15977 City Walk
Sugar Land, TX 77479Neighborhood:
Sugar Land / Missouri City
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aura-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2814032872
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from AURA Brasserie
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AURA Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Sugar Land / Missouri City ›
AURA Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (24)great for lunch (23)notable wine list (15)romantic (14)great for brunch (9)hot spot (7)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- At First We Did Not Have A WaitersugarlandfoodieDined on 8/30/2013Our first waiter never returned to take our order. After asking the bus boy, for help and another 10 min. just before we were about to leave and go to Carrabba's across the highway, when another waiter appeared. He said," I just found out this was my table." He was affable enough and offered to pay for my salad for the troublesome wait. He tried to make it up but the damage was already done we felt ignored. I must disclose, we were late for our reservation but the restaurant had several open tables at the time. The sea bass was prepared well but a very small portion. The glass display on the wall is beautiful. I am in the town center area quite frequently so I will not say that I would never go there again but it won't be soon.Special Features:
- Great experienceBrandonRNDined on 8/27/2013Excellent service very dynamic menu with lots of tasty options. Perfect timing In between eat course. Food was prepared impeccably, pork chop was memorable along with the dessert. Great please to catch up with a friend, professional yet laid back atmosphere. Would def consider going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new 'top 5' restaurant for us!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2013We have been trying the 'Houston Restaurant weeks' luncheon and dinner menus as a way to sample new restaurants, and lunch at the Aura Brasserie has been the standout so far. All three courses were excellent quality, both in appearance and taste, and for the $20 price, also outstanding value. Service and the wine list which are always important criteria for us when dining out and we were also very good. The decor in the restaurant was also brilliant particularly the wall adorned with coloured glass ornaments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with reasonable portionsDavidDined on 8/24/2013Aura moved to a new location about 8 months ago. The new restaurant is a bit louder than the previous one, due to more tables and fewer room dividers. Other than that, there is nothing negative to say. We were seated promptly and with friendliness. Immediately our waiter appeared. He was knowledgable and helpful with the menu items. Food was served in a very timely fashion. Portions were perfect -- not so huge that eating the first course left no room for the second, and not so miserly that we left feeling cheated and hungry. The menu selection is extensive -- much larger than the previous menu. Each dish was presented artistically, and flavors were well balanced. Everything we had was delicious. Prices were reasonable given the quality.Special Features:
- good foodBachVIPDined on 8/22/2013We had the Houston restaurant week menu and it was quite nice. The fois gras creme brule with a fig sauce was creamy and rich. I used the extra French bread to clean the plate. The duo beef and pork tenderloins were extremely tender and juicy. The chocolat fondant was a small cake with warm melted chocolate inside. Delicious. I also had the ginger Rogers cocktail, it is a version of a monitor but with ginger syrup so it added a little zing to the drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good French foodyulya51Dined on 8/14/2013We really enjoyed this restaurant - the food was very good, the service was exceptional. A word of caution to future visitors - if you don't appreciate authentic (as much as gets in this country) French food and are going to order a Ceasar salad and a steak - pick some other place. It's not that american fare is bad there, just mediocre. But if you really enjoy tartars and cream brule - this place is unbelievable! Wine list is quite large, but the majority of wines are from California and Argentina. There are a few French ones, and we drank a pretty good "Margaux". All in all we really enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good dinnersteakloverVIPDined on 8/13/2013We tried Aura for the first time during HRW. What a pleasant surprise. The food was excellent and service friendly. We all enjoyed our meals and intend to return, though Sugarland is a little out of the way for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France comes to Town CenterFryIsAManDined on 8/13/2013Very excited to have a French restaurant worthy of Paris here in our Sugar Land. The decor was reminiscent of a Paris cafe, the food was wonderful, and the overall ambiance of the restaurant was very relaxed. Looking forward to coming here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuv2dineoutVIPDined on 8/10/2013We were so much looking forward to a nice dinner on this evening after a very busy day. Wine list was just okay, crab begniets were good for the appetizer. I ordered Sea Bass expecting the beautiful, white, buttery Chilean variety , but what came was thin, still skinned, overdone, and muddy tasting. I could not eat it. I realize this was partly my mistake for not checking with the waiter, but also feel the restaurant was misleading by not advertising the type of sea bass on the menu. I would have asked for an explanation had I seen an unfamiliar name. My husband's tournedos of beef and pork were dry and over cooked for medium. The crusts on the berry cobbler were doughy and undercooked. We will not return.
- They can take a reservation but....Babsy2DinesDined on 8/9/2013Food and ambience were superb. Only complaint was we had reservations for 7:45 and upon arrival were told there was a wait. There was no where to wait, as the few bar stools were occupied and the bar had no tender. I then asked how long the wait would be and was told there was two couples ahead of us. We decided to go nearby for a drink. We called in 20 mins and a table still wasn't available. We eventually got seated around 8:30. We will return. Everything else was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but like many othersbhetypaVIPDined on 8/6/2013I enjoyed the food and the glass installation on the wall. The service wad good. However I did not notice anything special that neighboring restaurants could not offer. Because the leased room is square in shape, there is not much of intimacy or ambiance the owners can so. The noise stays on and 4 walls don't allow much intricate ornaments.Special Features:
- first time & will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2013food was great! my family & I dined for hrw & it was a great experience that matches many higher end restaurants within the loop. I like that its close to where my parents live so we will definitely come back for special occasions. Price is high compared to surrounding location but worth it i think. They had a good cocktail too & my father enjoyed his wine. I cant wait to come back & try their regular dinner menu.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed mealShar101Dined on 7/24/2013Food was very good and was smaller in portion size with a great price for lunch. Service was good. Only complaint was noise level. The dining room is small and the noise really bounced around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother-Daughter LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2013We were very pleased with our first visit to Aura, after reading & hearing about it. As we walked in we were blessed to encounter the owner/chef who spent several minutes visting with us. Our waiter was attentive though busy. The food is delicious, especially the ceviche & the crepes - amazing! Plan to go with my husband next time. M.A.D.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always enjoy the dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2013I always enjoy the dinning experience at Aura. Food and service is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2013Everything was wonderful. Really enjoyed the food and service as excellentSpecial Features:
- great food plenty of healthy optiongjrosaDined on 6/21/2013The menu has many great options that everyone will like. Would be great for a date night or group outing as well. Great fresh fish dishes - try the striped sea bass. Great bar too, but pricey. Dinner for two with one cocktail and an appetizer cost us about $100.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoritecbuckVIPDined on 6/21/2013I love the ambiance, the food, and the service! I've been a fan for years and love the new location with its feel of a French brasserie. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on point!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/20/2013I've been to both locations however the one in Sugar Land is more conveniently located. I absolutely love the bisque but have come to realize you can't go wrong with any of the soups. In most recent visits, I have fallen for the crab beignets--- I've never had better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013Went to Aura for brunch for the first time only having been there for dinner before. Extensive and creative menu to choose from (which was difficult). Very reasonably priced wines. Food was fantastic and so was our waiter, Alex. Highly recommend Aura.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2013The food was great and Iwe will return to taste the dises that we didn't get.Special Features:
- I had an order of Foie GrasEllaGDined on 5/30/2013I had an order of Foie Gras - and the chef's mood this time served it with goose liver pate with ever so lightly caramelized glaze on top and bits of pear seared in some incredible sauce, My partner had the Beignets De Crabes - and they are just that, beignets filled with jumbo lump crab meat. I had the fish special with asparagus risotto and my partner had the crispy pork shank and he had trouble keeping it to himself as I was chipping away at it as often as I could. Moist and bursting with flavors. Apple tart is a must and the chocolate mousse cake with molten lava inside ... I've been a patron of Aura for more than 15 years and I never had a less that fantastic and memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2013You have to scream to talk to someone just in front of you. Terrible ear ache after 5 min in this place. Not for romantic occasion for sure!Special Features:
- Aura Doesn't Disappoint!WineanddineDined on 5/15/2013Aura recently moved to Sugar Land Town Center and we were curious about the new location. We enjoyed an excellent anniversary dinner, and would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special night out on the town. We ordered the filet mignon and the duck, and both entrees were delicious and perfectly cooked. The dessert trio of profiterole, creme brule and bread pudding was yummy! The service was excellent without being obnoxious. The ambience was interesting, although carpeting would add warmth to the interior. But we thoroughly enjoyed our evening of celebration and think the location change will work in Aura's favor.Special Features:
- FabulousJessicaDined on 5/14/2013My family and I have been going to the Aura's in Missouri City and were delighted that the same owners opened a restaurant in the Sugar Land Town Center. We went for the first time on Tuesday to celebrate a late Mother's Day. The food, atmosphere, and service was excellent as always. We are always impressed when eating at either of the Aura establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Mother's Day DinnersuomigirlDined on 5/12/2013Prix Fixe menu sounded good; execution was fair at best. Plenty of room for improvement.Ordered mustard crusted rack of lamb cooked medium, and ended up with overcooked 4oz of meat.
- Hot new venue for Sugar Land.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2013A great new spot for a wonderful experience. Sugar Land now has a great lunch and dinner venue. Recommend to all. Their lunch special is a great value! Try it. Easy to make reservations on Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French bistro in the hoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2013Kinda lost in the Town Center strip, Aura is a good spot if you want something a little more refined. About as pricey as Perry's, but more intimate and, of course, more French. Worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aura is my favorite restaurantVickiDined on 4/28/2013Aura is my favorite restaurant in Houston. Chef Perrier has high standards and the food never disappoints. The softshell crab starter was excellent, crispy and succulent, with a mild pepper mayo. I had the chicken crepes with mushrooms and spinach. They were tender and tasty with a mild cream sauce. My companions loved their brunch entrees. The eggs Benendict with salmon and the croque madame with truffle butter were hits!Special Features:
- The food was great & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2013The food was great & service very good. Only downside was the noise. Too noisey for a decent conversation.Special Features:
- A good value for french cuisineJPTexanVIPDined on 4/20/2013Aura is a classic french retaurant in the heart of Sugar Land's Town Cener. The service was excellent and the overall the food was good. I had trouble with my steak in that they tried to convince me that the ribeye I was served was in fact the sirloin strip I ordered. I sent it back and opted for the Duck Confit which was quite delicious. My wife order the Chef's choice Foie Gras and was presented with a HUGE portion. It was quite tasty and a great value. The place is small and attempts to remind you of a french bistro in its atmosphere with the large red leather booths on the walls and the granite tables but fails when it comes to the miniscule bar area and the glass sculptures on one wall. They are so out of place. I'll go again.Special Features:
- Outstanding. Proposed to mySLfoodieVIPDined on 4/19/2013Outstanding. Proposed to my future wife. They help make it a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Delicious French inspired foodN2b8rDined on 4/12/2013Delicious food with a distinctive flavor. This was a great place to go on a dateSpecial Features:
- I prefer the prior location'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2013I prefer the prior location's atmosphere better but still great food and service. Extra kudos to the chef for making us the now off-the-menu truffle mac and cheese. Our server was great!Special Features:
- Worth going backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2013Wonderful food. Good pace... not too slow nor fast. Relaxing. Lots of choice. Food was hot and fresh. Nice selection of wines-by-the-glass. Personable, knowledgeable waiter. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a quiet evening inAlleymanDined on 3/17/2013Enjoyed a quiet evening in the uncrowded but smallish dining room. This venu might get noisy if filled. Food and service were excellent and the wine suggestion worked nicely. Try the Beignets de Crabes.Special Features:
- What a find and worth the drive!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/15/2013Went to look at pianos in Sugarland and look what we found. Really good beet salad with goat cheese. Very good food and unpretentious, which for me is a bonus. My partners had the Loup de Mer (bass) which they really liked and I had the game plate (duck breast, quail breast and venison sausage) which I thought was excellent. Nice desserts also.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/12/2013Excellent food and service -- business lunch was a great value and perfectly portioned -- everything came out quickly and was delicious. Service was some of the best I've had in any restaurant in Houston or anywhere else, for that matter.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/9/2013The food and service were very good. The tables were packed in so you'll want to avoid if your the slightest bit claustrophobic. The service was a bit rushed which was perfect for us but may not suit others. We'll definitely be going back.
- The food was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The food was outstanding, as was the service. And while the space is small, one is not really aware of others seated close by. Chef has done it again!Special Features: