1633 Williston Road
South Burlington, VT 05407Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.guildtavern.com/
- Phone: 8024971207x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Solis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room able to accommodate up to 60 guests
- Private Party Contact: Scott Olmstead 8024971207x
- Special Events: Every Thursday is an Evening Out at Guild Tavern! These very informal, free-form events are designed to celebrate a select spirit, cocktail, wine/region/winery, food, farm, etc. These events are open to everyone; no tickets or reservations required. Just show up and join the conversation!
A word from Guild Tavern
Guild Tavern is a farm-to-table dining experience featuring dry aged, local beef, pork, and poultry grilled over Vermont hardwood. The menu offers casual tavern fare alongside classic steakhouse entrees, wood fired mixed grills, seafood and vegetarian options, and an innovative cocktail program.Continued
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Guild Tavern - Best Restaurants in Burlington, VT ›
Guild Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (79)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (34)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)great for brunch (11)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very Noisy- Distracted ServicehungrygroupDined on 5/13/2014We ordered drinks and dinner at 7:20 and did not get our plates until 8:20. The restaurant was busy, but there were only six of us and no one ordered a complicated plate. None of the servers came over to check on us in the meantime. The woman who told us the specials said intermittent words and then walked away halfway through. We had no idea what she said. Once we finally had our dinner, it took a very long time to have our plates cleared and get the check. The interior of the restaurant is very well done, but the place gets super super loud when busy. It has the potential to be great- they just need to work on their service.Special Features:
- Excellent in every way!Phoenix95Dined on 5/13/2014I have been to The Guild a few times and have always had excellent food and service. This time we took my mother-in-law and she stated it was the best restaurant we took her to while she visited Vermont. Our server, MK, was friendly, funny and very helpful with suggestions. The appetizers, and entrees were fresh and flavorful. We had delicious and strong cocktails and were surprised with a yummy dessert. My mother-in-law requested to be taken to The Guild next time she is in town. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Foodie123Dined on 5/11/2014The servers are so friendly and helpful. The food was amazing start to finish and the wine was also great! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No words.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014There are no words that could really explain how amazing our experience was. The food was beyond amazing, the service was like no other and it's just an amazing place!!! Will be back, and will def. Recommend to friends and family. I wish I would have came and experienced sooner ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014We had a party of six and all of us had good meals. Portion sizes were good. The prices were high but the food was delicious and many of the products are local and of high quality so we understood the pricing. Selection of beer was great. We also enjoyed 3 desserts and all were very good. We enjoyed the open kitchen and the decor. We would definitely come here again.Special Features:
- The GuildGiniDined on 5/10/2014Absolutely fantastic. I live in Miami and any time I visit my family in Burlington, VT going to The Guild is a must! The food is fantastic, the staff is attentive without being intrusive. I wish there was a Guild restaurant in Miami.Special Features:
- Great Food but Kind of PriceyNightOutDined on 5/9/2014This was the first time we had been to the Guild Tavern. We had heard several mixed reviews from our friends and wanted to try it for ourselves. The service was good, the food was really good - although quite pricey, but the noise level was way too loud. It was a great place to try once but I probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Great SpotHappyDined on 5/3/2014Overall great experience. Would go back again. Super service, tasty food, good atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2014Clam chowder very heavy, as though they had added lots of flour. Lacked much in the way of clams, potatoes or flavor. House salad was small, but OK. Roasted squash quinoa cakes were so pasty that the flavors did not come through. Crab cakes were OK, but not particularly notable. Whole potatoes were heavily fried. Spinach was tough and not too appealing. Appetizers came out 5 min. after ordering and entrees within less than 5 min. of removal of appetizer plates, so it was not a good place for a leisurely dinner. Service was excellent. Lots of space between tables, so noise and privacy were excellent. Would love to see some more fresh fish options other than just salmon, which most all restaurants offer and gets a little tiresome.
- Special Occaision Placegoodeats7Dined on 5/2/2014We love this place, but it is so very expensive. Food and service great. Only go once a year on a birthday as with 3 people eating here, with 2 drinks a piece, appetizer, salad and dinner is over $300. Really too expensive for the area. Wish there were some less expensive options on the menu. Can't complain about anything once there...everything is very very good. Don't have to dress up. Casual nice attire is fine.Special Features:
- WowBigDaddyDined on 5/2/2014Amazing service, food was awesome!!! Go early and get a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2WestcoastFoodie2Dined on 5/1/2014Although this time at the Tavern was as a couple, we will definitely be back with friends and family. Food was excellent and the service was outstanding. From appetizers to dessert it was a treat. Cocktails were amazing and suited the "tavern" with a number of retro and innovative offerings. Steaks and crab cakes were especially good! You won't be disappointed. Thanks for a great dining evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday venuegp12Dined on 4/30/2014Took my family to Guild for my wife's birthday. Food was excellent, half priced cocktails (Wed), and service was exceptional. The steaks are always cooked to perfection. I was able to order flowers with my Open Table reservation, which were waiting for us at our table. I could have ordered a specialty cake ahead of time as well. I would always recommend the the Guild for a great dinner, but you know that if you are going there for a special occasion, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerVtfoodDined on 4/30/2014It was my first time at the guild and I was very excited about our reservation because I had only heard good things about it. Our reservation was for 7 people at 7:00 pm. We were seated quickly and we're given the resturant week menu (which looked delicious!!). Where the resturant really lost my vote was the service. We did not order our meals until 7:50, the bread did not come to our table until we asked separately, waters were not refilled, and our check was clearly an issue when we asked to separate it. The food was fantastic -- no doubts about that. But when we were paying, our server rolled her eyes at us when we asked for separate checks and groaned until we explained what we needed (3 checks).Special Features:
- Toouch serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2014We went on a Sunday night and it was restaurant week. Not too busy the $35 menu wAs the best choice. My friends had fish & chips or we should say fish nuggets very disappointing . They make their own ketchup but should stick to Heinz the experts, ketchup is not really N item to make. Culinary stains on. The sever was well aware of the ketchup issue. We were asked At least five times if they could clear our app thAt we were obviously still eating. The steAk was very good but a man of any size over 150 would have left hungry. Will not return too pricey not worth it
- Great changes!!LoveDined on 4/26/2014It had been a while since the last time we visited....but the updated menu was wonderful....food was delicious and the service was amazing!! Will definitely return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D2k2b3Dined on 4/25/2014My wife and I had another great night.We were given a table we didn't care for and and the hostess graciously moved our table.Our service was outstanding and I wish I had asked the waitress her name.the food was also outstanding,some of the best salads anywhere.I mentioned that it was our anniversary and we were treated with champagne and dessert.This really made us feel special.I have found in my several visits that the service here is exceptional.The entire crew is well trained and very knowledgeable .PS I also love this groups other restaurants ,they have it dialed in.Special Features:
- great food and servicewunderskiDined on 4/25/2014We had a party of 8 for dinner. The food was cooked perfectly and was wonderful! The service really stands out. The wood fired grill really brings out the flavor of the locally sourced steaks . The Oysters were very tasty and a wonderful inclusion to the menu. We had a really great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014This was our first visit and my boyfriends birthday.. The wait staff was very attentive and the food wonderful.. Have told many how great our experience was. Will be visiting again :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014I wanted to try this restaurant since it opened but was a little put off by the price. I finally had the opportunity to dine there last Thursday and was not disappointed. The food was delicious, the service good and waitstaff very pleasant. The only thing I would have changed was the booth was a little uncomfortable and it was noisier than I expected. Yes, I will be back and yes I recommend it.
- EBarnesDined on 4/22/2014Being from out of town (Houston Texas), we ate at several establishments during our week-long stay in Vermont. None of the restaurants came close to the service we received from Guild. Our server was extremely helpful, and never hesitated to suggest or explain any of the local delicacies such as poutine. Regarding food: I did find my bone-in Ribeye (ordered medium-well) a bit too charred for my tasting but was still good. I also had the Potato Leek Gratin and Braised Greens to accompany my Ribeye; both were extremely tasty. The only negative was they didn't offer any local wines from Boyden Valley Winery. Overall the restaurant has a nice ambiance, good food, and great service. Guild will be on our to do list in future travels to Vermont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lpeteVIPDined on 4/19/2014I started with the clam chowder. It was thick and creamy but needed salt & pepper. I thought it was bland. There was a burger special and it was great! The meat came out perfectly, and had a lot of flavor. I had the greens: fresh and refreshing. I like that the beers come in half sizes; great for just a taste or two.
- Believe the hype!LeoDDined on 4/19/2014The menu will delight localvores/foodies: veggie options, great salads, seafood, all varieties of meats, all prepared with great care, presented beautifully. Try the oysters, which were very fresh, with absolutely no grit, with a delicious sauce. My husband had the mussels that come with a scrumptious broth that we were all too happy to soak up with delicious toasted Red Hen bread. My dish included surf and turf: steak was perfectly seared, melted in my mouth, and was deliciously seasoned; the crab cake was not mushy and was full of flavor. The carrot cake and mocha mousse were rich and huge. Versatile ambiance: great for romantic dinner, but we went back with young children, too. Families can ask for children's menu. Fantastic staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it but...luv2eatsteakDined on 4/18/2014I would have loved to see some Magic Hat products available. I feel like they dont get the notoriety that they deserve. They have some fantastic beers that I'm sure will fit into the beer list well. GREAT food though.Special Features:
- Awesome steakhouseTim850csoDined on 4/18/2014Fantastic meal to celebrate my fathers retirement. The food was amazing, the waitstaff professional, and the dining room was tastefully done. Absolutely recommend The Guild for anyone who enjoys great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a traditionmrsAbenetoDined on 4/18/2014My husband and I like to come to Guild to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We celebrated our third anniversary last year and so valentine's day and we came back this year for our fourth anniversary and also the first romantic tete a tete dinner since baby's birth. So it was a special evening in our favorite place. Thank you Guild for the good time (always) Lolita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendupcycleDined on 4/17/2014Delicious food with many great options. Great space. Sitting in a booth is a plus. Great selections of beer and wine.Special Features:
- The truthBigghomieDined on 4/16/2014Worth every dollar. Everything is very well done and I was very impressed. The staff is very knowledgable and helpful and the food is proper. If your a fan of red meat, you must try it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outCaitZDined on 4/12/2014Extensive menus, nice array of appetizers. Great for a special occasion!Special Features:
- We had a nice night... oystersBoyzinVT2014Dined on 4/12/2014We had a nice night... oysters were not very good although you always take a chance in VT with those.... steaks were great but service was just "Okay". Not much of a wine list in the chardonnay category for moderate costs. Good night out otherwise :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steak houseBudgie666Dined on 4/11/2014Prices are high but the steaks are exceptional. For foodies looking for artfully plated, super creative food, this misses the mark. However the steaks are AMAZING. For the prices charged I would have like to have seen much more creative / interesting sides - potatoes, fries, braised greens, and maple butternut squash were great but was expecting more like what is the standard at places like Kitchen Table Bistro, shelburne farms inn, etc. Loud ambience reminded me a bit too much of other steakhouse type places rather than fine dining. Maybe since it was a busy Friday night it was louder than usual. Will probably go back and try it again when I'm craving local grass fed beef expertly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJimBTVDined on 4/5/2014Three adults ate for $125 - no desert, only 1 drink ($10). Quick, friendly service, very good food. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Local meat and vegetables rock!foodiesDined on 4/4/2014It was relatively easy to get a reservation for Friday night. The space is pretty big. Specialties include grilled meat and steaks were outstanding. Salad had tasty and fresh vegetables and all sides were delicious. Shrimp and grits appetizer was excellent! Carrot cake with salty caramel sauce was top notch! Would go back any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine at Half Price!cbclyDined on 3/31/2014We chose The Guild for our anniversary dinner on a Monday night. The atmosphere was comfortable yet clean and sophisticated. We split the filet mignon (one serving is a whopping 10 ounces, so splitting was a perfect 5 ounces). We finished the dinner off with a piece of house made mocha cake to share. We indulged in a bottle of wine (it was half price for a Monday night promotion). A lovely dinner and a perfect place to celebrate! The service was perfect and we were even treated to an amuse-bouche compliments of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visitSelbyDined on 3/29/2014I had heard good things about the restaurant from others but was warned it was expensive. We love real fires in fireplaces so were pleased to see that there were two real fireplaces, one in the more casual side and one in the more formal dining room. We were seated in the formal dining room which was OK but definitely lacked the atmosphere of the casual room. I wish we kne to request a table in front of the fire because one opened up but we weren't allowed to move there because someone had reserved it for an hour later. The food was excellent and the service was excellent but it was in our opinion, overpriced. I don't feel that a restaurant in Burlington can really ask for New York and Boston prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJennCTDined on 3/29/2014We dined at the Guild for a special occasion. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. I would go back in a heart beat and recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance and Local FoodDozMDined on 3/28/2014Great place to take out of towners. Especially those that fly in at dinner time! My guests were grateful and shocked that we met five minutes from the airport. They stepped into a lovely setting with quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Unexpected Find in S. BurlingtonLongTrailGirlDined on 3/27/2014On a whim we stopped in to the Guild Tavern, which rose like a phoenix from the ashes of the old Ground Round. What a delightful surprise to learn that what was once a run-down sports bar is now a vibrant and creative restaurant with a focus locally sourced foods. We have enjoyed dining at the sister restaurant in downtown Burlington but had not expected to find such a delightful place along the strip of Route 2 through South Burlington. I recommend it! Only negative comment: it's pricey, but a nice treat.Special Features:
- Best Burlington BurgersFrankDined on 3/25/2014Juicy perfectly cooked burgers! Best Onion Rings ever tasted. 1/2 price brews some nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseLizardDined on 3/25/2014This is my second time dining here and I have been pleasantly surprised with the service and food both times. Nice beer and wine selection. The kitchen treats prior to the meal are excellent, tables nicely appointed, and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.