Seasons 52 - San Diego
4505 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seasons 52 - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seasons52.com/
- Phone: 8584501252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lucy Cyr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We feature live entertainment nightly at our piano bar.
A word from Seasons 52 - San Diego
Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52, you’ll enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 or more are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your event, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. We also feature a Chef’s table for smaller groups or more intimate settings. Together we will create the event of the season! For more information, visit our website at www.Seasons52.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Seasons 52 - San Diego - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Seasons 52 - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
388 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (207)fit for foodies (189)special occasion (168)good for groups (142)great for outdoor dining (134)neighborhood gem (129)notable wine list (110)vibrant bar scene (103)romantic (82)hot spot (79)great for brunch (43)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (25)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always a pleasant mealTomasldoDined on 8/16/2014Above average food and spot-on service is a minimum requirement to get me to pay for a meal. Seasons 52 has yet to fail me. Food varies slightly from amazing to very good, depending on what you order and I guess who is plating the meals. Service is always excellent. If you get poor service at Seasons 52, you are the problem.Special Features:
- Never Fails to DelightSanDiegoRobertTDined on 8/16/2014We have a foursome that gets together once a week and we wanted to find a restaurant out of our normal digs and and treat ourselves to an evening of upscale food and casual elegance. I've been pleased every time I visited S52 in the past, so my choice to try it again with everyone was met with delightful satisfaction. Fine food does come at a price, so prepare to spend some money on the "good stuff". Leave some room for the desserts! (I usually get two)... The service was very good and our waiter was very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our neighbor favoriteskel2caliDined on 8/15/2014The trout dinner is amazing! And the desserts are so cute in presentation, and very tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HogwildTillseeUtodineDined on 8/15/2014Jose was a great waiter. The pace was nit rushed. Each wine selectuin was accimpanied by a test tast and bottle review. The chef introded speacils and pairings.Special Features:
- American GemSuzyVIPDined on 8/15/2014The decor wirh dark wood adds warmth and coziness in the large dining rooms. The friendly professional staff overwhelm with attentiveness. Oh yes, did I mention superb food?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eateVIPDined on 8/14/2014we always love seasons and appreciated the birthday treats!Special Features:
- Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Went at 5pm for happy hour (it's until 6:30pm) and celebrated my boyfriend's birthday. The staff was super friendly! They knew before hand that we were celebrating and they gave us two champagne glasses and a birthday card. Very thoughtful.Special Features:
- Not a great fanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014I hadn't been to Season's 52 in several months....last time at the Coasta Mesa location for a dinner (a good experience). Two days ago a friend suggested meeting at the la Jolla location for lunch. Reservation was bumped up in time (excellent). Patio was mostly in the hot sun....we moved to a shady table ( excellent ). Waitress was super nice and accommodating. Food was inferior!!! I ordered the vegetarian plate....quinoa was bland except for the cranberries...not the type of quinoa I know...more like wheat berries. Grilled veggies ie broccoli was under cooked. Taco was so so. My experience with most dishes are that they have good presentation, but small portions with large $$$.Special Features:
- Fun for BirthdayssdmargoVIPDined on 8/13/2014We were celebrating a special birthday and loved our special treatment by Ryan and Seasons 52!! We've already scheduled 3 other birthday celebrations with you for the rest of the yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attractive productHelenaDined on 8/12/2014This was my friend's first visit to Seasons 52. She was very impressed with the lunch presentation of her Ahi tuna salad, which of course, was delicious, as always.Special Features:
- EclecticWisegirlDined on 8/12/2014Very noisy....good service....some choices of the menu are much better than othersSpecial Features:
- Season'spunkuscDined on 8/9/2014out go-to date night spot. always great food, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:
- Seasons 52happymonicaDined on 8/9/2014Excellent Service. Very Fresh tasty food! A bit noisy! Nice attention to B-days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return again and again!BalboafanDined on 8/8/2014I've been enjoying meals and happy hour at Seasons 52 for quite awhile now and it never disappoints. I appreciate the courteous service and the tasty food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The best place in UTC area. Everything is convenient, from its location and proximity to our office, ambience, parking, food and service. Desserts are irresistible and to die for. Staff are very professional and make everything as perfect as possible. Well-thought of additional service by providing a complimentary valet parking especially during lunch rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helthy ChoicefurbrainDined on 8/7/2014Seasons 52 is a great restaurant to take friends, business associates or anyone you want to impress with a healthy, delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodAQTuckerDined on 8/6/2014I have eaten at this restaurant multiple times and never been disappointed. Always a consistent pick for an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change it upVoraciousVVIPDined on 8/6/2014I treated my BFF to lunch for her birthday.it was her first time. I have been to both locations (UTC and Headquarters) many times since they opened. Anna was our server. She was excellent! Attentive enough, but didn't hover. We ordered a bottle of wine and she didn't try to fill our glasses every 5 minutes. BFF and I both ordered the vegetarian tasting dish. While it was very good, and BFF loved it, I wish they would change it up, PLEASE!!!--or add another vegetarian entree option. Seasons offers veg side dishes but most are the same ones on the tasting dish. I probably won't be going back for awhile as I just cannot do the same dish again. Oh! They treated us to a dessert and champagne to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedFabulousVIPDined on 8/5/2014We usually come here almost every week....but for some reason this week, the service was horrible...and they could not get my order right if their lives depended on it.....and mine did as I have severe food allergies..... Yes, they took my meal off the bill and paid for the desserts, but I was still non-the-less disappointed. The waitress was totally non-functioning. She really came back after the drinks were served, only to bring the delicious desserts around......we had to wait and find people running past to help us with our issues. We hope to never be sat in her section again.....Special Features:
- Food & Wine were quite goodfatoldbroadDined on 8/3/2014Went here with 2 friends (total of 3) after a play at La Jolla Playhouse, and was pleasantly surprised at how good and convenient it is.Special Features:
- Great service and food!Scotty23538Dined on 8/3/2014The service we received is top notch. Menus change regularly so we never get the same thing but it's all delicious. You get full so having the small dessert cups are perfect to get a taste without feeling like a glutton in the end.Special Features:
- Always Reliable for a Great Meal!lightstarDined on 8/2/2014We have always have a great meal and good service at this restaurant. It never disappoints!
- Horrible food. Worst meal in SDOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Haven't had a meal this bad in a very long time. Ruined our date night.
- Great dessertsPinkyDined on 8/2/2014Seasons 52 has wonderful small $2.75 desserts that are delicious and just the right amount after a dinner.Special Features:
- Deliciously PerfectWalkmanDined on 8/2/2014I hadn't eaten at Season's 52 in years (only eaten while traveling in FL). I forgot how amazing the food is and how good my body feels after I eat their food. The serves was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- MangerDined on 8/2/2014Delicious food, great service and beautiful ambience!Special Features:
- Nice Last Minute Datenight FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were pleasantly surprised to be able to book a reservation on open table a mere hour before our 4:45 reservation. We were having an early dinner in order to make a 6:00 movie time. When we arrived we were quickly seated at a booth in the bar area. The food was amazing as usual, we started with the Ahi tartar. We decided to get a couple glasses of white wine and as usual the staff was more than accommodating with tasters to help us narrow down the selection. My wife ordered the herb chicken and I had the scallops. All the food exceeded our expectations. The staff also went above and beyond to get our food and check to us in a timely manner to help us make our 6:00 movie. Another great experience at Seasons 52.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tcheDined on 8/1/2014All three of us had different flatbread and desserts. All were very good. The facility could use some sound deadening material. It was sometimes hard to hear each other talk unless we raised our voices.Special Features:
- Great local hot spotNeillibDined on 7/31/2014Always consistent with very good service and a nice summer menu offering a good variety of healthier choices. The use of local fresh produce gives the menu some flair and we always love the smaller calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emilie14Dined on 7/31/2014I am not only impressed with the food and service of this restaurant but their quick action as well. I inadvertently left my credit card after dining at Seasons 52 on 7/31 and they called me right away as I was driving home to tell me about my card. What a great service! In this day and age, it's good to know that you have a restaurant that you can trust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made A Special NightStillBillDined on 7/31/2014We celebrated our 1 year anniversary together as a couple at Seasons 52, it couldn't have been a better place. It was our first time there but will NOT be our last time, it was FANTASTIC. the food was GREAT our server was knowledgable and recommended the perfect wine paring for our meal. The preparation of our entree was PERFECT! Dessert was wonderful. We will be back very soon and will be proud to bring our friends and make Seasons our first recommendation to all.fSpecial Features:
- Slow Service but good foodCCSDCAVIPDined on 7/31/20142 hours seemed a seemed a bit too long for the dinner we had - one appetizer, no dessert and no wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy LunchBluepointinSDDined on 7/31/2014A very popular place. We made reservations and were seated promptly. Off beat menu. I had a small crab salad but had to ask for bread to go with it. It wasn't normally served. Nice decor, but very noisy. We left immediately after eating in order to continue our conversation outside where, even at the mall, it was quieter. The server was good, but the hostess got very defensive when we asked for a booth. She did honor the request but appeared to have been personally insulted.
- On my list for a return visit!sunnyknowsbestDined on 7/30/2014Excellent service, friendly and well versed staff, attentive but not intrusive. The food was inventive and nicely presented. I had a flatbread with figs, goat cheese and bit of bacon, and a side order of a nice coleslaw: lovely, light, tasty. I look forward to trying other things on menu, including the delicious assortment of desserts. The only drawback was that the room is a bit cavernous and they were quite busy at lunch time. It was really very noisy, so difficult to hear lunch conversation at my own table.Special Features:
- Delightful mealLisaDined on 7/28/2014I had a business meeting at Seasons 52. The flatbread was terrific. The Greek salad was just what one would expect. But those damned desserts...I was perfectly satiated until that S'mores dessert made its way to my table and insisted I have it. I did, and it was worth it. What I love about dessert at this restaurant is that it's rich and satiating. That it is small both in size and caloric content minimizes my guilt. The food is tasty and healthy, and I love that (although big eaters like my husband would find the portions wanting). I do hate fighting the crowd at the front desk, but that's what happens when a place is good.Special Features:
- DM Foodiedmfoodie1Dined on 7/27/2014We went to Seasons 52 with our young adult sons, they enjoyed the food especially the flat bread, trout, and salmon. food was excellent and so was our server. My son is allergic to nuts, server was helpful offering substitutions. As usual we enjoyed the flight and trying new wines. Overall we had a delicious dinner and enjoyed the music. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and healthy too!SoCalEnthuVIPDined on 7/27/2014All menu items are 475 calories or less, but you wouldn't know it based on their presentation and taste! Very delicious and beautifully prepared. Even the deserts are less than 300 calories! But you may want to order a few because they are so good.Special Features:
- Dining at Seasons 522dineisdevineDined on 7/26/2014This is now our favorite restaurant! The menu is appealing on all levels and the service is very, very good. Michael (I think this is his name) was an A+. Thank you for this wonderful addition to San Diego's dining selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declining food qualityabcdVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was my third visit since opening. Disappointed with the noticeable drop in food quality as popularity increased. Kitchen may be struggling to handle the volume.
- Seasons 52 La Jolla, CAKfoodDined on 7/25/2014Finally made it to Seasons 52 as Ive been told Ive got to go! The food and restaurant ambience were very good especially the live piano music. The service was ok but I was not too excited when the entrees appeared right after the appetizer was served, poor planning! While the menu is interesting it’s not that special, is pricey and doesn't motivate me to rush back.Special Features: