely and the service is really good. The food is great. Would we go again? Sure. I'm always good for a laugh with my steak.Special Features:
- Mastros fine diningDesertdwellerDined on 6/8/2014A lovely warm and inviting restaurant with mood lighting. We went during restaurant week in a Palm Desert and it was packed. Extensive selections and our waitress had memorized all of the specials. The food was terrific, the prices above average and side dishes were aka carte. We would go back for sure. P S. Dine as far away from the live band as possible if you want conversation with your guests at the table!.,Special Features:
- Expectations not metJayTDined on 6/7/2014Service was great. Michael was very attentive as expected from a high end restaurant. However, the chefs cut ribeye was not good. We asked for medium. When it came to our table, the outside was charred. The inside was rare. We called the server and asked him to send it back. He was sympathetic, and asked if this should have been cooked medium rare. I told him no, this should should be medium. The noise level was very high. It was difficult to have a romantic dinner with my girlfriend. Low reviews because the food was not cooked to our likings and noise level.Special Features:
- BirthdayKGW22Dined on 6/7/2014We were 7 guests and had a wonderful time. The food was as expected and the service terrific.Special Features:
- The Place!Airey3Dined on 6/7/2014This was our 5th time to Mastro's and it never failed to exceed our expectations. The service, the food, the atmosphere bring it all home. Our server Shanyce had excellent recommendations and knew the menu like the back of her hand. The GM, Michael, greeted us at the front and made us feel like regulars, which is always a wonderful feeling. My husband who is a true steak snob raved another the quality of the meat and perfection in its preparation. Worth every penny!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent experience!luv2eatDined on 6/6/2014Class all the way. Loved the live music in the bar area.Special Features:
- DisappointedDonaldVIPDined on 6/6/2014Restaurant Week Would have thought the restaurant would have put out their best efforts in the Price fix menu. Had Filet Mignon bite size portion 6oz with watery Mashed Potatoes and broccoli. It was scooped out from a casserole dish onto a small heated dish. Had it not been for the bread would have left hungry. French Onion Soup, broth exceptional but had no ONIONS just broth and dollop of cheese and the portion only filled 1/2 of the ramekin. I thought Restaurant Week you would present your best so patrons come back. The 3 other people I was with also felt the same as this review and stated they are also in no hurry to return. The waiter also was pushing the item on the main menu which was in extremely small print. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- SeattlefanDined on 6/6/2014The cheesecake is wonderful!!! The service is magnificent...very interesting crowd too especially in the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MASTRO'S PALM DESERT - THE PLACE!DEGUSTATIONDADDYDined on 6/6/2014From the moment we pulled up to the valet and he helped me on with my jacket, to opening the door, reception by FOUR lovely people, get us to an awesome table, and a meal a la superbe! Only thing we did not like was the bone marrow appetizer. They took in off our bill. This is now my PLACE TO GOSpecial Features:
- lovely eveningdesertconnoisseurDined on 6/6/2014Great food and wine. Service is wonderful. The filet was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceMfamily6VIPDined on 6/5/2014We visit Mastro's often and this time around we decided to take our daughter for the first time for her Birthday along with our other kids . Called ahead to inform them of Birthday. Even with reservations out table was put together by two cocktail tables. I felt so distant to my family. No napkin service was offered, de crumbling of table never occurred throughout meal and bday dessert never happened. Attentiveness to table just wasn't there as casual and we felt that because we had our kids we were not as important as others even though it was late at night and not busy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.